Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
Do we have any idea yet of when the servers will be going up with new content tomorrow?

Edit: Apparently it's 12:01am Pacific (-7 UTC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If they're removing most dungeon rewards, have they said how they are going to handle the gifts for legendary weapons?

VoodooChild
Feb 2, 2003

Watering can... Where are you Mr.Watering can?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If they're removing most dungeon rewards, have they said how they are going to handle the gifts for legendary weapons?

The quantity of tokens rewarded for completing dungeon paths isn't changing, only the 'liquid rewards', i.e. less gold.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Mormon Star Wars posted:

How in the world do you buy gems or expansions if you are an American overseas? Arenanet's check out system won't let me select "United States" for credit card / paypal even though my bank is in my hometown in the US. :argh:

Contact the community service guys and tell them what's up. That's what i had to do when i was deployed. Took them about a day to get around to implementing a temporary 24-hour authorization on my card.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Digital Jedi posted:

Finally I have something someone wishes they had! It's how I feel whenever people post anything here.

You give me that hat. Hand it over right now or my Charr buddy will find creative uses for his horns.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Here's a funny thread if you are in need of a smile today

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ps2zo/everyone_thats_preparing_for_release_please/

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
They never mentioned how to breathe. Not a great informational post, 2/10

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

quote:

ALSO, USE THE BATHROOM! SERIOUSLY, GO TAKE A LEAK EVERY HOUR OR SO. DON'T HOLD IT IN!

loving casuals, drat.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

bookmarked for future reference

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have a couple of questions; is the personal story in any way continued in HoT? I've completed it on my main but I dread doing it on my alts.. which brings me to my second question. I created a thief in anticipation of the Daredevil specialization but I'm struggling to do stuff solo, as I feel about as sturdy as wet paper. What's a good compromise between survivability and damage? I never really got into the itemization in this game so I just went with the usual advice of "everything Berserker every time", but as soon as I encounter more than 2 mobs at a time I'm struggling to stay alive (which makes the personal story even more fun). I would try experimenting, but I don't really have the funds :(

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

A couple of years ago there was a Blizzcon thread in the WoW-subforum, explaining the benefits of showering and using soap.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I have a couple of questions; is the personal story in any way continued in HoT? I've completed it on my main but I dread doing it on my alts.. which brings me to my second question. I created a thief in anticipation of the Daredevil specialization but I'm struggling to do stuff solo, as I feel about as sturdy as wet paper. What's a good compromise between survivability and damage? I never really got into the itemization in this game so I just went with the usual advice of "everything Berserker every time", but as soon as I encounter more than 2 mobs at a time I'm struggling to stay alive (which makes the personal story even more fun). I would try experimenting, but I don't really have the funds :(

If you're 80 I'd go for S/P. I'm too lazy to help you more than that though so just pretend I'm seconding whichever autist is willing to copy and paste a giant guide here because its otherwise good advice.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is this a midnight release or 10 am PST like their patches?

If 10 am, that gives me 10 hours of Vermintide, 30 seconds to kill myself and then my sweet ghost can play HoT.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

midnight PST morning CET

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Your Computer posted:

somebody asked about thieves the other day so here is a link to the relevant posts http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745583&pagenumber=29&perpage=40#post451693703

and like nilgoow said s/p is a solid choice for survivability while you learn the class. pistolwhippistolwhippistolwhip

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

somebody asked about thieves the other day so here is a link to the relevant posts http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...0#post451693703

and like nilgoow said s/p is a solid choice for survivability while you learn the class. pistolwhippistolwhippistolwhip

Thanks! As for S/P, I just hate the moveset (aside from pistol whip) but spamming a single attack over and over gets boring after a while :v: Dagger is much more fun with Shadow Shot as a gap-closer, but either way I'm going to start using a staff ASAP because of the cleave. Monk-style characters have always been my favorite so when thief+staff was confirmed I knew my new main.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Daggerstorm elite + Signet of Malice passive = massive healing when fighting groups, a good panic button if you're getting overwhelmed. Pmuch your default strategy is to kill things one at a time while dodging attacks (you have to dodge things, because as you've discovered, you're not sturdy). If you're in D/D, Cloak & Dagger into Backstab into Heartseeker kills things pretty well. Keep shortbow on swap for kiting, the 3 skill is a dodge + cripple and the auto attack bounces between enemies for murder on the move.

I wouldn't swap out of Zerker; if you utilize the wealth of dodges you have at your disposal you should be able to disengage & survive easily enough. Withdraw is a low cooldown heal + evade if you don't use the Malice signet (the Invigorating Precision trait is a good alternative), Infiltration signet restores all your endurance, sb & d/d 3 are both evades.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

^^ signet of agility, not infiltrator's, but infiltrator's is a fantastic gapcloser if you find yourself missing shadow shot too much. ^^

hahaha don't get me wrong I am not a fan of s/p outside of soloing painful mob groups, but there are a lot of goons who do like it. if you haven't tried dagger/dagger that one's a lot of fun, since you're constantly on the move to stay flanking and out of harm's way.

thief staff has been my dream for literally years (it's in my post history! :lol: ) but I was kind of disappointed with daredevil. hopefully that changes, I'd like to run around doing sick ninja flips with my raven staff buddy

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 22, 2015

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
^^
rip my fragile memory

Your Computer posted:

I'm going to start using a staff ASAP because of the cleave.

Dagger cleaves though?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
You don't have to spam pistol whip, sitting on black powder ups your survivability a whole bunch.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Generic Octopus posted:

Dagger cleaves though?

Well yeah... two enemies.. on the autoattack only. It has to be the least AoE-y weapon I've tried.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

thief staff has been my dream for literally years (it's in my post history! :lol: ) but I was kind of disappointed with daredevil. hopefully that changes, I'd like to run around doing sick ninja flips with my raven staff buddy

But the glorious AoE and fancy flips! How can one be disappointed? Also, wouldn't it be cruel to hit dudes with your ravenbuddy? Not that I'm an expert, considering that

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Your Computer posted:

But the glorious AoE and fancy flips! How can one be disappointed? Also, wouldn't it be cruel to hit dudes with your ravenbuddy? Not that I'm an expert, considering that

lmao the name display makes it look like the beginning of an angry online editorial.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
I'm Not A Bird, And Why That's A Good Thing

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

It's already Friday the 23rd here and the expansion is out, turns out the whole thing was just a plot to remove thieves and asura from the game

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's already Friday the 23rd here and the expansion is out, turns out the whole thing was just a plot to remove thieves and asura from the game

Well at least half of the features were good then.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Your Computer posted:

Thanks! As for S/P, I just hate the moveset (aside from pistol whip) but spamming a single attack over and over gets boring after a while :v: Dagger is much more fun with Shadow Shot as a gap-closer, but either way I'm going to start using a staff ASAP because of the cleave. Monk-style characters have always been my favorite so when thief+staff was confirmed I knew my new main.

You can't unlock Daredevil (and thus use the staff) until everything else is unlocked, so you pretty much have to be level 80.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Tomorrow is going to be agony at the office, and I don't have my resistance gear set up. :aaaaa:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

OzFactor posted:

You can't unlock Daredevil (and thus use the staff) until everything else is unlocked, so you pretty much have to be level 80.

I probably should have mentioned that yes, I am 80 :downs:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Attestant posted:

Tomorrow is going to be agony at the office, and I don't have my resistance gear set up. :aaaaa:

I forgot to delete the alt on my 75% off EU account with the name I reserved for my salad rev before I went out today, now I can't use it til after the first day of HoT cause I have worked tomorrow first

god drat it

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Your Computer posted:

I probably should have mentioned that yes, I am 80 :downs:

Okay good! I just didn't want you to log in tomorrow and sigh heavily.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
When people say "Friday midnight," they mean like 4-10 hours from now, and not 24+ hours from now, yes?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Kajeesus posted:

When people say "Friday midnight," they mean like 4-10 hours from now, and not 24+ hours from now, yes?

I believe it is around ~11 hours from now.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Everybody please take care of your health and try not to die of video games when HoT releases :ohdear:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Harrow posted:

Everybody please take care of your health and try not to die of video games when HoT releases :ohdear: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ps2zo/everyone_thats_preparing_for_release_please/

I hate MMO players

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

LiftAuff posted:

I believe it is around ~11 hours from now.

depends on the timezone

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

ItBurns posted:

depends on the timezone

No, it doesn't.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Maybe in yours it doesn't buddy.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

more like mindzone

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lol timezones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I hate MMO players

Don't feel excluded just because you're trapped by your obesity. Try doing some arm circles or lifting a bucket of nacho cheese.

• Locked thread