Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

program666 posted:

thanks for reminding me that, that's perfect
Also, Blur and Driver: San Francisco.

Neither NFS:Hot Pursuit nor Most Wanted are good. Well, the 2005 Most Wanted was pretty good, but the 2012 one is very bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Great Joe posted:

Also, Blur and Driver: San Francisco.

Neither NFS:Hot Pursuit nor Most Wanted are good. Well, the 2005 Most Wanted was pretty good, but the 2012 one is very bad.

Hot pursuit 2 was the pinnacle of NFS, with porche unleashed a close second.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i LOVE the police chases in MW2005, and the police chatter is what makes the chases so much fun.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

corn in the bible posted:

nobody ever gace ne anything for destroyin chrono cros

I keese you

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_cSywyuEQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbv9YOjahoA

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 22, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember enjoying Need for Speed Underground on GC... That and Burnout 2 were my poo poo! It's a shame that arcade driving disappeared last gen, and having only a Wii I was never able to play Paradise

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Drift Stage is gonna be sweet.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Megaman Legends the MMO releasing on Steam in 10 days!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/395960/

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cardboard Box A posted:

Megaman Legends the MMO releasing on Steam in 10 days!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/395960/

They made a sequel?!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Square Enix is teasing making a Chrono Trigger 2, a new Valkyrie Profile, and essentially resurrecting all their old ips as actual games.

I mean hey final fantasy 7 remake is happening....BUT IS JUST WISH IT WOULDNT TAKE FOREVER TO CHURN OUT THE GAME!

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 23, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Taint Reaper posted:

Square Enix is teasing making a Chrono Trigger 2, a new Valkyrie Profile, and essentially resurrecting all their old ips as actual games.

I mean hey final fantasy 7 remake is happening....BUT IS JUST WISH IT WOULDNT TAKE FOREVER TO CHURN OUT THE GAME!

this coupled with star ocean means i'm pretty sure this means i died and i'm in heaven

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

corn in the bible posted:

well, please buy me icy store.steampowered.com/app/375400/ or dont i guess if thats too expense

Give me your steam name stupid.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lurdiak posted:

Give me your steam name stupid.

I actually thought we were steam friends already, but here's my steam thing http://steamcommunity.com/id/crowfeathers/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

New Valkyrie Profile doesn't need to be teased, it's being released in like 8 weeks.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Minecraft is finally on Steam for $30

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366220/

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:dogbutton:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Thanks to Lurdiak I am playing Icy. And I made a friend!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OzKTAYkyTE

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ubisoft should just make virtual museums of architecture instead of hackneyed alternate history delivery platforms like :butt:Creed

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_161qJ5XHM

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Call of Duty does its part to promote obesity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8APTjOOblvI

This is basically Saints Row levels of absurdity now

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cardboard Box A posted:

This is basically Saints Row levels of absurdity now

No it needs a dildo cane and a scrotum top hat.

Hah so this is what World of Warcraft players can look forward to with Blizzard's rumored offline mode.

but for 30 bucks? No way

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Oct 23, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I am okay with this level of insane poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Golden Goat posted:

I am okay with this level of insane poo poo.

Yeah I am seeing absolutely nothing wrong with this. Why do people hate things that are fun

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The point about the main characters seeming like conquerors is pretty salient. I got that vibe in a lot of AC games. No no, we're the GOOD illuminati that runs everything and rigs elections.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lurdiak posted:

The point about the main characters seeming like conquerors is pretty salient. I got that vibe in a lot of AC games. No no, we're the GOOD illuminati that runs everything and rigs elections.

I didn't play a single AC game and only watched a bunch of cut scenes on youtube, but wasn't it established that templars and assassins aren't good or bad, but just have slightly different approaches to world domination? I know you play some parts as a templar in the American one and it's not clear that you are not an assassin at first to show how assassins and templars are the same. I think.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Tales of Zestiria is not bad and is infact very good. Other than the camera being weird everything else is solid.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Paladinus posted:

I didn't play a single AC game and only watched a bunch of cut scenes on youtube, but wasn't it established that templars and assassins aren't good or bad, but just have slightly different approaches to world domination? I know you play some parts as a templar in the American one and it's not clear that you are not an assassin at first to show how assassins and templars are the same. I think.

Nah, there are some shades of grey in the first game and in 3, but most games firmly place the templars as pure evil and the assassins as being the good guys who want to stop the templars from ruling the world. The guy you're talking about is an ex-assassin who's templar friends all turn out to be dickheads.

I kinda wish whoever wrote the first game had stayed on board cuz boy did those sequels get stupid. It's especially bad in the optional files you can collect that inform you that every single evil historical figure was a templar.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lurdiak posted:

Nah, there are some shades of grey in the first game and in 3, but most games firmly place the templars as pure evil and the assassins as being the good guys who want to stop the templars from ruling the world. The guy you're talking about is an ex-assassin who's templar friends all turn out to be dickheads.

I kinda wish whoever wrote the first game had stayed on board cuz boy did those sequels get stupid.

Yeah, I've heard one of the games is just an in-universe video game based on the technology from previous games. Or maybe it's all of them after Desmond dies.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Liberation was the meta-video game. How it connected with the Templer/Assassin narrative was you could go "off course" in the storyline and see evil poo poo the Templars did that were hacked into the game by modern Assassins or something.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
here are my real thoughts about the asscreed storyline that I have actually put effort into thinking and posting

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Adam Bowen posted:

here are my real thoughts about the asscreed storyline that I have actually put effort into thinking and posting

Well where are they you tease

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Adam Bowen posted:

people actually like different things noooooooo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i mean the AC story is pretty stupid but at the same time i kinda respect how devoted they are to putting so much crazy story in the games when 99% of the people who buy them never, ever read or listen to the historical notes or story at all

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i mean maybe i'm wrong, i did see a dude with an AC logo tattoo on his arm the other day

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Not nearly as bad as that goon who got that Destiny tattoo

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Someone should tattoo a list of all the star citizen ships they've bought with the prices

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Reminds me of a fighting game tournament commentator who looked more like a jock than a turbonerd until he showed his Sol Badguy 'FREE' tattoo.

He was planning on getting Ky's 'HOPE' tattoo as well.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

There is no way you can be a "fighting game tournament commentator" and not be a turbonerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

raditts posted:

There is no way you can be a "fighting game tournament commentator" and not be a turbonerd.

• Locked thread