Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Death?
This poll is closed.
Love it! 49 28.00%
Leave it! 59 33.71%
That is not dead which can eternal lie... 67 38.29%
Total: 175 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

LingcodKilla posted:

That's kinda their job. Deer don't just walk in your gun point blank.

They do if you lay enough deer corn down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Literally The Worst posted:

someone literally talked about how hunting rifles make great sniper rifles w/r/t "gun grabbers" earlier in this thread
It is very unfair of you to read that as a suggestion that these dudes' private arsenals will be used to fend off people who disapprove of them having those arsenals, because of the following reasons:

What is a little funny is how it is an unusually tight loop in a lot of situations. Gotta get more guns to protect your guns.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

someone literally talked about how hunting rifles make great sniper rifles w/r/t "gun grabbers" earlier in this thread
There is a difference between "even if we assume a high degree of compliance, confiscating firearms from the remaining non-compliant owners under your proposal will be difficult and bloody, just looking at the numbers alone, and lack of cooperation from state and local officials is likely" and saying you are planning a personal Ruby Ridge.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Still doesn't excuse effectronica's murder fantasies.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LingcodKilla posted:

Not every ammosexual is conservative. A great way to reduce crime is to increase schooling and improve access to job markets with public transit. Got a job? Why risk the penalties from crime?

If everyone is to be equal everyone should be armed so those with physical strength can not terrorize the weak.

Yes, if everyone is armed only those who draw first can terrorize the weak. That's such an amazing into enemy.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Mind quoting them? Thanks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Parts Kit posted:

Still doesn't excuse effectronica's murder fantasies.

you probably shouldn't handwave that stuff away as strawmen was my point doofus

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LeJackal posted:

Mind quoting them? Thanks.

lemme just bend over backwards for you, forums poster lejackal, who has yet to argue in good faith itt

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dead Reckoning posted:

There is a difference between "even if we assume a high degree of compliance, confiscating firearms from the remaining non-compliant owners under your proposal will be difficult and bloody, just looking at the numbers alone, and lack of cooperation from state and local officials is likely" and saying you are planning a personal Ruby Ridge.

Not really, both are equally unlikely. Gun owners are coddled, privileged babies who will fold like a house of cards immediately if the government moves against them. None of you have the balls to stand up for your "right" to own guns if push came to shove.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
if you're really interested lejackal i recommend doing a ctrl-f for "hunting rifle" on every page of this thread

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

if you're really interested lejackal i recommend doing a ctrl-f for "hunting rifle" on every page of this thread

Thats okay. I was just checking to see if you were making things up again, arguing in bad faith, etc.

Spoiler alert: You were.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DeusExMachinima posted:

For once, you're within the neighborhood of being right. The majority would give up. But even if you waved a magic wand that made every semi-automatic vanish *and* 99.99% of American gun owners folded, you're still looking at a larger force than AQI at its peak, armed with bolt-action hunting rifles that just so happen to be great for sniper attacks.

hmmmmm this guy is in no way implying that gun owners would resist by shooting gun grabbers, and that this would be okay, you're right, forums poster lejackal

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Who What Now posted:

Yes, if everyone is armed only those who draw first can terrorize the weak. That's such an amazing into enemy.

Sounds good to me. What's the problem? You pacifists would just bend over for anybody in any case. May as well arm everyone to give those with spines a chance.
You'd drop your shorts over a waved fist and choke on cock for a stiff back hand rather than attempt to defend yourself.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
This thread is somehow gotten even worse.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LeJackal posted:

Thats okay. I was just checking to see if you were making things up again, arguing in bad faith, etc.

i don't think you, of all people, get to say this, as you compare a lumberjack needing multiple chainsaws to ????? owning multiple guns

still haven't explained that one, just done a bullshit little dodge about how clearly you weren't talking about jobs

but you keep talkin about people posting in bad faith lejackal

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

tumblr.txt posted:

This thread is somehow gotten even worse.

Actually it's about the same as it ever was.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

i don't think you, of all people, get to say this, as you compare a lumberjack needing multiple chainsaws to ????? owning multiple guns

still haven't explained that one, just done a bullshit little dodge about how clearly you weren't talking about jobs

but you keep talkin about people posting in bad faith lejackal

Trees come in different sizes. They grow.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

LingcodKilla posted:

Trees come in different sizes. They grow.

Not if you cut them down before middle school.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Gravel Gravy posted:

Not if you cut them down before middle school.

The LumberJack cares not wence the sap flows only that it flows.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

LeJackal posted:

Well, I do hate to be that fellow, but:

DeusExMachinima posted:

...I see what you did there. :ocelot:

But seriously though if you banned handguns or semiauto rifles or whatever, most states just wouldn't enforce the law, witness for example: http://gunwars.news21.com/2014/eight-states-have-passed-laws-voiding-federal-firearms-regulations/ And on occasion idiot feds sticking their poo poo where it don't belong will be found with 30 rounds shot into them. But mostly they'll know to keep their noses clean since they're probably worse shots than your average gunhumper and they know it. Life will go on just fine.

e: also, nobody's going to drone strike anyone or start CW2 either because whichever side orders an airstrike on American soil will get deposed ASAP.
"If there is any sort of a gun ban, states will not enforce the law, and everyone will placidly accept shot-up cops. Nobody will do anything else, because if they do, they will be deposed, presumably by force, by somebody."

Really if y'all have such control I'm amazed that people can even CONCIEVE of the CONCEPT of gun control.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LingcodKilla posted:

Sounds good to me. What's the problem? You pacifists would just bend over for anybody in any case. May as well arm everyone to give those with spines a chance.
You'd drop your shorts over a waved fist and choke on cock for a stiff back hand rather than attempt to defend yourself.

lol if you think you wouldn't devolve into a quivering ball of blubbering piss-soaked shame if you were looking down the barrel of a gun.:allears:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

LingcodKilla posted:

Not every ammosexual is conservative. A great way to reduce crime is to increase schooling and improve access to job markets with public transit. Got a job? Why risk the penalties from crime?

If everyone is to be equal everyone should be armed so those with physical strength can not terrorize the weak.

No no no what you don't understand is that you're actually a Republican, and by virtue of there being guns in your house a Field of Insincerity is projected around all your seemingly earnest claims to support increased social services.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm gonna be real with you that gun control was actually invented as a legislative concept purely to try and evoke new, natural-sounding verbal abuse from others for the benefit of our erotic gratification. It's all been a work; I actually shook Hillary's hand down at the local pistol range earlier in the month.

Sorry you had to find out this way that it was a sex thing. But I guess you kind of figured that out yourself.

SedanChair posted:

No no no what you don't understand is that you're actually a Republican, and by virtue of there being guns in your house a Field of Insincerity is projected around all your seemingly earnest claims to support increased social services.
Is this field related to the Freedom Field that a firearm generates when in circuit with a freedom-loving American, or are they unrelated phenomena?

I would say that some of this is a little disingenuous, because many are the people I have heard who have said "Well, I support basically every aspect of the Democratic agenda, but Diane Feinstein said something about my guns, so I'm gonna vote for Bush/Romney/McCain."

vvv yeah see

Nessus fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 25, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SedanChair posted:

lets be fair here the last thread was full of people who said yeah i'm in favor of programs to fix the other causes so that stricter gun control is necessary, i just won't vote for the people who push for those programs because they're also pro gun control

almost as if they gave a bigger poo poo about guns than fixing problems

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lets be fair here the last thread was full of people who said yeah i'm in favor of programs to fix the other causes so that stricter gun control is necessary, i just won't vote for the people who push for those programs because they're also pro gun control

almost as if they gave a bigger poo poo about guns than fixing problems

in before lejackal asks for a citation like an rear end in a top hat

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Who What Now posted:

lol if you think you wouldn't devolve into a quivering ball of blubbering piss-soaked shame if you were looking down the barrel of a gun.:allears:

Already have had a knife pulled on me twice while working you beta-bitch. Thankfully I'm like a goddamn gun-kata ninja and I had my peacemaker out first to diffuse the problem and go on with my day unstabbed.

Ban knives.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
If it's unacceptable to fantasize about killing people, you'd think someone, anyone, would have denounced the antisocial fantasies of the gun owners besides people who are pro-gun control. So complaining about someone fantasizing about an American CheKa is obviously in bad faith, because the speaker really believes that fantasizing about shooting BATFE is more acceptable than fantasizing about shooting NRA.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

LingcodKilla posted:

Already have had a knife pulled on me twice while working you beta-bitch. Thankfully I'm like a goddamn gun-kata ninja and I had my peacemaker out first to diffuse the problem and go on with my day unstabbed.

Ban knives.

You assaulted someone who was using a Swiss Army Knife, not once, but twice? hosed up.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

LingcodKilla posted:

Ban knives.

I don't think my kitchen is big enough to hang up a chain gun for cutting vegetables though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Effectronica posted:

You assaulted someone who was using a Swiss Army Knife, not once, but twice? hosed up.

Show me on doll where the bad gun touched you.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Gravel Gravy posted:

I don't think my kitchen is big enough to hang up a chain gun for cutting vegetables though.

What's wrong with a Salad Shooter?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

LingcodKilla posted:

Show me on doll where the bad gun touched you.

Hmm... I used the phrase "American CheKa" and you start posting in a poorly faked Russian accent. That's plagiarism.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

LingcodKilla posted:

What's wrong with a Salad Shooter?

Why does it always have to be a gun with you?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Sorry my gun-autism is kicking in. Please explain the joke and I may find it funny in retrospect.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LingcodKilla posted:

Ban knives.

Yes, I totally believe that this is a thing that actually happened in real life and not at all something you just made up in your head to fantasize about so you could get your microdick hard. Mmhmm.

EDIT

Also lol that you think getting a knife pulled on you and getting a gun pulled on you are the same.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

LingcodKilla posted:

Sorry my gun-autism is kicking in. Please explain the joke and I may find it funny in retrospect.

What joke?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Yes, I totally believe that this is a thing that actually happened in real life and not at all something you just made up in your head to fantasize about so you could get your microdick hard. Mmhmm.

EDIT

Also lol that you think getting a knife pulled on you and getting a gun pulled on you are the same.
I actually worked as a bouncer in a bar for a few months and there were two guys who attacked me. In both cases the situation was adequately defused because I basically just pushed 'em over on account of they were drunk, and that took the fight out of them.

Sure am glad neither of them was rolling with a strap though!

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot

Who What Now posted:

Either will horribly wound or kill you at short range.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Who What Now posted:

EDIT

I'm an armored tech. poo poo happens. Having a knife pulled on you at under a few feet is terrible. Not shooting the hobo because he rethought his terrible plan was a bonus.

Hey if my "micro" penis was big enough to make your dad moan then I don't think it qualifies as small or even medium.

Your dad has a huge rear end in a top hat.

Besides you that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm an armored tech. poo poo happens. Having a knife pulled on you at under a few feet is terrible. Not shooting the hobo because he rethought his terrible plan was a bonus.

Hey if my "micro" penis was big enough to make your dad moan then I don't think it qualifies as small or even medium.

Your dad has a huge rear end in a top hat.

Besides you that is.

That was, bar none, the clunkiest non-burn I've ever seen in these threads.

• Locked thread