Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Vargs posted:

We just had an incredibly smooth Black Powder run on Hard despite having two super new dudes, and then the ship bugged out and wouldn't let us end the mission no matter what we tried.

gently caress Black Powder.

Oh, were you in that game? Yeah, I just said fuckit and did pullups on the edge of the boat at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Was really hoping for a proper boss fight at the end rather than "destroy 4 chain anchors to save the city".

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Vargs posted:

We just had an incredibly smooth Black Powder run on Hard despite having two super new dudes, and then the ship bugged out and wouldn't let us end the mission no matter what we tried.

And I think we spent more time trying to get ourselves killed than throwing barrels around, and I need to complete it in order to unlock more missions.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Garden of Morr definitely my favorite map now.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I played blackpowder, it was fun.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

We're playing the finale at the Horn of Magnus tonight and I hear one of my friends yell 'OH gently caress!' and I turn back to see if he's gotten packmastered.

His PC's power supply had kicked it and his laptop's power cord was smoking. Another friend's router melted tonight before he could join us. It's been a weird day.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Had a great time doing all of the Act 2 maps, all of them seemed cool in their own right. Black Powder was a clusterfuck when I played it once with pubbies, then a cool calm breeze doing it with a friend. Ran into a bug where no more barrels would spawn when we were at 5/8, that was annoying. We fought off probably 8 more hordes waiting for them to maybe come but they never did so we jumped off, our soldier managing to land in a spot where he was stuck completely and couldn't fall backwards into the sea or get rats to get him so he had to leave the game.

The next three maps were all refreshing and smooth sailing after that. Only managed to find one tome in Gardens of Morr, and the doomwheel one has so many extra passages and paths for a map that I guess doesn't have any whatsoever?

Then the wheat one happened. During a horde we had literally 8 stormvermin, 2 packmasters, a globadier, a ratling gun, AND a Rat Ogre all at the same time, fighting all of them ontop of each other. This was in the first two minutes of the map before we even had picked up one sack.

It was a glorious burn and I enjoyed every second of the futile fight before we got hooked apart. I'm going to find a way to record my gameplay footage now just for moments like that.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Night10194 posted:

We're playing the finale at the Horn of Magnus tonight and I hear one of my friends yell 'OH gently caress!' and I turn back to see if he's gotten packmastered.

His PC's power supply had kicked it and his laptop's power cord was smoking. Another friend's router melted tonight before he could join us. It's been a weird day.

Skaven sappers succeeded.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
first drop on running horn easy while figuring out the controls was blue drake pistols

hate me

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

NightVis posted:

first drop on running horn easy while figuring out the controls was blue drake pistols

hate me

impossible to hate when I'm wearing a fish.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Al Borland posted:

impossible to hate when I'm wearing a fish.

pics plz

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

NightVis posted:

hate me

A friend dropped a really good trinket on his literal first game. I don't hate you as much as him.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Megafunk posted:

A friend dropped a really good trinket on his literal first game. I don't hate you as much as him.

next game I got ogreslapped directly into a ratling gun tho so the RNGod got theirs

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
The White Rat on Hard sure is a bastard. Got past the barrel section a few times but just kept running out of steam against the ogre.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Night10194 posted:

I've randomly crashed/gotten computer issues more often playing this game than I have in years.

Just now I was hosting a run on one of the longer missions and towards the end I get a 'Fatal Error' error prompt saying that I have no graphics or sound card, but the game keeps running (with no music or banter between characters). I was the on the edge of my seat for the rest of the run but and we were able to make it to the end without a crash and get our loot.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Any segment or level in this game that requires you to move stuff is at least 3x more difficult than any kinda scenario the rest of the game will throw at you. Especially in the case of it being the entire level they're whole strat of difficuly is spike seems to be "never let them catch their breath."

Finish a wave? Here's 3 specials and smallish horde. Did that and throw a barrell/sack down a platform? Rat ogre time plus a horde! Whew you barely got those 2 things in the boat/coach how about 4 stormvermin and a horde! I know you just dealt with that and lost your witch hunter but you're ready for 2 gasrats and a gutterrunner plus a horde right? Yeah you are!

Wipe? No thats sad how about a rat ogre during the cutscene so two of your bros start at half health love you <3

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

FrancoFish posted:

And Wheat and Chaff. The Wells weren't too bad, though.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
There's nothing like successfully finishing a Nightmare Sewers run after having been the last guy alive, standing in the respawn players cell before the ladder up, with half-a-dozen rats and a Gutter Runner trying to get in, while you shield bash stun the rats and pray they stay stunned long enough so that you can revive someone.

I'm still not sure how we survived that, with the triple Stormvermin events.

Edit: Sidenote, it would seem that the "you revive players 40% faster" does not work on picking up dead players when they've shown up at a new respawn place. It is noticeably faster reviving a downed person than a newly spawned in dead player, even though they both say reviving.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 24, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

AegisP posted:

There's nothing like successfully finishing a Nightmare Sewers run after having been the last guy alive, standing in the respawn players cell before the ladder up, with half-a-dozen rats and a Gutter Runner trying to get in, while you shield bash stun the rats and pray they stay stunned long enough so that you can revive someone.

I'm still not sure how we survived that, with the triple Stormvermin events.

Edit: Sidenote, it would seem that the "you revive players 40% faster" does not work on picking up dead players when they've shown up at a new respawn place. It is noticeably faster reviving a downed person than a newly spawned in dead player, even though they both say reviving.

We have made a terrible enemy in Nuffle this day, by not dying at our appointed time. :ohdear:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

We have made a terrible enemy in Nuffle this day, by not dying at our appointed time. :ohdear:

To be fair, the previous attempt to the successful Sewers run was the Horde + Rat Ogre near the start into triple Stormvermin first event, into I think it was Assassin jumping on someone while a Packmaster roped his rescuer away.

Nuffle well and truly hosed us there.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

raverrn posted:

Wheat and Chaff is amazing. We had a Rat Ogre spawn in the opening cutscene, then a second thirty seconds after it was dead.

This is still processing as of the time of this post but I have that exact poo poo on tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcOrtutZ5k

I'm really glad that Wheat and Chaff is a straight gather mission because I remember the time the game pulled this crap on Supply and Demand and it was a real pisser. As it stands this dropped my jaw but it was loving hilarious.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
witchhunter owns and is the best loving fight me

:2bong:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Dezztroy posted:

Was really hoping for a proper boss fight at the end rather than "destroy 4 chain anchors to save the city".

Yeah, same. I also was sad that the grey seer didn't have more screen time overall, like maybe have been a recurring baddie, just because his lines and delivery were so over the top.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kitfox88 posted:

I don't know, this all seems to be totally correct and in order.

E: Except his hatchets. Those suck. Rapier or zweihander for life.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 24, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kitfox88 posted:

The Soldier on the other hand has poofy Landesknecht pants and an outrageous feathered hat.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Night10194 posted:

idk im liking the hatchets because i can't aim for poo poo with the rapier and the zwei is 2slow

then again the hatchet is the only weapon drop i've had for him so far so maybe i'll find something better

Captain Oblivious posted:

The Soldier on the other hand has poofy Landesknecht pants and an outrageous feathered hat.

soldier is indeed second best

elf is last

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

i wish i wish that i had that fish

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Everyone is, in fact, the best.

Except the elf

Also, that is a mighty fine fish.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
You'll all be glad to know that there are two fish trinkets. The orange one is rainbow-colored (and has a 40% chance which is incredible).

(I guess there might also be a green version, haven't seen it though)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Night10194 posted:

The hatchet might as well be called "death to Stormvermin" and should be respected on that basis

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Night10194 posted:

Everyone is, in fact, the best.

Except the elf

Also, that is a mighty fine fish.

NightVis posted:

i wish i wish that i had that fish

the orange one is apparently 20% :saddowns:

This game needs more fish.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
This thread is full of elf envy.

Had a good run with pubbies to unlock all the missions, gave up after two attempts on the white rat though. Holy poo poo.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Realtalk, the elf is actually really good, I just kinda hate that every ranged weapon she has other than the base Longbow seems to be poo poo. You can't really precisely target the Trueflight, the Hagbow is terrible, and the Swiftbow doesn't really have anything on the Longbow.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Night10194 posted:

Realtalk, the elf is actually really good, I just kinda hate that every ranged weapon she has other than the base Longbow seems to be poo poo. You can't really precisely target the Trueflight, the Hagbow is terrible, and the Swiftbow doesn't really have anything on the Longbow.

The irony is that she is good but all of the pubbies who gravitate towards the elf suck rear end. It's always the elf who runs into a swarm of vermin with a single sword.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
Black Powder is the fastest map to run on Hard if you're just looking for items per minute. Did it five or six times with two bots before my other friends got off work.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Every single character is good, but when we get a random pub (since the Skaven apparently melted one of our guys' power supplies and he's out of playing until Monday) as the Elf or Bright Wizard they gently caress up the hardest. Like the wizard who overcharged and vented constantly and then stole all the health and the elf who rockets into swarms alone.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Welp, just got the hammer/shield with the Dorf. I thought the axe/shield was hilarious when you've got 5 stamina to block/shieldbash forever. But no, if you go ahead and trade a tiny bit of damage and the headshot bonus the axe gets on its main attack you have a weapon that swings almost as fast but every single hit is a push. I mean, having a shield is nice for the 5 stamina but I hardly use it anymore because I'm just swinging wildly with a 1 handed hammer, watching Skaven fall over like bowling pins. Sure it takes me 2-3 hits to kill anyone but who cares when they're on the ground and I have a massive "target" stat so I'm hitting 5 skaven a swing.

Also the Dorf Rifle is amazing for just telling non-Ogre specials to gently caress right off. Kills everything short of the armored fucks in a single shot, which is great because when you knock the assassin off of a player instead of the assassin teleporting away he just loving dies.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
All elves must die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Coolguye posted:

This is still processing as of the time of this post but I have that exact poo poo on tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcOrtutZ5k

I'm really glad that Wheat and Chaff is a straight gather mission because I remember the time the game pulled this crap on Supply and Demand and it was a real pisser. As it stands this dropped my jaw but it was loving hilarious.

Oh god, our game was like this too yesterday. By the time it panned to our heroes we got to see the rat ogre bitch slapping our empire soldier. I was nearly crying from laughing in disbelief on how many times we failed that mission.

• Locked thread