Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

E: Well this is a lovely first post for a new page. Fight on the other page guys! And drat, my fighters basically always go down first in these things. On top of losing in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
It is nice seeing an archer actually be pretty useful. I recall in the previous team tournaments they weren't anything to write home about.

Well, only one last match left in the round.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
That was brutal. More than usual, I mean.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
As much as I'd like Three Gremlins in a Blender to claim a hat trick on their home debut, the dubious kills panel insists that one goes to Candy Corn Tiger:

Combat Log posted:

Candy Corn Tiger_Skeletons slashes Goku_Furry in the head with his iron halberd and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Goku_Furry has been struck down.

Meaning that all three of our meleeists got a kill, ably assisted by our heart-shooting Kobold marksman. :black101:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Galick posted:

And drat, my fighters basically always go down first in these things. On top of losing in general.

We should hang out in the losers bracket later.

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008
Shiniest fish in the sea!

AJ_Impy posted:

As much as I'd like Three Gremlins in a Blender to claim a hat trick on their home debut, the dubious kills panel insists that one goes to Candy Corn Tiger:

So it does, thanks for noticing!

Should be fixed now!

Silverminnow fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 25, 2015

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bad Munki was effective.

Home team bonus confirmed as far too unbalanced.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Someone run that fight a few more times and see if this is a fluke event.

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!
:black101:

quote:

Dontellim Pike_Furry stabs Candy Corn Tiger_Skeletons in the head with his iron pike, tearing the muscle and fracturing the skull!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The iron pike has lodged firmly in the wound!
That can't be comfortable.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Bowbold supremacy

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Krysmphoenix posted:

Bowbold supremacy

I'm astonished at the overall lack of archers. Where are the antwomen wielding dual crossbows?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I'll work on the last fight of the round later tonight.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Whoo! Smash city!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Tunicate posted:

Bad Munki was effective.

Home team bonus confirmed as far too unbalanced.

It was a false Bad Munki, an imposter, I was framed, I swear!

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

:stare:

Even with the home team advantage, I have had Bowbolds with skills four points higher who couldn't hit with every shot, let alone make every shot effective. Did making an archer and naming him Bad Munki create a double negative of competence?

Excellent work to my team mates for just loving clearing the room, too!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Coward posted:

:stare:

Even with the home team advantage, I have had Bowbolds with skills four points higher who couldn't hit with every shot, let alone make every shot effective. Did making an archer and naming him Bad Munki create a double negative of competence?

Excellent work to my team mates for just loving clearing the room, too!

Like a Double Ice Backfire I guess.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Lost to a bowbold
I am forever ashamed
Fated seppuku

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh and would you look at that, the fight I'm in is of course "randomly" scheduled to be last, even if you consider the order the fights are listed in, they were run totally out of order, except SOMEHOW I ENDED UP LAST I guess the collusion is just getting a little too obvious better be careful "commissioners" (or should I say SO-CALLED commissioners, A.K.A. SPERMY SMURF what, did you think I didn't know???) YOUR ILLUMINATI IS SHOWING!! and did I mention that it's getting kind of painfully clear what is REALLY ACTUALLY going on here I mean come on, eighth fight??? in armok league 1054 (10, 5, 4)???? 5+4=9, meaning 10,9, what comes next, maybe the LAST number in the sequence is 8??? Did you really believe I wouldn't figure it out?!?!?!?!

!!the gig is up "commissioner" "spermy" "smurf"!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
what

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE
AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR BAD MUNKI
AT SACRIFICE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
:siren: Round One, Fight Eight :siren:

On the left, our glorious home team:
Cool Rad Awesome Pals!
Punc Hant (Silverminnow) is a Soldier Antwoman with a terrible name, adamantine gauntlets and... that's it. Oh my god.
BS-45 "Apeliminator (alcharagia) is a whip-and-buckler strangler
Jimbo Akimbo (Bad Munki) is armored in iron and hefting copper hammers in both hands. Naturally, a dwarf.
The Krying Bowbold Returns! (Krysmphoenix) is a kobold. She has a bow. You know what an archer looks like.

On the right, the dastardly invasive away team:
Lightly Whipped!
Ghost-trees (Ghostwoods) is a molemarian with silver whip, buckler, and leather armor.
Trump's Viscous Discharge (goatface) is a minotaur with a copper whip.
Grimmik (FillInTheBlank) is a gremlin with a steel helmet and an iron whip.
Jupis Tooki McGannel (GreyPowerVan) is a strangler with a shield and a silver whip.

Well, that is a balanced and effective team with an answer to everything. These players may even have colluded with each other to create a theme. Teammates planning, crazy.

Krying fires first, but his shot pulls left, and he hits no one. Jimbo draws actual first blood, his hammer breaking Trump's arm. Apeliminator tackles Grimmik. A few more not particularly telling blows follow up.

Finally, Krying fumblingly reloads, and shoots another bolt. This one ruins Ghost-trees' guts, causing the mole to be sick. Maybe it can't feel pain, but it still has a digestive system. Had, technically. It wasn't in time for Punc, though; the mole's whip hurts her leg, and she can't keep on her feet.

Jimbo and Jupis exchange body-blows, the dwarf taking a bruise to his intestines while the strangler has a hand mutilated. Apeliminator, meanwhile, continues to make sport of the minotaur Trump, who's not having a good day. That lasts until the minotaur recalls she is bigger than the strangler, and slams her shoulder into the strangler.

The ant and the mole look like they're not going to be of much use. The mole is too busy puking to make a real attack, and the ant is... wait, she broke Ghost-trees' tail. Impressive, I guess, but that's going to take a while and the antwoman can't take much return damage as it tries. We'll just... leave these two to it. There's going to be a lot of ineffectual flailing.

While that happens, Jimbo smacks Jupis in the arm, and the strangler collapses into fetal position, where he stays until another smack splatters much of his brains and bits of his skull across the floor. With Apeliminator refusing to be pinned down and being very distracting, that seems to put CRAP in a dominant position.

The main melee is moving towards the mole and the ant, which you may recall is the most argued-over and least-well-regarded of Aesop's Fables. Krying shoots again, putting a hole in Grimmik' lower body.

The next important hit is when Trump gets close to Punc, and with a single slap, the bug is splattered. The fight is tied up again. Meanwhile, the peerless avatar of war that is Jimbo smacks Grimmik, crushing the foot. The gremlin faints dead away.

Apeliminator is still distracting the big guys on Lightly Whipped, giving Jimbo the chance to, uh, bruise Grimmik' belly. That is not quite how you typically finish a downed foe. Seemingly forgetting how to kill people, Jimbo plays the xylophone all up and down the gremlin's torso, while Apeliminator's luck finally runs out, and the minotaur knocks him over, stunning him, then follows up with yet another gut shot. God, this whole fight is nothing but gut shots.

Anyway, eventually Jimbo remembers where the parts are that make the other guys stop moving, so he smashes Grimmik' whole ribcage.

...Wait, what? Holy poo poo, Krying just managed a perfect shot on Ghost-Tree's head, and the molemarian just flops over, an arrow protruding from an eyesocket.

It's down to just Trump now, and the minotaur has three foes to contend with.

Even if she did handle the two melee foes, Krying is almost as far away as she was at the start of the fight, and she's hideously deadly. Not that it matters. Jimbo knows how this goes. Smack the foot, the enemy drops to the floor. Smack the head, they d--wait, they don't die? Trump's skull is smashed, but it still shielded the brain, and she's technically alive. It takes a few tries, and Apeliminator pitches in, as well. It's Jimbo who does the honors.

Apeliminator pukes in celebration. I know how you feel, buddy.

So... Bad Munki's team basically spotted the visitors a fighter, then still walked all up and down the opposition.

Final Score
Cool Rad Awesome Pals: 4
Lightly Whipped: 1

Kills
Jimbo Akimbo: 3
The Krying Bowbold Returns!: 1
Trump's Viscous Discharge: 1

MVP: Bad Munki...?

Combat Log

ZeeToo fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 26, 2015

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hell yeah!

e: home field advantage officially proven bugged now

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Nerf Bad Munki

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

ZeeToo posted:

...Wait, what? Holy poo poo, Krying just managed a perfect shot on Ghost-Tree's head, and the molemarian just flops over, an arrow protruding from an eyesocket.

Seriously? My bowbold didn't brutally lose on the first round like every other time?

Praise be...whatever kobolds worship, I am saved!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

Hell yeah!

e: home field advantage officially proven bugged now

:agreed:

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Bad Munki's team wins and two bowbolds prove effective right after each other. There's something odd going on.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

im surprised how little i parried with a high lashing skill

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Bowbolds are pretty effective in a team lineup, most of my testing had them making significant contributions whilst the meleers got on with the murder. A pure bowbold team died very, very quickly, but having just one made for some surprisingly good results.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

quote:

Jimbo the chance to, uh, bruise Jupis' belly. That is not quite how you typically finish a downed foe. Seemingly forgetting how to kill people, Jimbo plays the xylophone all up and down the gremlin's torso, while Apeliminator's luck finally runs out, and the minotaur knocks him over, stunning him, then follows up with yet another gut shot. God, this whole fight is nothing but gut shots.

Anyway, eventually Jimbo remembers where the parts are that make the other guys stop moving, so he smashes Jupis' whole ribcage.

Jupis was already dead. Please give my poor gremlin the proper death scene he deserves.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Sure, he didn't get any kills, but the Apeliminator contributed and that's what's important. :colbert:

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

Krysmphoenix posted:

Seriously? My bowbold didn't brutally lose on the first round like every other time?

Praise be...whatever kobolds worship, I am saved!
I'm pretty sure Kobolds worship you at this point.

Is that 7-1 for home teams this round? I'm not going to call it bugged. I think it'll work out like serve in tennis; the best teams will be capable of away wins and will go through, and at least most teams will get a win at some point.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Bene Elim posted:

Is that 7-1 for home teams this round?

:negative: gently caress you all.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

:negative: gently caress you all.

Hey! We aren't the ones who built your gladiator or team. :colbert:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You're to blame regardless. All of you. :argh:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I should never have given up on my principles.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You're the Bad Munki now, I've finally passed the curse to someone else! I'M FREEEEEEEE

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren:Bonus Points have been assigned:siren:

A little bump in points (50 or so?) have been assigned to your fighters for being awesome.

Actually, it's a participation thing. Log into the site, pretend to fiddle, place a bet, whatever... You get points every round for logging into the site.

Spend them. Don't spend them. I don't care.

We can start Round 2 once Jazz wakes up/gets done work/whatever.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

FillInTheBlank posted:

Jupis was already dead. Please give my poor gremlin the proper death scene he deserves.

Whoops. :blush:

Should be corrected.

alcharagia posted:

Sure, he didn't get any kills, but the Apeliminator contributed and that's what's important. :colbert:

He did a heck of a lot in keeping people distracted so Krying and Jimbo could pick apart the enemy.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
I got 50 points. I had 50...I now have 82...what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Godna posted:

I got 50 points. I had 50...I now have 82...what?

I'm guessing 50 points went to baseline humans, and it scales down for larger critters?