Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

peepsalot posted:

alamo drafthouse was one of the first afaik but now more theaters are catching on and more corporate ones are popping up everywhere

there was one in my town when i was a kid 30 or so years ago so its not a new concept but they seem to be getting more popular recently

as in the exact same concept but they went out of business within a year or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:unsmith: HAIL

E:

I can't help thinking theres something wrong with this cover..? :o:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

dorohedoro did it better

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

mnc2

ENIGMATIC
DARKNESS
ZONE

pls

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

helpful, thanks

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Radio Paranoia posted:

helpful, thanks

get to know your devils

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

mnc2

ENIGMATIC
DARKNESS
ZONE

pls

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I just started reading this and it's good

http://www.amazon.com/Witches-Ointment-Secret-History-Psychedelic/dp/1620554739/

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

NICE!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
gently caress yeah, there hasnt been nearly enough Satan in the thread recently

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

peepsalot posted:

alamo drafthouse was one of the first afaik but now more theaters are catching on and more corporate ones are popping up everywhere

i bet corporate chains can mimic the "theater with beer" part of it really well, but the whole hardcore film nerd stuff, the special event stuff, and the one-off crazy publicity stunts are another thing entirely

i mean they showed jaws on a screen floating on a lake, with the audience in innertubes. they kidnapped people and buried them alive to watch Buried Alive. they have local musicians write new scores for silent movies and play them live. they had a two hour queen singalong

god loving dammit i miss the drafthouse so much

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

i bet corporate chains can mimic the "theater with beer" part of it really well, but the whole hardcore film nerd stuff, the special event stuff, and the one-off crazy publicity stunts are another thing entirely

i mean they showed jaws on a screen floating on a lake, with the audience in innertubes. they kidnapped people and buried them alive to watch Buried Alive. they have local musicians write new scores for silent movies and play them live. they had a two hour queen singalong

oh austin and your quirkiness. why cant you be part of a state that shouldnt be nuked from existance?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
drafthouse itself is rapidly expanding nationally, but idk if they'll be able to manage the same quality. it takes a lot of dedicated people working in the theater to make that sort of poo poo happen, and idk if they can find that everywhere

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
http://collider.com/buried-with-buried-fantastic-fest/

the buried alive thing

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
that whole side of it is cool and all but i just care about being able to get drunk in a movie theater without having to smuggle in a 12 pack between my buttcheeks

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
e:fart

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Trig Discipline posted:

yeah but the corporate ones have motorized recliners

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Oct 24, 2015

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

a ryan renolds horror movie? ehhhh nah

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

peepsalot posted:

yeah but the corporate ones have motorized recliners

just imagine the amount of disgusting crud that collects in those chairs over the span of 6 months

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Trig Discipline posted:

the hardcore film nerd stuff has been scaled back a lot in favor of more music video singalongs and quotealongs as it's gotten bigger and more corporate. the people who used to run the really great stuff have moved on and are doing their thing with the austin film society now, so that's where you can see weird lost kung fu movies and awesome french crime movies

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmc21V-zBq0

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

So glad I'm not the only one who saw Moss the first time I looked at it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

NoneMoreNegative posted:

:unsmith: HAIL

E:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

What, the 6-pointed star? Given the Hebrew letters around the edge I'm pretty sure the Encyclopedia Britannica knew what they were doing there... A lot of medieval occultism was based on Kabbalah or pseudo-Kabbalah or just "the lost writings of Solomon" which were all about summoning demons.

edit: with a sprinkling of christian stuff on top, which explains the crosses

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Dr. Phildo posted:

So glad I'm not the only one who saw Moss the first time I looked at it.

wait, you mean it's not?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

DiggityDoink posted:

gently caress yeah, there hasnt been nearly enough Satan in the thread recently

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

when i was in high school they did a bunch of christmas decorations and because the dumbass redneck bumpkins i grew up with didnt want to be seen as bigots they did a token hanukkah display that involved putting an upside down pentagram on a door that said happy hanukkah

i think i was the only one who noticed that something was wrong

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Gus Hobbleton posted:

when i was in high school they did a bunch of christmas decorations and because the dumbass redneck bumpkins i grew up with didnt want to be seen as bigots they did a token hanukkah display that involved putting an upside down pentagram on a door that said happy hanukkah

i think i was the only one who noticed that something was wrong

right, even.

hail satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
they thought the oil would only last 6 days, but with baphomet's blessing, it lasted 666 nights

• Locked thread