Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Cardiac posted:

It is a pretty good troll when you call out someone for being a retard, they reply "your mom" and you reply that "she is dead". People don't usually know how to respond to that.

That's amateur hour, the proper response is "I have two gay dads".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Cardiac posted:

It is a pretty good troll when you call out someone for being a retard, they reply "your mom" and you reply that "she is dead". People don't usually know how to respond to that.

"I am delighted."

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 25, 2015

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Cardiac posted:

I have been informed that "that's why I made sure to bury her again after I was done" is a perfectly acceptable response, because, in America, one-upsmanship is the only thing that matters.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Speaking of loving the dead, people seem somewhat disappointed in the upcoming patch.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Prav posted:

Speaking of loving the dead, people seem somewhat disappointed in the upcoming patch.

On the other hand that video has nearly a million goddamn views. So.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Ensign Expendable posted:

That's amateur hour, the proper response is "I have two gay dads".

Tell them you have two dads but neither are gay.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

On the other hand that video has nearly a million goddamn views. So.

I bet that that's more than KTTS 35 had at this point so it's clearly a good sign.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
KTTS 36 has like 4 times the votes as 35 too. Loud and clear.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey Exia, hope you like playing pref 5s because I'm going to need to play the Churchill 3 for the next week:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/18/monster-showdown-contest/

Max XP mission, with every bonus included - personal reserve, first-win bonus, tank-xp bonus, mission bonus, clan reserve bonus. Hope to get a sick Churchill 3 match.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Hellsau posted:

Hey Exia, hope you like playing pref 5s because I'm going to need to play the Churchill 3 for the next week:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/18/monster-showdown-contest/

Max XP mission, with every bonus included - personal reserve, first-win bonus, tank-xp bonus, mission bonus, clan reserve bonus. Hope to get a sick Churchill 3 match.

Meh..... Steel will just steal it from me like last time.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Exia00 posted:

Meh..... Steel will just steal it from me like last time.

just get 15 oneshot blind kills in your M53 you lucky son of a bitch.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Hellsau posted:

just get 15 oneshot blind kills in your M53 you lucky son of a bitch.

I think i have used up all that good RNG. I had 3 monster arty games that week. I dont see me winning anything. Since everything is lumped together. Mediums and heavies will dominate it.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I wish I had a tank to shamelessly farm the KV-5 flood. :(

I have close to a 75% (probably around 73%) win rate in the IS-6 since the weekend started. Someone want to check that too?

Edit

I have a screen shot somewhere. This morning I was literally in a match with 20ish KV-5s.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 25, 2015

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Play armored warfare. It's literally better than WoT in every way.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Like, artillery is actually fun to play and not a nuisance to play against, armour means something, stock tanks aren't purposely gimped to get you to spend gold, spotting mechanics allow some form of reprive against cloaked tanks, greater variety of vehicle types including wheeled vehicles for maximum tonkyo driftu potential, bad teams are less of a handicap since tanks are more lethal, better matchmaking, power gap between tiers is smaller, better graphics and better art direction, etc.

I check in on this thread every now and then and half the posts are rage posts and I'm just wondering why you still play this game when AW exists?

Subyng fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 25, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
The 416 is the most balanced tank on tier 8. It's like significantly more balanced than all the other t8 tanks.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Subyng posted:

Play armored warfare. It's literally better than WoT in every way.

I disagree. I play both. Both are okay. Well, see ya!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Exia00 posted:

I think i have used up all that good RNG. I had 3 monster arty games that week. I dont see me winning anything. Since everything is lumped together. Mediums and heavies will dominate it.

No I'm reasonably certain that the Churchill 3 is going to take up all of the top 20 slots. +30% base xp is hard to beat.

ZombieLenin posted:

I have close to a 75% (probably around 73%) win rate in the IS-6 since the weekend started. Someone want to check that too?

Edit

I have a screen shot somewhere. This morning I was literally in a match with 20ish KV-5s.

I'll bite:

Congratulations, you've won an astonishing 11 out of your 16 IS-6 games! That is your fourth highest winrate among tanks, and the highest winrate in a tank with more than ten battles in it. Well done!

Actually no, not well done. Apparently in your pursuit of a doctorate degree you never learned the importance of sample size. Given that you had an average tier of 7.34 and 80 games played over this time period, and had an average damage of 832 and an overall winrate of 43.75% during that time period, I'm going to guess you did not contribute much to those matches and were simply the lucky recipient of several favorable coin flips. That you don't manage to average 2000 damage during KV-5fest is questionable - that you cannot even average 1000 is pitiful.

e: by comparison, here's my weekend (and some O-I games from Thursday):

Don't try to play tier tens, y'all.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 25, 2015

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
6-7 games today, all wins including a final match where I did absolutely nothing in my Maus except get slammed by a T54E1 and an FV4002 that I couldn't see. Finished my doubles and decided that was a good point to stop at. Will test the retards again tomorrow.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
Hey, so you can get your account back from WG after you sell it. Unfortunately, don't try selling it through the same vendor again because they won't let you do that.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
Also, my stat padding account is priestofstats@gmail.com

Password: 0drowssap0

(I made it easy for you fuckers)

Johngalt cobra commander is

Elliotkim@vzw.blackberry.net

Password: 0FuckOff0

Get hosed pubbies. This game sucks and I came out net positive cash flow. My only regret is not min/maxing cash flow which is the only stat anyone should care about.

If kingpengiun doesn't give me my money back il post JT 88 codes here too.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

God bless you.

e: also lol at someone being dumb enough to "buy" a WoT account without control of the email address.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Hellsau posted:

God bless you.

e: also lol at someone being dumb enough to "buy" a WoT account without control of the email address.

Holy poo poo... and I knew the guy that bought it, I wonder how much crying will occur in TS.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Prav posted:

Why?

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
How to carry team. Without any 100% first skills.

I will make this a video but i cant be bothered to right now.
http://wotreplays.com/site/2236872#fisherman_s_bay-exiafs-stb-1

Exia00 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 26, 2015

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

I disagree. I play both. Both are okay. Well, see ya!

It's already a little better than WoT - and unlike WoT, which is getting worse over time, AW is actually getting better.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

lDDQD posted:

It's already a little better than WoT - and unlike WoT, which is getting worse over time, AW is actually getting better.

People said literally that exact same thing about War Thunder tanks and now you can buy a loving rocket tank that just spews rockets at other players. So what I'm saying is you're totally correct and hopefully Wargaming figures out that we want to fire a hundred rockets at other players.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
For the e50 which gun should I get first; the 8.8 or the 10.5?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
If you're talking about the 88L100, you should only unlock that gun after you unlock the E50M. But only if you get bored or something.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

People said literally that exact same thing about War Thunder tanks and now you can buy a loving rocket tank that just spews rockets at other players. So what I'm saying is you're totally correct and hopefully Wargaming figures out that we want to fire a hundred rockets at other players.

say what!?!?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Agrajag posted:

say what!?!?

The Terminator in AW can fire 4 ATGMs in a row at people which is hilarious.

E: At least that what I thought he was talking about, maybe he means that Sherman in WT that has rockets installed on it.

Also I haven't played WoT in a couple of weeks but I got this today in my message box.

"Who do u think u are calling me trash? U dont know me u dumb [edited]! Learn to play as a team, instead tryin to be a hero< oh BTW, u were reported by 7 other players. f moron punk kid!! tell ur daddy about that, [edited]OFF PUNK!"

I would normally think it was sent in mistake but I do insult people alot in WoT chat so it might be some sort of delayed butthurt.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 26, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

say what!?!?

Here you go, watch this.

If I could buy that tank with my free WoT gold I would switch over to War Thunder and just play RocketTank all day.

e: trigger warning mute ASAP.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

JohnGalt posted:

Hey, so you can get your account back from WG after you sell it. Unfortunately, don't try selling it through the same vendor again because they won't let you do that.

Lol, I know of a dude who did this; he waited until the 90-day (or whatever) Paypal dispute resolution period was over, then stole his own former account. I'm surprised that you did it though if you don't intend to play again.

JohnGalt posted:

Get hosed pubbies. This game sucks and I came out net positive cash flow. My only regret is not min/maxing cash flow which is the only stat anyone should care about.

If kingpengiun doesn't give me my money back il post JT 88 codes here too.

Hmm, I think we could try to get those codes resold to get some of your money back, if you're interested. I could advertise it here when I post, or over TS, looking for any goon who hasn't redeemed any of those codes. You have what, 3 available?

Also, you'd mentioned that you bought JGCC in the first place; did you get control of the e-mail account or just luckily never got hosed over by the seller?

RandomPauI posted:

Free XP the top 105. No other gun is worth using, and it's not really playable without it. Also the engine upgrade is probably worth using free XP as well; it's playable without it, but is noticeably sluggish. You'll eventually research the Pinocchio88 when you finish the grind and keep the tank to elite it (it's really good, totally worth keeping) but it's not a good idea to actually use the gun (over the long 105, at least.)

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Hellsau posted:

I'll bite:

Congratulations, you've won an astonishing 11 out of your 16 IS-6 games! That is your fourth highest winrate among tanks, and the highest winrate in a tank with more than ten battles in it. Well done!

Actually no, not well done. Apparently in your pursuit of a doctorate degree you never learned the importance of sample size. Given that you had an average tier of 7.34 and 80 games played over this time period, and had an average damage of 832 and an overall winrate of 43.75% during that time period, I'm going to guess you did not contribute much to those matches and were simply the lucky recipient of several favorable coin flips. That you don't manage to average 2000 damage during KV-5fest is questionable - that you cannot even average 1000 is pitiful.

e: by comparison, here's my weekend (and some O-I games from Thursday):

Don't try to play tier tens, y'all.

:dogbutton:

Has ZL bought every single gold tank and free exp'd his way to tier 9? It's like he desperately wants to find that magic tank that will make him good.

Also I can get no time to play tanks these days and last time I did I tried out AW. I don't think it's better, just different - the best thing I could see about it is stock tanks aren't completely useless like in wot, and arty is limited to 2 a side so arty folk have to wait a few minutes to get a battle.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
wtf is this.

cant press it due to some filter at work.

e: also spooky stuff

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 26, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Subyng posted:

Like, artillery is actually fun to play and not a nuisance to play against, armour means something, stock tanks aren't purposely gimped to get you to spend gold, spotting mechanics allow some form of reprive against cloaked tanks, greater variety of vehicle types including wheeled vehicles for maximum tonkyo driftu potential, bad teams are less of a handicap since tanks are more lethal, better matchmaking, power gap between tiers is smaller, better graphics and better art direction, etc.

I check in on this thread every now and then and half the posts are rage posts and I'm just wondering why you still play this game when AW exists?

AW is better in (nearly) every way. I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the arty though. It's less of a nuisance to play against, but that's mostly because they keep moving and counterbatterying an awful lot. If a guy gets his sights set on you it's loving terrible, better hide behind that rock for a minute and hope he's not a patient bastard, and that your team didn't gently caress everything up while you hid.
As for playing arty...having to constantly move to avoid counterbattery is pretty drat annoying. I don't really know why people keep doing it, since by the time they've actually managed to kill off the enemy arty the battle is usually decided one way or another. I spend my time firing at actual enemy tanks instead, and often do more damage than all the other arty in the battle combined. I guess it still beats WoT arty though.

tl;dr: arty is still annoying, but a lot less so than in WoT, what with longer flight times and much less damage per shell and stuff.

RandomPauI posted:

The 105. The superlong 88 is worse in every way, and costs about 2/3 of the exp the 105 does anyway.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So the last special tank revealed for October is the Two-Headed Monster. We were all hoping for the MTLS and expecting the KV-5. Well it is up on the frontpage - the Two-Headed Monster is....

drumroll...

The Tog II and the Sexton 1! gently caress off Wargaming, you incompetent shits, please let us pay you money for actual good tanks that we don't have and want badly.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

that the Sexton I even exists is a farce in itself

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

that the Sexton I even exists is a farce in itself

The Sexton 2 isn't much of an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

well no, what with being the same drat SPG and all