Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

It also literally never works,, it's hilarious.

It kind of, sort of worked in Vegeta's second fight with Zarbon in that it pissed off the latter and broke his armor I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

-Fish- posted:

I want there to be one person in dragonballland who sees Mr Satan for the fraud that he is, but everyone around him just thinks he's some loony conspiracy nut

Only if The Champ knocks that rear end in a top hat clean out when he's done.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I guess it would be too much to hope that one of the universe's is just Future Trunks timeline.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

in the year 2015

vegeta saved anime

thanks vegeta

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
So, rewatching the BOG episodes, which is canon: BINGO! or IRONCHEF Vegeta?

In my heart, the answer is both.

Also I know we're getting a tournament arc next, but I hope after that that DBS becomes a slice-of-life story following the adventures of Trunks and Goten trying to show Pan the marvels of the universe with their babbysiter Piccolo following them.

DANGER SON-GOTEN DANGER!

Mostly because this would be funny to me and also because it means we get GT and no fighting, thus giving me the schadenfraude of millions of angry weebs

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I am unironically really excited for a tournament arc. Tournaments in Dragonball are where all the B-list characters get to step up and do unique and cool poo poo against an opponent in their weight class.

EDIT: Unless it plays out like the Cell Games where its just a complete pretense...but I hope that's not the case.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 26, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

its setup for Krillin to join the tournament

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Vegeta's bird was probably the best detail in this episode. still laughing at Goku using Instant Transmission and for once not being in the exact place where he needed to be. Super is: good!

Also, Saiyaman next week :swoon:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The old tournaments were underground, Bloodspot types of affairs, where they were ll super word televised and only martial artists and their friends went to.

Somewhere around the time Mr. Satan got involved they became huge world media events in giant stadiums.

That's why only the few people that actually went to the older tournaments remember Goku.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

jivjov posted:

I am unironically really excited for a tournament arc. Tournaments in Dragonball are where all the B-list characters get to step up and do unique and cool poo poo against an opponent in their weight class.

EDIT: Unless it plays out like the Cell Games where its just a complete pretense...but I hope that's not the case.

That's my hope. Between the universe-versus-universe, I hope we get to see a ton of new characters, and not just pulls from the current crop.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wasn't the last time there was a real legitimate "everyone steps up" tournament literally back in Dragonball classic? And even then Yamcha got jobbed.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ImpAtom posted:

And even then Yamcha got jobbed.

As is his place in the universe

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Yamcha jobbed literally everywhere besides his very first fight.

Krillin vs Piccolo Jr. is still my favourite fight though, so I have high hopes for this tournament (especially if it actually features Krillin :swoon:)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

visceril posted:

So, rewatching the BOG episodes, which is canon: BINGO! or IRONCHEF Vegeta?

Well, on the one hand, chef Vegeta is funnier than bingo Vegeta (which is an accomplishment in and of itself). On the other, bingo Vegeta is actually a character in a videogame, as DLC support for Extreme Butoden, alongside farmer Goku and police Krillin.

I choose to believe that comedic Vegeta will always be true regardless of what he's doing.

Wuxi posted:

And literally the only reason he didn't job there was because Goku had not eaten. Otherwise that fight would've ended up like every Yamcha fight.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Being a fan of Yamcha must be painful.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Covok posted:

Probably less painful than being Yamcha, however.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Covok posted:

I don't believe this is a thing that exists.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Wuxi posted:

Krillin vs Piccolo Jr. is still my favourite fight though, so I have high hopes for this tournament (especially if it actually features Krillin :swoon:)

I wouldn't say he was jobbed in his fight against Tien. He is just not that strong of a guy and doesn't take his training seriously. Krillin at least seriously trained up until/through Buu.

Universe 6 will probably have guys very similar in strength to the main universe. The other universes will probably have some ok fighters mixed in with gag fighters. The big bad may come from another universe and 6 and 7'a teams have to join up to beat them.

I'm not clear: is his tournament like Mortal Kombat, or just something the cats decided to throw together for their amusement (wondering how flexible he rules are gonna be)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

A guy I know likes Yamcha, mostly because of his longhaired design and the fact that he's a baseball player. He thought that superhuman shonen guys exploiting their skills to make cold hard cash in the battle offseason is a cool idea

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The Wolf Fang Fist is cool. Luckily Gotenks steals it for himself.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Wuxi posted:

...new secret wish: Whis trained everybody but Goku and Vegeta in secret, bribed by inordinate amounts of Earrh food.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I don't think Beerus/Whis/Champa/Vados are allowed to take part? Hopefully that means Krillin/Gohan/Piccolo? Maybe?

Please :(

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

projecthalaxy posted:

A guy I know likes Yamcha, mostly because of his longhaired design and the fact that he's a baseball player. He thought that superhuman shonen guys exploiting their skills to make cold hard cash in the battle offseason is a cool idea

Same as a guy I know, because he loves the Spirit Ball attack and thought his fight against Kami was actually pretty incredible given how he as a normal, no bullshit human, completely threw off God.

Oh and because he's stronger than Cell.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Same as a guy I know, because he loves the Spirit Ball attack and thought his fight against Kami was actually pretty incredible given how he as a normal, no bullshit human, completely threw off God.

Oh and because he's stronger than Cell.

Due to Shonen Power Level Bloat, Yamcha could legitimately defeat 99.999999999999% of the universe in a straight fight with the remaining being the other Z-Fighters and whoever they're fighting this week.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Farecoal posted:

I don't think Beerus/Whis/Champa/Vados are allowed to take part? Hopefully that means Krillin/Gohan/Piccolo? Maybe?

Please :(

I legit hope its Vegeta/Goku (those two are pretty much given) + Krillin/Gohan/Freeza. Beerus and Freeza did get along pretty well (at least in Freeza terms) and he should have enough pull in hell to get him one of those 24 hours off that Goku got. Or something like that. Beerus probably can get pretty inventive when his new favourite food is on the line.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You must have a pretty Puar memory then

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

Due to Shonen Power Level Bloat, Yamcha could legitimately defeat 99.999999999999% of the universe in a straight fight with the remaining being the other Z-Fighters and whoever they're fighting this week.

So what you're saying is the next arc of Dragon Ball Super is going to be Yamcha conquering a star system by main force and installing himself as emperor-slugger of the new Solar Baseball Government? Neat.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

projecthalaxy posted:

So what you're saying is the next arc of Dragon Ball Super is going to be Yamcha conquering a star system by main force and installing himself as emperor-slugger of the new Solar Baseball Government? Neat.

Nah, he's gonna become Jaco's new partner when he hears about the pension plan that the Galactic Patrol offers.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Wuxi posted:

I legit hope its Vegeta/Goku (those two are pretty much given) + Krillin/Gohan/Freeza. Beerus and Freeza did get along pretty well (at least in Freeza terms) and he should have enough pull in hell to get him one of those 24 hours off that Goku got. Or something like that. Beerus probably can get pretty inventive when his new favourite food is on the line.

Frieza doesn't care about earth or anything though. It would be fun to see him as a sort of reluctant ally in a weird multiverse tournament but I think he's done after the RoF storyline.

We might see Buu pulled into action though. Depends on what sort of competitors they're going to be up against.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Goten and Trunks convince Buu to absorb them as Gotenks so they can sneak into the tournament

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Nah, he's gonna become Jaco's new partner when he hears about the pension plan that the Galactic Patrol offers.

I could totally get behind Buddy Cop Adventures with Yamcha and Jaco. :allears:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Jaco is the by the book cop with the weird glowing eyes. Yamcha is the surfer-voiced cop who would like very much to be bribed. Together, they fight crime.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Wuxi posted:

He did pretty well with the invisible man, which was also kind of a tournament.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

projecthalaxy posted:

Jaco is the by the book cop with the weird glowing eyes. Yamcha is the surfer-voiced cop who would like very much to be bribed. Together, they fight crime.

Cancel Super, this is all we need

Caros
May 14, 2008

While it is probably in vain, I think the most entertaining sort of tournament they could do would be a best of five style rather than any sort of bracketed budokai style.

A best of tournament means you could have two losses on the earth side and still have them win overall, which means you could have the possibility of someone like piccolo and/or Gohan lose after a very hard fought battle and yet have Krillen still contribute if he ends up beating their fifth strongest guy.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Caros posted:

While it is probably in vain, I think the most entertaining sort of tournament they could do would be a best of five style rather than any sort of bracketed budokai style.

A best of tournament means you could have two losses on the earth side and still have them win overall, which means you could have the possibility of someone like piccolo and/or Gohan lose after a very hard fought battle and yet have Krillen still contribute if he ends up beating their fifth strongest guy.

Or you could have Gohan/Krillin/Piccolo win while Vegeta/Goku get trashed. Not going to happen, but it would be funny.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I sincerely hope Toei is hanging on this thread's every word

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Caros posted:

Someone likes Yu Yu Hakusho, I see (and yes, that was a well done tournament).

Caros
May 14, 2008

Darko posted:

Someone likes Yu Yu Hakusho, I see (and yes, that was a well done tournament).

Literally never read more than the first few chapters over a decade ago.

Good to know that it is a time worn idea however. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

YuYu is only trumped by DBZ to me, check it out.

Really hope we see Future Trunks again aka the best character

• Locked thread