Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

i would kill myself to see machine grill live

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

spectres of autism posted:

hmmm

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

spectres of autism posted:

:-/

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

there are tons of mentally ill otakukin in brooklyn, for some reason. queens wins again

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

d0s posted:

there are tons of mentally ill otakukin in brooklyn, for some reason. queens wins again

are they natives or newcomers? i'd imagine the former, as i can't imagine that these types of people would be able to summon the resources to move to nyc.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Babies first sound mixer crossed with bad 90's Drum and Bass.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

are they natives or newcomers? i'd imagine the former, as i can't imagine that these types of people would be able to summon the resources to move to nyc.

the second thing actually, they have rich parents

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

d0s posted:

the second thing actually, they have rich parents

Isn't that basically 100% of brooklyn right now?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

Isn't that basically 100% of brooklyn right now?

combination of that and startup/tech weridos

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
And you know, all the black and Hispanic families that still live in Brooklyn.

Brooklyn is more than just Williamsburg

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

second-hand smegma posted:

not saying the victim was on his phone, too, but I really wouldn't be surprised. I see people (especially snake people) using crosswalks with their heads down all the time, assuming that because liability is on their side that cars would this magically stop for them.
This is normal in Rome and if you are from a sane country it takes a bit of getting used to

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Toadvine posted:

And you know, all the black and Hispanic families that still live in Brooklyn.

Brooklyn is more than just Williamsburg

Yeah I know, I work in sunset park, where those black and hispanic families are right now being priced out by the people we're talking about as the wave of terror moves south. I just assume that in this thread when somebody talks about brooklyn they're talking about gentrified brooklyn, which will pretty soon be all of brooklyn

e: lol if you think it's just williamsburg tho

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

spacemang_spliff posted:

my firstborn is going to be Stephen Austin

I'm not sure what generation this puts you in. I wanted to be Astronaut Steve Austin when I was five.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

www.skullmund.com

d0s posted:

Yeah I know, I work in sunset park, where those black and hispanic families are right now being priced out by the people we're talking about as the wave of terror moves south. I just assume that in this thread when somebody talks about brooklyn they're talking about gentrified brooklyn, which will pretty soon be all of brooklyn

I used to work for a record label in bed stuy about seven years ago. i remember thinking to myself "these rappers singing about how dangerous and hard bed stuy is are full of poo poo. if these clowns think bed stuy is tough, they wouldn't last 5 minutes in detroit"

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

d0s posted:

I imagine a lot of people think brooklyn is younger, trendier manhattan but theres still a ton of dilapidated poo poo in brooklyn. I live in bedstuy and if it wasnt for the occasional newboxy apartment buildings between brownstones youd never guess that rich whites were living there.

e: maybe not rich, just less poor.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Toadvine posted:

I imagine a lot of people think brooklyn is younger, trendier manhattan but theres still a ton of dilapidated poo poo in brooklyn. I live in bedstuy and if it wasnt for the occasional newboxy apartment buildings between brownstones youd never guess that rich whites were living there.

Why live somewhere full of "dilapidated poo poo" when you could live somewhere actually nice for the same money in a less cool boro? Serious question, I'm a queens native and have never understood the attraction people (usually from other places) have to really grody brooklyn hoods

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

.jpg

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
my rent here is affordable, it was the nicest place I found in the short timeframe I had, and my commute is short.

e: plus its a 6-month lease so I anticipate this being a short term situation while I work and save toward something nicer. but maybe I'll stay, its not a bad neighborhood, it just doesn't look as nice.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 25, 2015

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
What's the US' nicest cheap city? I hear Pittsburgh's underrated with normalish cost-of-living.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Accretionist posted:

What's the US' nicest cheap city? I hear Pittsburgh's underrated with normalish cost-of-living.

Pittsburgh is cool but falling over itself with all those loving hils.

I like cleveland, traffic is nice and theres a bunch of intersting stuff going on, but I want to move somewhere the weather is warm all year.

Cleveland, where you can enjoy yourself and not have to try too hard.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Toadvine posted:

back when manhattan was young and trendy, there was a ton of dilapidated poo poo there.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Accretionist posted:

philadelphia.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Accretionist posted:

It depends on what you want. Despite the 3-o hate, I enjoy living in Dallas. Can still find quality places for $1.15/sq ft/mo.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

www.skullmund.com

Accretionist posted:

cleveland's a cool city.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Accretionist posted:

Des Moines Iowa, hands down.

naem
May 29, 2011

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

cleveland's a cool city.

https://youtu.be/ysmLA5TqbIY
https://youtu.be/oZzgAjjuqZM

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Babies first sound mixer crossed with bad 90's Drum and Bass.

Baby's first Amen break. Ugh. There's a reason we retired it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SaFTm2bcac

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

Des Moines Iowa, hands down.

please don't summon him.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

I want this unironically.

That Kid
Oct 27, 2015

by Cowcaster

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

gently caress yeah

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

My bae

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

:omarcomin:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Generation redeemed.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

She aint interested in anyone postin in this thread

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

www.skullmund.com

vacuous.jpg

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

That would depend on what floor she's on probably.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

NESguerilla posted:

That would depend on what floor she's on probably.

touche

This ab's gag tshirt is finally gonna pay off

That Kid
Oct 27, 2015

by Cowcaster

KoRMaK posted:

LMAO exactly. Must be 6'4 white and alpha to ride that ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

you don't have to be tall and attractive when you know memes like I do

• Locked thread