Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Smith Comma John posted:

What, you don't want your bare boobs out beneath some metal neck spikes?

despite my overwhelming urge for self-flagellation i will Avoid That, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Smith Comma John posted:

armor and weapons from the actual game instead of your wallet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3px5h0/look_at_the_new_awesome_collections_including/

Bladed armor is amazingly over-the-top, Leystone armor looks awful, more meh glowy weapons.

e: I'm the skull mask with razor blades taped to the front

I don't mind the light Leystone armor (male version, at least), though I'm curious how dyes affect it and the shoulders/headgear parts are terrible.

I kind of want the heavy Leystone for my eventual Revenant.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 23, 2015

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

The heavy leystone helm is rad as hell

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Revenant pictures

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well boob tops for light armor casters seem pretty popular.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Schpyder posted:

The heavy leystone helm is rad as hell

I like the heavy leystone set, looks hosed up and undead.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Alteisen posted:

Well boob tops for light armor casters seem pretty popular.

the titty window is where a mage focuses her powers

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
the whole scrappers can rez allies with a drone thing doesn't seem to be working for me at all.

i'm sure people appreciate my staring blankly at their floundering corpse asses as monsters tear them apart though, so it's cool.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Dulfy has a guild hall claiming guide out already ( :psyduck: ), so members of Goon Squad that want to take part in the guild hall claiming next Friday please make sure you can either get to the forgotten city in Auric Basin, or have a teleport to friend item you can use! We will make sure to have a mesmer with the required mastery (probably me) to port people past the invisible wall.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
So how much time in filthy-casual-hours is it taking to fully unlock the elite specs? I want to flip around and whack things with a stick like Rafiki from the Lion King.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

brainSnakes posted:

the whole scrappers can rez allies with a drone thing doesn't seem to be working for me at all.

i'm sure people appreciate my staring blankly at their floundering corpse asses as monsters tear them apart though, so it's cool.

Are you trying to do it while it's on cooldown? Function Gyro has a 20s CD.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I was already once invited before to the goon squad guild how do I get an invite back? Re-post in the authorization thread with all the info required?

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
it has never once procced for me, so i can't imagine the problem is it being on cooldown. i can get into melee range and regular rez folks, but the gyro ain't doing poo poo.

edit for a thought. i've been playing in action camera mode all day. i wonder if that's the problem. i'll test.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Goon Squad world first autoloot and fractal masteries

fractal mastery unlocks a teleport to a special island in the fractal lobby, where you can buy things to make your pink rings even pinker. the upgrade itself is dirt cheap, and the special vendor also sells extractors for 24s so you don't have to gem store to get your poo poo out of your rings

mistlock singularities are things you can interact with in the fractals themselves. they grant a buff that gives you +5 AR and the next time you would go down it negates the down and gives you back 25% hp

Kessel fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 23, 2015

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Cool expansion, masteries are neat, gliding is great, action camera owns. Enemies could definitely use a major HP nerf tho.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Harrow posted:

How so? Is it grindy in an "the expansion has been out for 12 hours, why don't I have max gliding yet?" kind of way, or in a more long-term, things-cost-way-too-loving-much way?

The elite specs are a per-alt grind that actually does seem as long as the doom and gloomy people were fearing when they revealed how much they would cost. The mastery system is account-wide, but is somewhat back-loaded in that it's a pain to get your first few points, but that's once per account and get significantly easier once you get most of the major movement options.

Plus, in the much shorter but more common term, a lot of the jungle events themselves are pretty collect 10 bear asses -y, but that's nothing new compared to the core game.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The mastery points themselves are okay; it's the obscene amount of experience required to train masteries that isn't.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Waci posted:

The elite specs are a per-alt grind that actually does seem as long as the doom and gloomy people were fearing when they revealed how much they would cost. The mastery system is account-wide, but is somewhat back-loaded in that it's a pain to get your first few points, but that's once per account and get significantly easier once you get most of the major movement options.

Yeah, that's not ok :( I'm bummed I won't be able to get a lot of elite specs on my alts, I simply don't play enough.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Going nuts on a power staff Revenant and loving every second of it.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Lots of really fun stuff going on but MAN the grind is really really bad. Masteries take for loving ever.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Lots of really fun stuff going on but MAN the grind is really really bad. Masteries take for loving ever.

The last tier for some of the Pact masteries is five million XP. Good luck with that now that dungeons are gone.

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend
I'm upset for pre-ordering this expansion. They gutted Fractals and Dungeons and there are no new ones for us to run. The new specs and masteries are super cool, but getting them is grindy as hell! I hate the new zones with all those layers and it's super confusing and annoying getting to places, even with a glider and the mushroom jump thing. The mobs are all tuned for big groups of people I guess, so they have tons of HP. This expansion to me, is just annoying to play. I'm disappointed and I'm usually stoked playing expansions on all the MMOs I usually play.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
But guys...

Video game goals something low hanging fruit something

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Can any one do a tiny effort post on what non-HoT people can enjoy post patch?

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Can any one do a tiny effort post on what non-HoT people can enjoy post patch?

Not having the luxury of grinding for bullshit.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
The halloween event.
The new borderlands.
Some new armor stats.
New guild stuff...but i dont think you can participate in the claiming of the hall.
New ways to spend your money in the bltc.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Also Stronghold in SPvP, if MOBA lite is your thing.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
That's actually a whole bunch of free, cool stuff. Thanks.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Elite specialization that requires 400 hero points per character, Mastery that requires lots of hours leveling up and getting mastery points (at least it's per account), etc etc. Sure if you have plenty of time to play then they wouldn't be a problem, but for me everything about expansion just screams 'lol get hosed casual scum'.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If I play three hours a week will I be able to get that stuff within the year? Like, I don't care if I get them right away; do people feel entitled to max out the expansion by the end of the month or something

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If I play three hours a week will I be able to get that stuff within the year?

Probably not.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

do people feel entitled to max out the expansion by the end of the month or something

All the fun stuff is locked behind a shitload of grinding, so like I mean if you love grinding for that year go for it but yea. Most people probably wanted to actually play the elite specs during the expansion content, not after it.
Also there is a whole lot of content gated behind masteries, stuff which seems like it might be fun but I wont know for at least a month (most likely longer because I am already rather turned off).

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 24, 2015

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

You know, I'm sure after a few months of play these grinds won't seem bad.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

The masteries are grindy but account wide, so forgivable imo. The per character elite spec grind is gonna be brutal when taking alts into account. Imagine years later when there's 2-3 a profession :)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Why not just, like, not have an excessive grind to go do fun things? Kind of like Guild Wars 1?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aesis posted:

Elite specialization that requires 400 hero points per character, Mastery that requires lots of hours leveling up and getting mastery points (at least it's per account), etc etc. Sure if you have plenty of time to play then they wouldn't be a problem, but for me everything about expansion just screams 'lol get hosed casual scum'.

That's the one part that bothers me, gonna have to just focus on my ranger for now, shame cause I love my warrior.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Kessel posted:

The last tier for some of the Pact masteries is five million XP. Good luck with that now that dungeons are gone.
I jumped into the Halloween area cause I figured I could get xp and do the seasonal event at the same time then found out you can't gain xp for masteries in the Halloween area lol

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Kessel posted:

fractal mastery unlocks a teleport to a special island in the fractal lobby, where you can buy things to make your pink rings even pinker. the upgrade itself is dirt cheap, and the special vendor also sells extractors for 24s so you don't have to gem store to get your poo poo out of your rings

Wish this and the fractal backpack weren't locked behind masteries, and therefore inaccessible to anyone without HoT.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Insert name here posted:

I jumped into the Halloween area cause I figured I could get xp and do the seasonal event at the same time then found out you can't gain xp for masteries in the Halloween area lol

Seriously? Not even the Tyria masteries?

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Seriously? Not even the Tyria masteries?

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Halloween-Event-Info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Incidentally the activated Aegis duration is less than the dragonhunter F3 cooldown, so you can kiss goodbye to guardian screenshots being ruined forever

• Locked thread