Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Medullah posted:

Yep, you only need to do class and planetary storylines while you're leveling.

Excellent. Now I can spend my last 2 hours at work deciding what to play. At least I'll play with goons this time so I'll have people to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The official forums were good for something after all - if you romanced a companion in 1-50, or Theron in SoR (Lana apparently doesn't do this), you get a letter from them in KotFE, and folks in the official forums assembled all of them. Lots of foreshadowing about what's happened to these characters, and honestly? There's some drat good writing, punching harder than Mass Effect 2's versions did. Mako's hit me especially hard.

I have serious reservations about KotFE's story, but I think the story itself and the characters are fine and pretty well-written.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

No, no, you misunderstand--I never planned to solo them, but how hard are they with a group of four? Can they be facerolled or do they basically require a balanced group that knows their roles ( :( )?

Anyone got that "NERDS" gif where the sign is burning?

Sorry. They're not really face rolls anymore but you don't need a group of 4 with tank/heals and 2 dps. BUT it does require people that know how to use cc (and not break it) and stuff like that. It's challenging in a good way (even if the HP needs toning down a bit IMO) and is good practice for "real" group content.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
so I'm stuck with my sith warrior, the story quest I'm on says "use the mine computer" and every time I do it says "not eligible for this conversation" and nothing I do fixes it, I put in a ticket but I've heard it can take days to get a reply

anyone know if there's something I can do to fix it? I've tried logging in and out, exiting and re-entering the instance and resetting it, beyond that I have no idea

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

cat doter posted:

so I'm stuck with my sith warrior, the story quest I'm on says "use the mine computer" and every time I do it says "not eligible for this conversation" and nothing I do fixes it, I put in a ticket but I've heard it can take days to get a reply

anyone know if there's something I can do to fix it? I've tried logging in and out, exiting and re-entering the instance and resetting it, beyond that I have no idea

Can you reset the quest?

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Cythereal posted:

(Lana apparently doesn't do this)

Makes sense, since she apparently spends a good part of those 5 years actively looking for you.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Casyl posted:

Can you reset the quest?

rest how? I can't abandon it or anything

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Gasoline posted:

Makes sense, since she apparently spends a good part of those 5 years actively looking for you.

I think it's more because she actually finds you and you catch up with her during the story. Many of the old romance options say they're still out there looking for you, or are actively going on a rampage against the Eternal Empire in revenge. Others... take it harder.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Cythereal posted:

The official forums were good for something after all - if you romanced a companion in 1-50, or Theron in SoR (Lana apparently doesn't do this), you get a letter from them in KotFE, and folks in the official forums assembled all of them. Lots of foreshadowing about what's happened to these characters, and honestly? There's some drat good writing, punching harder than Mass Effect 2's versions did. Mako's hit me especially hard.

I have serious reservations about KotFE's story, but I think the story itself and the characters are fine and pretty well-written.

Can you link the thread? I can't seem to find it and I can only take so much rummaging around in the OF, but this sounds really interesting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cat doter posted:

rest how? I can't abandon it or anything

There's a Reset button in the quest log.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Empress Theonora posted:

Can you link the thread? I can't seem to find it and I can only take so much rummaging around in the OF, but this sounds really interesting.

Here you go. There seem to be minor differences depending on whether you told the crew to run for it or stay and fight.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

There's a Reset button in the quest log.

oh for gently caress's sake are you serious? :negative:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

ok yep I had to exit the instance and reset the phase, but I was able to reset the quest

now I feel stupid

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

cat doter posted:

ok yep I had to exit the instance and reset the phase, but I was able to reset the quest

now I feel stupid

Don't. I wouldn't have known this if it wasn't for your post.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Can I come back now

is it safe

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

Can I come back now

is it safe

It was never safe.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

Can I come back now

is it safe

run away it's not too late

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Getting my crafting skills to 500 seems like a big waste of time.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cythereal posted:

Do they have the angry letters you get if you romance someone new in KotFE too?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Defiance Industries posted:

Do they have the angry letters you get if you romance someone new in KotFE too?

I've heard they do if you romanced Theron or Lana in SoR, but if so no one's posted them in the story/lore subforum, which is the only place on the official forums I usually visit.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Keshik posted:

FYI everyone I bought as many of these as I could afford off the GTN and relisted them all at 4x the prices, just logged in and my 4 million investment turned into 19 million.

For real guys this is going to a big moneymaker next week.

I have like 2600 hemostatic gels just sitting in my bank. Are you telling me my hoarding might actually pay off? Should I be selling these now?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I noticed that the game kept track of gear I got in the codex or somewhere. Can I share those items between characters in my legacy or would they have to buy it themselves as well?

Also if anyone can give me a way to buy the cyborg arm armor that used to be in the Bounty Hunter Pack I would appreciate it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Another question, if you Romance someone in the 1-60 levels, and then stay loyal to them, will they still break up with you

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Spikeguy posted:

Another question, if you Romance someone in the 1-60 levels, and then stay loyal to them, will they still break up with you

No, but they're MIA and send a letter in KOTFE like I said.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Cythereal posted:

I've heard they do if you romanced Theron or Lana in SoR, but if so no one's posted them in the story/lore subforum, which is the only place on the official forums I usually visit.

I had 4 chars stay loyal, 3 romance Lana, and one who's hoping Senya's an option...none have received mails from my original romance save the first one. Disappointing really.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Some scattered thoughts..

Last night I realized they doubled the max scooting distance on decoration hooks. I spent a couple hours just fixing stuff in my stronghold that never aligned quite right. Felt really good. Thanks, Bioware!

Pro tip: You can quick travel directly to just about any planet if you have a weekly heroics terminal nearby. I've been grinding some bounty missions, because they added some really awesome decorations to the bounty brokers vendors, and I'm a whore for decorations. My new method is pick a bounty mission, go to terminal, grab a heroic on the same planet, teleport to the heroic, do the heroic (cause it takes like 5 minutes) then do the bounty mission and teleport back to fleet.

I'm glad they brought back the Chevin vendor - with new stuff, even - and that you can use more recent currency to buy their stuff... but you need SO MUCH of all of it, and a lot of the newer currency is just as unavailable as the Chevin stuff was. I hope they're planning to bring back the rakghoul and Gree events soon, because I want the new stuff those vendors are selling. If I had known it was actually worthwhile to hoard those tokens I would have done so!

The game is kind of stupidly easy now due to overpowered companions, but I'm cool with it. I'm realizing more and more that I'm not in this poo poo for the challenging gameplay. I put in my years proving that I can hit my buttons. I'm glad I can still go to low-level planets and wreck poo poo. I'm glad I can solo heroics if my buddies aren't online. I like being able to focus on the story and characters and not worry too much about the techy stuff. Basically everything feels like the original solo mode flashpoints, now, and I liked those. I wouldn't be surprised, or too upset, if there was a nerf to companions, but I'm fine with the status quo right now.

I love that you can recruit so many random weird aliens for your alliance. The combination of canned alien chatter and un-voiced character dialogue is less cool than the big bold cinematic storytelling stuff, but it sure has let the writers run wild with their ideas.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I love that you can recruit so many random weird aliens for your alliance. The combination of canned alien chatter and un-voiced character dialogue is less cool than the big bold cinematic storytelling stuff, but it sure has let the writers run wild with their ideas.

Yeah, at first I was like "well that's cheap" when I got the ~~Classic Conversation~~ stuff in chapter 9, but then I realized it gives them the freedom to create new content on the reg without having to call 16 voice actors back into the studio (or pull from pre-recorded lines which would be jarring too) so I'm fine with it. Not a big deal.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
For some reason I spent a bunch of gifts raising Makos affection to like 40k. I know I'll lose her when I start the expansion story but do I get her back with affection intact later or was it completely wasted?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Estraysian posted:

For some reason I spent a bunch of gifts raising Makos affection to like 40k. I know I'll lose her when I start the expansion story but do I get her back with affection intact later or was it completely wasted?

Spoilers Don't know. Mako isn't one of the companions that returns during chapters 1-9 or the recruitment missions, so the only way to get her back is the currently bugged terminal

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Turbl posted:

I have like 2600 hemostatic gels just sitting in my bank. Are you telling me my hoarding might actually pay off? Should I be selling these now?

I'm selling now and making quite a bit of money. I think waiting to next week might be a risk, might make you more, but it's your call.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Cythereal posted:

I romanced Quinn and Lana and plan on sticking with Lana in KotFE, so I'll make a post if the letter I get is any different from the one in that thread.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Don't cheat on your space girlfriends.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It'll be hilarious if the characters you could marry send you your divorce papers in a holotext.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

sassassin posted:

Don't cheat on your space girlfriends.

Maybe my space girlfriend shouldn't stop giving me dialogue options after we got married. We haven't talked in like 4 years.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't have anyone I've beaten the previous story with. Is it worth just grabbing a fresh new 60 for this?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Spikeguy posted:

It'll be hilarious if the characters you could marry send you your divorce papers in a holotext.

The Trooper, at least, is said to be officially marked as Killed In Action by the Republic military so it's a bunch of widows and widowers finding out about their late spouse's affair. :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So hey, I am sick and tired of the launcher being awful and just plain not working for me the past few weeks. I saw someone mention there is a way to reinstall the game without bitraider and this makes things better. Does anyone happen to have the instructions on how to do so?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Eimi posted:

So hey, I am sick and tired of the launcher being awful and just plain not working for me the past few weeks. I saw someone mention there is a way to reinstall the game without bitraider and this makes things better. Does anyone happen to have the instructions on how to do so?

quote:

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\"}"
, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.
Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Awesome, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Inquisitor spoiler from the end of chapter 1/beginning of chapter 2 -

Edit - I didn't cheat on her at all during KOTFE, but I can't remember if I kissed Lana during SoR. She's gonna go all dark side on the eternal empire!

• Locked thread