Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Bump for depressing news for SA2k

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13956421/san-diego-chargers-mark-fabiani-says-team-file-relocation-los-angeles-january

Sorry, Ross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

*in philip rivers voice* worst day ever!!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
LA... It's not a good city...

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
:rip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNOfvyPpaM

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

LA... It's not a good city...

fly away, troll

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

San Diego will have enough time to fix that shithole of a stadium for when the LA Chargers bomb in ticket sales and move back

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

San Diego will have enough time to fix that shithole of a stadium for when the LA Chargers bomb in ticket sales and move back

That bridge will be napalmed by San Diego well before the Chargers ever get a chance to crash and burn in LA.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Quick, we need another rap song

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

lol if you think there's any universe where that city is caving in any way to any demands ever again if the Chargers crawl back to them after this

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Applying for relocation doesn't actually mean they'll get approved... Right??? :smith:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

lol if you think there's any universe where that city is caving in any way to any demands ever again if the Chargers crawl back to them after this
the Chargers could threaten to take comic con with them, then san diego would have nothing. NOTHING

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

all three teams are gonna file

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
If so I hope all three fall through

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This reminds me does anyone want to fight for the corn kernel I found in my turd

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Applying for relocation doesn't actually mean they'll get approved... Right??? :smith:

You probably don't make this announcement now if you haven't privately done your homework and found you have the votes or are close to having the votes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, we wouldn't have heard a word if they didn't know it was essentially already going to happen.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
this sucks for the chargers' season though. people talk about "locker room distractions" all the time, which i think is usually bullshit, however i think the prospect of playing in a completely different city next year is gonna gently caress with some people's heads.

also gonna probably lead to chargers fans in san diego acting like cleveland fans did when the browns moved. really sucks for them.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

axeil posted:

You probably don't make this announcement now if you haven't privately done your homework and found you have the votes or are close to having the votes.

Yes you do. It's a threat to San Diego that they need to get a deal done. This is also not something that's going to stay hidden for very long, so it's best for people to find out from the team. The Rams have also publicly stated their intention to move, and there's no deal on the table as far as I know that involves both the Rams and the Chargers. So somebody isn't sure they're going. I imagine the Raiders will say they intend to file as well once the deal is done with billionaire man.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Yeah, filing for relocation does not mean they're moving. It means that they're lined up to move if the NFL gives them the green light. The Rams and Raiders are gonna do the same thing

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Bolt up (the 5)!

I am the first person to make this joke, hope you enjoyed.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

It's way too crowded! I need my space!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It'll be good for the Chargers and charger fan(s?) when they move to a better city.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

It'll be good for the Chargers and charger fan(s?) when they move to a better city.

Sure, Chargers fan in San Diego, somehow a worse city than Inglewood, can move on with their lives and find a real team to root for, free from the shackles of having a hometown team finally.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Some will quit following the league altogether and be free from the shackles of this hellhole we're trapped in

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Some will quit following the league altogether and be free from the shackles of this hellhole we're trapped in

Then you find yourself like me. Drifting aimlessly. Unable to truly absorb myself in the drama of sport because I have no home town rooting interest. You can't be as good of a fan as someone who actually lives in the place, goes to the games and has their city breathe the team.

I cheer for Brady but I fear I will never get to see him play live. I want to see him play once in person before he retires and is instantly put in the hall of fame as a living exhibit

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

You don't want my life! If you have a team keep it! Shut down public foster programs if you have to!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Politicians don't care! The new Star Wars aren't canon! Nobody will remember you after you die!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

Then you find yourself like me. Drifting aimlessly. Unable to truly absorb myself in the drama of sport because I have no home town rooting interest. You can't be as good of a fan as someone who actually lives in the place, goes to the games and has their city breathe the team.

I cheer for Brady but I fear I will never get to see him play live. I want to see him play once in person before he retires and is instantly put in the hall of fame as a living exhibit

I have no hometown team, due to living on the wrong continent.

Do you know what I did?

I chose Buffalo.

So just remember: It could always be worse.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sweet thursday posted:

The only city I lived in that had a hometown team was Denver and all I got out of the deal was a bunch of stupid bullshit signs and bumper stickers about people I hate. I'm in the same boat when it comes to aussie rules though. I'll probably never get to watch a game of that live. Although I'd like to think if ever there was a Brady-esque figure in the game, I'd recognize him for the scumfuck piece of poo poo he is. So at least I have that going for me.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I wonder what happens when Oakland decides to throw the Raiders a bone and STL approves their new arena. All of a sudden the race for LA becomes moot and the Chargers have to confirm that they're going to LA purely because of a fancy new handout in spite of their fanbase.

Hopefully the Chargers leave and all of the locals decide to support the best team they have: THE GULLS. If the Chargers want to be a mediocre team in LA for a few years before the new car smell dissipates and their attendance plummets, so be it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chris James 2 posted:

I think they're obligated to become Packers fans

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zurreco posted:

I wonder what happens when Oakland decides to throw the Raiders a bone

well keep wondering what that would look like i guess

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
If the Chargers leave, my backup team is the Bills. Which means I never need to care about the NFL again.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Come on guys, join the Eagles bandwagon. No matter what happens, you will always have primetime NFC East games to watch.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Glass of Milk posted:

If the Chargers leave, my backup team is the Bills. Which means I never need to care about the NFL again.

So what you're saying is you don't have a backup team.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSC-rXed-I

Dick Enberg needs money. I like that stadium design, though. Too bad it will never happen.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Glass of Milk posted:

Dick Enberg needs money. I like that stadium design, though. Too bad it will never happen.

I love Dick Enberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Glass of Milk posted:

Looks dope. They should build that poo poo. This video made me want to live in San Diego.

• Locked thread