Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Apollodorus posted:

Psst...the Empire are the bad guys.

I mean I guess it could be like Das Boot or something where the Germans aren't really the good guys but they are human and that's what we care about, but OTOH Stormtroopers are literally the army run by the most evil man in the universe and so were Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine.

Finn is a stormtrooper who turns face in the new starwar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Lol if you don't think the Empire is better than the rebellion.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chill la Chill posted:

Everyone in star wars has a family, I'm sure if you looked it up wookieepedia would confirm it

What about Sheev?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Improbable Lobster posted:

Vader gives him Han and then he goes out like a chump.

Cool armour only goes so far

I will cut youuuuuuu

Also who do you think tracked them to cloud city

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

effectual posted:

What about Sheev?

If you read the book about him yes, he did have a family.

Then he murdered them all so he could inherit.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Xenomrph posted:

I will cut youuuuuuu

Also who do you think tracked them to cloud city

He got pretty frigin lucky. If they'd dumped trash (including his ship) and the Millenium Falcon hadn't been hiding like they were he'd be completely without any sort of lead and sitting in space with a bunch of trash.

And face it, he died like a bitch. He couldn't hit Luke from a few feet away and was killed by a combination of a blind guy blundering around and a sand vagina.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I want one of the 3 billion spinoff movies they're undoubtedly going to make to be just a straight-up war movie following a stormtrooper squad. Like a kid-friendly We Were Soldiers or Black Hawk Down or whatever with blasters and plastic armor. Just a whole movie of stormtrooping and TIE strafing runs.

They pretty much did that once or twice in The Clone Wars.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Pook Good Mook posted:

He got pretty frigin lucky. If they'd dumped trash (including his ship) and the Millenium Falcon hadn't been hiding like they were he'd be completely without any sort of lead and sitting in space with a bunch of trash.

And face it, he died like a bitch. He couldn't hit Luke from a few feet away and was killed by a combination of a blind guy blundering around and a sand vagina.

LOL look at this newb thinkin Boba Fett died in the Sarlacc the first time he was in there.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

gohuskies posted:

LOL look at this newb thinkin Boba Fett died in the Sarlacc the first time he was in there.

I too owned Tales of the Bounty Hunters. But as it is no longer canon I have since burned it. Must stay pure to the source material.

But holy poo poo, googling it, apparently they ALREADY alluded to his possibly getting out of the Sarlacc in the newest novel meant to set up the new movie ("Aftermath"). They couldn't get past THE FIRST loving NOVEL before they started making the same mistakes again.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pook Good Mook posted:

I too owned Tales of the Bounty Hunters. But as it is no longer canon I have since burned it. Must stay pure to the source material.

But holy poo poo, googling it, apparently they ALREADY alluded to his possibly getting out of the Sarlacc in the newest novel meant to set up the new movie ("Aftermath"). They couldn't get past THE FIRST loving NOVEL before they started making the same mistakes again.
Can you elaborate on this? Boba Fett surviving is an objectively good thing, death to all heretics who disagree

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
boba fat? more liek boba fag :smuggo:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if they have him survive it'd be dumb as hell. people only liked boba fett because "hey he looks cool and his ship looks cool". putting him and his dad in the prequels was the worst kind of fanwankin

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Apollodorus posted:

Psst...the Empire are the bad guys.

So am I :twisted:

TK-42-1 posted:

Lol if you don't think the Empire is better than the rebellion.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Someone post the pic of the boba Fett actor without his helmet on standing around trying to look cool in front of the twi'lek actress

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Groovelord Neato posted:

if they have him survive it'd be dumb as hell. people only liked boba fett because "hey he looks cool and his ship looks cool". putting him and his dad in the prequels was the worst kind of fanwankin

To be fair the Jango/Obiwan fight in Episode 2 was pretty cool

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

After the new movie comes out, I wonder how long it will take people to come up with rpg stats for everything in the sequel?

RFC2324 posted:

I had to spend an hour the other night listening to a couple of guys at work try to convince me the prequels were better than the ot.

Aw hellll no!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Xenomrph posted:

To be fair the Jango/Obiwan fight in Episode 2 was pretty cool

no it wasn't! stop! i know rlm review made it a cliche (even though it's true) but a fight is only as good as the emotion/reason behind it. otherwise it's sound and fury signifying nothing.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

After the new movie comes out, I wonder how long it will take people to come up with rpg stats for everything in the sequel?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thanks, friend.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Xenomrph posted:

Can you elaborate on this? Boba Fett surviving is an objectively good thing, death to all heretics who disagree
/

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

It would also be nice to see a movie about rebel terrorists who grow a conscience and realize what it is they're doing to people who were just doing a job, trying to get an education at the Academy for later non-military careers.

It's always kind of bothered me that they had Luke start the movie dreaming of joining the Imperial Academy, meaning that a lot of stormtroopers and TIE pilots and whatever else are probably generally good people roped in by propaganda or kids dreaming of escaping their shithole planet or whatever, and then never followed up on it at all.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Also re: Boba Fett, I don't really care if they bring him back or not but that idea someone else posted about someone else taking the name/armor like a Dread Space Pirate Roberts is insanely cool and they should do that.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah. I mean I know it's a science fantasy hero's journey but I really would like that sort of take on it too. I mean, sucks to be that guy whose serving aboard the Death Star, home planet was Alderaan, and was two weeks away from retirement at Yavin.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

... Walter White?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

They should go with a slightly repainted armor and use the Jodo Kast copycat story. I could see a new "Fett" being cool but I lol at thinking the original was in any way competent. All he really did was wait to see where the falcon was hiding when it disappeared from the sonar.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Chill la Chill posted:

They should go with a slightly repainted armor and use the Jodo Kast copycat story. I could see a new "Fett" being cool but I lol at thinking the original was in any way competent. All he really did was wait to see where the falcon was hiding when it disappeared from the sonar.
I guess all of us have bad and wrong opinions once in a while, and this is yours

It's okay we can still be cool Star Wars buddies, namaste

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah. I mean I know it's a science fantasy hero's journey but I really would like that sort of take on it too. I mean, sucks to be that guy whose serving aboard the Death Star, home planet was Alderaan, and was two weeks away from retirement at Yavin.

This is kind of the backstory for Tycho Something in the x-wing books. He defected after they popped Alderaan.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

TK-42-1 posted:

This is kind of the backstory for Tycho Something in the x-wing books. He defected after they popped Alderaan.

Tycho and Wedge had a pretty well written chemistry and it always bummed me out they spent so much time circle jerking in those books to that goddamed mary Sue Corran

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Xenomrph posted:

I guess all of us have bad and wrong opinions once in a while, and this is yours

It's okay we can still be cool Star Wars buddies, namaste

It's ok friend, namaste

Booblord Zagats posted:

Tycho and Wedge had a pretty well written chemistry and it always bummed me out they spent so much time circle jerking in those books to that goddamed mary Sue Corran

You were reading the wrong X wing books

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm still disappointed that for X-wing they haven't made a Lt. Ketch promo card for wedge yet

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Chill la Chill posted:

It's ok friend, namaste

You were reading the wrong X wing books

Wraith was the best, no doubt.

Also the one they wrote about going to the backwoods world that glorified pilots and had tazer stick duels was awesome.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Groovelord Neato posted:

no it wasn't! stop! i know rlm review made it a cliche (even though it's true) but a fight is only as good as the emotion/reason behind it. otherwise it's sound and fury signifying nothing.

Nah, fight scenes can be fine in a vacuum even if they're meaningless in the greater context of a film

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

It's always kind of bothered me that they had Luke start the movie dreaming of joining the Imperial Academy, meaning that a lot of stormtroopers and TIE pilots and whatever else are probably generally good people roped in by propaganda or kids dreaming of escaping their shithole planet or whatever, and then never followed up on it at all.

That's probably because there's a scene missing from the theatrical release (although it appears in the novelization and radio play, so it's still canon) where Biggs Darklighter comes back from the Imperial Academy and tells Luke that it's not all that it's cracked up to be and he's going off to join the Rebel Alliance.

Speaking of which, I never know why Lucas deleted that scene. There's scenes in the hangar on Yavin where all of a sudden there's this guy Luke knows. They even kept the dramatic pause in the Trench Run when Vader kills Biggs, with Luke in shock for a moment at his friend's death.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Young Freud posted:

That's probably because there's a scene missing from the theatrical release (although it appears in the novelization and radio play, so it's still canon) where Biggs Darklighter comes back from the Imperial Academy and tells Luke that it's not all that it's cracked up to be and he's going off to join the Rebel Alliance.

Speaking of which, I never know why Lucas deleted that scene. There's scenes in the hangar on Yavin where all of a sudden there's this guy Luke knows. They even kept the dramatic pause in the Trench Run when Vader kills Biggs, with Luke in shock for a moment at his friend's death.

I guess making it get under 2 hours? They could've cut a few secs from some of the early desert scenes where it's just robots walking for a few minutes.

I always liked that little scene where Luke meets Biggs just before the battle, and it's only like 30 seconds! If I made a fan edit I'd keep it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nah, fight scenes can be fine in a vacuum even if they're meaningless in the greater context of a film

they cannot. it's like saying a special effect is good on its own and not useless when not used for the story.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Groovelord Neato posted:

they cannot. it's like saying a special effect is good on its own and not useless when not used for the story.

Guess you've never heard of FX demos either, so that's two things you're very wrong about.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Booblord Zagats posted:

Wraith was the best, no doubt.

Also the one they wrote about going to the backwoods world that glorified pilots and had tazer stick duels was awesome.
Starfighters of Adumar, aka The Best X-wing Novel.

I said it once and I'll say it again, RIP Aaron Allston.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Xenomrph posted:

Starfighters of Adumar, aka The Best X-wing Novel.

I said it once and I'll say it again, RIP Aaron Allston.

Allston could actually write comedy. thats easily one of the rarest skills in modern authors, and homeboy was relegated to publishing fan fiction. RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Guess you've never heard of FX demos either, so that's two things you're very wrong about.

wth

• Locked thread