Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008
https://youtube.com/watch?v=dVL-KaC6POc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009

seizure later posted:

tbf I can't remember anything about last worlds other than samsung white won without trying

Hai playing solid snake with zed was pretty cool.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Smeb is so loving good

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Parallel Playa posted:

Huni with the equal score, build and creep score to what you'd see from a plat 5 riven main.

It's like seeing Flaresz on the world stage.

seizure later posted:

tbf I can't remember anything about last worlds other than samsung white won without trying

You don't remember Svenskaren ruining any chance of SK making it out of groups by actual racism?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB_kN-aVQw0

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

saihttam posted:

Smeb is so loving good

pretty sure he's lucked in to these victories, since Huni is Official 14th Best Player in the tournament and Smeb is unranked

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If only CLGs sports psychologist were here

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
lol Reignover

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

uhhhhh reksai

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I know one guy that's enjoying this worlds

http://gfycat.com/DeliriousGleefulBlobfish

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
27 minutes:

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Hey, Smeb seems to be outplaying our toplaner!

Why don't we blind pick Riven again :downs:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7joY9dpfQ0

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It's actually a pretty big upset that KOO made the Finals, before the tournament people were talking about KOO being significantly worse than KT.

Rond
Mar 2, 2015
GG WP Koo Tigers.

Well.. see you next week to see SKT lifting the trophy !

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsFfyfI0AKY

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

The Mattybee posted:

Hey, Smeb seems to be outplaying our toplaner!

Why don't we blind pick Riven again :downs:

Yeah I just don't know, man

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
that was a depressing series

we argued all season about whether it was NA / EU / CN that sucked but it turns out everyone is poo poo except korea. boring

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Everyone sucks

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

rabidsquid posted:

Everyone sucks

Rond
Mar 2, 2015

rabidsquid posted:

Everyone sucks

except SKT ?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

rabidsquid posted:

Everyone sucks

Everything is hosed.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
What do you guys think Origen's chances would've been vs KOO?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

It's actually a pretty big upset that KOO made the Finals, before the tournament people were talking about KOO being significantly worse than KT.

Did anyone in the pick'em league have KOO in the finals?

I'm happy for KOO, they've been my favorite Korean team all year and they vastly outplayed my favorite EU team. I wish it could have gone more games but that last match was just a one way ticket to pound town.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Parallel Playa posted:

What do you guys think Origen's chances would've been vs KOO?

Smeb force-feeds sOAZ his own rear end in a top hat

KOO 3-0

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The only remaining question is - will Faker pick Ahri for all three games? How badly do you want that skin, buddy?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I had KOO losing to KT and KT losing to FNC in my pick'em lol.

But I think we can say that FNC is a top 4 team this year (SKT > KOO > FNC/KT > Rest of Korea / China / AHQ). Better results than last year at the very least.

Smol fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 25, 2015

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I'm still enjoying Worlds, but then again I like when one region/team/whatever dominates the competition.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Did anyone in the pick'em league have KOO in the finals?

I'm happy for KOO, they've been my favorite Korean team all year and they vastly outplayed my favorite EU team. I wish it could have gone more games but that last match was just a one way ticket to pound town.

Yeah KOO rules, a bunch of retired players or guys who sucked on IM or sometimes both

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SKT are gonna go 15-0 undefeated through Worlds and gently caress that's depressing.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

The Mattybee posted:

Smeb force-feeds sOAZ his own rear end in a top hat

KOO 3-0

Yeah honestly. A tilty top laner and jungler making some overly aggressive/dumb plays. Same thing

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Admoon posted:

I'm still enjoying Worlds, but then again I like when one region/team/whatever dominates the competition.

That's boring and gross

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

njsykora posted:

SKT are gonna go 15-0 undefeated through Worlds and gently caress that's depressing.

I think that's actually pretty cool

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SKT are so much better than everyone else that it's actually boring. Honestly OGN this split wasn't even very entertaining except for games between the lower tier teams.

Rond
Mar 2, 2015

Smol posted:

I had KOO losing to KT and KT losing to FNC in my pick'em lol

Exactly the same on my pick'em...

But at least, I've got SKT winning... :banjo:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

njsykora posted:

Yeah this is gonna be pretty boring and totally expected. Like without wacky one liners what other regions have to do to be on the same competitive level as Korean teams? Did this worlds seem like western teams are getting closer? Or same as always?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

KOO should go back to wearing cardigans or bunny ears or w/e if they want any hope to defeat SKT

Servaetes posted:

Yeah this is gonna be pretty boring and totally expected. Like without wacky one liners what other regions have to do to be on the same competitive level as Korean teams? Did this worlds seem like western teams are getting closer? Or same as always?

China needs to change their practice / coaching culture. NA and EU need at least BO2 and more time. Koreas infrastructure is holding them up. I don't think the west is any closer than they were before, I mean NA went 0-10 in the second week. The international teams being viable is the biggest takeaway this year I think

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
And there goes Europe :france:
The loser interview afterwards will break my heart.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah KOO rules, a bunch of retired players or guys who sucked on IM or sometimes both

We can talk about the Korean guys who retired to China instead if it gets you to ease up off the gas pedal for a few pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the viewership next week will be interesting lol

• Locked thread