Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
A presidency could be a lot worse than HRC spending 8 years trying to destroy the Republican party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

pathetic little tramp posted:

It lasted 11 hours and the last questioner of the night was covered in a layer of hideous sweat as he tried to trick Hillary (who still looked fresh as a daisy) into a gotcha question by raising his voice and talking over her. The optics were disastrous for the GOP, we'll have to see if the spin machine can muster any kind of win for them.

For real though, I gotta know what makeup she uses. I look like a half-melted wax sculpture after a 10 hour work day, I don't know how Hillary does it.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Boon posted:

Ask him when and then make a very large bet in front of everyone. Challenge his manhood and shame him if he refuses.

E: Cummings is so obviously experienced at this, it's almost breathtaking watching him negotiate, interject, and grand stand at all the right times. He does it so well.

Cummings seems to be the go-to pick for the Dems when they want someone on these committees. He was on the Lernergate committee as well and was getting good practice at showing off the majority leader of the committee's BS.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Youth Decay posted:

For real though, I gotta know what makeup she uses. I look like a half-melted wax sculpture after a 10 hour work day, I don't know how Hillary does it.

Right? She could have tucked her hair back and she looked exactly the same as when she walked in.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Now I'm really wondering if the (relative) ideological purity of Bernie Sanders is worth the trade off of not having such incredible fortitude in a President who I know hates modern Republicans even more than I do.

Also laughing at an accidental booty call joke owns.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Clinton is going to rip out throats and engorge herself on the dead and I am so. there.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm still team Bernie, but I am sure as hell saving some money for a general election donation to Hillary.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Now I'm really wondering if the (relative) ideological purity of Bernie Sanders is worth the trade off of not having such incredible fortitude in a President who I know hates modern Republicans even more than I do.

Also laughing at an accidental booty call joke owns.

"No honey, I wasn't banging Huma. And Bill was... well I learned to stop asking a long time ago."

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

greatn posted:

I'm still team Bernie, but I am sure as hell saving some money for a general election donation to Hillary.

Same.

I don't know how this could have gone worse for Republicans. So dumb going in knowing they didn't have poo poo and betting everything on their ability to shake her.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Youth Decay posted:

Doesn't she have a professional makeup team?

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"This isn't prosecution, it's a simple fact-finding mission about Benghazi"
*screams for 2 hours about boolean search terms*

Samurai Sanders posted:

Doesn't she have a professional makeup team?

I'm sure, but it's not like they had the time to do anything but touch-ups. I don't think they had the time to spend removing and redoing everything every time there was a break.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Hillary's kind of a bad motherfucker.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
For the 9th committee hearing she should demand they spend a full 36 hours. And just sit there hapyp as a clam the whole thing as the Republicans fall one by one in exhaustion and shame.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

greatn posted:

Hell, same

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

On Terra Firma posted:

There is no way anyone can claim that the truth is in the middle with this.

If people can still insist there was a stand down order issued after seven committees found nothing, they can find a way.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
@blakehounshell Gowdy draws a blank when asked what new information he learned today.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Literally every time I turn on Fox News Megyn Kelly is talking about that email Hillary sent to Chelsea.

That's Fox New's "What does it matter?"

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

For the 9th committee hearing she should demand they spend a full 36 hours. And just sit there hapyp as a clam the whole thing as the Republicans fall one by one in exhaustion and shame.

The political equivalent of drinking someone under the table.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I came to this conclusion about Hillary a while ago. Like I love Bernie and all, but having someone that genuinely hates republicans and sees them for the chuckle fucks they are from day one is better in my book.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
drat you new thread title, bringing back feelings that I thought were dead.

http://youtu.be/DQa1BsHpXlE

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
And here I am, thinking of Arthur Brown.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

I came to this conclusion about Hillary a while ago. Like I love Bernie and all, but having someone that genuinely hates republicans and sees them for the chuckle fucks they are from day one is better in my book.

If I could trust the Republicans to govern and compromise I would take Bernie every day but in the state we're in right now we need someone like Hilary

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

Westmoreland swaying and passing out as Hillary slams another empty shotglass on the pyramiad.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

moller posted:

And here I am, thinking of Arthur Brown.

YESSSSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I made a post about this some month's back, but Bernie is great to shift the convo, not as President IMO. This is because he makes logical arguments, based in fact, and loudly, but that's not enough.

Hillary is the presidential candidate because she also plays the game, and she does it better than anyone else.

I think the idea that it's ever not been like that are somewhat naive.

Boon fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 23, 2015

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

JT Jag posted:

Hell, same

I'm not donating to Hillary.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Oh, I never knew where the sample came from. Stupid electronic beep boop music I used to listen to.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

Westmoreland swaying and passing out as Hillary slams another empty shotglass on the pyramiad.

As his head hits the desk he mutters..... "next round".

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

A Winner is Jew posted:

She has always been pretty drat up front about that hasn't she? I mean she literally called them a "right-wing conspiracy." She doesn't give a poo poo oh wow it's going to be glorious. I just want to roll in it like a hot dog stink.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Nintendo Kid posted:

Trey Gowdy's clothes would be entirely drenched in sweat by the halfway point.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Never change, Matt. :allears:

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SedanChair posted:

She has always been pretty drat up front about that hasn't she? I mean she literally called them a "right-wing conspiracy." She doesn't give a poo poo oh wow it's going to be glorious. I just want to roll in it like a hot dog stink.

When the debate participants were asked who their enemies were, she literally said "republicans."

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

:fap: http://www.vox.com/2015/10/22/9600096/clinton-benghazi-hearing :fap:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

You made this up. This isn't real.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Isn't "hates Republicans the most" an equally or perhaps more dangerous form of ideological purity to "rejects big money interests"? How does her supposed hatred of Republicans make her more likely to get things done?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
At the 10th Benghazi committee meeting, President Hillary Clinton stays awake and chipper for 168 hours straight. All republicans subbed in in attendance collapse from fatigue.

The necessary votes for passing bills is conveniently lowered in both houses by sheer absentee rates and the Democrats pass sweeping reform packages.

The Republicans vow an 11th committee interrogation.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
https://twitter.com/andylevy/status/656872182316969984

Somebody start a change.org petition

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Keep in mind that if Biden were to suddenly die from overwhelming joy, Paul Ryan would be President.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Joementum posted:

11 hours and they got a minor coughing fit as ammo while looking like idiots. A fair trade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Joementum posted:

Looks like she's doing a line.

• Locked thread