Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have only enjoyed that game on pc. I can't imagine the fail of playing it on less than a 40"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Dodoman posted:

it is on PC as well

meant in iOS circles will not run on an iPhony

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poty posted:

ftl is good but youll be beating it easily within 6-8 hours and theres not much point in playing afterwards

buy as many missiles as you can and use as few as possible

tbf that is a large amount of time to play a game and good value if you get that much out of something that price

my game I am making is lucky to have 5 minutes play time

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
i have 20 hours in that game and haven't beaten it. i guess you could beat the easiest difficulty in 6 hours but if you beat normal in that time you got lucky.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

it's also got several different ships and a hard mode and basically, poty is a lying idiot

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i suck rear end at FTL because of my low IQ

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
http://www.androidauthority.com/blind-camera-shootout-winner-650299/

android authority (lol) readers pick the iphone 6s to be the best smartphone camera. not sure how big of a compliment that is really since these people like android enough to spend their time on a site called android authority

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I defeated the last boss by the skin of my teeth and the he's all like I got another form and I unplugged my computer for a day and a half

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Amethyst posted:

it's also got several different ships and a hard mode and basically, poty is a lying idiot

uhhh so you can play with a shorter health bar or switch the location of the cockpit and the medical bay. in the their own words: ftl

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

poty posted:

uhhh so you can play with a shorter health bar or switch the location of the cockpit and the medical bay. in the their own words: ftl

ok cool so you clearly haven't actually played the game that much at all.

there is a stealth ship, a ship with a single engineer and no other crew, tons of interesting challenge mode ships.

nobody listen to poty about anything ever. it's clear he made that "recommendation" purely so he could slip in the idea that he beat the game in the dumbass hope that it would give his fail rear end some cred. lol

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

poty posted:

you should play it again because there's heaps more content than 6 hours

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Amethyst posted:

ok cool so you clearly haven't actually played the game that much at all.

there is a stealth ship, a ship with a single engineer and no other crew, tons of interesting challenge mode ships.

nobody listen to poty about anything ever. it's clear he made that "recommendation" purely so he could slip in the idea that he beat the game in the dumbass hope that it would give his fail rear end some cred. lol

:owned:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
whenever i get the urge to play ftl or other roguelikes i just use a random number generator set between 1-100 and treat results above 80 the same as a "win" in those games

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ftl is a roguelikelike tho

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wow guys theres no need to get jealous about beating ftl quickly. i dont consider it any sort of achievement. probably because it was so easy. but the point is that i didnt even play the mode where you can only use your left hand and you have no shields and you cant buy supplies because your credit score is bad and youre hitler so

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

poty posted:

wow guys theres no need to get jealous about beating ftl quickly. i dont consider it any sort of achievement. probably because it was so easy. but the point is that i didnt even play the mode where you can only use your left hand and you have no shields and you cant buy supplies because your credit score is bad and youre hitler so

beating the game on the easiest difficulty isn't much of an achievement, correct.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

there isn't much point playing Super Mario Bros past world 1. I mean sure, the princess SAYS she's in another castle but is it really that different?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

poty posted:

it's good for people of low skill and patience to have achievable goals :)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I get bored of games real quick so it's good if I don't have to slog to achieve something

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
i like the ship which doesn't require oxygen, makes my life that much easier when fires start breaking out all over the place.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Dodoman posted:

i like the ship which doesn't require oxygen, makes my life that much easier when fires start breaking out all over the place.

you heard it here first folks: guy with fishmech avatar finds basic human functions inconvenient and complicated

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
the apple tv is finally for sale, i just ordered mine

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Perplx posted:

same

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm gonna wait to see if they show up in store today

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
went to the apple store yesterday to test out the macbook 12" keyboard to see if it's right for me. manager walks up to the one next to me to show a trainee how to do something, starts typing and immediately goes "god this is awful"

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
can anyone confirm/deny the relative terribleness of the macbook 12 keyboard?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Nelson MandEULA posted:

went to the apple store yesterday to test out the macbook 12" keyboard to see if it's right for me. manager walks up to the one next to me to show a trainee how to do something, starts typing and immediately goes "god this is awful"

he was probably commenting on your stench

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

plex, ship teh apple tv app

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

Nelson MandEULA posted:

can anyone confirm/deny the relative terribleness of the macbook 12 keyboard?

the reduced key travel takes some getting used to but after a few days I could use it just as well as the rMPB keyboard. wouldn't say I preferred it but it's fine

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

I just ordered an iPad :pray:

grats on becoming a fangirl

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Perplx posted:

no hdmi cable included

lmao

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

carry on then posted:

no hdmi cable included

lmao

just use the one from the apple tv 3 you're replacing

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

yeah tbh every house has like 10 hdmi cables sitting around now

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
I hope the apple tv gets lots of cool innovative apps and becomes the best device

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

I hope the apple tv gets lots of cool innovative apps and becomes the best device
i hope people buy the apps

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

me 2

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
ftl is cool because single playthroughs, win or lose, dont take too incredibly long. its relaxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
what's the best controller for Apple TV so I can play casual games on it like some Mario ripoff?

• Locked thread