Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Do It Once Right posted:

I'll let the esteemed Doctor Ben Carson clarify:

What if babies simply had bank accounts? And further, imagine if they were flush with cash? Doesn't that fix healthcare?

It's Ron Paul's "let them die" healthcare plan, but pitched in the most optimistic way possible.

So his plan to win over old people is to cancel medicare and then telling them they have to suffer and die so that their meager savings can go to their kids? lmao, he's a dead man walking Trump, don't even bother with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Patter Song posted:

We're right around the fourth anniversary of the greatest campaign ad of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwawPMSJins

God bless Herman Cain.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Patter Song posted:

Slight correction to fade: Adventists do not "keep Kosher," they follow the dietary laws laid out in Leviticus. This seems like a small distinction, but it means that they are fine with mixing meat and dairy, a Jewish rule that comes not from the Bible but from rabbinical tradition.

Carson's a vegetarian, anyways.

This is Trump's end game with Criticizing Carson's religion (Merry Christmas):

7th day adventist website posted:

Seventh-day Adventists do not celebrate Christmas or other religious festivals throughout the calendar year as holy feasts established by God.
Calling Christmas a pagan celebration is only partly true. December 25 was observed as the birthday of Mythras, the god of the soldiers of the Roman legions. Though the timing of Christmas has its origin in a pagan festival, the content does not - the birth of Jesus is spoken of in the Bible.

Mitt Romney fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 25, 2015

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

sharkbomb posted:

You're the second person to post this random source peddling the Jeb rumor. Have Trumpian agents infiltrated our beloved Something Awful?

Jeb Bush to drop out of the race tomorrow.

Ben Carson murdered his mother with a hammer in 1972.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

So his plan to win over old people is to cancel medicare and then telling them they have to suffer and die so that their meager savings can go to their kids? lmao, he's a dead man walking Trump, don't even bother with him.

The plan is to let 'them' die (wink, wink). This is appealing to a lot of the aging base. The day they no longer need medicare is approaching. We think we've seen the worst of the baby boomers, but I think that when their generation truly embraces their mortality we'll see exactly how apocalyptically nasty and selfish their generation really can aspire to be.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
/pol/ is passing out this anti-Carson video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V17AAm72LGU

Poor pacing, really boring, but utterly insane... much like Ben Carson

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Patter Song posted:

Slight correction to fade: Adventists do not "keep Kosher," they follow the dietary laws laid out in Leviticus. This seems like a small distinction, but it means that they are fine with mixing meat and dairy, a Jewish rule that comes not from the Bible but from rabbinical tradition.

Ah, right then, thanks for correcting me.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Trump is taking credit for saving a Ford plant from moving to Mexico:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Montasque posted:

Trump is taking credit for saving a Ford plant from moving to Mexico:

Well there ya go. Bully pulpit meet your Bully.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So 7th Day Adventists are basically Jewish wannabes (even more so than regular American Protestants) who don't believe in Christmas and who keep incorrectly predicting the end of the world.

Ben 'Murdered His Mother With A Hammer' Carson doesn't stand a chance.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Montasque posted:

I just want to remind everyone of something really important: Jeb Bush is currently being destroyed by a reality TV star and a neurosurgeon.

trump isn't a neurosurgeon

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
To be fair Christianity probably started as an apocalyptic movement that had to shift over to something else when the Apocalypse never came.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Montasque posted:

/pol/ is passing out this anti-Carson video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V17AAm72LGU

Poor pacing, really boring, but utterly insane... much like Ben Carson

Half the stuff he said in that video seemingly runs counter to Republican values. I don't get how he is a front runner. It's as though people haven't listened to a thing he's said. They just like the idea of a successful black Christian surgeon and so they want to vote for him.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Phlegmish posted:

So 7th Day Adventists are basically Jewish wannabes (even more so than regular American Protestants) who don't believe in Christmas and who keep incorrectly predicting the end of the world.

Ben 'Murdered His Mother With A Hammer' Carson doesn't stand a chance.
A bit more blunt than I'd put it, but yeah pretty much.

Trump is walking the razor's edge/really threading the needle with this one. Seventh-day Adventists are out of the mainstream enough that Trump could successfully get away with hitting Carson on some of the stuff like "not celebrating Christmas" but he has to make absolutely sure it doesn't look like he's going after Carson for being a Christian or going against Christianity in general.

I am curious if Carson's vegetarianism is going to come up or not, or if it does if it's going to be any sort of liability or not. Real 'Murica likes us/them some bacon, hamburgers, steaks, and turkey after all.:burger::btroll:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 25, 2015

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don 't want to insinuate anything, BUT: you know who else was a vegetarian?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

fade5 posted:

Trump is walking the razor's edge/really threading the needle with this one. Seventh-day Adventists are out of the mainstream enough that Trump could successfully get away with hitting Carson on some of the stuff like "not celebrating Christmas" but he has to make absolutely sure it doesn't look like he's going after Carson for being a Christian or going against Christianity in general.

I am curious if Carson's vegetarianism is going to come up or not, or if it does if it's going to be any sort of liability or not. Real 'Murica likes us/them some bacon, hamburgers, steaks, and turkey after all.:burger::btroll:

My gut tells me he's got a clear narrative - War on Christmas - This plays into that narrative since Carson doesn't even celebrate Christmas.

Other than that he doesn't care about Carson's religion.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
He's not even President yet and Trump is already ACTUALLY helping middle class America and blue collar workers.

As opposed to Hillary "She's just as palatable as Jeb Bush to us on Wall-Street" Clinton whose out there yammering about a bunch of free crap that the middle class will ultimately get bent over the barrel to pay for and certainly not her rich Wall-Street buddies who aren't impacted by the marginal income tax rates she'll hike on losers like Doctors and small business owners who don't add value to our society like her paper-pusher and money changer friends.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Trump is going . . . to produce his very own TRUMP CHRISTMAS SPECTACULAR for the Hallmark channel.

This is actually a really good idea.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Boosted_C5 posted:

This is actually a really good idea.

Those things get like 6 million viewers a pop.

It's obscene. Imagine if Trump did one? WOW. It could be about how Trump finds the spirit of Christmas in his mom's old bible. It writes itself.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

fade5 posted:

It would interesting to see Trump ride some old-fashioned Christian bigotry but, remember Romney had the support of most of the base and the Church of Latter Day Saints is far, far, weirder and un-Christian than Seventh Day. If anyone can take America back years to an era of fear and hatred of slightly different Christians, it's Trump.

Phlegmish posted:

I don 't want to insinuate anything, BUT: you know who else was a vegetarian?

Probably someone with Liberal Logic.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Hallmark Channel is proud to present "It's a Trumpderful Life", starring Donald Trump as a hugely successful but disillusioned businessman who goes on a search to find the real meaning behind America and Christmas.

Special guest appearances by Miss America, Hulk Hogan, Ted Nugent, Gary Busey, Dennis Rodmann, and NFL Superstar Tom Brady from the New England Patriots!

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Skellybones posted:

It would interesting to see Trump ride some old-fashioned Christian bigotry but, remember Romney had the support of most of the base and the Church of Latter Day Saints is far, far, weirder and un-Christian than Seventh Day. If anyone can take America back years to an era of fear and hatred of slightly different Christians, it's Trump.
True, Romney managed to get through the election without having his Mormonism and some of the really weird poo poo contained within brought to the forefront, so if Trump has any kind of savvy he'll stick to just "War on Christmas" and that's it, as Montasque said.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Hallmark Channel is proud to present "It's a Trumpderful Life", starring Donald Trump as a hugely successful but disillusioned businessman who goes on a search to find the real meaning behind America and Christmas.

Special guest appearances by Miss America, Hulk Hogan, Ted Nugent, Gary Busey, Dennis Rodmann, and NFL Superstar Tom Brady from the New England Patriots!

I'm setting my DVR now!

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Still need to cast the wormy, low energy villain, and the well-meaning but clueless neurosurgeon who doesn't understand the meaning of Christmas.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Still needs a rom-com angle. Melania is too old, no one would buy a 45 year old love interest... Melissa Joan Hart? No too down home and wholesome. Maybe Mandy Moore?... Too cutesy. No, we need someone beautiful, young, urbane, and sophisticated... I know Ivanka Trump!

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Ben Carson likens abortion to slavery, wants to see Roe v. Wade overturned

quote:

Carson said that an abortion to save a woman's life is "an extraordinarily rare situation," but one where "there's room to discuss" terminating pregnancy. But he would give no leeway to a pregnancy that resulted from rape or incest.

“Rape and incest I would not be in favor of killing a baby because the baby came about in that way," he said, adding that there were "many stories of people who have led very useful lives who were the result of rape or incest."
Between this and the hammer thing, the media narrative seems to be turning against Carson.

I think the media finally realizes that Trump vs. Hillary will be the ratings spectacular they've all been hoping for since the Bush v. Gore debacle.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Does Carson have any policies other than ban abortions and give guns to everyone? I don't really understand his message.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Rocks posted:

Does Carson have any policies other than ban abortions and give guns to everyone? I don't really understand his message.

He was mean to Obama at a prayer breakfast that one time.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Rocks posted:

Ben Carson posted:

We need a significantly changed taxation system. And the one that I've advocated is based on tithing, because I think God is a pretty fair Guy. And He said, you know, if you give me a tithe, it doesn't matter how much you make. If you've had a bumper crop, you don't owe Me triple tithes. And if you've had no crops at all, you don't owe Me no tithes. So, there must be something inherently fair about that. And that's why I've advocated a proportional tax system. You make $10 billion, you pay a billion. You make $10, you pay one. And everybody gets treated the same way. And you get rid of the deductions, you get rid of all the loopholes.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Woah, a Republican wants to overturn Roe v. Wade? Big, if true.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Rocks posted:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/category/people/ben-carson

Here's where I went to get up-to-speed on the unelectable insanity of Dr. Ben Carson. The company he's kept over the past few years is a pretty damning indictment of who he is as a person.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

sincx posted:

I think the media finally realizes that Trump vs. Hillary will be the ratings spectacular they've all been hoping for since the Bush v. Gore debacle.

Just wait until the light-bulb goes off in their tiny little liberal pea-brains and the ratings potential of a Trump PRESIDENCY dawns on them.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Patter Song posted:

That's probably all that needs to be said to cost him the republican vote.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Wait people actually thought Jeb was dropping out? He's doing an aggressive round of fundraising in Texas, seems the entire family is all-hands-on-deck:

http://www.myhighplains.com/news/jeb-bush-to-rally-top-donors-in-houston-seek-more-cash

Wife, sons, brothers, mother, father, and all their Texas friends will be there. There's even a raffle to win a chance to meet GW, GHWB, and Barbra Bush!

EDIT:

:siren:DEVELOPING:siren:

Right To Rise holding parallel events in Huston... possibly holding events in the same hotel...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2015/10/pro-jeb-bush-super-pac-to-host-parallel-donors-meeting-in-houston.html

Montasque fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 26, 2015

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The raffle prize is a spot at ghw's deathbed???

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rocks posted:

His message is buy my book. Which that breakdown of why people like him in Iowa bears out. In turn it shows that there's a good chance that the idea that voters are hopping on the Trump and Carson bandwagon while not actually considering the Presidency at this point.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Ben Carson seems to be falling apart quicker than anyone had intended. His numbers in Iowa are more of an indictment of Iowa than a testament to his quality as a candidate.

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR
Is Ben Carson violating campaign finance laws going to become a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Job Truniht posted:

Is Ben Carson violating campaign finance laws going to become a thing?

Probably not. The FEC is toothless and Carson is already being brought down by bigger problems (mainly his pathological need to put his foot in his mouth at every opportunity).

• Locked thread