Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Full Battle Rattle posted:

He's 90, and W. is basically a no-show pariah.
him and all his creatures anyone touched by the bush name. get positively juche on them unto three generations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

stoutfish posted:

having sex with men: good and cool

taking money from people who wish to turn america into a nation of slaves and masters: not ok

What about : having sex with people who wish to turn America into a nation of slaves and masters.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Smoothrich posted:

It's highly racist to dismiss a brain surgeon, formerly an idiom in itself for intelligence, as stupid just because he's black.

Ben Carson is the reason why brain surgeon is a 'former' idiom for intelligence.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Phlegmish posted:

What about : having sex with people who wish to turn America into a nation of slaves and masters.

kinky

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Bryter posted:

Ben Carson is the reason why brain surgeon is a 'former' idiom for intelligence.

politics, even a brain surgeon can do it

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Phlegmish posted:

This particular orientation is pretty much the only way I get laid.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Goldeneye wasn't a great shooter but it was great because it's one of the last games my generation had where you and 3 friends could sit in the same room and bullshit, shoot each other and curse out the guy who broke the no Oddjob house rule.
The other game to do that was Mario Kart 64

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I hope the republican candidate will be decided by a match of CS:GO.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm pretty sure Cruz is secretly the most competent person in the entire GOP presidential herd.

His campaign also has a relatively low burn-rate and he is quietly building up a massive ground game across the south and in early states.

He is also a favorite of the talk-radio jocks who often site him as the most 'consistently conservative' of all candidates... He will pick up a big chunk of the Trump/Carson support if those candidates go away.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Goldeneye wasn't a great shooter but it was great because it's one of the last games my generation had where you and 3 friends could sit in the same room and bullshit, shoot each other and curse out the guy who broke the no Oddjob house rule.

A lot of the nostalgia I hear for it was based around the multiplayer, but I actually like it for the single-player. The Grant Kirkhope soundtrack was moody and secretive, there was a huge variety of weapons, the objectives were well-designed, the basic gameplay was fair and felt good because of how the enemies flinched but you didn't, even the incidental writing was way above average quality.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Also every single song was a variation on the James Bond theme but they were all so well-arranged you didn't even notice.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Montasque posted:

His campaign also has a relatively low burn-rate and he is quietly building up a massive ground game across the south and in early states.

He is also a favorite of the talk-radio jocks who often site him as the most 'consistently conservative' of all candidates... He will pick up a big chunk of the Trump/Carson support if those candidates go away.

To me this is the biggest factor among the serious candidates, who will get Carson's voters when he steps aside? I don't think that he honestly even wants to be president, the book tour thing being a telling sign. Where will his ~20% support go? I think it will split somehow between Trump, Cruz, and Rubio with little to none for Jeb.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
This should be here as well.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9XzCUPPT7o

SO SALTY

breaklaw posted:

To me this is the biggest factor among the serious candidates, who will get Carson's voters when he steps aside? I don't think that he honestly even wants to be president, the book tour thing being a telling sign. Where will his ~20% support go? I think it will split somehow between Trump, Cruz, and Rubio with little to none for Jeb.

Cuckabee would also pick up some of those pieces but people are kind of sick of him.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Montasque posted:

Yeah Master Shake, I mean mark levin, never stops praising Cruz.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lotka Volterra posted:

No, he's stupid because he denies evolution and is generally a dumb human being

Ben Carson isn't dumb, he's intelligent. He just doesn't know poo poo about history and has really bad ideas. There's a big difference

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

The Nastier Nate posted:

Check out this grandpa who never had a Halo LAN party.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Subvisual Haze posted:

Yeah Master Shake, I mean mark levin, never stops praising Cruz.

Personally I think one of Cruz's problems is he's practically too much of an opportunist. He's very savvy at picking the right moves to make to align himself with the Tea Party, Evangelicals, and pretty much anyone with a bone to pick with the establishment but there's just something inauthentic about someone who makes all the right moves. It gives the game away that he's manufactured.

I'm reminded of an interview immortalized in Songify the News where Ted was asked about his music tastes and he said he used to listen to classic rock until 9/11, when rock shifted toward protest, and tuned into country for being more patriotic. The fact that his answer to "What do you listen to?" had to be some perfectly workshopped snippet that includes 9/11 is just eye-rollingly fake.

His strategy of staying in Trump's wake and planning to swoop in on his anti-establishment support once Trump drops is sound but so transparently slimy that even the brain-dead bigots who support Trump will probably see through it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Basically Cruz is a slimy used car salesman that most people can see coming from a mile away. But he'll still con his fair share of rubes.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

spacemang_spliff posted:

Ben Carson isn't dumb, he's intelligent. He just doesn't know poo poo about history and has really bad ideas. There's a big difference

I don't know if having knowledge about one single area while failing in all other categories makes you "intelligent" more than it makes you an idiot savant

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

You guys see this, you hear about this?

FEC Filings: Jeb Bush Finance Director May Have Made $1.3 Million Off Of Campaign

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

RZApublican posted:

Are there breakdowns available for what each campaign is spending their money on? Because I honestly want some numbers to account for Trump's campaign having nearly the lowest amount of cash on hand.

He is mostly self funding, so he doesn't keep a bunch of campaign money around, there isn't really any point. He needs more he can just put more in.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

RZApublican posted:

Are there breakdowns available for what each campaign is spending their money on? Because I honestly want some numbers to account for Trump's campaign having nearly the lowest amount of cash on hand.

They're not getting a huge amount of of donations IIRC and presumably Trump can cut himself a cheque as needed.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump's biggest campaign expenditure is on hats.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Ben Carson came to be a world class neurosurgeon by practising on himself, scrambling most of the "non-essential to neurosurgery" areas in the process. It's the only explanation.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

This pairs nicely with the recent NY TIMES article about the fundraising parasites that have infected the GOP since Citizens United.

http://nyti.ms/1PFAUBS

I'm sure Jeb!'s campaign isn't the only one dealing with an inefficient campaign infrastructure. These consultants have been gearing up for their payday moment for years. I wonder if the Democrats are being similarly affected?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Montasque posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9XzCUPPT7o

SO SALTY

Cuckabee would also pick up some of those pieces but people are kind of sick of him.

:lol: dude needs a nap.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

sharkbomb posted:

I'm sure Jeb!'s campaign isn't the only one dealing with an inefficient campaign infrastructure. These consultants have been gearing up for their payday moment for years. I wonder if the Democrats are being similarly affected?

This is nothing new. Back in the day some consultants were paid based on a percentage of the TV Ad expenses and those consultants always advised more ads no matter what.

As for Democratic campaigns taken for a ride by high-priced idiots, if you don't remember 2008, look up Mark Penn. He is absolutely terrible at everything except figuring out how to bill powerful people and soaked the Hillary Clinton campaign for 4 million dollars.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

A Neurotic Jew posted:

dude needs to do a whole bunch of crystal meth

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm pretty sure Cruz is secretly the most competent person in the entire GOP presidential herd.

Secretly? He's the guy who got his way shutting the government down, and he's an accomplished lawyer, he's definitely a powerful player.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Patter Song posted:

This is nothing new. Back in the day some consultants were paid based on a percentage of the TV Ad expenses and those consultants always advised more ads no matter what.

As for Democratic campaigns taken for a ride by high-priced idiots, if you don't remember 2008, look up Mark Penn. He is absolutely terrible at everything except figuring out how to bill powerful people and soaked the Hillary Clinton campaign for 4 million dollars.

True, but its interesting how the Times article seems to suggest that these consultants have cut out the middle party (the campaign) and now make their bank by directly soliciting conservative voters. Has the right-wing base always been prey to consultants at this level? Conservative media, fundraising, and actual campaigns seem like they lack any kind of shared alignment.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lotka Volterra posted:

I don't know if having knowledge about one single area while failing in all other categories makes you "intelligent" more than it makes you an idiot savant

If anything Carson's political surge proves that he's anything BUT an idiot savant, even if his success is due to his being a lowest common denominator of religious conservatives.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

Trump's biggest campaign expenditure is on hats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F91emCX3pI

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

spacemang_spliff posted:

Ignorance is a form of being dumb.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A Neurotic Jew posted:

:lol: dude needs a nap.

naps really do help restore your level of energy

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
I don't understand the path to victory that Jeb!'s campaign will need to win. Full Battle Rattle has been writing thoughtful posts about the doom lingering over Bush's campaign and I agree with him. How does Jeb come back? The bad media narrative that will accompany losing the early states will grind his campaign down to a stump.

If his excellent ground game results in a technical win he will be plagued by a narrative of illegitimacy within the media narrative.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheTatteredKing posted:

Ignorance is a form of being dumb.

Again, how can the guy leading his party's campaign be called ignorant or hapless?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Even Tony Blair thinks Iraq was a mistake. Keep campaigning off your brother Jeb!

steinrokkan posted:

Again, how can the guy leading his party's campaign be called ignorant or hapless?

Ben Carson is leading in one state - Iowa. Iowa is the same state that selected Santorum and Huckabee, they're hardly in the mainstream or predictive, they're just first.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 25, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

steinrokkan posted:

He's really popular with other ignorant people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

sharkbomb posted:

I don't understand the path to victory that Jeb!'s campaign will need to win. Full Battle Rattle has been writing thoughtful posts about the doom lingering over Bush's campaign and I agree with him. How does Jeb come back? The bad media narrative that will accompany losing the early states will grind his campaign down to a stump.

If his excellent ground game results in a technical win he will be plagued by a narrative of illegitimacy within the media narrative.

If Jeb isn't in the top three in IA or NH, no one in the later states will take him seriously. Jeb's only strategy (besides hoping Rubio's plane crashes so he can be the only choice of the Establishment) has to be to just go all-in on New Hampshire.

• Locked thread