Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

At least sundials are round

The romans would kick Jony Ive's rear end if he tried to make a square sundial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
An iPod, a sundial, an internet mobile communicator… Do you get it?

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
An iPod, a sundial, and an internet mobile communicator walk into a bar...

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
The iPod says "I can't make a phone call because I have no cellular radio".

The sundial says "I can't tell the time because there's no sun in here".

The internet mobile communicator says "I can't connect to anything because there's only one bar...and we're in it!"

I'll be here all week :downsrim:

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Guys it's Hermes, their handbags can get up to six figures. That watch is a cheap entry into the brand and will probably move a lot of units.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

EpicNemesis posted:

Guys it's Hermes, their handbags can get up to six figures. That watch is a cheap entry into the brand and will probably move a lot of units.

Yep, their most basic men's wallets start around $1,100

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Croc Monster posted:

Yeah, they're already out on amazon/ebay/alibaba and look just fine. Before the Hermes was even released, I saw some 3rd party cuff bands on Amazon and thought even then that they framed the watch better than a regular band.
But you don't get the Hermès watch faces :v:

(And apparently Hermès is in the iOS autocorrect dictionary)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Activity seems to be having a hiccup due to there being 25 hours today (in Europe); surprised they didn't think to incorporate Daylight Savings in this timekeeping device.

e: Holy gently caress, it actually straight up crashes if you try to go to the Stand wheel between 11pm and 12am.

TinTower fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 26, 2015

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
Just ordered the blue version of this - http://smile.amazon.com/Teslasz%AE-...watch+band+42mm . Trip report to follow.

killa-pope
May 21, 2008
New Apple Watch junkie here. Is there a way to limit the preview length in Mail notifications? The watch app shows only a couple lines preview in the inbox, but new message notifications show the entire email sometimes, which makes it a pain to get to the options at the bottom. Am I missing something obvious here?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Cover it with your hand and activate it again (tap, button press or raise your wrist). You should be back on the regular watch face now.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TinTower posted:

Activity seems to be having a hiccup due to there being 25 hours today (in Europe); surprised they didn't think to incorporate Daylight Savings in this timekeeping device.

e: Holy gently caress, it actually straight up crashes if you try to go to the Stand wheel between 11pm and 12am.

Haha, that's sweet. Daylight savings is coming in watchos 3!

killa-pope
May 21, 2008

Zwille posted:

Cover it with your hand and activate it again (tap, button press or raise your wrist). You should be back on the regular watch face now.

I guess I'm looking more for a way to easily access the mark as read/archive options. Seems like doing that would just give me access to the normal notification "Dismiss" option. Is my only choice to scroll way down or switch to the mail app?

I had no clue about cover to turn off the display though. Did it a couple times on accident, nice to know how to do it on purpose. Thanks!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Hmm, how about force press? Seems like that should bring up a menu with options.

Inside the settings you can only set the preview to 1 or 2 lines, but notifications sometimes ignore that from my experience.

killa-pope
May 21, 2008
Didn't work either. Guess I'll have to go into the mail app or scroll all the way down to archive or whatnot. First world problems.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

RVProfootballer posted:

Haha, that's sweet. Daylight savings is coming in watchos 3!

3.0.1 maintenance release.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

killa-pope posted:

I guess I'm looking more for a way to easily access the mark as read/archive options.
Have you tried swiping the message from right to left? That may/should give you a "... More" button which you can tap and mark it as read.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I'm surprised that the watch hosed up so badly on daylight savings. When I travel across time zones west it handles it like a champ and I think even gave me 2 standing points for the same 1 hour window. One would imagine it would treat daylight savings the same way.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
isn't daylight savings two days away. how are we future hosed

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Some people live in silly countries that start early.

killa-pope
May 21, 2008

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Have you tried swiping the message from right to left? That may/should give you a "... More" button which you can tap and mark it as read.

Yeah. That works in the app, but not on the initial notification. Tried on the body and header of the notification. Which, it doesn't seem to work if you're reading a message in the app either, so I guess it's somewhat consistent at least.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Endless Mike posted:

Some people live in silly countries that start early.

The US is silly for ending late. :colbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TinTower posted:

The US is silly for ending late. :colbert:

TBF we're all silly for using it at all in 2015.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Endless Mike posted:

TBF we're all silly for using it at all in 2015.

:agreed:

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Swiggity swoogity, I just bought myself a birthday present :toot:

(it's a cuff)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Croc Monster posted:

Swiggity swoogity, I just bought myself a birthday present :toot:

(it's a cuff)

Where dem pics at

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Coming soon!

I had to unpair my old watch and back up and carrier unlock my phone. I'm now setting up the new phone to which the watch will be paired. Should all be done in the next few hours.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Some cuff watch pics.

I really like it. Feels great, the leather has that luxury leather smell, and it's not tight on the wrist at all.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
That's not good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How much did it cost

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
it's great frosted flakes

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
My watch survived the daylight savings time switch :toot:. I did the time travel thing before and it properly moved the hour back when I was scrolling forward last night.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Croc Monster posted:

Some cuff watch pics.

I really like it. Feels great, the leather has that luxury leather smell, and it's not tight on the wrist at all.

Wow that actually looks better than the pictures on the website, if only they had an edition version :sigh:

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I'd personally return that watch dude. Or it just looks wrong in the photos.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.

Help Im Alive posted:

How much did it cost

That model is $1500 usd.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Surprised Three Olives didn't make that post

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Nice contrast stitching

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
you can probably buy a band that looks just like that on etsy for 60 united states dollars

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

you can probably buy a band that looks just like that on etsy for 60 united states dollars

Wouldn't have that luxury leather smell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
they probably sell luxury leather cologne at a mall kiosk for 15

• Locked thread