Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You gotta be able to drop someone different than a guy averaging 5 catches, 80 yards and a TD over his last 4 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
PPR league and I was just offered TY Hilton for Doug Martin or Todd Gurley. Are either of these worth it?

E: I also have Eddy Lacy and Mark Ingram on my team already.

Pops Mgee fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 22, 2015

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Pops Mgee posted:

PPR league and I was just offered TY Hilton for Doug Martin or Todd Gurley. Are either of these worth it?

Hilton will probably be better going forward, but no way he is worth either of them straight up without him throwing something else in the sweeten the pot.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

manwithoutskin posted:

Full PPR

Considering all the hype around Stefon Diggs - should I drop Hurns considering his schedule (Bills'London', Bye, Jets), and pick up Diggs to see whats up? If he doesn't live up I'm fairly certain I could get Hurns back.

Currently starting Decker/Mike Evans/Martavis Bryant this week so either guy would probably be bench.

Thoughts?

Seriously, even if you're overly negative, Hurns is averaging low-end WR2 numbers. Dropping him for some guy who has had two good games is ridiculous. Jacksonville's schedule is irrelevant - in fact, the worse it is the more value the receivers have. Bortles is not a good quarterback, his receivers are only viable when he is throwing 50-60 times per game. You won't get Hurns back if you aren't playing with idiots.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Spoeank posted:

How many years in a row does CMike have to be a garbage man player before we give up on him

I mean, he's only been in the league 2 1/2 seasons, as a backup to one of the top RBs for two of them. I don't think it's safe to say either way.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Amergin posted:

Last year Knile Davis was putting up borderline RB1 numbers in JC's absence.

This year, not so much. :negative:

What's that have to do with the Chrcandick hype train? Knile Davis train sure.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

dphi posted:

I mean, he's only been in the league 2 1/2 seasons, as a backup to one of the top RBs for two of them. I don't think it's safe to say either way.

Well actually, he was a backup to his backup, and that backup wasn't even a good backup. :psyduck:

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Spoeank posted:

How many years in a row does CMike have to be a garbage man player before we give up on him

With CMike I have to see it before I'll believe it. He is fine to have on your bench in case he supplants Randle but he should be dropped without hesitation if you need to cover for the bye weeks of players who have actually scored fantasy points this year or need room to pick up an actual breakout player.

I am starting Randle this week in my flex over Kendall Wright because just like with CMike, I will believe Randle is not the #1 back when I see it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Pops Mgee posted:

E: I also have Eddy Lacy and Mark Ingram on my team already.

Nope, Gurley is better than Lacy at this point.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

dphi posted:

He was the backup to the backup

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Franks Happy Place posted:

My impression is that the Cowboys are looking for a back who will get them at least two or three yards each carry no matter what, so that they're positioned at 3rd and 4 (or whatever), instead of having Randle trying to hit home runs all of the time and often getting one yard or less.

"If you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards."

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Spoeank posted:

He was the backup to the backup

From the way my Seahawk-fan friends talked about it, Turbin was 2nd on the depth chart but it'd be RBBC if Lynch went down (like the Asiata/McKinnon situation.) I didn't pay attention to it much since I didn't own Lynch the past two years but that was my understanding - I could definitely be wrong.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

LmaoTheKid posted:

Nope, Gurley is better than Lacy at this point.

I'm also pretty thin at wodeout though. Other than A.J Green and Amari Cooper, my wideouts are Golden Tate, Sammy Watkins, and Davante Adams. League is set up with 3 wr spots 2 rb and no flex. I feel like Martin won't come close to that ridiculous performance he had the other week.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Pops Mgee posted:

I'm also pretty thin at wodeout though. Other than A.J Green and Amari Cooper, my wideouts are Golden Tate, Sammy Watkins, and Davante Adams. League is set up with 3 wr spots 2 rb and no flex. I feel like Martin won't come close to that ridiculous performance he had the other week.

Whatever you do, don't trade Gurley, I'll leave the rest up to you. the kid is for real.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Asked this earlier but it got missed - going forward and in weeks 15 - 17 especially, would you rather have:

Eli and Demaryius

Or

Luck and Maclin

I have Julio, Allen Robinson and John Brown too so can afford to downgrade WR slightly. Eli and Demaryius have been good but Demaryius has Peyton throwing to him who is bad now and always gets worse as it gets colder. Luck and Maclin have better playoff schedules. But is it worth it?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Considering he has sat behind lynch, and never started a game, then one game should tell us a lot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Career third stringer traded for nothing, hangs out on practice squad, thrust into another backup role/RBBC due to injury.

Blow all your FAAB!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I just traded CJ Anderson for Eli Manning. I think I won this trade!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Career third stringer traded for nothing, hangs out on practice squad, thrust into another backup role/RBBC due to injury.

Blow all your FAAB!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5rz1cft5w

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

dphi posted:

From the way my Seahawk-fan friends talked about it, Turbin was 2nd on the depth chart but it'd be RBBC if Lynch went down (like the Asiata/McKinnon situation.) I didn't pay attention to it much since I didn't own Lynch the past two years but that was my understanding - I could definitely be wrong.

That was the early thinking but when Lynch missed time, Turbin handled the workload

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
How many points is Cassel going to score this week?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

How many points is Cassel going to score this week?

Giants d is not good. Neither is Matt Cassel

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Matt Cassel has me seein' double!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Oh I don't plan to start him. On my 29 man roster I would like to hold EJ, Cassel, or Cousins, preference for the best of the lost, so my opponent will have no good qb options.

I'm heartless.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

Oh I don't plan to start him. On my 29 man roster I would like to hold EJ, Cassel, or Cousins, preference for the best of the lost, so my opponent will have no good qb options.

I'm heartless.

It looks like Tyrod is playing? So EJ would be the one to drop I guess.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BigFactory posted:

It looks like Tyrod is playing? So EJ would be the one to drop I guess.

Rex Ryan said Tyrod Taylor (knee) and Sammy Watkins (ankle) will not play Week 7 against the Jaguars.
Advice: E.J. Manuel will start at quarterback with Robert Woods and Chris Hogan as his primary receivers. Ryan said Taylor felt soreness in his knee after ramping up activity at practice Wednesday. With a bye week to rest, Taylor has a good shot to play Week 9 against the Dolphins.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

Rex Ryan said Tyrod Taylor (knee) and Sammy Watkins (ankle) will not play Week 7 against the Jaguars.
Advice: E.J. Manuel will start at quarterback with Robert Woods and Chris Hogan as his primary receivers. Ryan said Taylor felt soreness in his knee after ramping up activity at practice Wednesday. With a bye week to rest, Taylor has a good shot to play Week 9 against the Dolphins.

Really putting on a show in London there, NFL.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Marshmallow Blue posted:

What's that have to do with the Chrcandick hype train? Knile Davis train sure.

Coaches seemed to favor West over Davis the past few weeks and Davis hasn't looked as good with his (limited) touches in JC's absence.

So last year Davis truly became the One Great Handcuff who would still give you near RB1 output and had RB1 opportunities/touches. Folks thought that was the same going into this year. A few weeks in and the coaches are raving over West, putting West ahead of Davis on unofficial depth charts, etc.

In the few games JC's been gone, West has been getting more touches and better YPC (3.9 versus a dismal 2.5), but it's essentially turned into an RBBC until one of them does something decent and takes the job. Now that Maclin's gone for a bit, the only weapons out there are Kelce and... a bunch of young bucks in Conley and Wilson for WR and West and Davis for RB. And with Alex Smith at the helm the idea is the WR upside is limited.

I mean at this point the only highlights IMHO on that team are Kelce and some IDP folks (Marcus Peters :allears:).

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Started this season with 3 NFL starting quarterbacks in a 16 team league, none of them shared a bye. Week 7: I no longer have a quarterback. Top waiver option is like Chase Daniel.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Ok so here's a trade question. A team that I really want to win this week to take out a team ahead of me has McManus on bye. I'd trade him Josh Brown for McManus, but then I'd be out a kicker. So I'd want to do a 2 for 1, but I can't justify trading 2 guys for a kicker, can I?

This is starting to get crazy but here's one option:

C. West and J. Brown for McManus.

OR J. Randle, S. Diggs and J. Brown for McManus and D Martin.

This is all too stupid to think about right?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

BigFactory posted:

Ok so here's a trade question. A team that I really want to win this week to take out a team ahead of me has McManus on bye. I'd trade him Josh Brown for McManus, but then I'd be out a kicker. So I'd want to do a 2 for 1, but I can't justify trading 2 guys for a kicker, can I?

You're better off praying he wins without a kicker tbh.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 22, 2015

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Flipped John Brown and Stefon Diggs for Lamar Miller. :feelsgood:

My RBs are now Miller, Shady, Hillman/Anderson, and my WRs are AB, TY, Martavis, Dez. You'd think one combination of those would have to work out okay.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

VietCampo posted:

You're better off praying he wins without a kicker tbh.

I'd love to help him this week but hurt him long term.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BigFactory posted:

I'd love to help him this week but hurt him long term.

Making a trade that is disadvantageous to yourself specifically to help another team is the definition of collusion.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Making a trade that is disadvantageous to yourself specifically to help another team is the definition of collusion.

But it wouldn't be disadvantageous to him if it helps him get better playoff seeding! It would be no different than trading for players on bye this week or for lesser players with better playoff match ups or whatever: hurt your team this week to improve it later.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Every trade I've made this year has been disadvantageous almost immediately. See: freeman for hill week 2.

But 1) no, that's not what collusion is. And 2) that's not what I'm even talking about. Read my post again maybe.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 23, 2015

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Anyone hedging their bets on Landry Jones having an amazing full-game debut with Pittsburgh?

I'm leaning toward Kaepernick tonight...but the thought of going with Landry Jones is there.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

BigFactory posted:

The second option gives you more of a smokescreen

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

But it wouldn't be disadvantageous to him if it helps him get better playoff seeding! It would be no different than trading for players on bye this week or for lesser players with better playoff match ups or whatever: hurt your team this week to improve it later.

BigFactory posted:

Every trade I've made this year has been disadvantageous almost immediately. See: freeman for hill week 2.

But 1) no, that's not what collusion is. And 2) that's not what I'm even talking about. Read my post again maybe.

ESPN defines collusion:

ESPN posted:

B: Collusive transactions

Collusion occurs when one team makes moves to benefit another team, without trying to improve its own position. One-sided trades are an obvious example of this. Another example is when a player drop is made so another team can pick up that player. Teams found in violation of this policy will be cancelled and their owners prohibited from participating in future ESPN Fantasy Games.

If you trade with another team intending to benefit that team without trying to improve your own position, that's collusion.

NFL.com is even more specific:

NFL.com posted:

Collusion and Illegal Roster Moves

Throughout the season, owners have the opportunity through the draft, free agency and trades, to acquire players to their roster. In most scenarios, these transactions are completed with relative fairness to all owners. In some cases, however, there are owners who transgress the fair play guidelines of the game. Regardless of intention, these unfair league actions are prohibited.

Some examples: colluding with other owners for the benefit of certain teams over others is strictly prohibited, as is the mass “Dropping” of a team’s players. Dumping your team’s roster because you have given up on the season is not permissible and is grounds for removal from ownership of your team. You also may not add and then immediately drop any number of free agents, thus putting those recently dropped players on waivers and making them inaccessible to other owners.

You can't make a transaction intended to benefit one other team (the one you want to win that matchup) over a second other team (the one you want to lose that matchup).

This article basically describes the scenario being discussed:

fantasysportshero.com posted:

Types of Fantasy Football Collusion

There are several types of collusion that can happen in fantasy football. As stated above, this happens when two teams who are supposed to be opponents and rivals combine their efforts or conspire to affect the outcome of a game or the season in some way. Collusion might occur to help one team win and secure a spot in the playoffs. Collusion might occur when team stacking or "farming" happens. Collusion might occur to try to change the rules or undermine one team's chances of winning.

I understand this isn't the most common form of collusion - where you directly help another team out, perhaps because the team owner is your friend or your boss - in order to help that team win. Instead, you're helping another team win in order to beat someone leading in the division, which you hope will improve your own chances of making the playoffs. It's still collusion, though. The default assumption in fantasy football is that every trade you make is intended to improve your own team, so that you will win more games. Helping a second party to beat a third party isn't allowed, even if that third party is a divisional or league rival.

For the record, this is the only objectionable part:

BigFactory posted:

A team that I really want to win this week to take out a team ahead of me has McManus on bye.

If you make a trade with the intention of grabbing a good kicker, fine; your trade decisions should be focused on that. Deliberately trying to benefit the other party in order to beat the team ahead of you isn't kosher, though.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The trade would absolutely be improving my team long term. All that other stuff is foolish.

• Locked thread