Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It'll be interesting to see if the inevitable High Elf character is as big a jerk as the Wood Elf. I just hope they aren't a Wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fans posted:

You don't time the dodges, you just constantly hop backwards like some kind of frog while holding out your guard. If he misses yay for you. If he hits then your guard saves you and you just repeat it. It's silly but it works pretty well as he can never quite catch up to do a proper hit.
Doesn't work with slam attacks. Slam attacks hurt you regardless if they connect with you, and they will hurt quite a bit on Nightmare. Still, even when the damage is tolerable, if people were already hurting when the ROgre showed up it could mean a down. That's a Big Problem.

Fans posted:

If you get a horde and a Rat Ogre then the game hates you sadly. I find usually it'll lay off throwing a swarm at you if you kill the Rat Ogre in good time. Though Hook Rats remain utter bastards.
You will hear the war horns blow shortly after a Rat Ogre engages basically every time. He actively causes horde events. The question is how far away you are from the horde spawn points, and how well your team handles juggling the added slave/clan rats while two or three players wear down the ROgre.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rookersh posted:

Like fuuuuuck you Elf. Half the team jokingly suggested kicking the Elf player for playing such a spoilsport character. gently caress the Elf. I don't care how good she is, anybody who picks the Elf hates fun.

The elf being a huge whiny wet blanket who makes everyone else grind their teeth actually owns because every other character craps on her constantly for it. A shining example is if she gets snagged by a packmaster one of the witch hunter's reaction lines is "Stop strangling the elf! THAT'S MY JOB!". In addition, as mentioned upthread the dwarf has a Khazalid nickname for everyone in the party and his nickname for Kerillian is "Stupid Elf". Her being a standoffish little twit is charming like Nick being an enormous rear end in a top hat in L4D2.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hoooooly poo poo gently caress Wheat and Chaff. The special spawns are insane on that map. On Normal, I had a rat ogre, a globadier and TWO four man Stormvermin Patrols at once. We didn't stand a chance.

FoiledShenanigans
Apr 6, 2012
So in a run turning sour in the wheat and chaff mission we stumbled across a odd... I guess exploit? To Deal with a rat ogre. A friend arsing around hid in the wagon, saying he was going to leave us all behind when the ogre turned up and got in there with him beating him to a pulp. To which I decided to close the door on it. Lo and behold the rogre was trapped inside, letting us clear up the horde and rescue our teammates, then gather the other grain bags and finally beat the ogre from outside the cart and outside his grasp. Dumb poo poo but funny as hell when it happened.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
That is freaking magical.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

FoiledShenanigans posted:

So in a run turning sour in the wheat and chaff mission we stumbled across a odd... I guess exploit? To Deal with a rat ogre. A friend arsing around hid in the wagon, saying he was going to leave us all behind when the ogre turned up and got in there with him beating him to a pulp. To which I decided to close the door on it. Lo and behold the rogre was trapped inside, letting us clear up the horde and rescue our teammates, then gather the other grain bags and finally beat the ogre from outside the cart and outside his grasp. Dumb poo poo but funny as hell when it happened.

I like Olesya looking at you all "Really, first i gotta wait an eternity for you in skaven infested lands and now this?"

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
The soldier is pretty much a demigod with the warhammer and proper timing on the swings. Most groups tend to just let me tackle the hordes alone once they see me rampage through an entire wave without ever taking a scratch. Since if you get the timing right you can just wade into them and send them flying. Someone showed me a screenshot of me doing my thing and it was just a tidal wave of Skaven flying away from my character.

Storm vermin can get hosed too. Turns out that prepping a heavy swing for when they get in range means they get staggered after getting clobbered in the head. Combine that with a block and a dodge and I can take on two or three at once. Which is a :black101: feeling.

Now if only people would quit picking the loving elf. She never stops complaining about me "flailing about" whenever I rack up a massive kill streak.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Finally decided to melt some greens and kit out some blues for the soldier.

Zweihander with chance for ammo on kill, blunderbluss with chance for ammo and -40% spread. Always shotgun all the time now :getin:.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Got a white Mercenary Greatsword and an arquebus for the Soldier. Headshotting Stormvermin 24/7.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

On Normal the Soldier's handgun can blast two Stormvermin in one shot, in a line.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Night10194 posted:

On Normal the Soldier's handgun can blast two Stormvermin in one shot, in a line.

I've done this with a blue Handgun even on Hard.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Rookersh posted:

The dwarf is so good, because it seems like he has a song for every map.

Which makes the Elf even more of a bummer, because she stops him half the time.

Earlier today I got this.

"EVERYONE, I HAVE THE PERFECT SONG FOR THIS OCCASION."

"Lets hear it Dwarf"

"YELLS A SONG IN DWARFISH"

*Kruber joins in*

Kruber and Bardin being end of the world buddies might be my favorite part of the game. I also love the exchange that is something to the effect of

Bardin: Kruber, you and I, we're like (obsure names)

Kruber: Thanks Goreksson, Though I have no idea who they are.

Bardin: Heros of old. Stood against an endless tide of Greenskins.

Kruber, Bardin, and BW are all really fun characters. Saltzpyre is at least the funny kind of curmudgeonly rear end in a top hat. Kerillian does nothing but complain and talk about how great she is.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I wasn't too hot on greathammer for soldier until I ran a Ramparts using my new blue one earlier.

Holy poo poo. With the bonus stamina and chance to instant kill on hit I might keep using it over shields unless the map is really tricky. Its push seems pretty large too!

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I just had a pubbie dwarf finish literally the entirety of the barrel event on nightmare horn of magnus solo, and then walk over to where the three dead idiots (myself among them) were waiting to be rescued, an eternity away. Dude was a shield crushing, headshotting, skaven-mutilating machine. He must've taken not a single hit from over 3 swarms, and all he was doing was spamming the charge attack with axe/shield.

He carried me and two pubbies to a 2 tome 1 grimoire victory. What a champion. This post is to you, bud.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Saltzpyre is the straight man to contrast with the golden trio. He knows he's a huge stick in the mud, too, and it's hilarious.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

rezatahs posted:

Some have penetration but what you have is a trueflight bow. If you select it in your inventory and scroll to the bottom it will tell you.

It actually doesn't, no where odes it list what trueflight actually does. Kinda frustrating.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Saltpyre is the best.

"I'd better not be alone...AND TALKING TO MYSELF."

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I liked L4D a ton not so much L4D2. Loot systems are OK provided the gameplay is engaging enough to keep me. Also voiced actors who speak during gameplay is pro.

is this game for the i need scratched.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

verbal enema posted:

I liked L4D a ton not so much L4D2. Loot systems are OK provided the gameplay is engaging enough to keep me. Also voiced actors who speak during gameplay is pro.

It's for anyone who's got an itch for chopping people in the face in an extremely satisfying manner while listening to the banter of four wonderfully enjoyable characters and elf Hitler.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

verbal enema posted:

Yes. There is no comp though.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Eh well idk if comp would work out but hey. Thanks though I'll check this out more in depth than just this thread

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It'll be interesting to see if the inevitable High Elf character is as big a jerk as the Wood Elf. I just hope they aren't a Wizard.

What if the inevitable High Elf was a massive, arrogant rear end, but saved almost all of his spite for the Wood Elf. Would that make him cool not-bad elf? (there is no such thing as a cool elf)

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Alkydere posted:

What if the inevitable High Elf was a massive, arrogant rear end, but saved almost all of his spite for the Wood Elf. Would that make him cool not-bad elf? (there is no such thing as a cool elf)

i would totally be down for a snooty high elf that regarded everyone else with a smug sense of superiority except for the degenerate elf that makes them all look bad, whom he hates.

every character they introduce should just hate the elf, actually.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I either want a Bret Knight or for them to give Kruber a halberd. Where are my polearms.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Alkydere posted:

This would be the best. Even better if he bitches about her when she's not in the party.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

There REALLY should be a button that makes your character say "Shut up elf".

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Musluk posted:

:yeah:

President Ark fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 25, 2015

Gumpy
Nov 19, 2010
There's a tragic amount of wasted potential having the Grey Seer model but not having him as some sort of super rare special

Wouldn't mind if he turned up as some sort of alternative to the Rat Ogre in later DLC's

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
If the elf bunny hops, Saltzpyre says something like: "WOULD YOU STOP DOING THAT. IT IS - UNDIGNIFIED."

(He says it to all jumpers, but it's always the elf.)

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Kerillian might somehow be worse than Rochelle.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Musluk posted:

thinking about it more, that should be a button in literally every game with elves in them, tbh

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Honestly this game needs Hoxton. I mean, gently caress it, it's the end times, right?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Saltzpyre is that guy who has his monocle pop out while going "BRRRRIGHT WIZZZZARD!". He's an essential ingredient.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Would it be too weird to have a Greenskin joining up with the crew to smash Skaven just because they're there to smash? I think it could work...I mean it's pretty heretical but it could work.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Panzeh posted:

Honestly this game needs Hoxton. I mean, gently caress it, it's the end times, right?

Come to think of it, the Payday crowd is going to speedrun black powder with casual ease. They're just like cash bags.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The assault rifles would probably be very helpful, too.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Haroshia posted:

Would it be too weird to have a Greenskin joining up with the crew to smash Skaven just because they're there to smash? I think it could work...I mean it's pretty heretical but it could work.

With a dwarf on the team? they should just do a big ork expansion, entire team is orks and goblins fighting chaos or something.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

uber_stoat posted:

With a dwarf on the team? they should just do a big ork expansion, entire team is orks and goblins fighting chaos or something.

I'd buy the hell out of a bunch of Greenskin missions where it's a small team fighting masses of Skaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
One of my favorite things in this game is the Inn rooms. The dwarf has food and empty steins all over the place, the elf has dried herbs hanging from the ceiling, bright wizard has scorch marks all over her room, witch hunter has marks and writs all over his wall. They're all neat.

• Locked thread