Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Night Danger Moose posted:

As a (now former) Domino's driver, I think this is a little neat. It's nice not to put miles on my own car and having a warmer in the car can be handy.

There are at least a handful of Domino's franchises that actually do provide the vehicle - but you give up getting any mileage or portion of the delivery fee (... like you get the whole fee anyway, I get $1.02 of the $2.50 at Pizza Hut, and make $5.70/hr while on delivery - just got a raise, whoop-de-doo).

Personally, I'll gladly give up the mileage/trip money/whatever you call it in exchange for not driving my own car. It would easily cut my monthly expenses down by at least 25%.

The interior of that rendered photo looks a lot like my car with the back seats folded down and the front passenger seat folded down (it folds completely flat, and can be moved far enough back that it almost touches the back seat). The "custom compartments" that hold napkins, sauces, etc are also known as "center console" and "glove box" in my car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Back when I was in High School delivering pizza for Pizza Hut, gas was $1/gallon, and my Honda Civic was getting 30 mpg city. It was the best job ever, really. Driving my car, listening to lovely 90s house and euro techno music while sneaking pepperoni off of the occasional pizza.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

But can't you already just shoot the delivery driver for free pizza?

Surely drones are more expensive than papa john's drivers.

You shoot the drivers for their money, the pizza is just an afterthought if murdering people for money makes you hungry.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

You shoot the drivers for their money, the pizza is just an afterthought if murdering people for money makes you hungry.

Doesn't it always?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

There are at least a handful of Domino's franchises that actually do provide the vehicle - but you give up getting any mileage or portion of the delivery fee (... like you get the whole fee anyway, I get $1.02 of the $2.50 at Pizza Hut, and make $5.70/hr while on delivery - just got a raise, whoop-de-doo).

Wait what

Mine charges 3.50 delivery and we get none of it. And we get 4.50 on the road. :mad:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

eyebeem posted:

Back when I was in High School delivering pizza for Pizza Hut, gas was $1/gallon, and my Honda Civic was getting 30 mpg city. It was the best job ever, really. Driving my car, listening to lovely 90s house and euro techno music while sneaking pepperoni off of the occasional pizza.

I think I'll never get used to you guys calling a sausage "pepperoni" (as opposed to the cool and good correct meaning, a kind of semi-hot pepper)

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

That's pepperoncini, not pepperoni.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Guinness posted:

That's banana wax pepper, not pepperoni.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Geirskogul posted:

That's a banana pepper, not pepperoni or a banana wax pepper

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Guinness posted:

That's pepperoncini, not pepperoni.

i love those things.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I delivered for Domino's in College and also drove a beater Honda Civic. This was right around the time gas really started to rise, so the franchise instituted a delivery charge of $0.50 Driver's got the whole thing and then some (I think it was $0.75/order taken - which sounds lovely until you realize you can run 2-3 at a time), in addition to tips and $7.00/hr. I cleared $12-16/hr in a lovely small town in Ohio.

We only had one House Car, a 1992 Chevy Celebrity (or something to that effect) and it always reminded me of the "Producer Car" from Top Gear that the guys had to drive in if their challenge car broke down. It was a thing of shame for shameful people.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
I used to work for a budget pizza chain in Australia in the early 2000's, and the company owned delivery car was a lovely kei car - an early 90's Daihatsu Mira. It had a beastly 30kw when it was new, and it was a junker that got smashed around by 17 year olds. Just terrible.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

wayfinder posted:

Sorry, I think we Germans have to claim this one. Vauxhalls aren't really British cars but re-badged Opels, and the Zafira is made in Germany afair

Suprised it wasn't a daewoo.
But lol at burst into flames. Obviously a heater issue (and the article calls into question aftermarket heater fans or resistor packs may be the cause). Surely you'd smell hot wiring and switch off a fan before a car busts into flames?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

HairyNipple! posted:

I used to work for a budget pizza chain in Australia in the early 2000's, and the company owned delivery car was a lovely kei car - an early 90's Daihatsu Mira. It had a beastly 30kw when it was new, and it was a junker that got smashed around by 17 year olds. Just terrible.

Talk poo poo all you want about the Daihatsu Mira, the walkthrough van however is loving cool.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

But how's the suspension? It needs to be able to quickly avoid the Noid without much bodyroll.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

davebo posted:

But how's the suspension? It needs to be able to quickly avoid the Noid without much bodyroll.

:golfclap:

I miss the 80's. There. I said it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

To be fair, it's a Spark. I don't think it has sufficient mass to experience any body roll.

I imagine driving one is like low budget action films that speed up the take to make a chase scene look faster.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

My mustang is best mustang because bat decals.

Also I agree completely with iwentdoodie, anything that gets us closer to the deliverator is a good thing. Your pie in 30 minutes or less or you can have it free, shoot the driver, take his car, file a class action suit.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Literally?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

quote:

His most intense sexual experience ever, he says, was with a helicopter.

Man has his priorities in order.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Why did he mount the fender pony badge going the wrong direction?

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?

Cage posted:

Why did he mount the fender pony badge going the wrong direction?

Because even the badge wants to get away from that abortion of good taste.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
What a super deal! :v:

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Root Bear posted:

What a super deal! :v:

The broken window crank laying in the driver footwell is the icing on the cake.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

kimcicle posted:

Oh the stories that car could tell by doing maintenance on it

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

8ender posted:

Oh the stories that car could tell by doing maintenance on it

Stockholm patents are generally pretty quiet.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Frank Dillinger posted:

By Opel, who is owned by GM. So it's Americas fault.

:911:

iwentdoodie posted:

One step closer to the deliverator, so no complaints.

The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallow subcategory. He's got esprit up to here.

Right now, he is preparing to carry out his third mission of the night. His uniform is black as activated charcoal, filtering the very light out of the air. A bullet will bounce off its arachnofiber weave like a wren hitting a patio door, but excess perspiration wafts through it like a breeze through a freshly napalmed forest. Where his body has bony extremities, the suit has sintered armorgel: feels like gritty jello, protects like a stack of telephone books.

The Deliverator's car has enough potential energy packed into its batteries to fire a pound of bacon into the Asteroid Belt. Unlike a bimbo box or a Burb beater, the Deliverator's car unloads that power through gaping, gleaming, polished sphincters... You want to talk contact patches? Your car's tires have tiny contact patches, talk to the asphalt in four places the size of your tongue.

The Deliverator is in touch with the road, starts like a bad day, stops on a peseta.

As he scrunches to a stop, the electromechanical hatch on the flank of his car is already opening to reveal his empty pizza slots, the door clicking and folding back in on itself like the wing of a beetle.

The slots are waiting.

Waiting for hot pizza.

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Oct 24, 2015

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

kimcicle posted:

I didn't notice the speaker wires on the passenger floor until after I posted :captainpop:

E:

Speaking of :captainpop: Today I discovered someone's unique method of securing a rusted heat shield:

Root Bear fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 25, 2015

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Root Bear posted:

Speaking of :captainpop: Today I discovered someone's unique method of securing a rusted heat shield:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Well, what the hell else do you do with all your useless keys?

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 25, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

See the frame is just molting, giving way to it's new wooden form.

Right?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

KoRMaK posted:

Well, what the hell else do you do with all your useless keys?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=110746

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Zimmerman really let himself go.

Steamos
Jul 22, 2011
Kill Bill would have been a really different movie

quote:

ULTIMATE PUSSY WAGON!!

IF YOU WANT A CAR THAT CAN TAKE YOU FROM ZERO TO HERO IN THE TIME IT TAKES A CHICKEN TO LAY AN EGG THEN READ ON MY FRIENDS. IF NOT THEN I SUGGEST YOU TYPE ROBIN RELIANT INTO YOUR SEARCH BAR AND MOVE ON.

MGF 1.8vvt MOT'D - MAY 2015
57K ON THE CLOCK.

- NOT IDEAL FOR DRUG DEALERS OR OBESE PEOPLE (SO NO PARKING UP AT MCDONALDS AND CHUCKING SNICKERS ABOUT)
- INTERIOR IS CREAM AND RED LEATHER AS IMMACULATE AS MICHELLE KEEGANS REAR END ;). NOT EVEN AN ARSE WEAR OR SCRATCH ON THE SEATS
- CAR WAS A BARN FIND. THE FARMER OBVIOUSLY DIDNT LIKE PIMPING TOO MUCH I GUESS. - HE DIDNT FIND THIS FUNNY WHEN I MENTIONED IT EITHER.
- IDEAL FOR SUMMER DOGGING AS THE SEATS ARE COMFY AND THE TOP GOES DOWN.
- THE CAR IS LOW DOES BUMP THROUGH POTHOLES ETC SUSPECTED DAMPNER PROBLEM ON THE DRIVERS SIDE (IM NOT SURE) IVE DRIVEN IT ANYWAYS AND IT PASSED AN MOT. DRIVES GOOD IF YOU STEER CLEAR OF THE CRATERS.
- RUSTY WING AND PIN PRICK HOLE IN THE ROOF LINER (SEE PICS)
- DRIVES SWEET AS A NUT AND ATTRACTS ALL THE LADIES, SPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A BEARD.
- 2 SEATS SO IDEAL FOR THEM WOLFPACK DATES WITH YOUR BESTIE HUNTING DOWN THE FEMALE GENDER LIKE A TRAMP ON CHIPS.
- OR EVEN IDEAL FOR THE WIFE IF YOUR LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE A BALL AND CHAIN.
- NO ROOM FOR THE MOTHER INLAWS SO ITS A BIG BONUS.
- COMES WITH THE COVER FOR THE TOP ITS IN THE BOOT.
- I WILL LEAVE IT TAXED AND INSURED IF SOMEONE WANTS TO DRIVE IT AWAY.
- I HAD LOTS OF FUN WITH THIS IN THE SUMMER, JUST BOUGHT MYSELF ANOTHER WINTER TOY SO AS ALWAYS I MOVE THESE ON. I'VE BEEN AS HONEST AS I CAN WITH IT HENCE THE PICS ETC, MAY SOMEONE ELSE ENJOY IT, DOG IN IT OR JUST CRUISE THE STRIP WITH THE ROOF DOWN AS I DID WHILST HIGH ON COCAINE WITH A HALF NAKED WOMAN IN THE PASSENGER SEAT.

- AUCTION STARTS AT £0.99

ANY QUESTIONS MY NUMBER IS 07454249783

HAPPY BIDDING EBAYERS.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Root Bear posted:

It's just like a flat washer, right?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Makes perfect sense, you never see rusty keys right? We should build everything out of keys.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

xzzy posted:

Makes perfect sense, you never see rusty keys right? We should build everything out of keys.

And if you misplace your key, you can just pull one off the door. Brilliant!

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

And if you misplace your key, you can just pull one off the door. Brilliant!

you jest, but I have spare keys unobtrusively ziptied to the frame of every car I own.

much prefer to get a bit dirty as opposed to calling a locksmith or breaking a window if I get locked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

http://m.channel3000.com/news/MPD-SUV-bursts-into-flames-damages-2-squad-cars/36057980

"The owner of the SUV told police he was just moving to Madison from Minnesota, and that he had just bought the SUV off of Craigslist, according to the release. He had not yet called his insurance company."