Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
he is a famous "internet poster" with a lot of e-cred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Seltzer posted:

This poster is off to a hot start

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I keep posting in the wrong thread

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECw0Q1QzTkA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grmYax3qThg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUkbbWc8UVA

I have to admit, these little mini trailers are all great and are getting me hyped up again for the fight. It's a nice contrast to the 3 minute long Ronda/Holm hollywood treatment.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
keven your new avatar is simply wonderful. if i may be so bold i would like to suggest your next one should be a looping gif of matt lindland rubbing his hands together like scrooge mcduck from his campaign ad.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Zzulu posted:

he is a famous "internet poster" with a lot of e-cred

How does one check ones e-cred levels

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Triticum Guzzler posted:

keven your new avatar is simply wonderful. if i may be so bold i would like to suggest your next one should be a looping gif of matt lindland rubbing his hands together like scrooge mcduck from his campaign ad.

My personal favorite moment is when he attempts to place a roman style hex on the viewer in front of a green screen of a road. While he wears the same shirt throughout, the urban setting highlights how he's underdressed for just walking down a regular street, much less appearing in an add for a senate campaign.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

TheRationalRedditor posted:

lol Goldberg follies are so much less common these days but the classics never die

just laughed anew because I remembered that time he sounded like a malfunctioning robot from saying "...THE POWER..." or something over and over again and not realizing his mic was hot because his earpiece was out

The best Goldberg Malfunctions are the ones where he's in the middle of plugging a spot but can't stop when something huge happens.

Like go back and watch Randy/Sylvia and when Tim gets knocked on his rear end (literally the only exciting part of that fight), Goldberg is hyping up The Marine or some poo poo and absolutely can't stop but definitely gets louder.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
gleison tibau's fought to a split decision 7 times in his 25 odd ufc fights. is that some sort of record?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Tibau is amazing. He's been around forever and I've seen him fight a ton but I can not remember a single one of his fights. He's truly the most average of fighters.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Except his ability to cut weight. It produced that great interview where his trainer got asked how he did it. The trainer just shrugged

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECw0Q1QzTkA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grmYax3qThg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUkbbWc8UVA

I have to admit, these little mini trailers are all great and are getting me hyped up again for the fight. It's a nice contrast to the 3 minute long Ronda/Holm hollywood treatment.

After the first Aldo/McGregor fiasco, I'd imagine they don't feel like spending another bajillion dollars shutting down a Vegas street and licensing a Kanye/Jay Z song. The contrast is cool but maybe doesn't have much impact if you don't already know the story. I like the Shhhh one the best. Their promos have been pretty great lately, though I guess they put the most effort into those for Ronda. They almost make you think she won't just murder whoever immediately. Almost.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Snowman_McK posted:

Except his ability to cut weight. It produced that great interview where his trainer got asked how he did it. The trainer just shrugged

hes definitely got one of the most powerful, undeniable shots of anyone

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Ewar Woowar posted:

Tibau is amazing. He's been around forever and I've seen him fight a ton but I can not remember a single one of his fights. He's truly the most average of fighters.

a 10 year ufc career is an amazing accomplishment for a fighter

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bundt Cake posted:

hes definitely got one of the most powerful, undeniable shots of anyone

hahahaha

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Nick helping out his fans (stolen from Reddit)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

UFC October - Don't Forget to Brush Your Teeth!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

FishBowlRobot posted:

After the first Aldo/McGregor fiasco, I'd imagine they don't feel like spending another bajillion dollars shutting down a Vegas street and licensing a Kanye/Jay Z song.

That was CGI

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Nick Diaz: MMA Mom

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

willie_dee posted:

He's really wise.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Vegtibal

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Free Nick Diaz

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
My favorite vegtibal is Kayla

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
nick diaz displays generosity of spirit and helps a stranger, computer people make fun of his spelling. Owned.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

willie_dee posted:

Owns and credit to him for resisting the urge to put weed in among his favourite greens

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piEb_XdZsMQ

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Gleison's brother.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

the delayed facial expression rules

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Owns and credit to him for resisting the urge to put weed in among his favourite greens

Hemp milk though.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

Ewar Woowar posted:

I was trying to describe Tibau to someone the other day and I really should have just used your description.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Nurmagedov tricked him into having a good fight, but that's about it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I always pick Tibau in the UFC game because he's pretty well rounded, if a bit chinny. I have no idea if that translates into reality tho.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tibau is The Silence from Doctor Who. You can only remember that he exists when you're looking right at him. That's why his only Sub of the Night is an RNC - he got on his Oliviera's back and Oliviera forgot that he was in a fight.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Seery got POTN over the weekend? Nice..

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tibau beat RDA?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

EmmyOk posted:

Tibau beat RDA?

Yeah in 2011.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tibau beat Thiago Alves, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Ariel just tweeted that Vitor is no longer going to appear on his show because his reps called up and asked an hour before the show for him not to ask certain questions. Ariel said he can't do it so Vitor pulled out.

• Locked thread