Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Yeah, I mean, this is like the EASIEST question to answer!

- do I breathe
- do I bleed
- do I have emotions besides "angst" (okay this one is a toughie)

phew I am not an Android, welp this was easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Simply Simon posted:

But Shadow is also an Android :psyduck: (or not? I can't make heads or tails of this braindead story)

I'm sure analog sticks have nothing to do with any problems with the game. It just controls terribly.

I'm pretty sure he's not, but for some reason in one of the endings Eggman or something convinces him he is and then I AM AN ANDROID is part of his THIS IS WHO I AM speech. Shockingly for this game, it seems poorly thought-out and barely explored. :v:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's revealed in a single line of dialogue that Shadow isn't an android. Said single line of dialogue only shows up if you spend more time on the final boss than anybody reasonably should.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It can't be overstated how terrible Lost Impact is. It's the video game level equivalent of actually having AIDS. If you miss just one of those stupid Artificial Chaos in any one of the nearly identical rooms, you'll spend the next 6 hours trying to hunt it down and kill it. Do yourself a favor and just skip around it to get the ending on that path. Better yet, do yourself a favor and never play Shadow the Hedgehog.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It sort of feels like this level and the level directly above it were switched at some point because this level segues into the Neutral-Hero final level much better than the Full Hero and the level above it is the only outcome where "I AM THE ULTIMATE HEDGEHOG" makes any sense.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Simply Simon posted:

- do I breathe
- do I bleed

Even in Blade Runner with the ultra advanced ones, there was a relatively simple test without modern medical technologies. The only thing Shadow would have to do is get an MRI or get real close to the MRI machine. Even if he's some super advanced carbon fiber thing that wouldn't be flung at the machine, the electromagnet would screw with any electronics

Hey, I just found a plot hole in Terminator 3...

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

- do I breathe
- do I bleed

Of course not.

Now, describe in single words only the good things that come into your mind about... your mother.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Simply Simon posted:

But Shadow is also an Android :psyduck: (or not? I can't make heads or tails of this braindead story)

I'm sure analog sticks have nothing to do with any problems with the game. It just controls terribly.

Shadow in Shadow the Hedgehog is not an android. He has amnesia due to falling from space onto his head, and everyone told him he was one, so he thinks that he is one, but he is not.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

TwoPair posted:

Well yeah I figured that, but like, is it fighting? Racing? Are both players Shadow? Or do you get to wield guns as Knuckles?

There are 6 shadows to pick from. One is shadow, one is shadow but yellow, and the other 4 are silver shadows with different colored stripes. The silver ones don't get to pick up guns, but have built in grenade launchers/smgs (depending on which one you pick) and the yellow and red shadow basically play exactly like single player.

You run around in some levels and try to kill eachother.

It was poo poo but I had fun with it still. Of course, kid me probably had bad opinions about this game, since I basically did everything except fill out every single path. Yes the game keeps track of which exact path you take to the ending and has names for every single one of them. They expected you to play Westopolis 326 times to 100% everything, before taking into consideration keys and A ranks.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Don't worry everyone; the multiplayer portion of this game will get its chance to shine before the end of the LP.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

This video has all the insight of shadow's really cool back story and learn about a tragic disease

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUGOv_dya1s

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

corn in the bible posted:

Shadow in Shadow the Hedgehog is not an android. He has amnesia due to falling from space onto his head, and everyone told him he was one, so he thinks that he is one, but he is not.

I love how incredibly silly that sounds even though it's the the most straight-faced way you could explain that part of the plot.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Mr. Soop posted:

I love how incredibly silly that sounds even though it's the the most straight-faced way you could explain that part of the plot.

I mean if you ask me more stories need developments like "this character is transparently being taken advantage of in the most baldfaced and straightforward manner possible".

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
Neuro Immuno Deficiency Syndrome
It's like AIDS, but for your brain!tm

I'm surprised more characters haven't contracted NIDS.

Because they're all screwed in the head

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

:siren: Update Time! :siren:

I've got a big value proposition for you folks; from here on out every episode will include at least one ending! :frogc00l: This time around we're tackling the semi-dark endings, which are about as lukewarm as you might expect. At the very least, we get to learn about Sonic's political leanings.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

My "Songs to Make Love by" tape is just the Sonic Spinball options music.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

SatAM and numerous other supplementary materials show that Sonic is a Freedom Fighter, so he's probably an anarcho-communist.

Shadow is an edgy teen, so he's probably a libertarian, or one of those dudes who claims he's apolitical and doesn't vote.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shadow watches South Park and thinks the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I love that, no matter what, you still karate chop Eggman in his stupid loving face

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

My "Song to Make Love To" CD is actually a DVD with Aphex Twin's Windowlicker video on it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Shadow watches South Park and thinks the truth lies somewhere in every single possible position simultaneously.
Fixed that for you.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My "Song to Make Love To" CD contains a mashup of the Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun OP and Walk the Dinosaur.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

You guys just sort of glossed over that there was a level where one of the goals was to assassinate the President of the United States.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Fire Woman is actually a song by a band named The Cult, Crush 40 just did a cover of it.

I remember I heard it once over FM radio, and even though I can't imagine why, I'm pretty sure they used the Crush 40 version.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Spikey posted:

You guys just sort of glossed over that there was a level where one of the goals was to assassinate the President of the United States.

Or maybe that's a thing they're going to do in another video.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Wanamingo posted:

Fire Woman is actually a song by a band named The Cult, Crush 40 just did a cover of it.

Yeah, they mention that in the video.

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
I didn't think I'd ever hear a character like Tails telling me to murder everyone but then this game happened.

So. Neat. I guess.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
My name is Shadow the Hedgehog. You killed by father. This is who I am!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Inco posted:

Yeah, they mention that in the video.

Oh. :sigh:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There were a few non-Sonic songs on Crush 40's last album, and before they were doing Sonic buttrock they were doing racing game buttrock.
https://youtu.be/bQ-jrf9UuGM

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Dabir posted:

There were a few non-Sonic songs on Crush 40's last album, and before they were doing Sonic buttrock they were doing racing game buttrock.

First verse of that was just "Hey kids, remember Sanic games? We sure did that stuff." :jerkbag:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Fabulousvillain posted:

First verse of that was just "Hey kids, remember Sanic games? We sure did that stuff." :jerkbag:

First verse?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

alcharagia posted:

First verse?

I didn't finish it alright, I'm so sorry if you did.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Shadow watches South Park and thinks the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Silver uses twitter and knows that truth only exists in wildly diametric opposites, and if you're not with him you're against him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tails uses Tumblr and goes hog on anyone who draws Big the Cat maybe kinda skinny.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Well, a bit of digging has produced The complete list of route names. They are magical.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I kept hearing "the heel gun" throughout the update and that led to mild disappointment. Shadow did do an evil turn, though.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Fabulousvillain posted:

I didn't finish it alright, I'm so sorry if you did.

Properly-prepared Crush 40 buttrock is an important aspect of Sonic the Heghod appreciation and that includes Sonic youth, the true theme song to Sonic Generations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

My "Song to Make Love To" CD contains a mashup of the Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun OP and Walk the Dinosaur.

This is really good. :allears:

Dabir posted:

This reminds me of that one Zebrahead song where the chorus consists entirely of the names of songs that were in Guitar Hero 3.

Spikey posted:

When it comes to Shadow the Hedgehog this is just business as usual and I say that in earnest. by the time I got this far into recording footage I was already so used to the over-the-top edginess that an assassination attempt on the president didn't even strike me as weird any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
he survives though so that the pre-gun fortress cutscenes can make sense

• Locked thread