Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sailor Senshi?
This poll is closed.
Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino 6 4.51%
Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno 15 11.28%
Sailor Mars/Rei Hino 23 17.29%
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino 42 31.58%
Sailor Venus/Minako Aino 6 4.51%
why didnt you put the outers on here fucker 41 30.83%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I watched the first two episodes and didn't laugh once.

How dare you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Droyer posted:

I'm not the only one who misunderstood you. You have no right to claim something is "incredibly obvious" when you have failed to express what you mean repeatedly in the past.

Yeah, when I'm trying to make a point about something and screw it up, not when I was making a heavily sarcastic joke. Not a good joke, but still just a joke. This was incredibly obvious and I cannot fathom why you would choose to take it seriously.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Grouchio posted:

Does it get better?

It's mostly the same. If it doesn't click for you, it doesn't click for you.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Reds posted:

Yeah, when I'm trying to make a point about something and screw it up, not when I was making a heavily sarcastic joke. This was incredibly obvious and I cannot fathom why you would choose to take it seriously.

Wait, were you being sarcastic when you said the problem with Kill la Kill wasn't the incestuous molestation?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Reds posted:

Yeah, when I'm trying to make a point about something and screw it up, not when I was making a heavily sarcastic joke. Not a good joke, but still just a joke. This was incredibly obvious and I cannot fathom why you would choose to take it seriously.

What if... it wasn't incredibly obvious?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio, k-on, now

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Reds, don't try sarcasm, Droyer chill and think of robots.

Watch k-on

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Grouchio posted:

I watched the first two episodes and didn't laugh once.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Namtab posted:

Reds, don't try sarcasm, Droyer chill and think of robots.

Watch k-on

k-on doesn't have robots though???

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Woah~ Why don't Droyer and Reds just hurry up and gently caress? lmao

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

*the Droyer and Reds slap fight meme

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Droyer posted:

bleep bloop chillbot does not understand sarcasm chillbot will return to byob

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

boom boom boom posted:

Wait, were you being sarcastic when you said the problem with Kill la Kill wasn't the incestuous molestation?

I don't recall saying that.

Droyer posted:

Then I think you're being dense and you should accept that you misinterpreted it instead of trying to make a big deal out of it. And now that I said that, you will accuse me of being the one making a big deal out of it.

Because if I say "okay that joke was in poor taste, sorry", you won't accept it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

pon alien posted:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Reds is very vulgar online which leads me to believe that in real life every second word is "gently caress" for him.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

pon alien posted:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Reds posted:

Because if I say "okay that joke was in poor taste, sorry", you won't accept it.

Yes i would.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

.jpg posted:

What kind of comedy animes do you like Grouchio?
Well...
Concerning Otsumatsu, I didn't get much appeal from the annoying showa era gags or that completely random first episode, or from being forced to do slave labor for some toothy gently caress, or from some alpha brother ruining his brother's days and then storming off because he's sick of them. I only laughed when that shades guy fell into the river. Does this get better episode 3 onwards?

As for comedies I like, I go for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Prison School, the monogataris, Devil is a Part Timer, and of course, fuckin Looney Toons come to mind the most.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Reds posted:

Then I think you're being dense and you should accept that you misinterpreted it instead of trying to make a big deal out of it. And now that I said that, you will accuse me of being the one making a big deal out of it.

Droyer understands, Droyer cares

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Reds posted:

Reds posted:

No, because it ditched the status quo and people didn't like that.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

n-no

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Strange Quark posted:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/mr-osomatsu

It's an adaptation of a 60s gag manga. It's good.

I'll give it the One Episode Test.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

pon alien posted:

lol

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Well...
Concerning Otsumatsu, I didn't get much appeal from the annoying showa era gags or that completely random first episode, or from being forced to do slave labor for some toothy gently caress, or from some alpha brother ruining his brother's days and then storming off because he's sick of them. I only laughed when that shades guy fell into the river. Does this get better episode 3 onwards?

As for comedies I like, I go for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Prison School, the monogataris, Devil is a Part Timer, and of course, fuckin Looney Toons come to mind the most.
K-on

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Davincie posted:

they got a whole rack of vita games here with like 5 copies of criminal girls

What's that.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm just saying, if you say that the problem with the show wasn't incestuous molestation, and then say incestuous molestation is fine, maybe people won't read the second thing as a joke.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

littleorv posted:

That feel when you buy the creepy Vita game at EB games and the girl working the counter looks at you weird

one time I bought an atelier game and person and the counter asked what I thought of them since they were curious

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

pon alien posted:

It's true. I am incredibly tsundere

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
of course, fuckin Looney Tunes

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Reds I have some worldy advice for you. Quit overreacting AND apologizing all of the time.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'll give it the One Episode Test.

Solid.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Uh, what? I was talking about how the show changed from "fight a bunch of dudes in the school to eventually fight satsuki" to Ragyo being the main villain and the story changing directions from that.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I GOT AN EVER BIGGERER ROBOT

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Nichijou is probably the funniest anime I've watched. Devil Is A Part-Timer had some good joke's.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I'm just saying, if you say that the problem with the show wasn't incestuous molestation, and then say incestuous molestation is fine, maybe people won't read the second thing as a joke.

Yeah this

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Motto posted:

one time I bought an atelier game and person and the counter asked what I thought of them since they were curious

Which Vita Atelier game should I start with?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I GOT AN EVER BIGGERER ROBOT

But if it has bigger legs it will be easier to shoot the legs, and then the shoe will be on the other foot (which has been blown up)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kjqot9AQMg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Reds posted:

Uh, what? I was talking about how the show changed from "fight a bunch of dudes in the school to eventually fight satsuki" to Ragyo being the main villain and the story changing directions from that.

Right, so not the incestuous molestation? That was fine?

• Locked thread