Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

This in a female voice. Also, strap a face gem in the tip of our snout as a flawless disguise.

For SuGaBa, we should equate the sensor data trap to an unwinnable Caiman game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Big ol' update

Lots happening this time.

Doing the Huntergatherer plan but instead of not pretending to be a gemface, we're pretending to be a gemface.

Yesterday's page, completed:

We'll try to report in. Page 55:

We got some gems:

And since we have that alien shuttle, we turn to 309:

Where a severe rear end-kicking awaits. She's a better shot than we are and has slightly more health than we do currently. (We can take 2 more hits before dying, she can take 3). We have more FISTS than her though.
I had to roll this fight a few times because with our lousy stats and low health she killed us like 4 times. In the end I rolled up a victory and we got 1 injury, leaving us at death's door. The fight took 24 of our energy leaving us with a bit under half.
But hey, onwards!

to... this. 255:

So, uh...thoughts?

I'd also like to introduce you to our new valet. I randomly chose from the 4 unassigned Caimen and 2 unassigned geckos. We got this guy:

He sucks. He'll be available for use once we enter the jump and won't contribute to CRAPULENCE until after the next check, but just leting you know he exists.

Starship manifest:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Ramming speed!

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
:munch: I just wanna take this opportunity to say this thread is so loving good, and Gilganixon is the best. I check this for updates like 90 times a day. :munch:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Shoot it! With the guns!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Considering it's a sphinx we should get the jump on it by asking a question through the external loudspeakers, something like "Do you even grift?" Then focus the overpowered external speakers on the sphinx's head (this is a human ship, so probably has a stupidly powerful stereo system) and shatter its eyegem with a sick guitar solo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

the_steve posted:

Shoot it! With the guns!

If we have photon based weapons aim for the jewel to create a horrifying disco ball light show of death!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Considering it's a sphinx we should get the jump on it by asking a question through the external loudspeakers, something like "Do you even grift?" Then focus the overpowered external speakers on the sphinx's head (this is a human ship, so probably has a stupidly powerful stereo system) and shatter its eyegem with a sick guitar solo.

This

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

that thing is kinda cute, get out of the shuttle and bust a move

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Ask her the Riddle of the Caiman. And when she starts to ponder about it, blast her with cannons.

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 23, 2015

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Hogge Wild posted:

Ask her the Riddle of the Caiman. And when she starts to ponder about it, blast her with cannons.

Dreggon posted:

that thing is kinda cute, get out of the shuttle and bust a move

Ask the riddle in the form of a lame pickup line

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This. Also check for Hugh Mann in the back, since he was probably too drunk to heed the evac order. He looks like he can totally sort of play the solo to Stairway...or used to but he hasn't been practicing lately.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Hogge Wild posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Hogge Wild posted:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Gilganixon flip over johnny two scorecards to reveal his second scorecard which is much better and reveals his true identity.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Al Borland posted:

Gilganixon flip over johnny two scorecards to reveal his second scorecard which is much better and reveals his true identity.

this is actually a little switch on the side of the card, hope you didn't snap it off

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Al Borland posted:

The Zybourne Croc?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Zybourne Croc?

:golfclap:

Flip Two Scorecards/reveal Zybourne Croc

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

how the hell did any of you know about that

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

For those we left behind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu6yFnYdA4k

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 23, 2015

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

If we have photon based weapons aim for the jewel to create a horrifying disco ball light show of death!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

:rip: Donald Plover

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Gilganixon posted:

how the hell did any of you know about that

Didn't Herman skull already use this schtick in "Tomb of the demon abjurer"?

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus we are getting hosed. All I know is that every living thing in this system better be dead by the time we leave. Nobody puts baby in a corner.

The Big Pinch
Jan 25, 2003

I love hairy man ass!

Al Borland posted:

then

Solice Kirsk posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hold on, I just... I need a moment. :negative:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

beautiful

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Hogge Wild posted:

This. Plus throw in a lame pickup line.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Asterios posted:

:munch: I just wanna take this opportunity to say this thread is so loving good, and Gilganixon is the best. I check this for updates like 90 times a day. :munch:

:tipshat:

lest we forget

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Didn't Herman skull already use this schtick in "Tomb of the demon abjurer"?

Mr. Skull is way too cheap to do anything like this. Tomb (1985) was pretty much the only one in the series to make a large amount of sales (fundamentalist Christians really liked it for the premise) and one particular sect of religious nuts released an unauthorised "revised and expanded" edition. It included the entire text of the New Testament and also a few of the item and character cards had little cardboard mechanisms built inside which allowed the items to "transform". Since they were even more fragile than most of the notoriously flimsy 2FF stuff most of those cards are long disintegrated.

The rare, banned, ridiculously expensive and very rudely named Void Racers "Rube jabroni mark nerd fatbody spendthrift dickhead luxury box set" edition also had a couple of these cards, and maybe I managed to snag one of those.

Update:
Yesterday's page, complete:

We wanted to make a lame pass at the Sphinx followed by killing, so let's do that on 159:

This is not that tough a fight because we're in a spaceship and the monster isn't, but the three round limit makes it kind of hard. I get us killed once or twice before winning in two rounds.
The Supergalactic takes 2 HULL damage because we're letting off fusion weapons and gem beams and whatnot indoors.
Anyway, we win. Turning to 112:

These aliens have surrendered to us, which is a bad idea in general. How shall we express our famously merciful and benevolent nature?

Dreggon posted:

this is actually a little switch on the side of the card, hope you didn't snap it off

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Zybourne Croc?

Bold Robot posted:

:golfclap:

Flip Two Scorecards/reveal Zybourne Croc

I wasn't going to because I didn't want to ruin the card but I feel kind of pressured now.

Here's the current Starship Manifest:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Get to cleaning up and repairing the ship, slaves!!!

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
This sounds like a good time to round up the crew for a blood feast at the expense of the prior empress

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Initiate gun control and have all the Bijoux military disarmed. If their weapons are worth a drat they could be useful. Recall the crew and check on SuGaBa to see if he is done with whatever he was glitched out on.

(edited to fix weird phonetic typo)

CaptainSarcastic fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 24, 2015

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Tardcore posted:

This sounds like a good time to round up the crew for a blood feast at the expense of the prior empress

Yeah, we did miss the last opportunity for that.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Initiate gun control and have all the Bijoux military disarmed. If their weapons are worth a drat they could be useful. Recall the crew and check on SuGaBa to see if he is done with whatever he was glitched out on.

(edited to fix weird phonetic typo)
If we take the bijoux as slaves, doesn't Mois T'Owlette's bonus mean we can safely keep them armed?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

EAT THE PRISONERS
The crew, or what's left of it, shall feast this night.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Standard enslavement protocols, get a bunch of new crew, and then blow up their space dock and leave them to the Threshers.

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
Can we like, ditch our slacker Caiman crew and replace them en-masse with bijoux? After all, they're already on the ship and seem to have a way with SuGaBa.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Blood feast! Blood for the Blood Croc!

Also keep one of the gem heads to continue our multiracial crew compliment/prisoner menagerie.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Eat some Bijoux
Slave the rest
Steal a lot of poo poo
Blow this popsicle stand

Edit: while this was meant to be my suggestion, it seems I may have inadvertently stumbled upon the genre of Caiman Metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Everybody feast on the Sphinx!

Broadcast to the entire Bijoux system that we're in charge now. Hold up the big gem face of their former leader as proof.

Have them actually upgrade our systems and poo poo.

Share hyperdrive technology with them, and ready a fleet.

Take whatever we can get off them, and let's get the hell out of this system.

• Locked thread