Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Death?
This poll is closed.
Love it! 49 28.00%
Leave it! 59 33.71%
That is not dead which can eternal lie... 67 38.29%
Total: 175 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Pauline Kael posted:

Do you custom fit these? Can you make one for a s&w 681 for inside waistband carry?

The 681 is a 367 mag. K-frame with full underlug, correct? I can't do K-frame work at the moment but do have a dedicated holster making mold for them middling high on my acquisition priority list. Sorry, but I'll toss you a PM sometime down the road when I finally get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DeusExMachinima posted:

If you think I was trying to rationalize S&F, you're mistaken. In spite of the opposition and abuse of it, some community leaders in minority areas thought it was ultimately for the best considering the situation. And they were wrong, even if they were in a very very difficult situation. Being a community leader doesn't give you a vote on someone else's rights.
So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're bringing up something with a loose parallel and then saying "No, the minority group members don't get to have a say in these policies." Is that accurate?

I mean, we'll see what happens when they represent the majority of the voting population. Or do you think that measures should be taken to prevent such a situation from affecting gun access regulations etc.?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
More like, nobody gets a say in someone else's rights whether or not they're a part of the same demo. The "minorities want gun control!" canard never held much water with me because there already is a way to enact gun prohibition without enacting victimless crimes, and that's exercising your 1A rights to convince people not to own them. If you can't do that successfully 100% of the time to achieve your British state of enlightenment, tough poo poo.

Anyway as a protective measure I'd suggest a court system that luuuurves itself some strict scrutiny, moreso than today. As an added bonus in the present it'd hasten in slapping the poo poo out of public safety types who're currently picking on other amendments.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DeusExMachinima posted:

More like, nobody gets a say in someone else's rights whether or not they're a part of the same demo. The "minorities want gun control!" canard never held much water with me because there already is a way to enact gun prohibition without enacting victimless crimes, and that's exercising your 1A rights to convince people not to own them. If you can't do that successfully 100% of the time to achieve your British state of enlightenment, tough poo poo.

Anyway as a protective measure I'd suggest a court system that luuuurves itself some strict scrutiny, moreso than today. As an added bonus in the present it'd hasten in slapping the poo poo out of public safety types who're currently picking on other amendments.
So you feel that we should modify the court system in order to prevent these minority groups from having a certain influence on policy? That's an interesting attitude. Why not instead have some outreach? Perhaps you can convince them of the virtues of firearm ownership.

e: Collectively, of course. Surely the industry would enjoy a larger customer base, and it would seem that the home defense virtues of firearms ownership would be all the stronger for poorer people or those who live in dense urban areas.

Nessus fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 23, 2015

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Who What Now posted:

This, but unironically

So you use them to decry the illegal nature of stop and frisk but not the 2nd amendment? Seems quite consistent and logical.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Off work today, so I'm going to go flex my constitutional rights, like you do on election day...and then sight in my 10/22 scope

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Plinkey posted:

Off work today, so I'm going to go flex my constitutional rights, like you do on election day...and then sight in my 10/22 scope

Three guns, not a hoarder.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Plinkey posted:

One for deer, one for graboids, and one for gunslinging chipmunks.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gravel Gravy posted:

One for deer, one for graboids, and one for gunslinging chipmunks.

I don't even want to know what 44 mag does to chipmunks. Meat rain I assume.

e: I also don't think any of those are legal for deer in my state, maybe the pistol.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

You don't need to compensate for the recoil, that's what revolvers are for.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Plinkey posted:

I gots to know...

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gravel Gravy posted:

I gots to know...

But the ad said it'd help me get bears. :3:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Plinkey posted:

But the ad said it'd help me get bears. :3:

Come on help me out here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pauline Kael posted:

So you use them to decry the illegal nature of stop and frisk but not the 2nd amendment? Seems quite consistent and logical.

I don't use the founding fathers to decry anything.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Gravel Gravy posted:

Come on help me out here

I got it. :)

I gots it. :smug:

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

DeusExMachinima posted:

Convincing people to not buy things isn't "prohibition," and even if it were, your reasoning doesn't follow from the evidence - that minorities want gun control more than the rural/suburban white dude demographic that gun fanboys mostly hail from is factually true, and not a fact that is disputed by your preference that no one take away your toy selection.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hickok45 had a minority on his youtube, and his subscribers said Hickok45 got really tanned. Also that any form of gun control leads to bans, and that Obama has been for years trying to grab guns.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 23, 2015

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Pauline Kael posted:

Wait didn't violent crime reduce dramatically under stop n frisk? Isn't that the statistical truth? Isn't the sole consideration reducing violence? I mean who cares what the founding fathers said 200 years ago if stop and frisk reduces violence then we have to do it, right? Come on Tezor and flowers for whatever bring it on

If there were a way to enact stop and frisk such that all it does it vaguely inconvenience and occasionally take away the dangerous toys of belligerent white idiots who are for backwards failed policy then I'd be all for it. This might be a considered a flippant answer, but really it speaks to a deeper truth: that gun advocates are contemptible piles of rage-addled, toy-obsessed self-absorption is a very germane consideration when considering the pros and cons of disarming and generally loving with them.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Tezzor posted:

If there were a way to enact stop and frisk such that all it does it vaguely inconvenience and occasionally take away the dangerous toys of belligerent white idiots who are for backwards failed policy then I'd be all for it. This might be a considered a flippant answer, but really it speaks to a deeper truth: that gun advocates are contemptible piles of rage-addled, toy-obsessed self-absorption is a very germane consideration when considering the pros and cons of disarming and generally loving with them.

Ah, Tezzor. I sure love the smell of sadbrains in the morning.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Who What Now posted:

I don't use the founding fathers to decry anything.

Ok as long as you never use the constitution or bill of rights to support anything you say, great. Your type typically likes to pick and choose which laws apply and which don't. That just puts you in league with Tezzor and his shrill fellow travelers. May you be known by the company you keep, friend!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pauline Kael posted:

Ah, Tezzor. I sure love the smell of sadbrains in the morning.

Based on your posting in the Energy Megathread....

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Plinkey posted:

:flaccid:

there needs to be special pills for gun owners like this

come back when you got a REAL package to show off lol

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

CommieGIR posted:

Based on your posting in the Energy Megathread....

Yeah I guess complaining that the town/county/state have made it nearly impossible to harness wind power on my property is exactly like Tezzor's utility test for rights. That's a fantastic analogy on your part and goes a long way to understanding your position on guns, namely that you're an idiot.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Nessus posted:

So you feel that we should modify the court system in order to prevent these minority groups from having a certain influence on policy? That's an interesting attitude. Why not instead have some outreach? Perhaps you can convince them of the virtues of firearm ownership.

No, what I think he's saying is that
A) If you think a group of people (like members of a certain race) shouldn't have guns, convince them of this fact instead of legislating racism
or
B) Who cares what anybody 'wants' in opposition to a Constitutionally protected human right? If a bunch of Orthodox Christians got together and said 'Aw naw man, we don't want an ROC cathedral just ban them' that would hold zero weight as an argument legally or morally against the 1st Amendment.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Gravel Gravy posted:

Come on help me out here

I gots to know.

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Plinkey posted:

e: I also don't think any of those are legal for deer in my state, maybe the pistol.

Varminting is yet another hosed up thing that gun nuts do - and another reason why guns should be way more tightly regulated.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pauline Kael posted:

Ok as long as you never use the constitution or bill of rights to support anything you say, great. Your type typically likes to pick and choose which laws apply and which don't. That just puts you in league with Tezzor and his shrill fellow travelers. May you be known by the company you keep, friend!

I'm not an originalist so I can use the constitution and reinterpret it all I want. I do think it should pretty much be rewritten from the ground up, though.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

captainblastum posted:

Varminting is yet another hosed up thing that gun nuts do - and another reason why guns should be way more tightly regulated.

A buddy of mine and I once went out to shoot his .50 rifle.

I set up bottles and some big empty vegetable cans to shoot

He got really excited at one point though and shot a jack rabbit

he scooped up the remains in his hands and masturbated furiously with them

he does the same thing with the brains of women and children in Iraq :patriot:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

captainblastum posted:

You've got a long road ahead of you if you want to restrict bolt-action rifles.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

MariusLecter posted:

A buddy of mine and I once went out to shoot his .50 rifle.

I set up bottles and some big empty vegetable cans to shoot

He got really excited at one point though and shot a jack rabbit

he scooped up the remains in his hands and masturbated furiously with them

he does the same thing with the brains of women and children in Iraq :patriot:

He lives on..

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

captainblastum posted:

Counterpoint: squirrels are annoying and there are way too many of them.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

captainblastum posted:

please, i wouldn't call 24,000 american patriots a year 'varmits'. disgraceful

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

-Troika- posted:

always eating my acorns, loving tree rats

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
^^^ well shoot

-Troika- posted:

Did a group of squirrels get into your nut stash last winter or something?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Liberal minority gunhaver checking in. Did it ever occur to you people that minorities might want protection from the majority, police and of course other minorities?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LingcodKilla posted:

Liberal minority gunhaver checking in. Did it ever occur to you people that minorities might want protection from the majority, police and of course other minorities?

Like you and your racism?

Also: "Protect themselves from the police and majority" LOL. Yeah. That's gone over well.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
do autists really fear other autists that much, typically they're not that violent

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
To the fumbling gentrifier know-nothing, squirrels are nothing but playful decorations for their parks, not ravenous, tasty pests

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

You've got a long road ahead of you if you want to restrict bolt-action rifles.

Lever-action is cooler, but bolt-action guns are pretty nice too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

LingcodKilla posted:

Didn't the Black Panther Party have a similar idea and actually end up persecuted more because they were then not just African-American radicals, but also armed? Regardless, if you're living in such a failed state that you need to buy a gun to protect yourself I'd suggest instead spending that money on leaving the country until it has stabilised and order has been restored by a UN peacekeeping force.

• Locked thread