Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
mad max cgs:

the rich have already been eaten :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

at the date posted:

I just watched one of the alternate endings on Youtube and I can't even imagine how the player made it happen. It makes me realize I completely misjudged some of the main characters and their motivations. For example, I guess I WASN'T doing Ciri a favor by not taking her to see the emperor?

NO ENDING BUT WHAT WE MAKE FOR OURSELVES

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Space-Pope posted:

c hotas s: welp, sent over 39 euroland funbucks to thrustmaster's parent company for a replacement pinky switch

and lo, i find out that gog has this for sale: https://www.gog.com/game/falcon_collection

the main thing in that collection is a bare-bones install of falcon 4.0, which is compatible with BMS, which is a giant mod/rework of falcon 4.0 that's been actively developed since 2003: http://www.bmsforum.org/forum/content.php

know what else is compatible with BMs? your posting Lol.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i have long felt that skyrims sound design was medicore and :effort:-y and this mod really cements that

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43773/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D43773&pUp=1

there is a lot more environmental noise, wind, water, animals...maybe a little overdone at times but not bad. armor and clothes make different noises, voices echo properly when heard from a distance in a cave or something. there are new npc sounds (frostbite spiders squeal instead of almost inaudible chitters). bows and arrows actually make release and flying noises. magic uses more than one generic explosion sound for casting and impact. its p. good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yosraid 1 after-action report:

-get everyone in a psn party as well as a fireteam. better sound quality and we can goof around on planets while waiting

-use the pgs thread not destinylfg.net, way higher class of players

-zero tolerance for no mics. it can be worked around but makes everything take 3 times as long

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

quote:

"It had been a long battle for survival, but he managed to stop the imbeciles from defeating him for real."

Thus begins the longest work of fiction ever written.

Nope, it's not Proust's À la recherche du temps perdu (In Search of Lost Time). It's The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest, and it's a Super Smash Bros. WIP (work-in-progress) on fanfiction.net. As of July, the fic is 3,548,615 words long. That's three times longer than Proust, and six times longer than War and Peace.

You might say that AuraChannelerChris, the author of Subspace Emissary, has a tendency to wax verbose. Their FF.net author profile alone is ten thousand words long. There's even a 60,000 word prequel, itself longer than some novels, that brings the current word-count above 3.6 million. It also has 2,200 reviews (an average of one review every 1,700 words), and its own TV Tropes page.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

so what's it about

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
imagine if every author used the AuraChannelerChris naming format

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
so rising tide is definitely a lot different from vanilla civ be

i had to save & quit before i could finish but i like the tweaks to the tech tree and diplomacy (especially since the game no longer stops while an opposing leader calls you a poo poo head/says "oh hey I'm allied with that guy too!")

i think the endgame still looks a little sparse, but i guess that's what the next expansion pack is for

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

yosraid 1 after-action report:

-get everyone in a psn party as well as a fireteam. better sound quality and we can goof around on planets while waiting

-use the pgs thread not destinylfg.net, way higher class of players

-zero tolerance for no mics. it can be worked around but makes everything take 3 times as long

:agreed:

we just gave up on golgoroth, probably try again next weekend or something. what a shitshow golgoroth was :cripes:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
sthitposters lose to shitboss in shitgame film at 11

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

computer parts posted:

so rising tide is definitely a lot different from vanilla civ be

i had to save & quit before i could finish but i like the tweaks to the tech tree and diplomacy (especially since the game no longer stops while an opposing leader calls you a poo poo head/says "oh hey I'm allied with that guy too!")

i think the endgame still looks a little sparse, but i guess that's what the next expansion pack is for

yeah. I did a game where I leashed a bunch of krakens early on and its ridiculous.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bump_fn posted:

sthitposters lose to shitboss in shitgame film at 11

im gay

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
:laffo:

diamond dog posted:

IRL they did a thing where people wore mirrored goggles that flip their vision. Within a few days your brain compensates and things look normal again. They could even read and one dude rode a motorcycle.

There's a bunch of things that seem to be trying to tell you that you're seeing everything backwards.
  • The animation when you put away the scope seems to show you were holding it over your right, eyepatched eye.
  • There are several text labels in the game that are mirrored, notably in Paz's room and the "QUARANTIN" platform.
  • There's an English-speaking POW in Eli's mission who clams up once you find her, but stares at you with her left eye closed. She opens it once you pick her up.
  • The PC-6001 version of Portopia, which is hidden in the scene with that mirror, has this screen: . The MSX version does not have this so I think it might be the reason they used this particular rom. Apparently whatever monitors PC-6001 users had, the software couldn't be sure whether the red and blue channels needed swapping, and this screen allows the player to choose. In this game red and blue are together in two places: red/blue demon symbolism in cutscenes, and the left/right helicopter lights.
  • My favourite one is the crawling section in the intro, which if you watch closely maybe indicates the wrong hand is missing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpO2rk2PPE0&t=1170s
    • 19:00 your dude starts pulling himself forward with his right arm and doesn't move real fast.
    • 20:40 tries to pull himself onto a chair with his right hand, slips off immediately. Uses his elbow instead, kinda works.
    • At 20:24 in this video you can see that while crawling he's putting his weight on his right wrist, rather than the hand.
    • 23:07 same type of chair, this time with his phantom hand: works first try, but then a dumb fake explosion out of nowhere blasts you off.
    • from 23:20, your right arm is dislocated so he tries crawling with the left and immediately moves much faster.
    • 23:35 you apparently get to your feet by putting your weight on your phantom hand. This stood out at me the first time I played because the rest of the animation in this section is excellent but this part looks odd.
Maybe the world isn't flipped, maybe it's just all pointing at you being hypnotised to think the wrong hand is missing, or something. But you do have a giant thing attached to your optic nerve and when I googled optic nerve crossover it seems red/blue is the left/right convention there too. None of this is conclusive but I'm P. Sure something is up.

It's probably pointing at you being Kaz: the way his left hand melds into your right when you shoot Skull Face makes too much sense if your right is really your left. Yeah he talks a bunch in cutscenes but it could be a fight club thing, or a hologram, or maybe every cutscene just plays in your head via the horn and you're really just running around empty bases shooting at phantoms and muttering to yourself.

diamond dog posted:

Uh yeah it would be but that doesn't describe what I'm doing, it's just a thing you're saying because it sounds good. No, I'm not missing any of the basic story, I'm just attempting to follow the clear and clearly intentional clues that point beyond it and I'm not saying I'm certain about anything, unlike you chucklefucks. I can post a list of five inconsistencies with pictures and video evidence and you'll ignore all of them and latch onto a throwaway remark at the end because it's easier than thinking.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

give this guy a copy of twilight princess, it will blow his mind

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

what in the almighty gently caress is going on here

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Panty Saluter posted:

i have long felt that skyrims sound design was medicore and :effort:-y and this mod really cements that

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43773/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D43773&pUp=1

there is a lot more environmental noise, wind, water, animals...maybe a little overdone at times but not bad. armor and clothes make different noises, voices echo properly when heard from a distance in a cave or something. there are new npc sounds (frostbite spiders squeal instead of almost inaudible chitters). bows and arrows actually make release and flying noises. magic uses more than one generic explosion sound for casting and impact. its p. good

cool, now do it for fallout 4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Panty Saluter posted:

what in the almighty gently caress is going on here

metal gear solid v is driving people insane

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

that guy has got a pretty good operation in the mgsv spoilers thread and I'm loving it

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
if you deliberately make games ambiguous it will explode peoples brains

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
see: the souls games

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
speaking of souls, it seems dks3 is going back to soul level matching for pvp. broken, stupid twinkfest ahoy

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

I am the only sane man in an insane world.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

diamond dog posted:

I am the only sane man in an insane world.

i touch the dicks of men for sexual pleasure

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Panty Saluter posted:

speaking of souls, it seems dks3 is going back to soul level matching for pvp. broken, stupid twinkfest ahoy

better than ds2 stupid soul memory bullshit

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

a solid plan

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

better than ds2 stupid soul memory bullshit

how is that worse? dks1 was soul level and its terrible

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Panty Saluter posted:

how is that worse? dks1 was soul level and its terrible

soul memory was loving awful because it fragmented the pvp playerbase terribly and did very little to stop twinked characters from invading new players

getting killed by a dickwraith is part of the dark souls experience, accept it

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Notorious QIG posted:

for yours or theirs?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

getting killed by a dickwraith is part of the dark souls experience, accept it

no :colbert:

its a shame because i like dueling but dealing with people who can tickle you once and win is just annoying and stupid. although as long as the netcode is less hosed in dks3 a lot of that frustration will be alleviated. as little as i pvp i see people teleporting all over the goddamn place. like how much fun can it be to win only because a cheat did all the work?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
pvp is souls games is bad

edit: hth

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Panty Saluter posted:

no :colbert:

its a shame because i like dueling but dealing with people who can tickle you once and win is just annoying and stupid. although as long as the netcode is less hosed in dks3 a lot of that frustration will be alleviated. as little as i pvp i see people teleporting all over the goddamn place. like how much fun can it be to win only because a cheat did all the work?

thats a problem with the lovely pc netcode and hacking. bloodborne has p good netcode so i assume dks3 will too

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

setafd posted:

that guy has got a pretty good operation in the mgsv spoilers thread and I'm loving it

i love kyoon too

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
I'm right here you jerk. That big post was in response to someone directly asking me to elaborate on that stuff. Like I said at first in that thread, I didn't really want to have to defend theories because it's basically impossible to talk about video games in depth without sounding obsessive and if the ruse is real, it's obviously constructed in a way that makes you sound kinda nuts. Ground Zeroes was an inside job.

Call me crazy if you want, I will fight you all.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this is a safe space, diamond dog

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
has any one posted "soul mammary" yet

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

thats a problem with the lovely pc netcode and hacking. bloodborne has p good netcode so i assume dks3 will too

ya and tbf it seems like from are implementing a ton of features to mitigate twinking at least a little

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shFOJTwBo7M

although i dont know what hes on about with heavy weapon punish, ive done well with a claymore and bkh. being able to knock stam drainers around is v. useful. i guess claymore and bkh are really only medium weapons in the souls universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Improbable Lobster posted:

metal gear solid v is driving people insane
http://www.craveonline.com/culture/907465-hidden-game-left-metal-gear-solid-v-kojima-discovered

There is some beyond the finest autismal level of detail hidden stuff in MGS V for real, and it's driving people insane trying to find it/piece it together.

• Locked thread