Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

willie_dee posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/oct/21/reebok-blames-design-error-for-regrettable-ufc-ireland-shirt?CMP=fb_gu

The Irish shirt has maid the mainstream press in the UK. I'm going to send in my design

Germany

UFC

What is sad is that no one is accountable for the fact they jst hand wave this and say this is a design error and everyone moves on. How is it a design error when there is an image of a person wearing it and it has already been created? No one who saw it up until this stage said "ah I kind of see an issue" have a hard time believing that. It just sucks that so much of this reebok products are coming out so shoddy like the giblert shirt how could that make it to a jpg on a webpage it just makes no sense that was being printed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Korea is One and Dokdo is Korean territory.

Only difference is that current generation South Koreans don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuck about the north. Seriously.

When I was living there and DPRK shelled that island my family was freaking out (even though I was on the other side of the country) and all the Koreans I worked with were like "they do this poo poo all the time, chill"

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Meowbot posted:

How is it a design error when there is an image of a person wearing it and it has already been created? No one who saw it up until this stage said "ah I kind of see an issue" have a hard time believing that. It just sucks that so much of this reebok products are coming out so shoddy like the giblert shirt how could that make it to a jpg on a webpage it just makes no sense that was being printed.

I can't speak for the keel lab he shirt for sure, but it's very possible it was never actually printed. Many of those shirts are digital mockups, even the ones models are wearing. The giblert shirt is an example, it war never actually produced, their mockup was just embarrassingly erroneous.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bluedeanie posted:

I can't speak for the keel lab he shirt for sure, but it's very possible it was never actually printed. Many of those shirts are digital mockups, even the ones models are wearing. The giblert shirt is an example, it war never actually produced, their mockup was just embarrassingly erroneous.

Andy Serkis, in a mo-cap suit in front of a green screen, having a breakdown as he tries to draw out the emotional motivation behind Reebok Shirt Model.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Meowbot posted:

What is sad is that no one is accountable for the fact they jst hand wave this and say this is a design error and everyone moves on. How is it a design error when there is an image of a person wearing it and it has already been created? No one who saw it up until this stage said "ah I kind of see an issue" have a hard time believing that. It just sucks that so much of this reebok products are coming out so shoddy like the giblert shirt how could that make it to a jpg on a webpage it just makes no sense that was being printed.

Why would anyone notice?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BlindSite posted:

Jesus christ no one loving cares about gamergate

I will not sit here while you are fooled by the media or whatever that guy said while having a meltdown in PSP

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

david carmichael posted:

Why would anyone notice?

You would of thought someone in Reebok, a fairly high ranking sports wear company, would notice a) how poo poo the product is b) how offensive it is.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

david carmichael posted:

Why would anyone notice?

Because it's something Irish people, the ostensible main market for said shirt, get upset about so you'd think somebody would have at some point vetted this

red19fire
May 26, 2010

willie_dee posted:

You would of thought someone in Reebok, a fairly high ranking sports wear company, would notice a) how poo poo the product is b) how offensive it is. only give a poo poo about profit margins.

I don't remember if it was Nike or Reebok, but in the 90s after a huge sweatshop backlash and a dog & pony show about improving working conditions, they just shifted production to an identical sweatshop next door.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

fatherdog posted:

Because it's something Irish people, the ostensible main market for said shirt, get upset about so you'd think somebody would have at some point vetted this

Seriously. More baffling than the shirt design itself is the amount of people on the internet shrugging it off like it's "not a big deal and why would people be mad about it?"

mewse
May 2, 2006

I thought Northern Ireland had fallen off into the ocean anyway??

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
After the fight kit launch which had stuff like Giblert Melendez and Marcio "Lyoto" Machida I'm actually not surprised at all that nobody at Reebok realized their t-shirt would make people upset.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Slow mo vid of Sage Northcutt doing a cannonball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRoouz-esVE

Zoom out

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

willie_dee posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/oct/21/reebok-blames-design-error-for-regrettable-ufc-ireland-shirt?CMP=fb_gu

The Irish shirt has maid the mainstream press in the UK. I'm going to send in my design

Germany

UFC
I liked this mock-up:

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

fatherdog posted:

somebody probably google image searched ireland, then traced it, then showed it to other people in the company and they said "whatever". why would anyone have any idea of what the country or island of ireland looked like from memory

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

loving lol if you need someone to explain yo you why this is a terrible shirt.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
its obviously a dumb shirt, its just silly to think that t-shirt people should know the outline of ireland or the difference between the republic of ireland and ireland, particularly in a country where most people couldn't identify most of their own states by sight

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

willie_dee posted:

You would of thought someone in Reebok, a fairly high ranking sports wear company, would notice a) how poo poo the product is b) how offensive it is.

They clearly don't care about the quality of their products, this should be obvious by now. As to your second point I doubt the 22 year old intern who was tasked with making an Ireland shirt felt he needed to do historical research instead of finding clip art for "ireland" and putting it on the shirt. The first batch of shirts that went out should tell you that no one is giving these a second look. Simple spelling mistakes have been everywhere.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Its fine if you personally, or anyone else, didn't realize what was wrong with the shirt. A company trying to make money off of "territorial allegiance" needs to be more diligent.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
in a sport with nazis, rapists, different kind of nazis, domestic abusers, world of warcraft players, burglars, etc. it seems sort of weird to talk about how offensive a shirt of ireland the country instead of it being a shirt of ireland the island is

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

canada jezus posted:

Its fine if you personally, or anyone else, didn't realize what was wrong with the shirt. A company trying to make money off of "territorial allegiance" needs to be more diligent.

they absolutely do not

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

david carmichael posted:

its obviously a dumb shirt, its just silly to think that t-shirt people should know the outline of ireland or the difference between the republic of ireland and ireland, particularly in a country where most people couldn't identify most of their own states by sight

reebok could do a map of the US with only 4 or 5 states bunched together and mostly everybody would endorse it

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I think its just the fact that reebok has been loving up basically everything, that its real easy for everyone to jump on them again. Its been a rough week for irish ufc fans.

edit: lol ok whatever.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
the Reebok deal is an after thought when it comes to the UFC, and I don't see how you can get all nutted up about a shirt when the whole process since its inception has been riddled in gently caress ups

it would actually be more surprising if there wasn't some kind of issue

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's strange because if you google ireland or even the republic of ireland almost every single photo is still the whole island. It's like they are actively trying to be bad instead of just lazy.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

david carmichael posted:

they absolutely do not

oh ok

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

canada jezus posted:

I think its just the fact that reebok has been loving up basically everything, that its real easy for everyone to jump on them again. Its been a rough week for irish ufc fans.

edit: lol ok whatever.

reebok has been loving up everything and its really funny, but its also really funny to see the weird outrage over what is at the same time an obviously dumb mistake and a huge perceived slight against irish nationalism or whatever

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

david carmichael posted:

reebok has been loving up everything and its really funny, but its also really funny to see the weird outrage over what is at the same time an obviously dumb mistake and a huge perceived slight against irish nationalism or whatever

I'm not irish i can't really judge how bad the fuckup was tbh. Like i'm definitely not personally upset, but this has lowered my opinion of reebok (even further).

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

canada jezus posted:

I'm not irish i can't really judge how bad the fuckup was tbh. Like i'm definitely not personally upset, but this has lowered my opinion of reebok (even further).

so like are you going to stop buying cfl jerseys or what

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

red19fire posted:

I don't remember if it was Nike or Reebok, but in the 90s after a huge sweatshop backlash and a dog & pony show about improving working conditions, they just shifted production to an identical sweatshop next door.
Sounds like Nike but was probably both.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
People hated Conor McGregor because they felt like the UFC was giving him preferential treatment when it comes to match making.

Not me, I hate McGregor because he made it possible for there to a chance for people to lose their collective poo poo over a terrible Reebok shirt that nobody was even going to buy in the first place.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

david carmichael posted:

so like are you going to stop buying cfl jerseys or what

poo poo i don't buy anything of theirs i think. I had to buy some shorts and amazon suggested reebok shorts, my first reaction was "eww lol no." Thats my reebok story, thank you thread.

-Atom- posted:

People hated Conor McGregor because they felt like the UFC was giving him preferential treatment when it comes to match making.

Not me, I hate McGregor because he made it possible for there to a chance for people to lose their collective poo poo over a terrible Reebok shirt that nobody was even going to buy in the first place.

Truly a breakout mainstream crossover star.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

LobsterMobster posted:

Duffy vs Poirier off due to injury

Smolka/Holohan is the new main event

:lol:

The only people I recognize on this card is Madadi and Elkins.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Droopy Goines posted:

The only people I recognize on this card is Madadi and Elkins.

Pendred and neil seery? I kind of like neil seery but i won't watch a card for him.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i recognize neil seery's name, but if you showed me a picture of neil seery missing maybe the top 1/6th of his head i would probably think that's just how he looks

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
It is a dumb shirt nobody would have bought anyways but the reason McGregor's coach in particular got angry was because of the tagline that said "show your territorial allegiance." It's only been seventeen years since the Good Friday Agreement and the ceasefire between the IRA and the British and there's been occasional terrorist acts since then, so like, it seems reasonable to be against anything particularly divisive.

Also I'm pretty sure most people in Northern Ireland consider themselves to be Irish, so it's just dumb to only show the Republic of Ireland and not the whole island.

Anyways, congratulations to Smolka and Paddy Hollohan for being the first non-title bout main event flyweight fight.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

afatwhiteloaf posted:

It is a dumb shirt nobody would have bought anyways but the reason McGregor's coach in particular got angry was because of the tagline that said "show your territorial allegiance." It's only been seventeen years since the Good Friday Agreement and the ceasefire between the IRA and the British and there's been occasional terrorist acts since then, so like, it seems reasonable to be against anything particularly divisive.

Also I'm pretty sure most people in Northern Ireland consider themselves to be Irish, so it's just dumb to only show the Republic of Ireland and not the whole island.

Anyways, congratulations to Smolka and Paddy Hollohan for being the first non-title bout main event flyweight fight.

His GF is also from Belfast.

Neil Seery the dockworker is the best. Smolka looked awesome in his fight against him and the Holohan fight will be cool but Da Last Samurai is loving stupid name.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

david carmichael posted:

i recognize neil seery's name, but if you showed me a picture of neil seery missing maybe the top 1/6th of his head i would probably think that's just how he looks

He looks like someones dad who works in a warehouse or something.

Also if you don't know who Louis "Superkick" Smolka is, you need to go watch his highlights.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

He looks like someones dad who works in a warehouse or something.

He looks like that because he actually does work in a warehouse.

quote:

Q: Do you have any heroes?
A: No

Q: Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
A: No

Q: What was your job before you started fighting?
A: Warehouse worker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

UFC just added this fight to UFC 195. A year or so ago I would have picked Magny to win but these days I think Thompson is coming into his own and will gently caress up Magny. too early to call UFC 195 the card of the year 2016???

• Locked thread