Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Fried Watermelon posted:

I work in creating ads and the only thing getting me through the day is adding in little things that only a few will notice.

That's awesome. I'd have to imagine you couldn't tell us exactly what they were, but it's neat to know. Are you personally responsible for any of Alex Jones' illuminati rants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I work in radio journalism and do some audio production work on the side. I'm putting silly poo poo into my broadcasts and ads all the drat time. I'm definitely not the only one in the building that does so.

Don't worry, fellow journalists--I'm not out to make a mockery of our profession. Some days, though, when I'm feeling blue, I pick myself up by doing something like, say, delaying a story about a local ribbon-cutting that happened over the weekend so that I'll have time to tell the whole region about how a furry convention got gassed upstate.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I remember that thread. It was just pool chlorine thrown around in the stairwell.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

The whole Reebok debacle has been one of the most amazing own goals I've every seen. It has helped no one and everyone involved in the planning has lost money and looked stupid.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That Robox posted:

I seem to remember a while back it came out that McDonalds had tried to pay rappers to mention the Big Mac in their music and not one would do it.

In the mid 00s they had a commercial that was a viral video, that they had bought the rights to, of a guy standing outside a McDonalds "rapping" about mcnuggets. Turns out the guy was a young Thomas Middleditch (of HBO's Silicon Valley) and he's said that the video was produced to make fun of McDonalds, they just didn't realize it.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

muscles like this? posted:

In the mid 00s they had a commercial that was a viral video, that they had bought the rights to, of a guy standing outside a McDonalds "rapping" about mcnuggets. Turns out the guy was a young Thomas Middleditch (of HBO's Silicon Valley) and he's said that the video was produced to make fun of McDonalds, they just didn't realize it.

That was a fun time for businesses having no idea what they were doing as they tried to break into the pre-YouTube video worlds. Like that one auto company that got busted making a viral ad of a suicide bomber blowing themselves up in one of their cars, or the PSP trying so hard to look "urban" with their licensed graffiti murals and All I Want For Christmas Is A PSP.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Quiznos attempting to use the Spongemonkeys is still a high watermark for advertising trying and failing to approximate lovely early 00s internet flash-based memes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPTZWhz46M

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Saw this one on my drive into work this morning. The dog looks traumatized.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Patrick Spens posted:

The whole Reebok debacle has been one of the most amazing own goals I've every seen. It has helped no one and everyone involved in the planning has lost money and looked stupid.

They didn't even align the words IRELAND and UFC and the map. It all looks off.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

That was a fun time for businesses having no idea what they were doing as they tried to break into the pre-YouTube video worlds. Like that one auto company that got busted making a viral ad of a suicide bomber blowing themselves up in one of their cars, or the PSP trying so hard to look "urban" with their licensed graffiti murals and All I Want For Christmas Is A PSP.

You could've made a whole thread about PSS/PS3 era advertising. Between the graffiti, viral video, the bill board of the white woman beating up a black woman, the black stereotype squirrels, the guy that would follow PSP players around in public places and harass them and creepy levitating crying babies it's a wonder they ever turned a profit.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sony's entire bungling of the PS3 is p. fascinating from a variety of perspectives, advertising being only one of them. They went from one of the top-selling video game consoles of all time (the PS2, whose sales are only rivaled by the original NES, original Game Boy, and the Wii), to stalling out with the PS3 until 2009-11 (and even then with huge failures like the Move).

People forget that the PS2 had a loving ton of weird-rear end David Lynch commercials too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msMehuZo3x8

But it didn't matter because the PS2 was ultimately the best choice on the market at the time, while the PS3/PSP simply weren't.

From a consumer perspective it was like they looked at most of the reasons the PS1/2 dominated their respective eras--very affordable prices relative to the competition, extremely developer-friendly software, timing the market via CDs and DVD functionality respectively, not going after high-end tech specs, backwards compatibility, building a stable of reliable brands to at least compete with Nintendo--and said "nah we're not going to even try that again." Granted Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD was a thing at the time, but everything else they had no excuse for and their got their market share rightfully gobbled up by Nintendo's 1-2 punch of the Nintendo DS and Wii. The PS3 was a clunky, expensive, power-guzzling waste of space that had rear end-backwards backwards compatibility (that was eventually stripped out) and generally poor everything for years. It eventually became ok as the years wore on, prices came down, devs got used to the software, and the library grew, but for a number of years it was like "Sony wtf happened to you guys?"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The PS2 is by far the biggest selling console of all time. The DS is second biggest, but if we're talking just home consoles, the PS2 and PS are the two biggest selling consoles of all time. The Wii outsold the Ps3 though, which sold almost the exact same amount as the 360.

The NES barely sold half the Ps2's amount, though that was at a time where video games were seen as more a kids thing (even though the majority of people who played Atari were guys over 18).

God, the WiiU has barely sold half of the Ps4 numbers, that's pretty sad. I am still really wondering what went wrong there. Did the only people who bought it the dire hard NES fans that will buy anything if mario and zelda are on it?

Pengwin
Apr 3, 2007

MIND MIND MIND

Airbnb posted these ads around San Francisco in opposition to a proposition here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/10/22/sorry-airbnb-you-dont-get-a-gold-star-for-paying-your-taxes/

Because people in San Francisco want tech companies to pay less taxes and they also hate... libraries? and parks? :confused:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Pengwin posted:

Airbnb posted these ads around San Francisco in opposition to a proposition here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/10/22/sorry-airbnb-you-dont-get-a-gold-star-for-paying-your-taxes/

Because people in San Francisco want tech companies to pay less taxes and they also hate... libraries? and parks? :confused:

gently caress Airbnb.

I used to work for them and their pricing structure is, in my opinion, deliberately confusing. There's no transparency on how much the guests get billed and for what reasons. They charge the guests and the hosts a percentage, so they're making money on both ends.

And ultimately, the hosts are the ones paying the taxes in San Francisco, not the company.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

twistedmentat posted:

The PS2 is by far the biggest selling console of all time. The DS is second biggest, but if we're talking just home consoles, the PS2 and PS are the two biggest selling consoles of all time. The Wii outsold the Ps3 though, which sold almost the exact same amount as the 360.

The NES barely sold half the Ps2's amount, though that was at a time where video games were seen as more a kids thing (even though the majority of people who played Atari were guys over 18).

God, the WiiU has barely sold half of the Ps4 numbers, that's pretty sad. I am still really wondering what went wrong there. Did the only people who bought it the dire hard NES fans that will buy anything if mario and zelda are on it?

Frankly in both the PS3 and Wii U cases it's obvious why they weren't as successful (besides the fact that gen x and millennials having their disposable income bubbles burst) and that's that there are barely any good games exclusive to either system. We're already a system ahead for Sony and like, all I can think of is I guess Metal Gear Solid 4? While with the Wii U there's literally no successful games that aren't first-party made. Like all the games that would make me want to play the system and aren't anywhere else star either Mario or Link (or both). I kinda really want to play Mario Maker, but it's not worth a three hundred dollar system to me at all. And all the other "good" Wii U games are pretty blah and skippable.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Choco1980 posted:

Frankly in both the PS3 and Wii U cases it's obvious why they weren't as successful (besides the fact that gen x and millennials having their disposable income bubbles burst) and that's that there are barely any good games exclusive to either system. We're already a system ahead for Sony and like, all I can think of is I guess Metal Gear Solid 4? While with the Wii U there's literally no successful games that aren't first-party made. Like all the games that would make me want to play the system and aren't anywhere else star either Mario or Link (or both). I kinda really want to play Mario Maker, but it's not worth a three hundred dollar system to me at all. And all the other "good" Wii U games are pretty blah and skippable.

Gran Turismo. Seriously, GT5 is the best selling PS3 exclusive by a comfortable margin.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

carry on then posted:

Gran Turismo. Seriously, GT5 is the best selling PS3 exclusive by a comfortable margin.

I got GT3 bundled in with my PS2. Man was that about the most boring racing game I've ever played.

GT is aimed squarely at serious die-hard car nerds, and only strengthens my point.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Halo always does well for the MS crew, I think.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Choco1980 posted:

The Wii being such a smash hit was because it became a fad item like the Furby or Tickle-Me Elmo and they were expecting a repeat performance with the WiiU. Only it turns out that the moms and grandmas who bought a Wii for Wii Sports and maybe Wii Fitness after seeing Ellen Degeneres play it on TV aren't the type of people who feel compelled to go out and buy the next generation of hardware, and the new generation of kids love Minecraft and Call of Duty rather than Mario and Link, so Nintendo missed out on both audiences. On top of that it was Nintendo's first real HD console and they were compltely unprepared, so it took almost two years to have a decent library because they keep postponing their games after having to allocate resources to other titles. Even Nintendo is at the point where they've got the WiiU successor on fast track because they know they made a mistake, and even then they're finally whoring out their franchises to 3rd party developers and mobile platformers because they need cash and Ammibos can only make so much.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Choco1980 posted:

The Wii U kind of got hosed up early on through a lot of things that piled up and then all the third party support just bailed on them for the most part. I'm not sure if it's because of their hardware of what, but it's kind of ridiculous.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

It doesn't help that that weird tablet-controller thing was a terrible idea from day one, that was clearly the brainchild of an out-of-touch executive watching their nephew get hooked on like Fruit Ninja or something on their parents ipad and wanting in on that lucrative niche market, only to blow it in every conceivable way.

"Okay, so one of the ways the Wii U will be different is we now include these big awkward to hold controllers with a massive touch screen in the middle that will totally be integral to your gameplay experience--meaning you'll have to NOT look at the tv if you need to use them. however, each Wii U only uses one of them [as far as I've seen] and everyone else playing our fantastic multiplayer games has to use the old Wii style controllers and play the games completely differently than you! We're completely changing what gameplaying is going to be like, people!" It's such a complete disaster of an idea and they held on to it so tightly...

EDIT: VVV This is true. The first time my son saw a Wii U he flat out asked me if it was just a new controller that he could get for his Wii.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Another factor with the Wii U is that it didn't have any kind of branding differentiation. I'm not a big follower of consoles, and it wasn't clear to me until someone spelled it out that the Wii U was an entirely new system and not just some fancy peripheral for the Wii. The Playstation and XBox series have done a good job of giving newness to their consoles. The nintendo series did an amazing job, up to the Wii U of making sure people knew that new was new, both in the name and in the appearance of the unit.

I can imagine that mom or grandma won't really see or understand the difference between the two consoles and just think "well the kids already have one of those..." It seems like a small amount of confusion, but that family purchase was a big part of Nintendo's market share.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Choco1980 posted:

It doesn't help that that weird tablet-controller thing was a terrible idea from day one, that was clearly the brainchild of an out-of-touch executive watching their nephew get hooked on like Fruit Ninja or something on their parents ipad and wanting in on that lucrative niche market, only to blow it in every conceivable way.

"Okay, so one of the ways the Wii U will be different is we now include these big awkward to hold controllers with a massive touch screen in the middle that will totally be integral to your gameplay experience--meaning you'll have to NOT look at the tv if you need to use them. however, each Wii U only uses one of them [as far as I've seen] and everyone else playing our fantastic multiplayer games has to use the old Wii style controllers and play the games completely differently than you! We're completely changing what gameplaying is going to be like, people!" It's such a complete disaster of an idea and they held on to it so tightly...

EDIT: VVV This is true. The first time my son saw a Wii U he flat out asked me if it was just a new controller that he could get for his Wii.

It doesn't help that one of the WiiU's big features was the ability to play the games on the tablet screen rather than the television, which more of less ensures that the tablet would never be used for something essential that would block somebody out of using that feature.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Sleeveless posted:

It doesn't help that one of the WiiU's big features was the ability to play the games on the tablet screen rather than the television, which more of less ensures that the tablet would never be used for something essential that would block somebody out of using that feature.

On one hand, it was a very cool feature and I liked being able to watch something while playing a game or carry my gamepad out into another room and just relax while playing a game. On the other hand, it made you wonder why they bothered with the whole console thing and didn't just make the world's beefiest handheld.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Another factor with the Wii U is that it didn't have any kind of branding differentiation. I'm not a big follower of consoles, and it wasn't clear to me until someone spelled it out that the Wii U was an entirely new system and not just some fancy peripheral for the Wii. The Playstation and XBox series have done a good job of giving newness to their consoles. The nintendo series did an amazing job, up to the Wii U of making sure people knew that new was new, both in the name and in the appearance of the unit.

I can imagine that mom or grandma won't really see or understand the difference between the two consoles and just think "well the kids already have one of those..." It seems like a small amount of confusion, but that family purchase was a big part of Nintendo's market share.

I don't think I learned that Wii U was a new system until sometime in the last few months, and I think it was in this thread that I learned it. I think I thought it was some kind of educational add on for the Wii, kind of like the Wii Fit, but for dumb kids or something.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

CommonShore posted:

Yeah, that was the big thing that shot the Wii U in the foot; they failed to sufficiently communicate that it was even a new console rather than just a peripheral. That kind of led to them cannibalizing their own sales, as people just kept buying Wiis because they didn't really see that the Wii U was a successor. It's a bigger version of a similar issue they faced with the 3DS, where at first people didn't entirely realize it was a new console, but they did recover from that with the aid of some nice exclusives, chiefly Pokemon. Did help that the 3D gimmick actually did do well to catch attention, of course.

Nintendo's reliance on their own first-party titles to sell their platforms puts them in kind of a weird position in the modern gaming market, I think. If it were any other company in the market, they'd have an issue: Sony's exclusives are hit and miss, Microsoft doesn't really know what they're doing with them, Valve doesn't have enough releases. Moving to people without their own platforms for that, it's still a bad situation; Sega tried and failed before, Ubisoft's lost any consumer goodwill it had, EA can't get Origin to take off. Nintendo's the only one that really has to rely on their own properties, yet at the same time they're the only ones that can. If nothing else, when buying a Nintendo console and game you can be assured of a base level of quality, over several decades I can only think of one single game they've made that's actually BAD. That is an impressive hit rate, and I'd say it's the reason they're still afloat as they are. If all else fails, on any and every side of things, you can still count on Nintendo to release a killer Zelda game, old--fashioned Mario fun, and a hundred new weird-rear end Pokemon to catch.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Nuebot posted:

On one hand, it was a very cool feature and I liked being able to watch something while playing a game or carry my gamepad out into another room and just relax while playing a game. On the other hand, it made you wonder why they bothered with the whole console thing and didn't just make the world's beefiest handheld.

The WiiU itself still does all the processing, it's just streaming it it to the tablet in near real-time. I hope Mario Maker does well for them. -maker games should be the next big thing from Nintendo. Metroid maker and Zelda maker seem like no-brainers.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF

Cleretic posted:

...EA can't get Origin to take off.

Good. Serves them right for dumping on Origin (the game studio behind the Ultima series) and then nicking their name for their stupid Steam knock-off. :colbert:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Full Battle Rattle posted:

The WiiU itself still does all the processing, it's just streaming it it to the tablet in near real-time. I hope Mario Maker does well for them. -maker games should be the next big thing from Nintendo. Metroid maker and Zelda maker seem like no-brainers.

If Mario Maker is anything to go by, they're just official rear end in a top hat romhack generators. Capcom should just make Megaman Maker to make bank off all those megaman 2 romhackers.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mario Maker could be improved if Nintendo made a better way to filter out stuff so you can remove the auto playing levels and the bullshit ones where you go down a random pipe and die instantly.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Nuebot posted:

If Mario Maker is anything to go by, they're just official rear end in a top hat romhack generators. Capcom should just make Megaman Maker to make bank off all those megaman 2 romhackers.

They were going to, at one point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf13859S5Q8

But yeah, 'official romhack' is a great idea, I think.

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
Wii U has some really good games but the library is pretty small and the only ones worth playing are first party ones. Honestly the only reason I ended up even getting one was because I found it at a thrift store for $115.

Pretty much just bought it for Smash Bros, but Splatoon and Mario Maker are both really fun. Splatoon not having local multiplayer is pants-on-head retarded, though. I don't know what they were thinking there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Turfahurf posted:

Wii U has some really good games but the library is pretty small and the only ones worth playing are first party ones.

so it's a nintendo console

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's good info, because I always always curious about it. Was it just that the Nintendo franchises have lost their luster and only their hardcore fans are buying them? I know a few people who work at gamestop and kids don't want mario and zelda games, they want CoD and AC games. It's mostly adults who buy the Nintendo franchises. Though again, kids don't drive game sales, adults do. Plus its anecdotal anyways.

Mu Zeta posted:

Mario Maker could be improved if Nintendo made a better way to filter out stuff so you can remove the auto playing levels and the bullshit ones where you go down a random pipe and die instantly.

Yea, my one friend who has a WiiU got Mario Maker and spent forever to actually find playable fun levels. Too many meme 4chan levels, a lot of remade sonic levels, bullshit levels that just are unfair.

I know something that killed a lot of my friends interest in the WiiU was Colonial Marines. we felt that it would show that the WiiU had more serious games planned rather than casual gimmicky games. And that turned out terrible and we felt that Nintendo just had no idea what it was doing except for going for gimmicks and making more of their 1st party stuff.

Nintendo's situation kind of reminds me of Funko, they make so much money of Popfigures/DS that they can afford to try new stuff that isn't successful. I've heard people say "oh nintendo is going the way of Sega and we'll be playing Mario on PlayStation in 10 years" which is stupid. They'd literally need a string of massive failures to be in that kind of trouble. This is more the Virtual boy, they tries something, it didn't work and they'll do something else and it will work.

Even that said, the WiiU is no where as much of a failure of the Virtual Boy. That thing lasted less than a year and what, 20 games were released for it? The funny thing is I think having Virtual boys set up all over the place so people could play it hurt them. Everyone could see it was hot garbage; the VR effects were shallow, the thing was hard to use properly, the games weren't even fun. I remember playing it every time I was at blockbuster and it hurt my eyes after even a few minutes.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mu Zeta posted:

Something like that happened here a few times. There's a big grocery called Lucky's that changed into Albertson's years ago. Then it turned back into Lucky's after like a decade.

Starbucks bought a chain here called La Boulange and after a couple years they shut them all down. Then the La Boulange owners bought back the name and re-opened the stores.

It all looks like a huge waste of money and time.

Except for the one right by my office :(

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

twistedmentat posted:

That's good info, because I always always curious about it. Was it just that the Nintendo franchises have lost their luster and only their hardcore fans are buying them? I know a few people who work at gamestop and kids don't want mario and zelda games, they want CoD and AC games. It's mostly adults who buy the Nintendo franchises. Though again, kids don't drive game sales, adults do. Plus its anecdotal anyways.

Yea, my one friend who has a WiiU got Mario Maker and spent forever to actually find playable fun levels. Too many meme 4chan levels, a lot of remade sonic levels, bullshit levels that just are unfair.

I know something that killed a lot of my friends interest in the WiiU was Colonial Marines. we felt that it would show that the WiiU had more serious games planned rather than casual gimmicky games. And that turned out terrible and we felt that Nintendo just had no idea what it was doing except for going for gimmicks and making more of their 1st party stuff.

Nintendo's situation kind of reminds me of Funko, they make so much money of Popfigures/DS that they can afford to try new stuff that isn't successful. I've heard people say "oh nintendo is going the way of Sega and we'll be playing Mario on PlayStation in 10 years" which is stupid. They'd literally need a string of massive failures to be in that kind of trouble. This is more the Virtual boy, they tries something, it didn't work and they'll do something else and it will work.

Even that said, the WiiU is no where as much of a failure of the Virtual Boy. That thing lasted less than a year and what, 20 games were released for it? The funny thing is I think having Virtual boys set up all over the place so people could play it hurt them. Everyone could see it was hot garbage; the VR effects were shallow, the thing was hard to use properly, the games weren't even fun. I remember playing it every time I was at blockbuster and it hurt my eyes after even a few minutes.

The Virtual Boy is a really especially dumb case because like you said, there were demo stations everywhere....but the only way to play it without getting a headache was to adjust the focus which you could only do on the splash screen when the console booted up. So people would walk up, play with something focused to someone else's eyes (if at all), get a headache and swear off the thing.

It's a shame, too- Wario Land and Red Alarm were loving awesome games.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

twistedmentat posted:

Kids are still super loyal to Nintendo, it's just those kids are all on mobile platforms (specifically DS/3DS) and a lot of them don't really have the money to branch into the home console market. It's much cheaper to get your kid a handheld obviously, and those kids are still heavily in the Nintendo pocket just like they were in 1998 when Pokemon was the hotness on Gameboy. But speaking from experience I had a GBC and a GBA but never a GC because while I could save up enough money to buy a GBA at launch, getting twice to three times that much money just to have a Gamecube was way out of my budget range. The Wii was less so because it was, at least for a large portion of its life, pretty low in price and families were buying them as family entertainment items not just as things for the kids.

I'd say the Wii U is more like the Dreamcast or Saturn, it was doomed from the start by the failings of the people who made it, but it will stick around in the hardcore gamer mind because of it's really small but extremely solid and different library of titles.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Full Battle Rattle posted:

They were going to, at one point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf13859S5Q8

But yeah, 'official romhack' is a great idea, I think.

Actually, they fully did. It was on the PSP, on the game that was a remake of the first one, Mega Man Powered Up. Apparently they kept the servers running for YEARS because people kept playing each others levels constantly. They even had a Ghosts N Goblins tile/sound set.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

twistedmentat posted:

I remember hearing it could cause damage to developing vision, so it was a Nintendo console that children under 7 were told flat out not to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I'd say the Wii U is more like the Dreamcast or Saturn, it was doomed from the start by the failings of the people who made it, but it will stick around in the hardcore gamer mind because of it's really small but extremely solid and different library of titles.

That's fair.

So what's the WiiU equivalent of Seaman?