Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tiler Kiwi posted:

ran through the missions with fellow goons on normal, had a good time. Normal is pretty easy and I'm surprised people can have problems with it; nobody died once during our run through.

Pretty solid missions, though. No really new mission types, though; lots of barrel shifting and chain smashing antics all around.

The problem people have is with the specials. You have runs like yours where they're sane and things are pretty easy, and then you have

Stickman posted:

We had 6 special kills (ogre, 1 gas rat, 2 gunners, and 2 assassins), and 25 stormvermin kills. On normal.

now understand that there's nothing stopping those 6 special kills from coming at you all at once along with a horde summoned by the ogre and well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Coolguye posted:

The problem people have is with the specials. You have runs like yours where they're sane and things are pretty easy, and then you have

now understand that there's nothing stopping those 6 special kills from coming at you all at once along with a horde summoned by the ogre and well

Great, that's another 5% more packmasters. You'll kill us all!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

spasticColon posted:

Does the game still look pretty at medium settings? Maybe I'll just wait until I upgrade...which won't be until I get my tax refund early next year.

It looks alright.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Whats the goon steam group? Im sick of playing with pubbies and watching them do dumb things at the very end to gently caress me over.

Also I expect the next buy expansion physical copy to be actually packed with rats so when you open it out they jump out and bite your throat making you bleed out to death. Real hardcore.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

For people starting fresh, go into game play settings and turn the player outlines to "always show". The game is dark and loves hordes, plus there is the added bonus of being able to tell when your allies are at your side/behind you when you would have to turn and look otherwise.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Whats the goon steam group? Im sick of playing with pubbies and watching them do dumb things at the very end to gently caress me over.

Also I expect the next buy expansion physical copy to be actually packed with rats so when you open it out they jump out and bite your throat making you bleed out to death. Real hardcore.

It's gonnintide. Goon-in-tide, mind you, not goontide.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So do you need to complete the missions before you can unlock new ones? Because I've only got five missions on my screen.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone having trouble finding pubbies? A friend and I keep starting a match only to end up waiting a while then starting with bots because nobody joins the game.

Edit: I know, I know, don't play with pubbies.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The witch hunter pistols have some kind of random spread, don't they? I keep trying to use them to either pick off longer targets or quick hip-fire to kill things nearby, and the lack of consistently hitting where I'm firing is starting to get annoying.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

AegisP posted:

The witch hunter pistols have some kind of random spread, don't they? I keep trying to use them to either pick off longer targets or quick hip-fire to kill things nearby, and the lack of consistently hitting where I'm firing is starting to get annoying.

They have a spread, like most guns do in most games.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

The first shot is super accurate to a certain range though.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

explosivo posted:

Anyone having trouble finding pubbies? A friend and I keep starting a match only to end up waiting a while then starting with bots because nobody joins the game.

Edit: I know, I know, don't play with pubbies.

Are you the elf? 'Cause there's always an elf on every team and it's hard to matchmake with as a party.

Arcsquad12 posted:

So do you need to complete the missions before you can unlock new ones? Because I've only got five missions on my screen.

Yes, they unlock in batches after you've done every one in the last batch.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 24, 2015

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Donnerberg posted:

Are you the elf? 'Cause there's always an elf on every team and it's hard to matchmake with as a party.

That's a good point. My friend is!

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
Anyone running this on a 970 and i3570k or similar? Have they improved the optimization at all since beta started?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

stanislaus posted:

Anyone running this on a 970 and i3570k or similar? Have they improved the optimization at all since beta started?

Still waiting on Nvidia to put out some drivers for this game. It runs pretty good but there are definitely places where your FPS will still tank, especially if there's a lot of particle effects flying.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
Since the launch, my friends and I can't join each other's games. It thinks for a bit and then says 'broken connection' and fails. Anyone seen this or have a solution? We could play together fine before the launch day patch.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hammer and shield Dwarf is so effective it's almost boring.
3 hit, shield smash, 3 hits, shield smash. Perfect rhythm for stemming the tide.

I play on Hard for everything now and have yet to have a blue drop. Kill me.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Got me a fish trinket! 15% chance to not consume droughts or medkits when used :D

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

The graveyard, and by extension the rest of the game, has a very adequate skeleton-to-map-geometry ratio. There is hardly an area in the game that doesn't harbor a shelf-skull or two.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

ChickenHeart posted:

The graveyard, and by extension the rest of the game, has a very adequate skeleton-to-map-geometry ratio. There is hardly an area in the game that doesn't harbor a shelf-skull or two.

If a Warhammer-themed game doesn't utilize every bone of the skeleton at some point, then GW won't vet it.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Wheat and Chaff is amazing. We had a Rat Ogre spawn in the opening cutscene, then a second thirty seconds after it was dead.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

raverrn posted:

Wheat and Chaff is amazing. We had a Rat Ogre spawn in the opening cutscene, then a second thirty seconds after it was dead.

We just had this.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The white rat map is the only map I have had to give up on so far. So easy to get bogged down and murdered.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

spasticColon posted:

Does the game still look pretty at medium settings? Maybe I'll just wait until I upgrade...which won't be until I get my tax refund early next year.

It looks pretty good at low settings

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I switched down to low settings to smooth out my framerate as much as possible (gotta get those MLG quickscope gasrat headshots, yo) and it hardly looks any different, aside from the characters' faces which are hideous abominations with everything set to minimum. But you never look at those anyways.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Just finished everything through Garden of Morr, and goddamn the new levels are very distinctive and awesome. I love the spooky graveyard full of Mr. Skeltals and all the skulls. This is my submission for Skull of the Week (I missed screenshotting my real favorite but I'll post that next time I go through the level).

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I enjoyed the skull roasting on the skull-shaped grill

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Garden of Moor Skulls

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Moor Skulls, Lord of Skullhammer and licensed phrenologist, finished the blueprint with a final flourish of his bone-white, skull-topped fountain pen. Placing it gently in the skull-shaped inkwell, he lifted himself out of his skeleton rocking chair to look out the window into his garden. No... he thought, staring into the distance through the eye-socket of his skull-shaped windows. No...This will not do.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
gently caress Black Powder.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Tips for hunting witches? The rapier seems amazing so far if you just take a second to use the charged stab and are good with pushes, especially at murdering storm vermin. I'm okay with the pistol that comes with it, but the dual pistols have, so far, been fairly underwhelming. They don't have the damage output when fired slowly or the aim when fired quickly and I keep finding myself missing a ton of shots. Aim better? Or get a different set of ranged weapons?

e: And holding right click brings up a second pistol but doesn't seem to aim/fire differently. What am I being completely dumb and missing?

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 24, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

We got jumped by a rat ogre, a gunner, a gutter runner, a packmaster, and a globadier in the same encounter, new Specials just funneling in one after another.

Winning that fight was loving awesome.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

FrancoFish posted:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It feels really satisfying to one-shot headshot kill Gatling Rats and occasionally Stormvermin with the starting dwarf white crossbow.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Anyone have a fix for version mistmatch error? I've tried verifying and restarting my computer, now backing up files and going for a reinstall. Just wondering if anyone here has encountered this crash.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ravenfood posted:

Tips for hunting witches? The rapier seems amazing so far if you just take a second to use the charged stab and are good with pushes, especially at murdering storm vermin. I'm okay with the pistol that comes with it, but the dual pistols have, so far, been fairly underwhelming. They don't have the damage output when fired slowly or the aim when fired quickly and I keep finding myself missing a ton of shots. Aim better? Or get a different set of ranged weapons?

e: And holding right click brings up a second pistol but doesn't seem to aim/fire differently. What am I being completely dumb and missing?

You get a small amount of accuracy when crouching (according to the crosshairs anyway). I think the right click thing makes you fire both pistols at once? I usually don't even bother with pushing with the rapier. Just circle strafing and dodging backwards/blocking occasionally lets you slaughter rats en masse with your non-charged attack.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Jesus christ, gently caress Black Powder. The bots are too dumb to do it, and the pubbies are dumber. gently caress that map. gently caress IT.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I've gotten further on the white rat map with 3 bots on hard than I have with any group of players yet.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

We just had an incredibly smooth Black Powder run on Hard despite having two super new dudes, and then the ship bugged out and wouldn't let us end the mission no matter what we tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Ravenfood posted:

It seems like the rapid fire is mostly for "OH gently caress RAT OGRE" moments, although I've used it to decent effect on globadiers and ratling gunners. Basically any large and/or stationary target will do.

My ranged weapon question, however is: what is the deal with the elf's longbow? Maybe I'm expecting it to be something it's not, but it seems woefully inaccurate compared to the witch hunter's pistols. Like, with the pistols I'm a headshot superstar while also being highly mobile, but the longbow requires aiming and still doesn't seem to have the accuracy of the pistols, even at a similar mid-range. It's likely I'm just not used to the arc the arrows take, but I feel like if I take the time to 'charge up' the shot, it should be as pin-point accurate as the pistols are while freely moving. Is the problem that it's a long range only weapon and I just shouldn't whip it out unless I need to hit something a great distance away?

fake edit: gently caress hookrats. gently caress them.

• Locked thread