Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Riosan posted:

Nixon was hysterical, but for all the wrong reasons. He had no sense of humor at all, and had to be coached at his Laugh In appearance.

Yea but he went on it. Carson treating the office of the presidency as an at-all-times stoic position is pretty weird. Reagan was known for his jokes about the budget and russia, most of GWB's career was trying to come off as fun. He doesn't have a single modern candidate to base his dumb idea on.

That said SNL is dumb and I'm not watching it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ben Carson is Avant Garde as all hell

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Guys...

The main reason that Jeb!'s answer to "Who is your favorite Marvel Superhero" as Batman is stupid as poo poo is because Batman is a DC Superhero, not a Marvel one.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Devastating for his campaign, if true.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Thump! posted:

Guys...

The main reason that Jeb!'s answer to "Who is your favorite Marvel Superhero" as Batman is stupid as poo poo is because Batman is a DC Superhero, not a Marvel one.
I'm glad this was explained because it means now we can stop talking about comics.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Peachstapler posted:

I'm glad this was explained because it means now we can stop talking about comics.

Look, if he can't remember the difference between Marvel and DC, then how can we expect him to make the distinction between ISIL and Al-Qaeda?

This is serious stuff :colbert:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Thump! posted:

Guys...

i hope you sent this hot tip to the media

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Lotka Volterra posted:

Even your non-political opinions are awful, it's amazing.

SEC domination is not a matter of opinion.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ben Carson is Avant Garde as all hell

His schtick would work well for On Cinema or some other adult swim programming.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Sock it to me?

I actually love that clip, the audience reaction is very funny. But it's also amusing how Nixon had to be told "sock it to me" versus "sock it to me"

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 22, 2016

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Columba's the only, uh, well, supergirl for me.

I...

uh...

...what...

oh, superwoman.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Saying Batman is his favorite Marvel character is less damaging than picking Captain America right now. Cap' is the reich wing's #1 hated super hero right now.

Wouldn't surprise me if conservatives worldwide started hating on classic Hitler-punhcing Cap because a current leader of the Republican party primary thinks the Jews should have saved themselves with the 2nd Amendment and the Israeli Prime Minister blamed the holocaust on the Palestinians. Conservatives are getting into full on Nazi-apologism.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ben Carson's dark secret is that he saved each one of his patients by giving them a tiny bit of his own brain.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Tricky D posted:

SEC domination is not a matter of opinion.

Sorry but they're bad,

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

L-look, when I said that... uh... Supergirl was 'hot,' I just meant that she was really popular right now, not that she... um... y'know...has a bodacious bod. I clearly believe that...uh...um...my own wife...uh...Columba...is the best looking woman. I can still remember the day I first saw her. I'll never forget it. Back in...uh...back- in... was it?- No the other one. Back...whenever it was...in the twentieth century!

Ha! Seriously, though: their first meeting was romantic.

quote:

On the stump, Jeb Bush frequently recalls meeting his wife as a teenager in Mexico. On Saturday, Columba Bush told her side of the story.

He walked out of a white car the first time she saw him, she said. They went to the movies. In short order, he declared his love for her.

Her response? “I could not stop thinking of how tall he was!” she said, as the room broke into laughter. Jeb Bush is 6’4”. Columba Bush is 5’.

More seriously, she sent the kind of message that might resonate with Hispanic voters should she start appearing more often on the campaign trail.

“Jeb not only fell in love with me, but he also fell in love with my culture,” she said. “And I fell in love with his heart.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/elections-2016/jeb-bush/article39645780.html#storylink=cpy

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

iJeb!: Hey, do you want to see a movie with me?

Columba: Uh, sure.

iJeb!: I..I love you!

a total goon

For real this is super creepy. Who tells someone they love them on their first date?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

AngryBooch posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if conservatives worldwide started hating on classic Hitler-punhcing Cap because a current leader of the Republican party primary thinks the Jews should have saved themselves with the 2nd Amendment and the Israeli Prime Minister blamed the holocaust on the Palestinians. Conservatives are getting into full on Nazi-apologism.

No they're not.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Lotka Volterra posted:

For real this is super creepy. Who tells someone they love them on their first date?

It says 'in short order', not 'on that day'.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lotka Volterra posted:

It doesn't say he set it on the first date, just that he said it early on in the relationship. That's my interpretation, anyway.

He probably is a pretty nice guy, he just happens to be really bad at the family business.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
The Fredo-est Bush.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Seems like it worked for him, since they've been together for 45 years :shrug:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Love, mutual respect and being tall enough to impress people with your height are the three key ingredients to a succesful marriage.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Joementum posted:

Seems like it worked for him, since they've been together for 45 years :shrug:

YO WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Hooray! Joementum's back!

We promise not to constantly argue with you over Trump's chances if you keep the wit and wisdom coming.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

He did roughly 15000 brain surgeries during his career and made mistakes on something like six of them. It's incredibly disingenuous to try to paint Carson as a bad neurosurgeon. Demanding absolute perfection is unreasonable and childish.

Yeah, I'd really rather the left not resort to swiftboating, not to mention that his qualifications as a brain surgeon really shouldn't have that much effect on his qualifications to be President. Also his reputation probably meant he got more of the tougher cases, which nobody will hit 100% success on.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Not gonna lie have been really enjoying Trump's Pigeon Approach to campaigning

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
If Donald J Trump is responsible for clowning Jeb and Walker out, I will totally send him a fiver with the word CRUZ scrawled in blood on it

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

steinrokkan posted:

Ben Carson's dark secret is that he saved each one of his patients by giving them a tiny bit of his own brain.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Donald Trump to rivals: Give up your super PACs

quote:

"I have disavowed all Super PAC's, requested the return of all donations made to said PAC's, and I am calling on all Presidential candidates to do the same," Trump said.

Seems like a reasonable request, I am sure many of his fellow candidates will follow the billionaire mad-man's lead.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

taqueso posted:

It says 'in short order', not 'on that day'.

The way it's written it could be taken that way.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

He did roughly 15000 brain surgeries during his career and made mistakes on something like six of them. It's incredibly disingenuous to try to paint Carson as a bad neurosurgeon. Demanding absolute perfection is unreasonable and childish.

What's unreasonable and childish is 15,000 brain surgeries. That's a brain surgery a day, seven days a week, for 41 years.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

mooyashi posted:

If Donald J Trump is responsible for clowning Jeb and Walker out, I will totally send him a fiver with the word CRUZ scrawled in blood on it

Donald Trump: The Jaqen H'ghar of the GOP Presidential field.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I know it's only October but I really can't wait for Trump to go full out 'WAR ON CHRISTMAS." I just picture him packing Trump tower with the most obnoxious Christmas display of all time. MASSIVE inflatable Santa's, dazzling lights, a living nativity scene, loud Christmas music, everything.

Then when they ask the other candidates about Christmas, Ben Carson will lower his eyes... 7th Day Adventists don't celebrate Christmas.

And this is how Christmas will win Donald J Trump the Republican nomination.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

SnakePlissken posted:

What's unreasonable and childish is 15,000 brain surgeries. That's a brain surgery a day, seven days a week, for 41 years.

so what you're saying is the real total is closer to 6, and he hosed up 100% of them!??!?!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Breitbart: EMERGENCY ROYAL FAMILY MEETING: JEB TO MEET WITH FORMER PRESIDENTS BUSH 41, BUSH 43 IN HOUSTON AS CAMPAIGN STRUGGLES

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...aign-struggles/

Hahahahaha. Lord President Trump's War against the Bush machine is almost complete. The long, bloody retreat to Berlin is finished, and it's only a matter of time now.

And it took only a couple of months, far less time than Trump will have to destroy the Clinton machine.

• Locked thread