Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Nipponophile posted:

It's almost like grouping up with people and playing social content together is fun! Now, if only a couple hundred thousand other people could come to this realization maybe this could be an MMO again.

Blasphemy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I still haven't been able to play since the update due to continual patching.

re: Jedi Knight combat, in summation it suffers from the same problems that its storyline does; all flash and bombast, all the time, with none of the quiet moments that would allow us to actually appreciate the big ones.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

LegionAreI posted:

It's still pretty long, but you're talking about Arcann right? If you hit the power junctions around the room and pull him close (and stand near him), when he does his AOE lightning attack he'll hit the open power junction and stun himself for a little while. There's like 4 of them around the edges of the platform, and I believe they can be reused after a little while (without breaking them again) if you need.

That's what I was missing. Thank you!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
He finally found a way to become 0.00005% more efficient.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've found I'm not getting quest rewards consistently and the contacts at the base aren't recognizing I have (by now a crapton) of materials to give them. Oh well, maybe it'll get fixed in the patch? Otherwise this expansion has been the bee's knees. It's a shame the game hasn't been like this from day one.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Berke Negri posted:

There's a new terminal next to the cantina on fleet that has every daily Heroic for every planet you've unlocked for selection. At this rate you can probably do 20 heroics a day and not revisit the same planet every three days or so.

:iia:

Seriously, I love this patch. I just hope the nerf bat doesn't come down too hard on datacron Mastery, Presence and scaling in general.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Oedzi is going to hate this question but is it possible to solo the heroics

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Haven't they all been reduced to 2+? If so, I'd think it's possible if you just set your really-juiced-up companion to DPS.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Been doing it without a companion out.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I solo'd 3 base guards (Tank Shadow w/ Lana w/ enough Presence to have 90k health) earlier to see if it was possible and it was. If that can be done any Heroics should be cake.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah every one I've tried I've solo'd easy. The first one that was "assigned" to me by the base guys was ironically "Lights Out" on Belsavis, the first heroic I ever regularly solod.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

sassassin posted:

I still haven't been able to play since the update due to continual patching.

I'd say just bite the bullet and disable BitRaider. Redownloading the whole game is a small price to pay for not having problems every drat patch.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

sassassin posted:

Cool-looking Guardian moves:

Basic attack (obsolete)
Flurry (obsolete)
That aoe spin-kick/twirl (obsolete? idk Force Sweep is better but has cooldown)
Warding Strikes is decent
Passively blocking blasters with a lightsaber (only seems to happen a lot if I'm overlevelled)

Ugly "I don't remember this from the movies" moves:

Guardian Slash (big dumb chop shockwave thing)
That single target shockwave
Force Sweep
Riposte (why is a defence buff strike a massively over-reaching lunge?)

I can go either way on the interrupt kick.

The one move that's like a golf swing is my favorite, especially if it finishes off the enemy.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
If heroics really can be soloed (even easier so with a roided-up companion), then I think I just found my favorite way to level.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The belsalvis heroic still needs minimum two right?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Ainsley McTree posted:

Most have been fine and easy, some easier than before.

Though there were some on Makeb that were gently caress off tedious and basically had to be done with a healer because there would be like two golds, three silvers, and a boss for one fight. Im guessing those were old 4+ that still haven't quite been tweaked right.

All the old 2+s are definitely fine though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can you romance Senya? I want to make a male character to be Arcann's step dad.

(I don't know when the thing I'm talking about gets revealed. Just to be safe, don't look unless done all 9 chapters.)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Aphrodite posted:

Can you romance Senya? I want to make a male character to be Arcann's step dad.

(I don't know when the thing I'm talking about gets revealed. Just to be safe, don't look unless done all 9 chapters.)

No. You can flirt with her once, but she doesn't seem to notice it's flirtation.

Kinger
Sep 30, 2003

I'm sick of my head doing things.

StashAugustine posted:

The belsalvis heroic still needs minimum two right?

The one in Section X? The champion fight at the end is a total pain in the rear end, but it's absolutely soloable. And you don't need multiple people to click any more.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

If heroics really can be soloed (even easier so with a roided-up companion), then I think I just found my favorite way to level.

The quests for them are weekly now, though. Obviously there's a lot between all the planets, but with the ability to instantly travel to them, you'd probably still end up clearing through them pretty fast.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Luckily, currently, I think it's impossible to die if you have a comp set to healer. It can take a long while but they basically never stop dropping heals on you and themselves.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
When does the 6x xp kick in? I started a new guy to try out Consular and the purple quests are gaining me next to nothing.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I stopped doing Heroics not long after launch so I'm curious to go back and see what I've been missing.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Edit: disregard!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

Luckily, currently, I think it's impossible to die if you have a comp set to healer. It can take a long while but they basically never stop dropping heals on you and themselves.

I discovered that--with a class that's either pure DPS or specced to DPS, you can do fairly good damage and just never, ever have your health drop below 80%.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Eimi posted:

The romance triggers from the talk in the cantina as you all are relaxing. You have the option to [flirt]talk to someone alone. For me this just pulled away Lana since she'd been the only one I'd flirted with, and I had the option to lock in her romance at that point. I guess if you'd flirted with multiple people you'd have to choose at that point.

When I did it Koth stormed off because I guess I'd made him mad, Theron stayed and I could have talked to him, but Lana was the only further [Flirt] option.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I'm kinda regretting rushing to get Galactic Hero done before 4.0 since heroics are so easy to get to now. :D

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I really like playing republic but no one plays it :(

I been having fun on my knight and smuggler.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Goons like to play bad guys.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Cyron posted:

I really like playing republic but no one plays it :(

I been having fun on my knight and smuggler.

There were a lot of people on Republic side in the days before the expansion -- I think everyone is just focusing on Imperial side now for the new content and changes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

No, that's not true at all. Most of us are on the Imperial side.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

When we Force Shock a helpless Imperial, we're really Force Shocking Jimmy Finkelstein from 3rd grade when he took our lunch money.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

Did you write this yourself or dictate it to your slave?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

If you think about it, the empire is actually the good side in this story, if you ignore the part about slavery and how it's ruled by a council of evil wizards

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you think about it, the empire is actually the good side in this story, if you ignore the part about slavery and how it's ruled by a council of evil wizards

Space-:911:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Though really, look at Makeb. Who was the hero of that storyline?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

The Republic is a lovely, corrupt government being propped up by its Force users; the Empire is an efficient government that is being dragged down and held back by its Force users.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The Imperial Agent in all things. :ninja: :ese:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Dr. Oggurobb Hutt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Doctor [flirt]

Alter Ego posted:

Dr. Oggurobb Hutt.

He speaks English, he's one of the good ones

• Locked thread