Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
FFS now I'm legit worried about Gates and it was such a great matchup.

OH WELL I GUESS ILL PLUG IN OLSEN XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

FFS now I'm legit worried about Gates and it was such a great matchup.

OH WELL I GUESS ILL PLUG IN OLSEN XD

I'm considering picking up Ladarius to stream for a couple leagues.

Also with Gates looking iffy, Keenan Allen looks to continue his quest for 20 catches. :getin:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
this is DFS but, if gates can't go, I'll fire up green and spend the extra 400 bucks on upgrades elsewhere.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Shath Hole posted:

Just came here to post this. Coach speak?

aaaand that's me putting Jordan Matthews back in my flex spot while looking furtively around with beady eyes.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Doltos posted:

Hindsight is so 20/20 on the Bengals but I really should have seen that offense firing on all cylinders. They have two athletic RBs that are perfect complements to each other, a top tier offensive line, great receiving options in Eifert and Green, plus a lot of other weapons.

It has never been the weapons that held the Bengals back, it was the Red Rifle. I just don't think anyone was willing to believe that this year he would be anything other than what he's been for the past 4 seasons.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think Diggs targets will decrease, but I suspect he will still be viable. But he is a depth signing/dynasty stash for me anyway.

Mikey Purp posted:

It has never been the weapons that held the Bengals back, it was the Red Rifle. I just don't think anyone was willing to believe that this year he would be anything other than what he's been for the past 4 seasons.

I don't know that this is true. Last year, Gio, AJ Green and Eifert all missed tons of playing time. This is the first season that they have all their skill positions with multiple years of experience. Dalton has it easy in a way, because no matter what, he is facing a mismatch and doesn't really have to force things like he might have in the past.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
In 1ppr,

Is my Fitzgerald worth his Demarco? My best RB is Hillman, remaining WRs are ODB and Jordan Matthews.

I swing for the fences so I just may start the bid by asking for both Demarco Murray and Doug Martin because *thuglyf :coolfish:

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Marshmallow Blue posted:

this is DFS but, if gates can't go, I'll fire up green and spend the extra 400 bucks on upgrades elsewhere.

Was just thinking the same thing. I'm so glad Draftkings allows late switches

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Mikey Purp posted:

This is actually the opposite of true. The last season Dalton had an entire complement of healthy weapons (2013), he was the #3 QB in fantasy points scored.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Teeter posted:

Was just thinking the same thing. I'm so glad Draftkings allows late switches

I'm on FanDuel so my Thursday game I switched him and one other Q out for Gary B and someone else.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Suave Fedora posted:

In 1ppr,

Is my Fitzgerald worth his Demarco? My best RB is Hillman, remaining WRs are ODB and Jordan Matthews.

I swing for the fences so I just may start the bid by asking for both Demarco Murray and Doug Martin because *thuglyf :coolfish:

In 1PPR, Fitz has been a top five receiver. (In my league, top three, but we get absurd yards bonuses, so not sure how that figures.) Murray is a low end RB1. I would need Murray AND Martin to even consider that move. Even then, I would be hesitant.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

In 1PPR, Fitz has been a top five receiver. (In my league, top three, but we get absurd yards bonuses, so not sure how that figures.) Murray is a low end RB1. I would need Murray AND Martin to even consider that move. Even then, I would be hesitant.

We must be in similar setups. He's # 3 in mine too, and we have yards bonuses. He's a big part of the reason I'm still hanging tough at 3-3. In Week 2 he netted me 38.2 points in this league. I'm on your side of the trade as well.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Sataere posted:

I don't know that this is true. Last year, Gio, AJ Green and Eifert all missed tons of playing time. This is the first season that they have all their skill positions with multiple years of experience. Dalton has it easy in a way, because no matter what, he is facing a mismatch and doesn't really have to force things like he might have in the past.

Don't forget Marvin Jones. Last year was nothing like this year. Sanu was the #1, and Hill was the only back.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Jordan Matthews for either one wouldn't be bad either if you want to go try that way. I'd keep Fitz in 1 PPR unless it was for a surefire RB1.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Jordan Matthews for either one wouldn't be bad either if you want to go try that way. I'd keep Fitz in 1 PPR unless it was for a surefire RB1.

He's not interested in him. He was a few weeks ago, but Matthews hasn't done anything since then to be interesting.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

He's not interested in him. He was a few weeks ago, but Matthews hasn't done anything since then to be interesting.

Ah okay, i'm with the other guys though, i wouldn't let Fitz go for just one of those.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yessssssss. Keenan Allen back at practice. Get the gently caress in.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Was there better WR value this year than Marshall and Fitz for their draft position?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

Was there better WR value this year than Marshall and Fitz for their draft position?

Hopkins is arguable, depending on where he was taken. Guy is unreal. Keenan, Benjamin, ARob are other top listers.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Christopher Harris did a nice job of breaking down CMike's existing game film and the whole hype surrounding the situation situation in this article - worth a quick read.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/friday-film-room-christine-michael

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

Lots of great value this year at WR, but those 2 probably are at the top. Others drafted in my league were probably Keenan Allen 5th, John Brown 8th, Martavis Bryant 8th (was suspended tho), Allen Robinson 6th, Steve Smith 6th. I just wish i had gotten Marshall in the 5th.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Franks Happy Place posted:

This is actually the opposite of true. The last season Dalton had an entire complement of healthy weapons (2013), he was the #3 QB in fantasy points scored.

Dalton needs to shoulder some of the blame. He's had some consistency issues in the past that can't be attributed to his supporting cast. Week 9 last year is the quintessential example, but not the only one. There were other games or parts of games where he reminded us why he wasn't quite ready to make the leap from average to elite.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Suave Fedora posted:

Hopkins is arguable, depending on where he was taken. Guy is unreal. Keenan, Benjamin, ARob are other top listers.

Let's be real. No one drafted Travis Benjamin.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

LmaoTheKid posted:

I think this argument begins and ends with Devonta Freeman...

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Shath Hole posted:

I think this argument begins and ends with Devonta Freeman...

But the discussion is about WRs...

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Franks Happy Place posted:

You're being a little disingenuous here. While I get your point, in 2013 he was also more than 100 points behind the top 2 QBs (Peyton and Brees). Also, don't forget that at times he looked downright awful that season, and his stats were propped up by a handful of games where he blew up. He only eclipsed 300 yards 5 times in 2013.

Also, the point that I was replying to was about the Bengals offense as a whole, and that offense is way more potent so far in 2015 than it was in 2013.

Consider that Cincy finished 10th in total offense in 2013 and 8th in passing offense. They are currently 3rd (6th in passing).

Dalton finished with a 88.8 passer rating and a 3:1 TD:Int ration in 2013. As of week 6 of this year, he has a 115.6 passer rating and a TD:Int ration of 7:1!

I totally agree that injuries have affected the Bengals offense in the past and that Dalton has never been an outright bad QB (although he's had his moments). But in the context of trying to pinpoint why no one saw the Bengals juggernaut coming this year, the answer is clearly Dalton.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 23, 2015

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

LmaoTheKid posted:

But the discussion is about WRs...

I...you said...

Carry on...

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Freeman transcends the concept of positions.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Mikey Purp posted:

While I get your point, in 2013 he was also more than 100 points behind the top 2 QBs (Peyton and Brees). Also, don't forget that at times he looked downright awful that season, and his stats were propped up by a handful of games where he blew up. He only eclipsed 300 yards 5 times in 2013.

Also, the point that I was replying to was about the Bengals offense as a whole, and that offense is way more potent so far in 2015 than it was in 2013.

Consider that Cincy finished 10th in total offense in 2013 and 8th in passing offense. They are currently 3rd (6th in passing).

Dalton finished with a 88.8 passer rating and a 3:1 TD:Int ration in 2013. As of week 6 of this year, he has a 115.6 passer rating and a TD:Int ration of 7:1!

I totally agree that injuries have affected the Bengals offense in the past and that Dalton has never been an outright bad QB (although he's had his moments). But in the context of trying to pinpoint why no one saw the Bengals juggernaut coming this year, the answer is clearly Dalton.

If only any of that translated into Jeremy Hill being a valuable fantasy running back.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Murphy Brownback posted:

If only any of that translated into Jeremy Hill being a valuable fantasy running back.

AKA Lacy Syndrome :smith:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Splinter posted:

Freeman transcends the concept of positions.

Freemanception

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Speaking of Freeman, for some reason I decided to look and see who I dropped Freeman for after Week 1's Tevin Coleman show and I wish I hadn't.

Jermaine Kearse :barf:

We need a thread devoted to horrible fantasy football moves/decisions.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Freeman is crazy. Our league goofball drafted Freeman because Davante Adams and Devante Parker were already taken, and he thought it was funny. And now he's in 2nd.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
:siren:I NEED HELP:siren:

I'm 1-5, 2 games back of the playoffs, and I'm hosed hard, I have both Brady and Rivers and have been trying to trade both of them to no avail. League is 12 teams, .5 PPR start QB/RBx2/WRx3/TE/FLEX

My roster is:

QB: Brady, Rivers
WR: Cooks, Matthews, Moncreif, James Jones, Marvin Jones, Stevie Johnson
RB: Peterson, Yeldon, West, Bradshaw
TE: Gilmore

A guy just offered me this trade:

GIVE: Brady, Cooks
GET: Ingram, Landry

Ideally, I'd rather trade Rivers, but he doesn't want him for whatever reason. I would also rather him give me AJ Green instead of Landry (He has OBJ, Green, Landry, Benjamin and Ingram, Martin, Miller, DJJ, and Starks) but he doesn't seem to want to budge there either.

I need to do something, my season is running out of time. Thoughts?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The X-man cometh posted:

Freeman is crazy. Our league goofball drafted Freeman because Davante Adams and Devante Parker were already taken, and he thought it was funny. And now he's in 2nd.

Yep. The douche that picked him up when I dropped him went from last to 2nd on the back of Freeman's performances. Ugh, I could be rolling out DeMarco, Gore and Freeman every week :(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Freeman's scoring so much that I didn't even realize I owned the number two back in fantasy this year in my league. loving guy has Forte dwarfed by 70 points, didn't even start the season, and was offered to me in a trade to boot.

And of course my home team is the one that destroys Coleman's ribs and enabled all this poo poo while losing that game in heart breaking fashion.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Doltos posted:

Freeman's scoring so much that I didn't even realize I owned the number two back in fantasy this year in my league. loving guy has Forte dwarfed by 70 points, didn't even start the season, and was offered to me in a trade to boot.

And of course my home team is the one that destroys Coleman's ribs and enabled all this poo poo while losing that game in heart breaking fashion.

It's ridiculous! In my scoring, he IS the #1 fantasy player beating out Dalton, Rodgers and Brady. Unheard of.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

:siren:I NEED HELP:siren:

I'm 1-5, 2 games back of the playoffs, and I'm hosed hard, I have both Brady and Rivers and have been trying to trade both of them to no avail. League is 12 teams, .5 PPR start QB/RBx2/WRx3/TE/FLEX

My roster is:

QB: Brady, Rivers
WR: Cooks, Matthews, Moncreif, James Jones, Marvin Jones, Stevie Johnson
RB: Peterson, Yeldon, West, Bradshaw
TE: Gilmore

A guy just offered me this trade:

GIVE: Brady, Cooks
GET: Ingram, Landry

Ideally, I'd rather trade Rivers, but he doesn't want him for whatever reason. I would also rather him give me AJ Green instead of Landry (He has OBJ, Green, Landry, Benjamin and Ingram, Martin, Miller, DJJ, and Starks) but he doesn't seem to want to budge there either.

I need to do something, my season is running out of time. Thoughts?

I would do it. Rivers means you still have a QB1, Landry is an improvement on Cooks and in the mix for being your best WR with Jones and Moncrief. Ingram is a big upgrade at RB2 as well. I like this for you a lot.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Shath Hole posted:

It's ridiculous! In my scoring, he IS the #1 fantasy player beating out Dalton, Rodgers and Brady. Unheard of.

I think Freeman is #1 overall in just about every format. What he was saying, I think, is that he didn't notice that his Forte was #2 RB just by how massively overshadowed he's been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I read somewhere that Atlanta currently has a 2 to 1 ratio for Rush to Pass TD atm, whereas the league average is completely opposite at 1.7 to 1 in favor of Pass to Rush TD. It's insane

• Locked thread