Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
The "what's coming out in" videos weren't all that fun or interesting, and we basically say what we are excited for on the Podcast, so I and Pat kinda wanted to opt out of doing it. Eh.

Top Tens will be out before the end of the year, (our top tens of 2014) but we are trying to have a more centralized theme to them all, so we can at least get them out a bit quicker. Editing those are a nightmare. I'm really gonna try and at least get my top 10 of 2015 done like, in the first two months of next year, because while it's funny for a joke for one year about how late they are, I think it's still pretty embarrassing it takes so long!

Just recorded the last two videos we had left to do for Shitstorm. Lakeview Cabin Collection (which went EXTREMELY well) and Spooky's House of Jumpscares, which went even better.

Also, I will be playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors with Cranky tonight at 10 pm est on his Twitch stream. Come check it out!

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I always thought that you guys doing top ten games videos a year behind was a stylistic choice where you let time pass before making decisions on what actually was the best of that year.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Got a link? Zombies ate my neighbors is 100% my jam.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Got a link? Zombies ate my neighbors is 100% my jam.

http://www.twitch.tv/cranky_construct

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Vince Videogames posted:

I always thought that you guys doing top ten games videos a year behind was a stylistic choice where you let time pass before making decisions on what actually was the best of that year.

Sure, but I think a year is way too much.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
matt please give cranky a noogie live on air. tia

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh man I am hype for spooky's house of jumpscares after watching patrick klepek crap himself live while playing it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Mike Z wants people to give money to Indivisible

Look, you'll get a Medieval Kamen Rider.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

kittan rider

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
tonight's shitstorm is one I've really been waiting for to go up on youtube so I could discuss it

pat sounds like he's about to cry when he realizes he's in a dead end

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
This game looks completely unwinnable. I mean, what's the point if you're face with constant dead ends and ZERO time to react when the bad guy shows up? your controls are so poo poo turning around is enough time for you to die. it's basically a jump scare game for the sake of it.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 26, 2015

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Tae posted:

Mike Z wants people to give money to Indivisible

Look, you'll get a Medieval Kamen Rider.

I'm going to be really sad when Indivisible's kickstarter fails miserably. And yeah, I did my 30 dollar part.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Why don't they just try again with Kickstarter instead of no-name Indiegogo? I bet they would've gained more traction on a funding website people are already invested it rather than a much lesser known one. I really feel like they kneecapped themselves for not reason by sticking with that website.

It sucks because Indivisible legitimately is super cool, interesting and new but unfortunately leeches like Keiji Inafune and others who use kickstarters as marketing when they already had funding have damaged peoples perceptions of how much it costs to make a game. It's really shocking that people are being so hostile to a team that DELIVERED AN AWESOME GAME and have a history of success behind them when there are other kickstarters that are getting all the cash they desire but are guaranteed mega-flops like star citizen and Mighty Number 9.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 26, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Al-Saqr posted:

Why don't they just try again with Kickstarter instead of no-name Indiegogo?

If I recall I think it was because KS takes a bigger cut than Indiegogo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

Why don't they just try again with Kickstarter instead of no-name Indiegogo? I bet they would've gained more traction on a funding website people are already invested it rather than a much lesser known one. I really feel like they kneecapped themselves for not reason by sticking with that website.

It sucks because Indivisible legitimately is super cool, interesting and new but unfortunately leeches like Keiji Inafune and others who use kickstarters as marketing when they already had funding have damaged peoples perceptions of how much it costs to make a game. It's really shocking that people are being so hostile to a team that DELIVERED AN AWESOME GAME and have a history of success behind them when there are other kickstarters that are getting all the cash they desire but are guaranteed mega-flops like star citizen and Mighty Number 9.

Indiegogo cut them a better deal in terms of how much they would pay them, and Mike Z thought they should give them a vote of confidence after the last sucessful campaign they had. The fact it's on Indiegogo matters for poo poo, if it doesn't get funded it's because people think 1.5kk is too much for what they are and what they wanna make. If that's valid, it's up to you.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dias posted:

The fact it's on Indiegogo matters for poo poo.

It absolutely matters, every single discussion about Indivisible is dominated by complains/questions about IGG.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Seriously, you don't understand how much misinformation and bad rumors there are about that site, and for good reason. The Flexible Funding is such a shady thing it has really colored people's opinions of it.

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 26, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HGH posted:

Seriously, you don't understand how much information and bad rumors there are about that site, and for good reason. The Flexible Funding is such a shady thing it has really colored people's opinions of it.

Indiegogo is also just fine allowing a bunch of scams that Kickstarter kicked out on their site.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It absolutely matters, every single discussion about Indivisible is dominated by complains/questions about IGG.

It really doesn't tho, because the people funding this have heard of Mike Z and his previous crowdfunding (and it's stupid clear it's fixed funding). Everyone questioning it seems to question it from the side of "if this was on KS it would get more money", not "I'm not donating because this site is a scam". The biggest issue is that it's a 1.5kk BASE objective for a niche RPG by a small developer with not a lot to his credit. I hope it succeeds, but it was a risky thing to begin with. If IGG is a problem, it's not the biggest one in the overall scheme of things.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Also, announcing that they have a publisher lined up probably didn't help. It's the ethical thing to do, and not doing so was one of the major problems with the Shenmue kickstarter, but whether deserved or not it absolutely drew the "wait, why do you even need crowdfunding?" reaction from people.

Even if it's cleared up in the first paragraph of the indiegogo page, most people who hear about it and decide not to back it probably won't even get that far.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Al-Saqr posted:

This game looks completely unwinnable. I mean, what's the point if you're face with constant dead ends and ZERO time to react when the bad guy shows up? your controls are so poo poo turning around is enough time for you to die. it's basically a jump scare game for the sake of it.

Yeah, it's basically FNAF but you're allowed to move around.

The first jumpscare totally loving got me.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
It is always funny to me to see people figure out the trick to the Mettaton quiz at the last possible question.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

The GIG posted:

It is always funny to me to see people figure out the trick to the Mettaton quiz at the last possible question.

The question where every answer is the right one, no less.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

The GIG posted:

I didn't figure it out until I watched someone else play through that part. I wonder if anything changes if you answer everything correctly?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhonne posted:

I didn't figure it out until I watched someone else play through that part. I wonder if anything changes if you answer everything correctly?

Nope, you just don't take any hits

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The GIG posted:

With everything else going on onscreen I can see how someone could miss the small wiggling of her sprite's hands in the shape of a letter, honestly.

Mettaton Quiz is such a good part of the game, it's such a perfect representation of that character

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I find it funny Liam of all people is going "enough with the ANIME" in Undertale with everything considered.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Hey, Matt, I notice there's no Undertale playlist on the channel.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJIS3KjinPc

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJLMxD4YABg

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I find it funny Liam of all people is going "enough with the ANIME" in Undertale with everything considered.

Part 22 of the DR LP at the very end has him shouting "ANIME WAS A MISTAKE" so

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Liam still says dangan ronpa fans should play the game for the story

hah. Ah ha hah ha.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

hah. Ah ha hah ha.

Misery loves company.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

hah. Ah ha hah ha.

It's a gag that never ends.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So will they upload two one hour parts on the same day or will it still be 1 a day?
The best part is they still manage to not pay attention at all. Enough to be surprised by revelations blatantly spelled out two hours ago and get two game overs in a row on a braindead "puzzle" .

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 26, 2015

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
We can all agree that its the worst LP so far and it was a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it is definitely King Bad LP, yes