Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sailor Senshi?
This poll is closed.
Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino 6 4.51%
Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno 15 11.28%
Sailor Mars/Rei Hino 23 17.29%
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino 42 31.58%
Sailor Venus/Minako Aino 6 4.51%
why didnt you put the outers on here fucker 41 30.83%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

One of the more recurrent themes in Namtab's posting is the idea of "Baps" as something to appreciate and treasure. Although on a superficial level this can be interpreted as a simple admiration for a particular area of the female form (much as there are men who value hips or women who value broad shoulders, etc), Namtab's jovial tone and child-like demeanor point to a deeper longing for an ephemeral mother figure, as the specific focus of his attentions is one often associated with nurturing and motherhood. Furthermore, as a poster residing in England, the phrase "Swear on me mum" is no doubt a regular part of the cultural lexicon routinely assaulting Namtab's senses as he reluctantly partakes in the normie environment around him as need demands. The desire for a mum to swear on therefor suggests a subconscious desire for something wholly good and loving that Namtab can trust in and swear to, like a lord or a charge, in this post-postmodern, increasingly secular age. Perhaps it is an indicator that the blood of chivalrous knights runs through his veins, though any observant audience member could have told you that since it was revealed early on his name is actually Batman, the fabled Dark Knight, backwards.

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Good evening, I'm gonna watch an anime.

might i recommend amagi brilliant park

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Namurai Baploo

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I wonder if the irc listed in the subs for this even exists anymore.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

One of the more recurrent themes in Namtab's posting is the idea of "Baps" as something to appreciate and treasure. Although on a superficial level this can be interpreted as a simple admiration for a particular area of the female form (much as there are men who value hips or women who value broad shoulders, etc), Namtab's jovial tone and child-like demeanor point to a deeper longing for an ephemeral mother figure, as the specific focus of his attentions is one often associated with nurturing and motherhood. Furthermore, as a poster residing in England, the phrase "Swear on me mum" is no doubt a regular part of the cultural lexicon routinely assaulting Namtab's senses as he reluctantly partakes in the normie environment around him as need demands. The desire for a mum to swear on therefor suggests a subconscious desire for something wholly good and loving that Namtab can trust in and swear to, like a lord or a charge, in this post-postmodern, increasingly secular age. Perhaps it is an indicator that the blood of chivalrous knights runs through his veins, though any observant audience member could have told you that since it was revealed early on his name is actually Batman, the fabled Dark Knight, backwards.

I can be your mom nantab

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I need to watch some SYD tonight. I keep forgetting.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

You used to be a murse?

I still am, I just don't have to wipe arses now

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jojo...

I hate it when battle shounen/card games anime explain beforehand what they're going to do to trap their opponent. It feels like a huge waste of time when it's 100% telegraphed that it's going to fail.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

NotALizardman posted:

It's good, and funny

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I wonder if the irc listed in the subs for this even exists anymore.

ircs dont actually cease to exist unless you set +b everyone

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

unless you really liked the triceratops man then amagi has a good selection of doujs

they never showed him as a human, the show's one downfall

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

Ssh you wanna get probated

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

I'm watching Saint Seiya, instead. Thank you for the suggestion.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Droyer posted:

I can be your mom nantab

:yikes:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm glad the Saint Seiya OP wasn't hit in the OP Holocaust.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Strange Quark posted:

Jojo...

I hate it when battle shounen/card games anime explain beforehand what they're going to do to trap their opponent. It feels like a huge waste of time when it's 100% telegraphed that it's going to fail.

But if you reveal the strategy and the counter at the same time, that can get mighty confusing after a while.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

ircs dont actually cease to exist unless you set +b everyone

The server could cease to exist!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

just pull a gumgi and don't explain anything at all

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This IRC is still around, though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Jojo...

Battle Tendency engages in a lot of that shonen bs, the upside being the characters are very likeable. then fights get better across Stardust Crusaders, until they're consistently good after that.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

WeeabooJudas posted:

But if you reveal the strategy and the counter at the same time, that can get mighty confusing after a while.

But that happens all the time!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Droyer posted:

It's good, and funny

Yeah. I got like halfway through the first season, and then I got really distracted by other crap.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the backlog was good, but now i must try to sleep

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

the backlog was good, but now i must try to sleep

Good night!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I wish Osomatsu-san was out right now, instead of in 13 hours.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

most of battle tendency was better than stardust crusaders

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Hamon was 100% BS all the time on demand.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

I still am, I just don't have to wipe arses now

I used to date a nurse and yeah, apparently that's the one thing that everyone wants to stop doing ASAP.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Strange Quark posted:

But that happens all the time!

Maybe if the plans are simple enough, but when the stuff gets Liar Game complex I would rather have one long speech at a time, frankly.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Knorth posted:

the human body is pretty gross regardless of which part you're looking at. Betting you know that more than me, mr. nurse :)

That's true of mine, at least

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wark Say posted:

I used to date a nurse and yeah, apparently that's the one thing that everyone wants to stop doing ASAP.

What was his name?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

What was his name?

zoq its 2015 i dont think you can make those sort of jokes anymore...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Hamon was 100% BS all the time on demand.

yeah, but PB and BT were short enough that it never got a chance to grow long in the tooth, so I wouldn't use Hamon as a knock against either. not to say that they didn't have issues, especially PB, but the powers weren't ones.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

What was his name?
Doesn't matter.

The good doctor has to pay.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

NotALizardman posted:

I'm almost done with season 2.... imma need a new show soon

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Bad Seafood posted:

Doesn't matter.

The good doctor has to pay.

When's act 3 coming out?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Motto posted:

yeah, but PT and BT were short enough that it never got a chance to grow long in the tooth, so I wouldn't use Hamon as a knock against either.
Oh, don't get me wrong. Hamon's great. I love it. I'm just saying that despite all Araki's efforts to nail it down, it really was ultimately a tool of narrative convenience.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Argona posted:

I'm almost done with season 2.... imma need a new show soon

Have you considered Yowamushi Pedal?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

When's act 3 coming out?
When a hero emerges.