Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Blackula69 posted:

yes that's true and like they don't even send you a key for preorders, they're just like "we'll totally have a key when the game comes out check back then" but on the other hand I'm not paying $80 because of price differences that bear no relation to foreign exchange and are just "lol gently caress you canada"

then wait, why the gently caress would you buy it now

Shaggar posted:

the best part of shadow or mordor was avenging ur steam friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
more games should have single player things that are affected by other players. like in Talos Principle where u can tag walls and poo poo so ur friends can see. So you spend a bunch of time trying to get to weird places on the map to put a tag they can see but cant get to

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shaggar posted:

more games should have single player things that are affected by other players. like in Talos Principle where u can tag walls and poo poo so ur friends can see. So you spend a bunch of time trying to get to weird places on the map to put a tag they can see but cant get to

let me tell you about dark souls

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
or watch_dogs

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

holy poo poo the combat is still exactly the same as the first one with dudes just milling around you waiting for their turn. unbelievable.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Siljmonster posted:

Cgs: noct is spoopy as heck

oh yah, i backed this - time to hit it up soon

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
A Mother Flippin' Sword Cane

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

the next one will have a razor fedora you throw for finishers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

what did it have like that? mostly it had the invasion mp which was brilliant

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah that looked pretty cool but too bad the game sucked.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Improbable Lobster posted:

A Mother Flippin' Sword Cane
let me tell you about bloodborne's cane

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

holy poo poo the combat is still exactly the same as the first one with dudes just milling around you waiting for their turn. unbelievable.

they tweak the combat system and add maybe one or two new features but for the most part it’s the same boring system with nothing new. 3 AC games later and the movesets are still copy/pasted over. its still ace for the immersive historical worlds, but the core gameplay needs some work.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
oh poo poo guys you can build trader stands and like run your own little economy in fallout 4 and plant crops and hnnnnggh

if there's an economy system in a game I just go out of my way to buy and maximize everything as soon as I am able, it satisfies something in my reptilian brain. this is skyrim + an economy system + hugely variable building and crafting in an fps/rpg hybrid and oh god I think I'm going to have to quit my job

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I preordered in on gmg for $47

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnbV0B89zwM

words can't express my hype level and i've only seen like two youtube videos, trying to learn as little as possible before I play it. But seriously that looks like the game I've been wanting to play for years, and even if it's all hosed up the modders can fix it

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
wtf nintendo

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bethesda kinda counts on modders fixing their games, which is why I'm baffled as to why they thought to strangle their golden goose with paid mods.

Just do good DLC like Obsidian did for NV and have people buy that. Don't set up a system where people can charge for mods that fix your egregious failures in design

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Cat Face Joe posted:

the next one will have a razor fedora you throw for finishers

goldeneye hd confirmed

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
paid mods are kind of dumb but I guess kind of make sense given some of the professional level poo poo that's come out of that community. imo having a way to donate to mod makers thru steam would be a nice middle ground.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Shaggar posted:

paid mods are kind of dumb but I guess kind of make sense given some of the professional level poo poo that's come out of that community. imo having a way to donate to mod makers thru steam would be a nice middle ground.

yeah, I would do this. some stuff is really awesome like the War Zones mod for skyrim, it's totally worth like $3 or whatever but I'm real skeptical of an official paid mod system

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Fabricated posted:

Bethesda kinda counts on modders fixing their games,

i mean, not really for 95% of their user base unless you think they crib ideas from the modders to patch their games

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

yeah, I would do this. some stuff is really awesome like the War Zones mod for skyrim, it's totally worth like $3 or whatever but I'm real skeptical of an official paid mod system

also non-paid mod sites will still exists and I doubt theres gonna be mod drm so mod piracy will probably be a thing. the donation model makes more sense

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
A good/quick donate button built into Steam would help a lot of modders. People probably wouldn't care about kicking a few bucks towards say the SkyUI dude if it was quick, easy, but optional.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hmm I have 62 cents worth of card sales in my steam wallet. sure u can have that, modder.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Fabricated posted:

A good/quick donate button built into Steam would help a lot of modders. People probably wouldn't care about kicking a few bucks towards say the SkyUI dude if it was quick, easy, but optional.

but then bethesda wouldn't get their fair share!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah the idea that the publisher/developer gets any cut of mod sales is idiotic.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

a donate button for all mods and the ability for hand-curated mods to be for-pay sounds good to me, provided theyre not dicks about which mods become pay-for

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
there's a standalone version of Space Pope's sperg milsim ( same devs, same engine) that is only 20$ instead of 80$ with the caveat that it only has a 15 mission campaign and a skirmish option.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Internaut! posted:

is it any good if youve never played any MGS before

is it impenetrable if you didnt spend your formative years with a japanese console of some sort

if you already have a ps3 you can play all the main storyline Metal Gear games for like 70€ in two weeks on Easy (lol if you don't play on easy anyway). i wouldn't recommend it but you could.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Dodoman posted:

there's a standalone version of Space Pope's sperg milsim ( same devs, same engine) that is only 20$ instead of 80$ with the caveat that it only has a 15 mission campaign and a skirmish option.
yes, there is. i haven't tried it yet, but they also have regular old CMANO on sale for only $60!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Notorious QIG posted:

a donate button for all mods and the ability for hand-curated mods to be for-pay sounds good to me, provided theyre not dick mods

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hey man don't knock the value of a well-designed dick mod

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Notorious QIG posted:

my dick knows no moderation!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

:shittypop:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
so the new version of CMANO (1.09) adds in some cool stuff. a few new lua functions, but the big additions are performance improvements, and EMP associated with nuclear blasts

the strength and range of the pulse is highly dependent on the altitude of the detonation, with ones in the upper atmosphere going upwards of 1500nm. they can knock out sensors, with the tech level of the sensor being another big factor. old vacuum tube ones are the most resistant

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

computer parts posted:

i mean, not really for 95% of their user base unless you think they crib ideas from the modders to patch their games

a lot of companies take poo poo form modders and crackers and whatever

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

duTrieux. posted:

a lot of companies take poo poo form modders and crackers and whatever

okay, but even with that in mind the scaremonger argument is some variation of "people will put up paid mods and sue free mods for copyright infringement" and that seems unlikely at best

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

this is like the only keeper among all of the new undertale related emotes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

all eyepops are beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005