Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So any news on if there really are any special Skaven they were not included in the beta? I kept seeing people say that but never saw anything official about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
So my first run on normal with pubbies. Horn of Magnus, things looked great until that first courtyard. 5 commanders, 2 assassins, and one of them Globediers(sp?). Second run, Just past pig pens - Big rear end Rat dude, 2 gutter dudes and a ratling gun.

Finally got done with it not too long ago, got an axe for the witch hunter 😐

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Delacroix posted:

A few things (CEO is currently painting lizardmen, animators would like to see lizardmen :toot:) mentioned in the livestream:

It was a little on the light side but the CEO was insistent that future content is still up for discussion and that they're paying attention to the community. Facial hair is also dynamic, apparently!

With how hard they've been busting their balls over bug fixes and stuff during the betas I'll definitely give a look into future dlc. Game is fun.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So any news on if there really are any special Skaven they were not included in the beta? I kept seeing people say that but never saw anything official about it

Yep I know they put out the Doom Wheels and other things are in the full game. Can't find the list I was looking at but there a definitely more. Also during on of the Q&A's the talked about adding in some chaos stuff too!

I hope they do add a higher tier of weapons. I quickly acquired a stack of crappy oranges last night.

Raged fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 23, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Saint Freak posted:

My first run of Wizard Tower we had in the staircase behind the bookshelf you activate at the start:

Rat horde
Rat Ogre
Storm Vermin Squad
Packmaster that clipped through the bookshelf and dragged the person that went to open it through the wall and into the middle of them

Not sure what you're supposed to do about that.

pray you get bombs.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Raged posted:

I hope they do add a higher tier of weapons. I quickly acquired a stack of crappy oranges last night.

Ooh look at Mr. Not-Decked-Out-In-Greens here

E. But seriously isn't there a red tier above orange?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

DreamShipWrecked posted:

if there is, you can't grind oranges into them. or salvage oranges. or do anything with them

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Vargs posted:

You could always hit the chandelier in the tavern. If you didn't spend at least 3 hours total playtime during beta smacking the tavern chandelier and sausage around, then I don't know what you're doing with your life and want no part of it.

I liked to beat the plate of eggs by the forge and watch it make splashy effects.

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

What do you mean I'm not on the list?

Raged posted:

Yep I know they put out the Doom Wheels and other things are in the full game. Can't find the list I was looking at but there a definitely more. Also during on of the Q&A's the talked about adding in some chaos stuff too!

The doom wheels are just an objective in one mission, they don't move or do anything.

I played through the entire game on Normal and didn't see any new specials, in fact my one complaint right now is that it was mostly more of the same. Wizard's Tower is by far the most inventive level and there's just a lot of sewers and towns and carry the kegs and cut these ropes going on for the rest of the game.

Final level spoilers: Even the final level is literally just "carry the kegs, cut the ropes" rehashed again with some lightning thrown at you. It was really anticlimactic and the whole group was surprised at it being so disappointing.

All the complaints about it being samey aside, I'm really enjoying it and am looking forward to moving on to Nightmare.

E: I feel like I should clarify before I get jumped: I understand it's a game set in and under a city, I wasn't expecting anything exotic. I'm only a little disappointed that with the exception of Wizard's Tower, Engines of War, and Garden of Morr, the rest of the levels are all minor variations on things you've seen in your first 30 minutes of the game. Those three levels shine above all the others because not only are they unique setpieces, they're creatively designed and force a different approach than "check every house, keep moving up stairs". I really like this game and I would not consider the level design a failure.

Sloane fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 23, 2015

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Friendly reminder to new players joining us. Join the Goonintide group on steam and hang out in chat to play with goons.

Also install mumble and join the CTS mumble (info can be found in the PGS forum). Remember if you aren't playing with goons or friends then you are doing it wrong.

Most of us are really friendly with new people and have no problem helping you learn the game.

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
Last night's experiments were hilarious.

When I could not find goons to play with, I touched the pubbie stove. I joined to the very end of a map, I did not get a chance to play, I went immediately to the loot screen.
Sure, I'm not going to use that green hammer for anything, but what a loving miracle.

I also tried playing a game without pubbies. The bots were boring but sufficient, up until the point where the Rat Ogre punched me out on the elevator platform up to the Horn. My AI teammates were happy to stand in a cluster around me after killing the Ogre, watching me die. They just could not pick me up when I was laying in the corner of the platform. :shrug:

In one of our Goon games on Hard Horn of Magnus, a globadier popped out in the middle of a Stormvermin patrol while we hid in a building, and threw a perfect poison gas bomb that went right into our building.
And then the loving Stormvermin all charge in! Fortunately, close quarters + player-thrown bomb = dead rats. We limped out of that fight bitching profusely, but alive.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yup, there's a red tier. The devs are convinced no one should have one yet, barring insane poopsockers.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Grenade spec new meta. Someday the stars will align and I'll get to toss 8 of them in a row.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Red is only for hats though

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Delacroix posted:

Yup, there's a red tier. The devs are convinced no one should have one yet, barring insane poopsockers.

Does that mean they only drop based on level-up rewards, rather than loot rolls?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Delacroix posted:

A few things (CEO is currently painting lizardmen, animators would like to see lizardmen :toot:) mentioned in the livestream:

It was a little on the light side but the CEO was insistent that future content is still up for discussion and that they're paying attention to the community. Facial hair is also dynamic, apparently!

The CEO plays lizardmen in bloodbowl too. Was chatting to their support guy when I thought it was my hardware config that was breaking the game. I hope the guy forces them in.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
My first run after official launch results in:

I'm so sad :(

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

wylker posted:

My first run after official launch results in:

I'm so sad :(

Verify the files via steam?

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Fayk posted:

Verify the files via steam?

I'm reinstalling, but it already did this for launch day. I had a 13gb download while I was at work today. Hopefully a full removal + install will fix it. I'll report back I guess.

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
That has happened to me a couple of times. Verifying the files fixed it for me.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Is this game worth $30 and will my 2500K/660Ti run it decently? Or should I wait for a sale and/or to upgrade my rig?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

spasticColon posted:

Is this game worth $30 and will my 2500K/660Ti run it decently?

Yes

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
is it just me or did the game get harder?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

spasticColon posted:

Is this game worth $30 and will my 2500K/660Ti run it decently? Or should I wait for a sale and/or to upgrade my rig?

It will run OK. I have the same setup and get no frame drops in KF2 at high settings. In this game the Bright Wizard causes lots of framerate dips for me at medium to low.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Al Borland posted:

is it just me or did the game get harder?

Whenever we complain about the game being unfair, they increase packmaster spawn rates by 5%.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Skandranon posted:

Whenever we complain about the game being unfair, they increase packmaster spawn rates by 5%.

lol the only rat i hate with a passion is the grabber rats as they always come with loving swarms.

E:
I had ag roup of 3 new people i was trying to do normal with and oh my god if hook rats didn't wipe them about 8 times it was the patrol that did the rest :smith:

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Reinstalling fixed my error - all is well again.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Al Borland posted:

lol the only rat i hate with a passion is the grabber rats as they always come with loving swarms.

E:
I had ag roup of 3 new people i was trying to do normal with and oh my god if hook rats didn't wipe them about 8 times it was the patrol that did the rest :smith:

Just wait till the first free DLC, which will also include 'tactical teams', like in Payday. But instead of in Payday when no one cared, it'll be horde followed by 2 Packmasters backed up directly by a Stormvermin patrol.

Also gutter runners jumping around while gattling rats fire from overlapping fire positions.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The first mutation ever released will be Packed With Rats and it will replaced every normal Skaven with a Packmaster

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The first mutation ever released will be Packed With Rats and it will replaced every normal Skaven with a Packmaster

It's called the "Clan Moulder Strikes Back" nothing but packmasters and rat ogres.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I dont know posted:

It's called the "Clan Moulder Strikes Back" nothing but packmasters and rat ogres.

Replace all Rat Ogres with the Hellpit Abominations.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

alg posted:

It will run OK. I have the same setup and get no frame drops in KF2 at high settings. In this game the Bright Wizard causes lots of framerate dips for me at medium to low.

Does the game still look pretty at medium settings? Maybe I'll just wait until I upgrade...which won't be until I get my tax refund early next year.

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Night10194 posted:

Replace all Rat Ogres with the Hellpit Abominations.

I'd be pretty legit psyched about this

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Wheat and chaff is hard on normal and impossible on hard.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Tokubetsu posted:

Its doable if you bring two people with handguns to take out the massive amounts of stormvermin and specials that will spawn constantly. Also, i think a rat ogre is guaranteed on that level so prepare accordingly.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Tokubetsu posted:

I just tried it with bots because pubbies couldn't even get one bag. I made it halfway before we got flanked by four stormvermin, a gunner, and a gas rat (in a mini-horde). We had 6 special kills (ogre, 1 gas rat, 2 gunners, and 2 assassins), and 25 stormvermin kills. On normal.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am glad there is a level with a bunch of storm vermin. Makes a single target high damage spec useful.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
While this is downloading, does anyone have some basic "how to not be a complete poo poo" tips? I played L4D and L4D2 so have some idea about things like "don't run off into the woods screaming about how nobody is supporting you" and "everyone jump off gaps at the same time" but its been a while and I hate being a stupid pubbie who doesn't know where the block button is, or whatever (or in L4D1's case, that you can beat everything by hiding in a closet and holding melee/autoshotgun)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Blocking helps a lot. Never forget to block and push rats over to get yourself some space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
ran through the missions with fellow goons on normal, had a good time. Normal is pretty easy and I'm surprised people can have problems with it; nobody died once during our run through.

Pretty solid missions, though. No really new mission types, though; lots of barrel shifting and chain smashing antics all around.

e: Further "how not to be poo poo" tips; mind your positioning and move around during your attacks. if you're charging an attack, you shouldnt let yourself be in range of your enemies until you swing. Blocking is great, but the best way to not get hit is to not be there.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 24, 2015

• Locked thread