Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
lol I want SKT to sweep the whole thing with absolutely no challenge because I like that but I think Veigar is a boring dumb champion that props up people who shouldn't do nearly as well

also China still sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Demicol posted:

I tuned in near the end, you can call me a noob but what was that metallic disc on the ground in various places? I assume it's some new item I haven't seen since I haven't played in a while.

Skarner's new passive spawns Crystal Spires around the map that either team can claim, and he gains powerful bonuses when fighting within the radius of one.

rabidsquid posted:

All of the salty whining about Veigar in this thread because people are sad that EU is losing is dumb as poo poo. It sucks to watch your favorite team lose but holy poo poo Veigar is not unbeatable.

I don't give a rat's rear end who wins, but trying to fight against a character that punishes you for doing well and who can pretty much instantly kill anyone who builds even a smidgen of AP by lategame by clicking on them is incredibly poor design.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

All of the salty whining about Veigar in this thread because people are sad that EU is losing is dumb as poo poo. It sucks to watch your favorite team lose but holy poo poo Veigar is not unbeatable.

1 button champs that instaburst and you can't outplay are cancer sry

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nobody would be saying this if FNC was bodying KOO with Veigar. Nobody said poo poo about him when C9 first unleashed it.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
and kuro is not a good player imo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

who the gently caress dresses the analyst desk.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Well yeah Kuro isn't good. He actually played pretty badly during parts of this game and had some bad cages.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

rabidsquid posted:

you're hella projecting dude, I'm pretty sure people were laughing about how ridiculously dumb Veigar is for most of the tournament

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

rabidsquid posted:

Nobody would be saying this if FNC was bodying KOO with Veigar. Nobody said poo poo about him when C9 first unleashed it.

Plenty of people said that Veigar was bullshit, come on.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

I think he's a dumb champion, but Fnatic didn't lose because of just Veigar

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Oh for sure man

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

rabidsquid posted:

Oh for sure man

I don't think Veigar is the reason Fnatic lost but people were laughing at how ridiculous Veigar is when Bjergsen nearly carried all of TSM to victory against KT with him

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
And rabidsquid wonders why people give him poo poo lol

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think the fast push turrets with Veigar thing is boring to watch for sure but seeing like two straight pages of :cry: Veigar :cry: was dumb. Sorry.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

IXIX posted:

Plenty of people said that Veigar was bullshit, come on.

I've been saying he's bullshit since, like, Season 4. Even pre-rework, he was an oppressive pile of garbage; post-rework, he's approaching a 50% ban rate, and for good reason.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
people have been saying Veigar is dumb poo poo all tournament regardless of who plays him but yeah I guess it's these rabid european fans who definitely feel cheated out of that sure-to-be-close final against South Korean Telecom Team 1

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

henkman posted:

And rabidsquid wonders why people give him poo poo lol

Nah I just thought this was funny. I knew people weren't going to like it.

seizure later posted:

people have been saying Veigar is dumb poo poo all tournament regardless of who plays him but yeah I guess it's these rabid european fans who definitely feel cheated out of that sure-to-be-close final against South Korean Telecom Team 1

See this is funny

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Fnatic screwed up early again at an outer tower, they should have been patient with getting the top outer down with creep pressure rather than letting Koo use it as bait. Or at least have a better response ready for it.

Rond
Mar 2, 2015

Groovelord Neato posted:

who the gently caress dresses the analyst desk.

I think they have a dress code and then they can add personal items such as bow tie or tie (Montecristo had a tie showing SKT colors)

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
I mean the counterplay to Veigar is flanking or getting picks with superior vision. Right?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The series isn't even over either. KOO didn't really dominate either game.

edit: They almost threw a game where they had three inhibs

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
A champion with infinite ap scaling, high ap ratios on his abilities (including 1:1 on his W), large zone control in his not difficult to use E, and an ultimate that punishes ap champs for building ap is dumb as poo poo even if I enjoy playing him.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hypnorotic posted:

I mean the counterplay to Veigar is flanking right? Or getting picks with superior vision.

That's the counterplay to pretty much everyone, though. The point is that there's no other champion in the game countered by flanking or superior vision who can press a single button on you and deal 130% of your HP.

Like, I enjoy playing Zyra, right? I'm countered by flanking and the enemy team having superior vision, because I have limited CC, mobility, and effective HP (the lowest in the game!). However, I also cannot click on someone with R and watch them vaporize. This is what people are complaining about.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
I much prefer pages of analysis as to why China is arguably the second or third worst region in the world after buying some of the best players on the planet, so we can definitely go back to that

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
FNC should probably go full soloq and ban TK, GP and Veigar next game and any games that might follow.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rond posted:

I think they have a dress code and then they can add personal items such as bow tie or tie (Montecristo had a tie showing SKT colors)

they dress like how 12 year olds think grown ups dress. i guess all esports commentators have poo poo fashion sense but this is a whole notha level.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

seizure later posted:

I much prefer pages of analysis as to why China is arguably the second or third worst region in the world after buying some of the best players on the planet, so we can definitely go back to that

:kiddo:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

The Mattybee posted:

you're hella projecting dude, I'm pretty sure people were laughing about how ridiculously dumb Veigar is for most of the tournament

rabidsquid I just walked out and checked my mail and I received this postcard from you?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

We're getting uncomfortably close to the dreaded Korean vs Korean final, especially when KT isn't one of them.

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
Does Krepo wear suspenders because he thinks it makes him look taller or seem smarter?

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
My money is on Fiora not being banned again and Smeb just laughing visibly on camera for 20 minutes

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hypnorotic posted:

Does Krepo wear suspenders because he thinks it makes him look taller or seem smarter?

it's because these guys are nerds with no fashion sense. i don't think a single one i've seen on camera has been dressed properly.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

seizure later posted:

My money is on Fiora not being banned again and Smeb just laughing visibly on camera for 20 minutes

yea probably

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

rabidsquid I just walked out and checked my mail and I received this postcard from you?

Well I do love Rudy Gobert

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You only have to dress well enough to nail streamer babes guys

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Lmao Veigar ban

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

hypnorotic posted:

I mean the counterplay to Veigar is flanking or getting picks with superior vision. Right?

You can just pick poke or safe wave clear mid like Varus/Viktor and make sieges against you untenable

You can also build merc treads and magic resist on your tilting toplaner

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Oh they left fiora up and didn't first pick it lol

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Again no fiora ban while Huni doesn't play it :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate