Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

shes gonna ntr!!
I think she's gonna feel conflicted but once she realizes her feelings she'll break up properly and not be a cheat.

I believe in you Bambi!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

Bambi to Dhole
Yukimi is her real name but everyone calls her Bambi. She is the student discipline committee member who locks students out of the school if they're a minute late, but sneaks cigarette breaks on the roof. Lone wolf (Dhole, Asiatic wild dog) transfer student Tetsu (everyone pronounces it Tooru) Nagasawa hops the fence after she locks it and breaks her cigarette in half when he finds her on the roof, but he's a super nice guy to a mother and baby on the train. Bambi already has a boyfriend but will the wolf steal her heart?

It's a bit of a spoiler for the first couple of chapters but I'm posting this one here because Tetsu is a teen dad raising his son with his grandmother's help. There's only 4 chapters out at this point but it's had a pretty strong start. Being part of a family is the big theme so far, although it's a shoujo romance so obviously things will go in that direction as well!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wild Rose (kindle version, emanga version)
Take has been watching Kanda-san single-handedly take care of his young daughter Mone for quite a while now. When Kanda's wife finally shows her face at the shop only after Kanda has gone home, Take can't help but demand an explanation for why she'd abandon her family with such a great husband and daughter. But when Kanda's wife blurts out “because he told me he's gay!” it's definitely the last thing Take was expecting! (names corrected to match official translation)

The story is three chapters + an extra (nsfw). The other stories in the book are unrelated. There's quite a bit of depth to be so short and I really love the art style as well. There's a substantial amount of BL with single dads but I try to refrain from dumping titles here indiscriminately -- I feel like the ones that really qualify for this thread are stories where the children are fully-realized characters who interact with the adults and aren't just props or plot devices. That's one of the things I really liked about this little story -- Take playing with Mone was adorable, and it was clear he wasn't just thirsty for some single dad action but really cared about them both. Also Grandma is fantastic :haw:

Same author also did Itoshi no Nekokke which is excellent and probably stands to be mentioned here in passing -- not a dad manga but the main characters have a single mom roommate and there are some cute interactions with her kid.

:3:

FYI the Kindle edition's formatting really sucks; I actually read the fan translation first then bought it so I could read the rest, then realized it was awful and returned it so I could get the emanga version and turns out that one is a couple bucks cheaper as well, lol.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 20, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wow, finally after 2 years volume 13 of Yotsuba& is coming out!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-10-23/yotsuba-manga-gets-1st-new-volume-in-2-years/.94536
In Japan, no idea when the English version will follow.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Working Holiday
One summer day, a fifth grade boy name Susumu suddenly appear before former biker gang member now current host club host, Okita Yamato and said that Okita is his father! Afraid of being a bad influence on his son, Yamato transforms himself into a daytime working parcel delivery man. But being a father is harder than it seems as Yamato struggles to become a good role model for his son.

Checked and didn't see it posted already, but if someone did and I missed it - sorry! This is another one I'd apparently followed without reading and forgot it existed, but looks like the second volume has finally been picked up by another group. It isn't spectacular, either story-wise or art-wise, but is a solid slice of life and is notable IMO for the mother not being dead or otherwise permanently out of the picture even though (so far) she hasn't actually been present, just spoken about. It might be better to read after the rest of volume 2 is available -- it's a short series so that's all there is.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

a kitten posted:

Wow, finally after 2 years volume 13 of Yotsuba& is coming out!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-10-23/yotsuba-manga-gets-1st-new-volume-in-2-years/.94536
In Japan, no idea when the English version will follow.

Aww, I was hoping for a picture of the cover. :(

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

here's a series that norway scans picked up out of scanlation hell, i haven't read it yet but it seems cute

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/flat-r1138

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is! I posted about it a while back, still haven't read past the first volume or so though. It's getting updates now at least.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

StandardVC10 posted:

Aww, I was hoping for a picture of the cover. :(

Your hopes have been answered!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's good cover

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Devil Tesla posted:

That's good cover
:agreed:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is adorable - #shin5 - Kekkonshite Mo Koishiteru

Looks brand new, just a couple of chapters so far.

edit - looking into it a bit more (I'm relying on google translate though so grain of salt), seems like it's based on this guy's tweets about his wife and family :3:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 1, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't know if I can handle all these Chichikogusa updates!
Also I hate finding them at work because then I have to wait until I get home to read it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie
A man comes home one day to have his wife give him divorce papers. A woman comes home to her apartment one day to find a woman she doesn’t know wrapped in a towel coming out of the shower. They both get conned by the same real estate conman on the same house, a 4LDK. So now the man, his two sons, the woman, and her two daughters live in the same house.

I tried this one out, and while it can be very cute and fluffy, it's got this unsettling undercurrent about how men can't raise a family on their own, or how women can't work. I mean, the main couple are literally the perfect housewife and perfect salaryman, but utterly incompetent when taken outside their respective comfort zones, with the apparent moral being that they shouldn't have tried and should just get remarried already. And of course since they're both so perfect for each other, the story has to stall itself by introducing weird villains to constantly test their relationship which cannot possibly falter.

Also, for some reason it seemed to be trying to pair up the kids too, which was weird.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
This one kinda stretches the "dad manga" thing but whatever. If something like Usagi Drop can be posted in the OP then I can post about Holiday Love. You can read it legally in the full on Mangabox's english site.

The premise is that the stay at home mother who does nail art finds out her husband has secretly been cheating on her (emotionally, and then physically) with a woman he met on a dating site. The entire series so far switches between the characters and how they all try to deal with what's best for their kid(s) while a bunch of side plots between the adults start to surface. Even if some of the characters are flawed and can be considered evil/abusive they never make them into one dimensional villains; They all have their own issues that's contributing to how they feel and act out and they all get time to explore that.

It's bittersweet and ongoing but so far I'm liking the family dynamics and how the focus is on the father trying to make things right with his wife and daughter so he can stay in their lives. It's also nice that the wife actually exists in this story and has a large part.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've kinda been avoiding that one mostly because I don't like stories about cheating. Not saying they can't be really good just a personal preference. I think stories about families are perfectly fine to post here though, and it's good to have some options that aren't my 99% fluff recs.

The art looks really nice and kind of familiar so I looked up the artist and realized why -- she's drawn a ton of yaoi manga under another name lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
yay new Sweetness & Lightning!

I wonder how much older the brother is, with having a teenage daughter. She looked kinda like the kid in Sen to Man, lol.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 9, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i saw a manga a few days ago that was a reverse harem wherein every harem member was a single dad

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That sounds amazing

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Baby, Kokoro no Mama Ni!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/otouto-no-otto-r17256
look what popped up

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Really dropped the ball by not naming the foreigner Otto here.

It's cute, but all the character look super stocky. Well I guess that's just the bara style.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally!

And yeah, Tagame is one of the most well-known bara/gei comi artists so the guys are gonna be thick and hairy, kinda comes with the territory.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 21, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Working Holiday is finished now! Just 10 chapters of a guy finding out he has a son and spending a summer with him. It's a little bittersweet but overall a nice story.

edit: and a new chapter of Kekkonshite mo Koishiteru
Lots of good updates today :3:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 21, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

K. Flaps posted:

Really dropped the ball by not naming the foreigner Otto here.

It's cute, but all the character look super stocky. Well I guess that's just the bara style.

that is a notorious bara hentai artist

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's an interview about it
http://gaijintokyoundergound2.blogspot.com/2014/10/interview-gengoroh-tagame-on-his-new.html

Some more on it, from Tagame's English blog
http://www.tagame.org/enews/ototo-no-otto-my-brothers-husband-chapter-1/

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 21, 2015

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
2nd chapter of the bara dad manga is out http://bato.to/reader#423520b8fb7532ef

Daughter keeps owning homophobe dad and Mike is a weeaboo. Kickass.

Dick Spacious
Jun 7, 2014

by zen death robot
he's afraid to walk around his house shirtless because it might make the gay man horny

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kana is awesome. I'm liking Yaichi's internal dialogue as well, it's a good way to present his homophobia without having him be a jerk to Mike or become too much of a cartoonish rear end in a top hat.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

man, the japanese guy is packing

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
the bathtub panel

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Kana is awesome. I'm liking Yaichi's internal dialogue as well, it's a good way to present his homophobia without having him be a jerk to Mike or become too much of a cartoonish rear end in a top hat.

It was cool how he figured out that his apprehension towards Mike was totally irrational, even if he can't manage to shake it off completely yet.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The source of this is trashy and bad but this panel cracked me up so I wanted to share.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter of Sen to Man

he's so happy :3:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Own your own Duralumin!

Comes with an autograph!

Only $370!!!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/11/25/steiff-produces-real-teddy-bear-duralumin-from-yotsuba-manga

OK, that's a lot, still neat.:3:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

a kitten posted:

Own your own Duralumin!

Comes with an autograph!

Only $370!!!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/11/25/steiff-produces-real-teddy-bear-duralumin-from-yotsuba-manga

OK, that's a lot, still neat.:3:
For a Steiff collectable, that's not even top end.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Does it say "Mah" when you squeeze it?

e: it does! Splendid!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

2nd chapter of the bara dad manga is out http://bato.to/reader#423520b8fb7532ef

Daughter keeps owning homophobe dad and Mike is a weeaboo. Kickass.

it updated again. the dad is coming around :)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kana continues to own, and Mike was adorable when he said he had a list. This manga is going to make me bawl in the next chapter or two though, I can tell it's coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

StandardVC10 posted:

Does it say "Mah" when you squeeze it?

e: it does! Splendid!

It says "meh"

truth in advertising!