Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Rollin means I'm a day one purchaser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If your first feud isn't New Day vs. Terminators + Whipreck, you're not living right

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok so 2k16 has create-a-sloth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Ea1TY01qA (skip to about 2:15ish)

Masks you put on even map to your deformity so that is a pretty big win in my book.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok so 2k16 has create-a-sloth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Ea1TY01qA (skip to about 2:15ish)

Masks you put on even map to your deformity so that is a pretty big win in my book.

Like it's hilarious that you can make lucha sloth but I'm genuinely impressed that they have masks that actually follow the facial features that well.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So for the facial scanning, can you use any jpg or whatever? Or do you need to use the Kinect/Playstation camera?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm still disappointed that there aren't 100% opaque full-face masks yet so my inevitable 2k16 Sonic is still gonna have to problem of having cartoon eyes over regular eyes but the ability to completely deform faces means that more cartoony characters are possible so really it's kind of a wash.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lady Naga posted:

I'm still disappointed that there aren't 100% opaque full-face masks yet so my inevitable 2k16 Sonic is still gonna have to problem of having cartoon eyes over regular eyes but the ability to completely deform faces means that more cartoony characters are possible so really it's kind of a wash.

Even more horrifying this way, and thus better.

KidneyKai
Nov 6, 2010

53 seconds into that first link is the greatest thing ever. They totally need to put in dramatic music as your wrestler goes for a finisher. Love it!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

1st AD posted:

Do they spend more on scanning certain people? Last year's models for The Rock, Triple H, etc looked great, but ones like Roman Reigns had a weird uncanny valley thing. And even worse was the Summer Rae one where she looks like a meth'd out 40 year old.

Go to 2K14 and look up that ... thing ... that's supposed to be Mick Foley.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcajxXjS78A

2K sure does have their penis stuck up the Christian/Orton feud's butt for some reason.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I love how the run ins for entrances are actual run-ins and not janky fixed animations. Rollins runs in and cena is still doing his entrance animations, good poo poo.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

89 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcajxXjS78A

2K sure does have their penis stuck up the Christian/Orton feud's butt for some reason.
Doesn't feel like there are that many latter-day Orton feuds to write home about (remember when they said on-air that THIS IS THE LAST TIME he was facing Cena at HiaC a few years ago?). Or maybe Yukes are just Edge & Christian marks

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Basic Chunnel posted:

Doesn't feel like there are that many latter-day Orton feuds to write home about (remember when they said on-air that THIS IS THE LAST TIME he was facing Cena at HiaC a few years ago?). Or maybe Yukes are just Edge & Christian marks

Maybe. Christian did have the most memorable storyline in recent memory with his time machine.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I wonder how responsive that personality slider suite is going to be. I loved Fire Pro's ability to get really granular with AI tendencies. You could make cruiserweights wrestle very differently than giants, etc. Being able to give CAWs some differing personalities would go a long way to making wrestlers feel distinct from each other and not just interchangeable dolls smashing together.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
They've had those features in before, under different names, and it's never made that much of a difference. AI throws out whatever moves the wrestler has assigned and the high you set things the more quickly they do 'em, that's always been about it. ~6 months isn't long enough to create an intricate, customisable AI system.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Anal Surgery posted:

I wonder how responsive that personality slider suite is going to be. I loved Fire Pro's ability to get really granular with AI tendencies. You could make cruiserweights wrestle very differently than giants, etc. Being able to give CAWs some differing personalities would go a long way to making wrestlers feel distinct from each other and not just interchangeable dolls smashing together.

I figure it's more likely to have an effect on Universe mode than anything else.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Has there been any information on whether or not the change in announcer has completely gutted the CAW names?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Do the 2K14 servers shut down soon?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think so yeah

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Has there been any word on whether or not they've removed the ridiculous "men can't fight women" or, more accurately, "Superstars can't fight Divas" poo poo they've had in the last few games? That's something that's kept me from buying these for a while now.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Jubs posted:

Do the 2K14 servers shut down soon?

Does this mean DLC will also all disappear?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Has there been any word on whether or not they've removed the ridiculous "men can't fight women" or, more accurately, "Superstars can't fight Divas" poo poo they've had in the last few games? That's something that's kept me from buying these for a while now.

will never happen

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

epitasis posted:

will never happen

Then that's a dealbreaker for me with these games. My fiancée spent hours on a CAW for herself on 2K14 to find out she could only face the five or six women in the game.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

You think they'd remove that restriction on the game that has a career mode that focuses on Steve Austin.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I wouldnt think that at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Next year's game will be advertised around the :siren:DIVA'S REVOLUTION:siren: prepare for all the half-assed think pieces

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Did they take out the thing where you can set your CAW's gender from female to unknown and use them in both divisions? I haven't made a female CAW, and barely make male ones anymore with the "download CAWs from much smarter people than you" feature.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

1st AD posted:

Does this mean DLC will also all disappear?

The DLC is hosted on the PSN/Xbox servers, not their own.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Did they take out the thing where you can set your CAW's gender from female to unknown and use them in both divisions? I haven't made a female CAW, and barely make male ones anymore with the "download CAWs from much smarter people than you" feature.

Yeah.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I'm on crack today, I meant the CAW and custom arenas.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Has there been any information on whether or not the change in announcer has completely gutted the CAW names?

From the vids I saw, it looks as if there are many more for the ring announcer.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Davros1 posted:

From the vids I saw, it looks as if there are many more for the ring announcer.

loving sick.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Question: How do you present Wrestlemania 14 HBK vs Austin with Mike Tyson at ringside?

Answer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDnDqpy4a7Q

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I don't know why they didn't use Stevie Richards instead.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's such a small thing but the continuous effort to rewrite all instances of "WWF" to "WWE" really annoys me.

That foley is really good though, good mat sounds.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Which is weird, when you remember Mike Tyson was DLC in WWE '13 (which might've been a much better game)

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
If they wanted mad nerd points they should have just put Arnie in there and called him Mr Dream.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Having to play 20+ matches as Austin frankly seems boring as hell. Hopefully I can tweak his Showcase moveset and give him nothing but combination head kicks and poison mist.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I do love how current day wwe is secondary to legacy stars/periods in games.

I do wonder what very young kids think when they keep see ATTITUDE era and some bald guy getting a storrweee mode.

In 5-10 years time will the games still heavily feature the legends like mortal kombat and street fighter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

WWE 2k25: Braun Strowman Living Legend Showcase