Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Rough Lobster posted:

good on you for avoiding the dutch angle demon.

Seriously, though, great work on the costume!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

It takes some real guts to go all in on a cosplay like that.

:v:

That was pretty lame.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

That was pretty lame.

I still don't get it.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

BattleCattle posted:

I still don't get it.

The design of the cosplayed character Artorias is heavily influenced by the design of the character Guts from the manga Berserk.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Oh!

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Dark Souls in general is heavily influenced by Berzerk! Miyazaki, the director of Demon Souls and Dark Souls, is a really really big fan.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

:swoon: I never see Gunnm cosplay, this is great!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
great costume and makeup really sells it but miss what is that thing on your head?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

great costume and makeup really sells it but miss what is that thing on your head?

Lady Gaga's Merkin?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

All I can see is cyber Daria.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Slandible posted:

All I can see is cyber Jane.

Please surrender your '90's kid badge as you exit. Thank you.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

TenementFunster posted:

Accuracy

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
That is some serious Downward Spiral-era Trent Reznor hair.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
James Cameron still plans on doing a Battle Angel Alita movie, hopefully when he finishes with the giant blue cat people thing.

I think I'll read the manga, it looks interesting.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I heard the American Akira is now going or maybe not and will be a trilogy and the author of the Manga thinks that's a bad idea?

Ruuuuumor mill!
Can't wait for the new costumes.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Say Nothing posted:

James Cameron still plans on doing a Battle Angel Alita movie, hopefully when he finishes with the giant blue cat people thing.

I think he missed that boat and now everyone would assume he was ripping off Elysium.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Inzombiac posted:

I heard the American Akira is now going or maybe not and will be a trilogy and the author of the Manga thinks that's a bad idea?

Ruuuuumor mill!

American Akira is never happening. That thing will forever be punted into the long grass because no studio is willing to commit the money that'd need.

Not to mention it'd be garbage anyway, so it's no big loss.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ron Howard is going to beat them all with American Tiger & Bunny anyway

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
yes, a very accurate "Off Character Sheet Alita"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

American Akira is never happening. That thing will forever be punted into the long grass because no studio is willing to commit the money that'd need.

Not to mention it'd be garbage anyway, so it's no big loss.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2015/09/11/why-akira-could-be-christopher-nolans-next-film/

i'd have faith in a chris nolan akira

if nothing else the city would look incredible

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Next Ben Stiller project?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Gorilla Salad posted:

Next Ben Stiller project?

Spoilers for Zoolander 2

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inzombiac posted:

Ruuuuumor mill!

If it's going to draw from the manga, a trilogy's not really a bad thing if they split two volumes per movie. Even the original movie only makes up the first two or three volumes of the manga at best, and that was rushing a lot.

Noggahide
May 16, 2009
I am a piece of shit retard
This is a friend of mine, he won the costume contest at TFCon.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Noggahide posted:

That's amazing.
I had a powerwheelz cut up and ready to go but my costume wouldn't have looked nearly as good.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Noggahide posted:

As he well and loving should!

Noggahide
May 16, 2009
I am a piece of shit retard

VendaGoat posted:

As he well and loving should!

Here is his previous Transformers costume, of which he's won every costume contest he's entered with it thus far!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Noggahide posted:

That's very good (seriousposting as someone who watched the OG series). BUT WHERE DO I BUY THAT CARPET?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Obligatory "does it transform?"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Awesome transformers costume! I kinda feel bad for wanting a Prowl version with the eyes blacked out and all smokey from the movie though :(

In other news, I "get" cosplay celebrities are a thing, but this just had me laughing.

In like 85-95% of her photos she's making the EXACT same face. It's just... I dunno why it's hilarious to me but drat it's giving me giggle fits.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

In like 85-95% of her photos she's making the EXACT same face. It's just... I dunno why it's hilarious to me but drat it's giving me giggle fits.

Um....hmmmm. From experience.

People have set facial expressions for certain situations. The most easily and readily available is the "cheese" moment. There are also set stances, which the subject feels flatters them the best. You can google "Hand on hip" pose and get tons of examples. Then there are people whom will even take it a step further and observe themselves in a mirror to find their "best side" and present that, when an opportunity arises. This behavior can even go into observing oneself under different lighting conditions. Even further it can evolve into a desire to be seen and recorded in the most flattering way possible. Attention seeking is absolutely ingrained in humans.

Now that's one side of the spectrum.

The other end is the exact opposite behavior. "Don't take my picture, I'll break your camera", "No I don't photograph well" so on and so forth. Others will allow themselves to be recorded, but will knowingly attempt to self sabotage, in, what I can only guess, is a self fulfilling prophecy about their self image. People will look at a picture of themselves and say, "Oh I don't know how to smile", "Oh my crows feet look horrible" and so on.

It's really very interesting observing it all.

The point is. She's practiced that face, looking in a mirror and believes it is her "best look" and will default to it given an opportunity to do so. Your observation and the amusement from it is absolutely justified.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
http://i.imgur.com/lgcdG8V.webm

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Say Nothing posted:

If you read it then please, for the love of God, skip its sequels. They aren't terrible but the first series at least ends.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
O.k, got it.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Awesome transformers costume! I kinda feel bad for wanting a Prowl version with the eyes blacked out and all smokey from the movie though :(

In other news, I "get" cosplay celebrities are a thing, but this just had me laughing.

Is that a celebrity?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh my god. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

The reason that this is hilarious to you is because you're being weird. Don't be weird, please.

• Locked thread