Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Murphys Law posted:

God, this. I live north of Baltimore and work south of it. Every day there's at least one idiot coasting along without a care in the world. They have all day to get where they're going, so you and everybody else get to take all day too. Then there are the ones who are well aware that they are holding a long line of cars up but "gently caress those people, they don't get to decide how fast I have to drive. I'm driving the speed limit."
:psyduck: yes gently caress those people obeying the law. I wanna speed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

buttcoinbrony posted:

European PSAs are pretty intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNL6t-Eu-IY

I can't tell if the cartoon SPLAT at :44 was in the original commercial or added by the uploader, but either way I approve.

God drat, I laughed harder at this than anything else today. It's so comical I'm surprised there isn't a laugh-track, since you (or at least I) expect that maybe the driver will hit one kid on his rush to get where ever, but nope. He goes straight for the multikill/ace. Classic British humor.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LawfulWaffle posted:

He goes straight for the multikill/ace. Classic British humor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sQ8HUOrxlc

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Darkhold posted:

Then let them, you're probably doing more harm than good being a speedlimit vigilante as they swerve through traffic trying to get around you.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

buttcoinbrony posted:

Yuuuuup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipnJbSnmc24

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

LawfulWaffle posted:

God drat, I laughed harder at this than anything else today. It's so comical I'm surprised there isn't a laugh-track, since you (or at least I) expect that maybe the driver will hit one kid on his rush to get where ever, but nope. He goes straight for the multikill/ace. Classic British humor.

It's loving brutal

It's like real life Metalocalypse, who wouldn't laugh

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

buttcoinbrony posted:

Here's Latvian one about saving friends from drunk driving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deKg0_I0wxw

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Darkhold posted:

Yes, while the actual speed limit is 55 or 65 depending where you are, the actual traveling speed that most drivers in this area maintain is 65 to 75, or more, so gently caress those smug assholes coasting along in the fast lane holding up a line of cars behind them as all the traffic in front of them gets farther and farther away, because they've decided to be self appointed speed monitors.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Sometimes I make mistakes on the road, sometimes I stop myself before I do something on the road that may be inconsiderate or petulant, most of the time I focus on following the rules of the road and being nicer to people even if they're not being nice.

Hth

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If they went over the speed limit they'd end up in this thread anyway, so it's kinda win/win as far as content goes.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

buttcoinbrony posted:

I can't tell if the cartoon SPLAT at :44 was in the original commercial or added by the uploader, but either way I approve.

There's another Irish one that I had to watch my first year of college, and I literally have flashbacks to the screaming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YEoYGArMas
Fucks sake, Ireland.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Darkhold posted:

If you're driving in the left-hand lane of traffic and not passing anyone, you're probably breaking the law even if you're not speeding.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Hmm how about instead of debating speeding and passing or not, we rub poo poo all over our butt cheeks and rub them against each others chests.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chinaman7000 posted:

Hmm how about instead of debating speeding and passing or not, we rub poo poo all over our butt cheeks and rub them against each others chests.

If you don't go full SWAP.avi I don't even know why you'd try.

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

Darkhold posted:

Haha look at this dork.

Mother, those other boys didn't wait for the light to cross the street. Mother? Mother, stop them!

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
A while ago I'm on the highway and the driver in front of my won't let some guy over. This guy had been weaving in and out of traffic, darting past everybody and falling back as his lane slowed down. So he decides he wants to merge but the guy in front of me didn't let him. The solution to this was to roll down his window and launch a big glob of spit at the guy's car. Now can anybody tell if, while traveling at 50+mph, that glob of spit reached its target?

Answer: No, in this particular case it blew back and splatted against the side of the spitter's car.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
There's an abundance of lovely drivers, everything is not an intentional conspiracy to ruin your commute.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZqqKb6H9n8

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Not much of a contribution but man is that a nicely looping gif.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Not much of a contribution but man is that a nicely looping gif.

Never noticed it before, but it really is a thing of beauty.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Fast-lane chat is the best way to troll goons.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Fast-lane chat is the best way to troll goons.
Hmm, let's give guns to fastlanes.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Roro posted:

There's another Irish one that I had to watch my first year of college, and I literally have flashbacks to the screaming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YEoYGArMas
Fucks sake, Ireland.

This was the one I was looking for, but then I found SPLAT and had to post it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Noctone posted:

I loving wish cops would enforce the "keep right except to pass" law we have here in Colorado. There are a lot of fuckers in the Denver area that make a point of driving slow in the left lane and it's loving infuriating.

This happens everywhere.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah well I had someone honking their horn and flicking me off while going the speed limit in the slow lane.

Like what the gently caress is that, I drive like a grandma, that's why I'm in the slowest goddamn lane.

Truckers are the worst.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kalstrams posted:

We also shouldn't tip the guns in the fast lanes.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Darkhold posted:

If you want to do the speed limit, good on you for not speeding. If you wanna do the speed limit in the passing lane while others are going faster, you're now obstructing traffic, which is a ticketable offense. I generally dont exceed the speed limit because getting somewhere 30 seconds early isn't worth risking a hundred bucks worth of tickets and ungodly amounts in increased insurance, but I'm also not a vengeful little prick who feels the need to be a citizen police officer, so I just keep right.

If people are going faster than you, get to the right. If you don't like getting right, either speed up or loving deal with it. This isn't some sort of opinion that can be debated, there are laws on the books covering it and there is a right or wrong answer. Spoiler, you're wrong.

BiggerBoat posted:

This happens everywhere.

Not in Florida they don't:smith:

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Anosmoman posted:

There's an abundance of lovely drivers, everything is not an intentional conspiracy to ruin your commute.

Who said there was? Someone being a blissful idiot is just as if not more infuriating than an antagonistic idiot.

The only people talking about people blocking the fast lane intentionally are the slow-driving weenies themselves tsk-tsking the criminal element that dares to drive 73 in a 65.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

*cracks knuckles* Here we go guys....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIpFQPPElls

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Choco1980 posted:

sting operations are sometimes so satisfying. I remember seeing years ago on Cops where they setup a thing in this high crime projects area where a semi would breakdown and the driver would get instructions from his supervisor to walk to the nearest service station (not an absurd situation) as then locals had devised little hand tools to jimmy open the back and start taking the cargo. But the cops set up a false interior with a trap door with like a half dozen cops hiding and would wait til guys were fully in the car before jumping out and arresting them. That was a fun episode.

Yeah, that was a good one!
s3e19

Rough Lobster posted:

A good one I saw was this thing where they set up an easily stealable car in high crime areas. Eventually someone comes along and steals the thing. It's also fitted with cameras and a remote kill switch, and the looks on the criminals faces when that thing shuts off is hilarious.

Bait Car. The Justice network plays a few hours of it a day if you've got OTA tv and live in one of the markets.

Speaking of stings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Ngfwr41U4

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kalstrams posted:

I think Los Angeles already tried that back in 1987.

An LA station coined the term "road-rage" during the '87-'88 shootings.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 00:17 on Oct 23, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
When the legislature reduced the freeway speed limits (in the 90's, I think), California Highway Patrol sent out their vehicles to take up all available lanes of traffic going at exactly the speed limit on the commuter routes during peak time. It took people hours extra to get to work that day.
I remember seeing news helicopter video of the cops driving in a fixed line, with an empty highway in front of them and what looked like a high speed parking lot behind them, backed up for miles.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Grem posted:

*cracks knuckles* Here we go guys....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIpFQPPElls

The comments go straight to victim blaming amazingly fast. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this on Youtube.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

buttcoinbrony posted:

Shame on yaieou.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The comments go straight to victim blaming amazingly fast. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this on Youtube.

Oh wow, the sheer amount of "she said gently caress you! She's a slut bitch who deserves to have her face smashed into the pavement!" comments are genuinely kind of terrifying. These kids are what, twelve?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Nuebot posted:

Oh wow, the sheer amount of "she said gently caress you! She's a slut bitch who deserves to have her face smashed into the pavement!" comments are genuinely kind of terrifying. These kids are what, twelve?

Are you talking about the children in the video or the children commenting on the video?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Are you talking about the children in the video or the children commenting on the video?

The ones in the video, they can't be very old, can they? I think that's the most hosed up bit about the whole thing, people projecting all that poo poo on a ride-by gently caress you and some dumbshit kid acting like a dumbshit kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Yes.