Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Walrus Pete posted:

I started a consular the other day and I'm up to level 36 or so doing virtually nothing but purple (class + main) missions and the solo flashpoints. It's been smooth as hell so far, maybe even too easy. Companions are insanely powerful compared to what they were the last time I played, too. A companion set to healer mode basically makes you invincible.

The lizard man set to tank is beating the game solo for my consular.

Compared to last week the levelling game is an absolute joke, and not much fun at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was never fun.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

The enemies are significantly harder than they were before - if you think about it, all of the tacticals before were level 55 and you did them at level 60, so you were already 5 levels above the mobs most of the time. Now, they're scaled up to 65 so they're inherently harder.

Oh. Uh, I meant like Hammer Station and Athiss--the new tacticals. No, I remember CZ-198 and the like being ball-squashingly tough.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Defiance Industries posted:

So here's the thing about that: I don't play video games around a schedule. I do it when I have time. That's why people like solo content, they can do it when they want. I used to do poo poo like that, then I realized how much I hated having to mark out a night of my week to play a video game.

Same.

For actual content: I think I reached peak princess. I now have too many armor sets I want to wear.
Why can't I display them in my stronghold?!

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

sassassin posted:

The lizard man set to tank is beating the game solo for my consular.

Compared to last week the levelling game is an absolute joke, and not much fun at all.

This seems to be the most common opinion in guild chat. I am pretty sure there will be a nerf before to long, and I for one will be fine with it, because after about three or four mobs the novelty of your companion 3 shotting golds wears off and the game just becomes boring.

More specifically, I've always enjoyed bounty contract week because even in raid gear soloing a kingpin tended to be a bit of a challenge, requiring the use of cooldowns and managing your powerbar. Last night I did the Kaas Kingpin and my companion literally solo'd the fight while I stood there and /dance'd.

SpaceCadetBob fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 23, 2015

Syrophenikan
Aug 17, 2010
Fun Shoe
I have few plans this weekend and was going to drop a bunch of hours into this game. Is there any interest in grouping up for flashpoints, weekly heroics, or even world bosses from Imperial people in TNG, maybe tonight?

I'm really enjoying the Operative (named Geheim, level 36ish) and will likely keep playing her.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

SpaceCadetBob posted:

This seems to be the most common opinion in guild chat. I am pretty sure there will be a nerf before to long, and I for one will be fine with it, because after about three or four mobs the novelty of your companion 3 shotting golds wears off and the game just becomes boring.

Personally I'm OK with my companion being able to take on 3 elites at once while I clear other trash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

the panacea posted:

Same.

For actual content: I think I reached peak princess. I now have too many armor sets I want to wear.
Why can't I display them in my stronghold?!

You can use your companions as dress-up dummies.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Alter Ego posted:

Personally I'm OK with my companion being able to take on 3 elites at once while I clear other trash.

And then you realise you could just let your companion take care of the trash, too, and life becomes meaningless.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

Oh. Uh, I meant like Hammer Station and Athiss--the new tacticals. No, I remember CZ-198 and the like being ball-squashingly tough.

Those are also too hard to have your comp solo them - they've also been scaled to 65. You just get bolstered to 65 if you're bellow that level.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Medullah posted:

The enemies are significantly harder than they were before - if you think about it, all of the tacticals before were level 55 and you did them at level 60, so you were already 5 levels above the mobs most of the time. Now, they're scaled up to 65 so they're inherently harder.

Maybe around max level -- tactical FPs have been a complete joke duoing with my friend at L15-20. We did Black Talon and then Hammer Station with both our companions in DPS mode. I'm pretty sure I could actually have soloed them. I think that bolstering up to L65 also bolsters the proportionally ridiculous amount of +Mastery you get from legacy-wide datacrons.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Jan posted:

Maybe around max level -- tactical FPs have been a complete joke duoing with my friend at L15-20. We did Black Talon and then Hammer Station with both our companions in DPS mode. I'm pretty sure I could actually have soloed them. I think that bolstering up to L65 also bolsters the proportionally ridiculous amount of +Mastery you get from legacy-wide datacrons.

Maybe I've just been unlucky but I did both Illum and Boarding Party (while 65 - others in the group were lower level) and we almost wiped a couple of times. Both times we had a dedicated healer - which should not be a requirement in a tacFP - and he had a rough time keeping the group alive to some trash pulls.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Maybe I've just been unlucky but I did both Illum and Boarding Party (while 65 - others in the group were lower level) and we almost wiped a couple of times. Both times we had a dedicated healer - which should not be a requirement in a tacFP - and he had a rough time keeping the group alive to some trash pulls.

The new tacticals are easier the fewer people you have, but 1 won't do because the one companion will get wrecked and you can't use boss kolto stations. A 4-player tactical is kind of difficult because everyone needs to know how to play and CC, but taking 2 or 3 people into one means you have one or two powerful companions to soak a lot of the difficulty and deal a ton of damage.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm out of control

I have a bunch of characters at 60 that I can choose as my "main" for all the alliance building stuff, and here I am thinking that as soon as I get home tonight I'm gonna get home and start a new powertech (even though my main concern about my jugg, which is my current 65, is that it's a melee character and I don't know if I want that).

And it's entirely because I have an idea of how I'm going to dress him up like Batman and that would be cool

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

And it's entirely because I have an idea of how I'm going to dress him up like Batman and that would be cool
I don't see the issue?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Eh, a large part of why I picked my imperial agent for my main is the nice white outfit I made for her. The other big reason being her voice acting.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm gonna see if the name Bat'Man is taken when I get home and if it isn't I'm gonna do it

If it is, I am squatting on Robertcop so I have a plan B

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm gonna see if the name Bat'Man is taken when I get home and if it isn't I'm gonna do it

If it is, I am squatting on Robertcop so I have a plan B

BRB, making 2 new characters.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
I just died to a Paladin in a Star Fortress and ended up in a holding cell :aaaaa:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ainsley is like the advanced stage of what I have.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So apparently, the math nerds that play now recommend augmenting with crit/alacrity/accuracy instead of Mastery or Power.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Is stuffing orange armor with mods bought with commendations still the best way to gear up while leveling (1-50 leveling, I mean), or was that just a 12x XP thing?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Empress Theonora posted:

Is stuffing orange armor with mods bought with commendations still the best way to gear up while leveling (1-50 leveling, I mean), or was that just a 12x XP thing?

Still the best.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

So apparently, the math nerds that play now recommend augmenting with crit/alacrity/accuracy instead of Mastery or Power.

This strategy sounds like it requires thinking

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

Those are also too hard to have your comp solo them - they've also been scaled to 65. You just get bolstered to 65 if you're bellow that level.

No, no, you misunderstand--I never planned to solo them, but how hard are they with a group of four? Can they be facerolled or do they basically require a balanced group that knows their roles ( :( )?

Ainsley McTree posted:

Anyone got that "NERDS" gif where the sign is burning?

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 23, 2015

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's okay they did the thinking for you!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm out of control

I have a bunch of characters at 60 that I can choose as my "main" for all the alliance building stuff, and here I am thinking that as soon as I get home tonight I'm gonna get home and start a new powertech (even though my main concern about my jugg, which is my current 65, is that it's a melee character and I don't know if I want that).

I have nine characters at level 50 or above (I don't get to go above 55 until Tuesday), and I'm working on a tenth. I'm a little bothered about this. :ohdear:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Interesting. I had already started augmenting crit for PVP where my AP PT regularly crits Power Cell for 20-25k now.

Less DPS but I can burst a Sorc dead in 3 GCD's with a bit of luck.

Wouldn't be surprised to see crit get an adjustment.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So I guess heroics are just stupidly easy money? How often can you repeat them?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
They are weekly now, but there are a ton of them.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

prefect posted:

I have nine characters at level 50 or above (I don't get to go above 55 until Tuesday), and I'm working on a tenth. I'm a little bothered about this. :ohdear:

Eh, it's not as complicated as it seems if you accept that you're not losing anything notable by not doing some of the companion quests at 65 and there's no carrot to grinding your companions to excessively high influence levels. I have one companion at influence level 28, and she has 1k more mastery than my character.

Hit 65, do the Star Fortress lines (everything up to the heroic can and should be soloed, and the heroic can be 2-manned with your companions), do Finding the Findsman, do Death Before Dishonor, do Mixological Profiling (if appropriate), do Fighting Power with Knowledge, and don't worry about Stalking the Score, The Kindly Old Monster, or The War Relic/The Droid with the Booming Voice unless you're the class that can bypass the quests or what they require is something you're inclined to do anyway (world bosses, bioanalysis, and PvP respectively).

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Aphrodite posted:

Still the best.

Not really. The heroic 2 lockboxes shower you in even level blue gear which end up having better stats than now green commendation mods. Of course, you can't choose which piece you get from the lockboxes, but you can fill in the blanks with updated moddables every now and then.

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -
My God, the mods on the SWTOR forums are overflowing with autism, such utter fuckheads.

A warning for me for saying I had to "sort the shambles of my inventory after getting gear back, selling now useless companion gear mods, and put people's pants back on"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Eh, it's not as complicated as it seems if you accept that you're not losing anything notable by not doing some of the companion quests at 65 and there's no carrot to grinding your companions to excessively high influence levels. I have one companion at influence level 28, and she has 1k more mastery than my character.

Hit 65, do the Star Fortress lines (everything up to the heroic can and should be soloed, and the heroic can be 2-manned with your companions), do Finding the Findsman, do Death Before Dishonor, do Mixological Profiling (if appropriate), do Fighting Power with Knowledge, and don't worry about Stalking the Score, The Kindly Old Monster, or The War Relic/The Droid with the Booming Voice unless you're the class that can bypass the quests or what they require is something you're inclined to do anyway (world bosses, bioanalysis, and PvP respectively).

If you still have a lot of Jawa Junk and that stuff I think you can buy the materials for Old Monster.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

JazzPaws posted:

My God, the mods on the SWTOR forums are overflowing with autism, such utter fuckheads.

A warning for me for saying I had to "sort the shambles of my inventory after getting gear back, selling now useless companion gear mods, and put people's pants back on"

In their defense, everyone was screaming for their original companion gear back because most everyone vendored it not expecting to ever have an outfit designer or cosmetic need for it. Now Bioware did something awesome and sent everyone their stuff back, which I'm sure was no small feat, and the same people are complaining that it was done. Eric Musco better get paid a kingly sum (I'm sure he doesn't).

Personally, I love that they sent the companion gear back even though it took a while to sort through and I'm sure I sold off some stuff I shouldn't have. I also love that the old shells are coming back as BoL rewards.

Now more than ever though the game really does need one or more of these -

a) A wardrobe system where you can drag an armor piece and then use it cosmetically after you destroy the original to make space in your vaults.

b) About 5 more vault tabs per character and 5 more legacy tabs

c) The ability to add these new BoL pieces to collections - they're already bind to legacy, why not just make it so people can reclaim them rather than sending from alt to alt to get the right look.

d) The ability to reverse engineer these pieces so Synthweavers and Armormechs can just have the schematics rather than holding onto a piece.

Personally, I have a character who's only use is to store this crap and his vault tabs are filling up quick (Though I'm sure there's many duplicates).

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

All this expansion talk got me to reinstall this.

I have a character from launch, but I kinda want to play through a story from the beginning. They increased the xp for story missions, right?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Athenry posted:

All this expansion talk got me to reinstall this.

I have a character from launch, but I kinda want to play through a story from the beginning. They increased the xp for story missions, right?

Yep, you only need to do class and planetary storylines while you're leveling.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I started a new character a day or so before KOTFE came out. Between the 12x and the way you experience keeps flowing in from level sync now I'm about to hit 40 and am still on Nar Shadda. poo poo is bananas.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Keshik posted:

Ok guys so there's an Alliance quest to recruit Doctor Lokin and it requires a loving shitload of Grade 8 medical stuff unless you're an Agent.

What you want is:

• Anodyne Extract
  • Metamorphic Cell Cultures
  • Hemostatic Gel
  • Autoimmune Regulator

Stock up now, sell for big profits next week.

Be warned that the second phase of the quest requires the Rakghoul Resurgence event no matter what so don't blow your cash if someone else has cornered the market, you can farm them up casually until November 10.

FYI everyone I bought as many of these as I could afford off the GTN and relisted them all at 4x the prices, just logged in and my 4 million investment turned into 19 million.

For real guys this is going to a big moneymaker next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't played this game since the hutt cartel thing was just launching, and I came back recently. The one thing that's confusing me is either I ended up on a dead as hell server or something weird is going on because the GTN does not have any terenthium for sale, despite it being supposedly a super common crafting material. Is there some reason for this I'm not getting? Do people just not sell crafting materials anymore?

• Locked thread