Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

exethan posted:

You only have to dress well enough to nail streamer babes guys

you can do that in jorts and a zelda shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Please pick Fiora here.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I actually think trading Rek'Sai for Lulu is pretty good for FNC, although I guess having Kuro on Lulu is okay. It would be better for FNC to get so making KOO take it and still getting Rek'sai is smart.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Vermain posted:

That's the counterplay to pretty much everyone, though. The point is that there's no other champion in the game countered by flanking or superior vision who can press a single button on you and deal 130% of your HP.

The counterplay to Veigar ult is Zhonya's/invulnerabilites

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

i'd much rather pick lulu than give reignover reksai

Having Febiven on Lulu is way better than RO on Rek'Sai but Febiven can play way more champs than RO can.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I feel like Fnatic didn't get a lot of power picks for a Blue side draft. Really not sure about this.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
huni picked riven again what in the gently caress

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

Again: everyone is countered by that, but no other midlaner can tap a button on you from 650 range to deal that much damage. About the closest you can get to that kind of safe burst is Lux, and even that requires you to aim both Light Binding and Final Spark properly.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

exethan posted:

You can tell that FNC wanted so bad to be able to counterpick Smeb, KOO read them like a book and gave Smeb the last pick.

e: Didn't realise KOO didn't go with Fiora in the end. Not sure why not though.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
PraY on Ashe yessssssssss.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

exethan posted:

The Tilt Lord Cometh

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exethan posted:

FNC is really good at playing around carry tops and even though Huni is tilty it goes both ways. He can snowball a Riven like crazy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm curious why did they take evertything from TI5 except putting the players in booths

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

exethan posted:

its the rule that if you are a fnatic top laner you have to tilt and go insane in boX series

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

rabidsquid posted:

Nobody would be saying this if FNC was bodying KOO with Veigar. Nobody said poo poo about him when C9 first unleashed it.

Noob.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm curious why did they take evertything from TI5 except putting the players in booths

Competitive integrity/technology isn't there/24 different languages

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

I suspect they think it's no longer such a big deal since dragon/Baron timers are globally announced, which was the big concern with crowd calls before.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

its the rule that if you are a fnatic top laner you have to tilt and go insane in boX series

do you remember when soaz failed to buy lich bane for his backdoor attempt

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Firebert posted:

The counter play to veigar ult is playing hearthstone.

Post Alone
Mar 29, 2010

Jatt just said a reverse sweep is a "definite possibility"

lol. just lol.

Rond
Mar 2, 2015

Groovelord Neato posted:

Indeed, soundproof booths should be a standard... But Riot probably wants the player to be close to the crowd (why?)

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
uhhh ignite Orianna?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

seizure later posted:

uhhh ignite Orianna?

lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lovechop posted:

This is actually a real thing.

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
Lets see if Smeb builds deadman plate earlier than Huni.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Murder She Twote posted:

Jatt just said a reverse sweep is a "definite possibility"

lol. just lol.

Considering how close the first 2 games were at times it is in fact a possibility

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Uhhh they're showing me krug clearing but I don't know how well or poorly it's going without my boy kreppo.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

The counter play to veigar ult is playing hearthstone.

Secret paladin is more toxic than Veigar by far

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

I'm honestly surprised that Fnatic doesn't seem to have any new strategies or picks to run.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Man I clicked on the twitch stream but I had to think pretty hard about it because the screen grab was prolly peering with his big old junkie eyes

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Firebert posted:

Secret paladin is more toxic than Veigar by far

Secrets paladin is like mundo it just moves forwards without any tricks and you deal with it or you don't.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Man I clicked on the twitch stream but I had to think pretty hard about it because the screen grab was prolly peering with his big old junkie eyes

It's a good picture

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

archduke.iago posted:

Competitive integrity/technology isn't there/24 different languages

lol

Vermain posted:

since dragon/Baron timers are globally announced

no way

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

IXIX posted:

I'm honestly surprised that Fnatic doesn't seem to have any new strategies or picks to run.

we never got to see the hunidinger

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lovechop posted:

we never got to see the hunidinger

Saving it for game 5

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The riven has been naturalized by the great innovator, Smeb. Now that he's innovated top lane Hecarim I think we can comfortably call him the most important top laner of the decade.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah they implemented a big change to the game so that they could avoid building soundproof booths in competitive matches

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
"Strange play from yellowstar" while everyone forgets to mention the terrible TP by Kuro. That just let Ori get away with having ignite for the next 5 minutes.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i can't decide which of these guys is worse right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The riven has been naturalized by the great innovator, Smeb. Now that he's innovated top lane Hecarim I think we can comfortably call him the most important top laner of the decade.

He also invented top Fiora don't forget

• Locked thread