Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

pack it up

game's dead

materia melds possible to raid gear coming in 3.2

please enjoy spending all your money on being relevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

nuru posted:

Healers only should get commendations if they dps.

Tanks should only get commendations if they never let someone else get aggro.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

ilifinicus posted:

pack it up

game's dead

pissssssssssssssssssss

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Espilae posted:

are you loving kidding me every nerd in the world will be busy already
What else is happening on November 10th?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Pierson posted:

fallout 4

Exponential Decay
Sep 10, 2009

i bound fire to q

seizure later posted:

Tanks should only get commendations if they never let someone else get aggro.

I'd certainly hope so.

Pierson posted:

Bethesda is releasing another buggy game.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
And last Starcraft 2 expansion.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ilifinicus posted:

pack it up

game's dead

This is actually the worst thing conceivable and it makes me furious.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
goddamn the design in void ark is awesome. kind of reminds me of some of the FFVI dungeons meets the crashed ship from Alien

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

There's also the last content update for XI coming the day after, which should be a big deal for both the people still playing that game.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

ilifinicus posted:

pack it up

game's dead

This has to be in conjunction with a change to materia acquisition, there's no way.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

^^^^ they said NOTHING towards that. NONE

which is why it is hilariously dumb

Failboattootoot posted:

This is actually the worst thing conceivable and it makes me furious.
yes, it is probably the worst idea coming out of this game since releasing 1.0

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

ilifinicus posted:

pack it up

game's dead

If I understood it right, they don't have forbidden melds? so it at least won't be that sort of circus, just crazy if you actually want V materia?

if that's not the case then gently caress right off, but if it is that's basically enchanting so :shrug:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I have never understood or cared about materia

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Niton posted:

If I understood it right, they don't have forbidden melds? so it at least won't be that sort of circus, just crazy if you actually want V materia?

if that's not the case then gently caress right off
they're removing the ability to overmeld main stat; you can still use the default slots for mainstat. basically a nerf, and then suddenly they're like oh hey you can meld tomestonegear and raid drops btw and everyone loses their minds

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

ilifinicus posted:

^^^^ they said NOTHING towards that. NONE

which is why it is hilariously dumb
Blaaaaaaah. That is pretty bothersome.

On a different topic, the video has some classic enemies, the Brachiosaur and a Mom Bomb. That's fun.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

ilifinicus posted:

they're removing the ability to overmeld main stat; you can still use the default slots for mainstat. basically a nerf, and then suddenly they're like oh hey you can meld tomestonegear and raid drops btw and everyone loses their minds

Let's wait and see for confirmation before a proper freak out, at least. There's a huge difference between "Raid/Tome gear will now have a couple of non-Forbidden slots for extra stat customization" and "ALL RAID GEAR CAN NOW BE PENTAMELDED, OPEN THE BLOOD GATES :unsmigghh:, and the former actually sounds like a good idea straight up.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
I'm okay with melding raid gear. The exploratory mission stuff also seems to drop 180+ pink gear which can be converted once spiritbound.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
my endgame is glamours so this patch looks like it'll be ok. not great but a solid ok

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that was probably the warrior of darkness at the end speaking, right?

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

please enjoy your illusion of choice as you slot accuracy, healers or crit, everyone else.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ilifinicus posted:

Things I for sure enjoy doing: spending 40 tedious minutes with someone I've managed to cajole/bribe into helping me every time I get a new piece of gear.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
That entire trailer was PRETTY drat AMAZING but I noticed something was missing: Seems like Hildibrand likely won't be back for 3.1. It's a pity but there's so much content in that patch already I won't complain.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

PLL XXV Q&A posted:

Materia-related changes in Patch 3.2
It will not be possible to use advanced materia melding for primary stats on equipment created by crafters. We will be making adjustments in the future so that advanced materia melding can be used to enhance sub-stats.

From Patch 3.2, crafted equipment will become more powerful that what it has been up until now. Furthermore, accessories will be implemented at the same time as the high-tier equipment that can be created by crafters. Additionally, materia slots will be added to raid equipment and the equipment that can be purchased with the various tomestones, so you’ll be able to add materia to boost the sub-stats that you prefer.

Many of those attempting instanced raids in the early stages tend to use advanced materia melding on accessories, which lead to tanks being required to meld STR or VIT. Due to this there were times where the melded accessories were better than the accessories which dropped from clearing the instance. In order to resolve this issue, in Patch 3.2 we will be making adjustments that will change the damage calculations of tanks into a more appropriate state.

As an overall plan moving forward, we will be making adjustments so that a burden is not placed on any particular role in order to challenge a high-difficulty raid.
So, first highlighted change is complete rear end if it remains like it is right now. Spiritbonding is a tedious and super unfun mechanic because you are rolling a random chance to actually get anything useful. And then you have a 7% chance for that already tedious to get item to actually be used on something? Yeah, no thanks.

Second highlighted thing seems more interesting. Making tanks do more baseline damage would be nice

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Or just get some damage scaling from Vit on a tank job, enough to justify prioritizing it but not enough to be overpowered.

e: More importantly for the true endgame, not in their forum summary but in one of their slides, there's these little gems:

Glamouring equipment that occupies multiple equipment slots will become possible.
It will become possible to try on multiple pieces of equipment at the same time.

The first one, of course, clearly means GHOST MONK.

Vil fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 25, 2015

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Niton posted:

Let's wait and see for confirmation before a proper freak out, at least. There's a huge difference between "Raid/Tome gear will now have a couple of non-Forbidden slots for extra stat customization" and "ALL RAID GEAR CAN NOW BE PENTAMELDED, OPEN THE BLOOD GATES :unsmigghh:, and the former actually sounds like a good idea straight up.

I was getting the former from that, or perhaps I was just reflexively hoping it was the former. Also it sounds like you might be able to get Materia from Expedition points, so maybe that'll be a reliable way of getting good materia. Maybe. Please don't gently caress this up guys :smith:

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!
So we have bioluminescent shark-ish things in ruins made of Giger-esque living architecture, that's also a (space?)ship, that's a prison for some ancient evil.

We get to fight a non-copyright-infringing Dark Falz at the end, yes?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
please don't make me fight delsabers/chaos bringers again, tia

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Well, that'll be just in time for me to take a break from SWTOR for a couple weeks to hit up new content.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

they said you can trade tokens you get from airship exploration for tier V materia. i think

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
gently caress, the RMT spam in this game is so bad, probably the worst I've seen in an MMO. Sometimes it's every 10 minutes I get a whisper telling me all about bank of pvp. Does SE actually do anything against them?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Colgate posted:

gently caress, the RMT spam in this game is so bad, probably the worst I've seen in an MMO. Sometimes it's every 10 minutes I get a whisper telling me all about bank of pvp. Does SE actually do anything against them?

It was gone for a while after the expansion (at least on excal), but now it's back with a fuckin vengeance. They make announcements about it, but nothing seems to change.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I've probably posted it before, but the amount of gold spam we get is directly proportional to the amount of people playing and the unavailability of making new characters. So it gets hella spammy when nobody's around to care about the message

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Guess I can finally finish my Excalibur Zeta with the new light changes (lol PLD). I wonder what the most efficient way to light grind will be if you can undersize it; maybe solo Sastasha speed runs?

Stoked for Singularity Extreme though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tortolia posted:

Guess I can finally finish my Excalibur Zeta with the new light changes (lol PLD). I wonder what the most efficient way to light grind will be if you can undersize it; maybe solo Sastasha speed runs?

Stoked for Singularity Extreme though.

That will depend on if/how much lower level duties give out in light on undersized.

Also I guess this means I'm never doing whale extreme.

On3moresoul
Apr 22, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Stupid question, I have the Steam version and the FFXIV launcher will not remember my login ID even though I check 'Remember Square Enix ID' every time, what gives? I have 3rd party cookies enabled, not clearing them, etc.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

That will depend on if/how much lower level duties give out in light on undersized.

Also I guess this means I'm never doing whale extreme.

They already do if you get them in LDR (got Brilliant light from a Copperbell the other day), so I would assume they just remove the no-light flag from undersized and call it a day.

They already give credit for some things while in undersized groups (my wife got about 30 DRK tank completions towards the panther mount during a multi-hour Cragdad pony farm yesterday) so I would assume it is just flipping the switch so to speak.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

When are these changes for Zodiac weapons coming out?

Tempted to just finish up my White Mage relic if it's soon.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Pierson posted:

Fallout 4's nude mod comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Blockhouse posted:

I have never understood or cared about materia

• Locked thread