Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Drythe posted:

lmao the loading screens say when you see a loot rat ignore the plight of your teammates and charge it headon for it's glorious loot

I am guilty of this. D-does this mean the worst pubbie was inside me this entire time? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I am guilty of this. D-does this mean the worst pubbie was inside me this entire time? :ohdear:

Look deep in your heart. There is a little pubbie in all of us.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Which CTS channel are folks in?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Elendil004 posted:

Which CTS channel are folks in?

The Vermintide one..?

:v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm really glad they said 'gently caress it' and gave the Hunter 48 loaded pistols like some kind of early modern Matrix lobby scene.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Safety Factor posted:

The Vermintide one..?

:v:

oh I was looking under Warhammer, and under misc, my bad. CTS can be a pain sometimes.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Night10194 posted:

I'm really glad they said 'gently caress it' and gave the Hunter 48 loaded pistols like some kind of early modern Matrix lobby scene.

63 pistols if you get the +30% ammo capacity!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Small bug:
If you are in the forge while looking for a game and then connect, your cursor will persist and be a REAL bitch if you have multiple monitors.

I had to drop a game because I could only turn left :zoolander:

A game I played today was obviously a group if friends that were LARPers. They were actually pretty good at playing their rolls and I, the Dwarf, just kept shouting in a Scottish accent and pointing out every obvious detail. "THIS LADDER GOES UP. THE SWORD GOES *IN* THE RAT. DRINK THE BOTTLE TO HEAL YOUR STUPID FACE."

GOOD TIMES.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Drythe posted:

lmao the loading screens say when you see a loot rat ignore the plight of your teammates and charge it headon for it's glorious loot

A single loot rat is more dangerous than multiple packmasters :negative:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'd take silly pubbies having fun roleplaying or whatever if they all stick together and fight the rats well.

The loot rat is much more dangerous when he is in cahoots WITH multiple packmasters.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
gently caress the elf, etc
but daggers aren't that bad, you just have to be decent with the dodge and quick blocking. Stick and move. Really good for stormvermin and getting stuff that gets through your shieldbros during a horde. Helps that my daggers have 10% chance to heal and like 40% chance for push to not cost stamina.

Like everything save the swiftbow and hagbow just :gitgud:

gently caress the elf

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Looking at grabbing this game tonight, quick question
Are the classes balanced?
Like if I want to be Dwarf fighter am I less useful then say the bright wizard?
Thanks

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Inzombiac posted:

Small bug:
If you are in the forge while looking for a game and then connect, your cursor will persist and be a REAL bitch if you have multiple monitors.

I had to drop a game because I could only turn left :zoolander:

GOOD TIMES.

As annoying as that was, I got out of that somehow. I think I just went into the menu or something.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Well, I got a blue conflagration staff with healing and a blue sword with healing and venting traits so it looks like I'm maining bright wizard. I think my favorite class is the witch hunter though because stabbing rats in the face with a rapier never gets old. Crossbow is pretty decent too but I might switch back to pistols if I ever get pistols with extra ammo or rapier with scavenge.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I really hated the elf until I started playing her more. She's really good at dealing with certain specials. You just have to remember you have gently caress all for AOE damage for the most part. You also have to be decent at aiming both with the bow and your swords/daggers.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Elf AOE is pretty good actually.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Looking at grabbing this game tonight, quick question
Are the classes balanced?
Like if I want to be Dwarf fighter am I less useful then say the bright wizard?
Thanks

Yeah, basically everyone is good, they're just all good at different things. Everyone will kill infinite rats.

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork

Stanley Pain posted:

I really hated the elf until I started playing her more. She's really good at dealing with certain specials. You just have to remember you have gently caress all for AOE damage for the most part. You also have to be decent at aiming both with the bow and your swords/daggers.

The elf is most useful with a bow that includes Armor Penetration and/or Trueshot. Taking out special mobs is much easier with those 2 in combination.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
My first Hard mode run, Supply & Demand. Everything is going smooth as butter, everyone is working as a team real good. We have all three tomes and get to the very end. We agree before going in, two by two, two carriers and two guards cool. Works perfectly, we get the first two sacks of grain up to the cart no problem.

Then on the second set of grain the elf and dwarf deviate from the loving plan and gently caress off without us, causing each separated group to get murdered independently with 4/5 grain loaded. :shepicide:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The loot rat should have a chance to give a blue or orange item on the killing blow. Just to hit home the "abandon your team!" Angle.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I wouldn't mind it having a guaranteed loot die at the very least

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Speaking of Loot Rats, has anyone ever seen them actually escape? Normally the loot rats I see scamper along at a slow pace, and eventually get stuck walking in place somehow. If you leave them alive long enough, do they just vanish?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Astus posted:

Speaking of Loot Rats, has anyone ever seen them actually escape? Normally the loot rats I see scamper along at a slow pace, and eventually get stuck walking in place somehow. If you leave them alive long enough, do they just vanish?

They will. I don't think they have to escape the map, but rather they just despawn if if you let them get far enough away from the group.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Yeah I had one escape in the sewers cause I was the only one flinging at it and I kept hitting the bag

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The fact that only like 50% of chests ever have anything in them is extremely distressing.

TacMan
Aug 8, 2002

Vert used Hyperbeam,
It's super effective!

:steam: El Mole :steam:

Night10194 posted:

The fact that only like 50% of chests ever have anything in them is extremely distressing.

I'm sure the reason is to keep you looking around the map for cursed dies, health kits, and the like. Stops people from just speeding through the map, in theory. I'd suggest not spawning the chests at all, but then people wouldn't figure out where to look for them in the first place.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I'm finding the Arming Sword for Kruber surprisingly effective. Swings fast and has a very wide and predictable arc to it. Juggling a Gutter Runner to death with rapid charge slashes is a good feel.

I'm pretty bad at sword and board on the other hand. The shield kinda fucks up my peripheral vision.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
So what actually happens during the end times? Are the Skaven only overrunning Ubersreik, or all of the Empire? All of the world, I mean, is the entire End Times just based in the fact that the Skaven finally started working together?

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Trier posted:

So what actually happens during the end times? Are the Skaven only overrunning Ubersreik, or all of the Empire? All of the world, I mean, is the entire End Times just based in the fact that the Skaven finally started working together?

Skaven and Chaos destroy everything to make room for fantasy reboot that is all space marine all the time.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Trier posted:

Everything dies and comes back as:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Trier posted:

The basic synopsis is that the entire planet, even the undead, are fighting Chaos. Skaven are effectively Chaos since their entire society is built on warpstone corruption, so they count as Chaos.

There is an absolutely titanic battle for about 2 years, and then the moon that you see in the sky over Ubersreik smashes into the planet and basically kills everyone except Sigmar, the patron god of the Empire. He builds everything back up into the Age of Sigmar, and then you've got fantasy flavored Space Marines with none of the crunchy mouth feel.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I like to imagine our heroes will prevent all that stupid bullshit. I'm sure it won't be the case due to GW holding creative control some, but I just imagine Kruber and company standing around bantering with a Celestial Wizard about 'Holy poo poo, we prevented THAT? gently caress yeah, high fives and beer all around!' and then walking off into the sunset.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It's really one of the few situations where fan canon cannot be worse than the official canon. Because as far as official canon goes, regardless of what we do in Ubersreik, it and the rest of the Empire are 100% hosed in 2 years. Horn of Magnus starts in 2523. The moon falls and kills everything in 2525.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 22, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Night10194 posted:

I like to imagine our heroes will prevent all that stupid bullshit. I'm sure it won't be the case due to GW holding creative control some, but I just imagine Kruber and company standing around bantering with a Celestial Wizard about 'Holy poo poo, we prevented THAT? gently caress yeah, high fives and beer all around!' and then walking off into the sunset.

Unless Fat Shark has something crazy planned I would assume that they aren't going to address the bigger implications of the End Times thing. At most we'll save the city and leave to fight more things in other places.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Grondoth posted:

Everything dies and comes back as:

"They have no mercy and they're relentless. And they're seeking revenge, relentlessly."

"In a world of superlatives, these perfect warriors are the most perfect."

"These perfect warriors are equally perfect, but they're also faster than others."

I honestly can't believe how bad this poo poo is.
Is there any difference between these chapters warhosts at all, other than the color scheme and the fact that two of them seem to be using swords instead of axes?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I wonder how much the Fatshark dev guy who has the big Bretonnian army and loves Bretonnia loves that GW had the Skaven kill that entire country off off screen.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Badly Jester posted:

I honestly can't believe how bad this poo poo is.
Is there any difference between these chapters warhosts at all, other than the color scheme and the fact that two of them seem to be using swords instead of axes?

What do you think? :allears:

(no, of course not, also those are warhammers and not axes but the art is bad)

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Night10194 posted:

I'd be OK with our band of heroes literally saving the world and getting a Game Only ending. Cause gently caress what happens, man.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
So, when they said they fixed the AI with this last patch, they must have taken out all the behaviors I used to exploit to go through solo Nightmare runs of Smuggler's Run. Now, I can barely get past the first gate before they charge headfirst into the rat swarm to die.

Maybe the bug was that bots were smart enough to survive Hard and above. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Kanos posted:

What do you think? :allears:

(no, of course not, also those are warhammers and not axes but the art is bad)

Well, I would've thought they'd want to create different armies to sell more models, but I guess not. I give up. GW's ineptitude has been thoroughly established in this thread alone.

As for the art, those totally look like (lovely) bearded axes to me, but I guess I should've expected Sigmar's Chosen to use hammers.

• Locked thread