Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Fabricated posted:

Edit: I guess another part of the announcement is a spin off? Wow, already?
My Regular Academia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

TriffTshngo posted:

Maybe the Naruto comparisons are just messing with me then, because my first instinct when I heard this announcement is "Oh god no I can't handle Naruto/Bleach filler or One Piece pacing for this series, don't do this"

Theyre all 15-20 years old now. These days theyve just been producing 1 season and coming back to it later if it did well enough.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

KoB posted:

Theyre all 15-20 years old now. These days theyve just been producing 1 season and coming back to it later if it did well enough.

Dang really? I stopped watching shonen anime because of Naruto/DBZ/Kenshin/FMA filler back in the day. Did they finally do away with the stupid year round seasons that just ended up tanking the quality of the story and animation?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's really only a few legacy series that do it nowadays, yeah.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Waffleman_ posted:

How long has this been the case? Because Jesus gently caress it never should have been a thing to just never go off air.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
One Piece and Naruto filler should serve as a reminder to all of time that it's probably better to run adaptations seasonally.*

*For some reason I found the G8 filler arc in One Piece to be alright

KoB
May 1, 2009
Bleach is off the air now and is waiting on the manga to finish up before doing 1 last season (also because its terrible). Fairy Tail comes back every year or so for another story arc.

The big Shonen Jump hits since Bleach either end outright or do single seasons with sequels it seems.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

One Piece and Naruto filler should serve as a reminder to all of time that it's probably better to run adaptations seasonally.*

I really liked G8. Having watched the anime up to the end of Ennies Lobby before going to the manga, I was surprised to find out that it was filler.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Feels good man

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Fabricated posted:

As far as One Piece filler goes its certainly up there, which isn't really high praise but it's still fairly okayish. What helps is that the main motivation is fixing the Merry to leave and getting their sweet Skypeia loot back.

It's still very stock and cookie cutter filler though. Hits all the same beats as every other One Piece filler by that point aside from like the "random little girl gets dragged along and is The Most Important" one.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I remember G8 having decent animation which was a nice change of pace

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
G8 had Condoriano so it was by default the best filler arc on that merit alone. The rest of it actually being pretty fun and not garbage was just a bonus.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jonathan was a pretty cool Marine character too because he was actually really smart and a strategist and not just some rear end in a top hat given the rank because he had a bunch of haki or some cheaty poo poo devil fruit.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is this really getting a spin off because lol if its not all might as a kid that has insanely massive spoilers what can it even be about

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Jose posted:

is this really getting a spin off because lol if its not all might as a kid that has insanely massive spoilers what can it even be about

It'll be all the same events but from Sadrock's perspective.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose posted:

Class 1-B?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Jose posted:

it's probably just gonna be something similar to Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth, a comedy chibi spin-off

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Bakugou's Beach Blowout.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Fabricated posted:

I thought this was due to how Television programming in Japan worked? Like once you take a break you're pretty much out for good which is why they keep pumping out filler/padded episodes to keep their show up?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kegslayer posted:

I thought this was due to how Television programming in Japan worked? Like once you take a break you're pretty much out for good which is why they keep pumping out filler/padded episodes to keep their show up?

You lose your time slot, yeah. One Piece and Naruto have really good time slots and they don't want to have to renegotiate them all the time.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Jose posted:

drat near anything.

Alien Queen and Invisigirl work together to bust the crime syndicate unrolling a new type of drug that threatens to flood the city.

Eraserhead and Present Mic are roommates. Can they learn to live together in this slice of life comedy about the housing market in Tokyo?

Lunch Rush gets drawn into the seedy world of competitive underground cooking. At first it seems like it's all fun, and then people start trying to bribe him to throw meals.

When young girls have their heart worn down by the pressures of school and society, only the hero I Cannot Stop Twinkling can teach them to love themselves as much as he does!

These are not hard to come up with.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shigaraki Tomura learns the meaning of friendship. (Or doesn't, because he is a huge rear end in a top hat.)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mystic Mongol posted:

These are not hard to come up with.

i was assuming it would be things who read it would want to know about

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I wanna know what you've been reading to get to this point and not want all of those things.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Jose posted:

i was assuming it would be things who read it would want to know about

If you don't want to watch Alien Queen and Invisigirl fight mobsters we share no frame of reference.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Slice of super life with Uraraka, Momo, Hagakure, Ashido, and Tsuyu.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
OPM crossover, with no combat. Just Saitama and Uraraka bonding as fellow poors on special sale day

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

OPM crossover, with no combat. Just Saitama and Uraraka bonding as fellow poors on special sale day

With one panel of combat, surely?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New series of shorts called:

Sticky Nights with Mineta.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also Sadrock's power is revealed this chapter, finally.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
As long as the spin off isn't yet another boring slice of life anime with a twist that never impacts the story I'll probably watch at least three episodes.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Fabricated posted:

Also Sadrock's power is revealed this chapter, finally.

Yessss Sadrock! Show me what your petting powers can do, Anima. I'm ready.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Korean raws dropped and provided the single best reaction panel of the last few chapters.

They also finally answer the question of what the rock looking student can do. He can communicate with animals

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By posted:

Korean raws dropped and provided the single best reaction panel of the last few chapters.
-snip-
They also finally answer the question of what the rock looking student can do. He can communicate with animals

Wait, Korean? I know Chinese raws are out here, but I'm pretty much unfamiliar with the Korean scene with the exception of the one Korean online reader site I visit.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Yeah, Meant to say Chinese.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brought To You By posted:

That's cool but seems pretty useless(for a hero) in a world with animal cruelty laws.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 23, 2015

Jintor
May 19, 2014

urghhhhhhhh i need that chapter right this second in my brain

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

That's cool but seems pretty useless(for a hero) in a world with animal cruelty laws.

Ah, but he can make absolutely sure he has their consent. :v:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

RatHat posted:

Quoting spoilered images doesn't work by the way. It's cool it turns out bears have a strong sense of justice no need to force them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Yaoyorozu got to do a lot of cool stuff this week and had some rad expressions/art, so this is a good chapter by my count.