Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

WTF does this mean? Is this some Twitch thing that's spilled out into generic esports jargon? I've seen people using it in game a lot lately.

It means family, it's something black people say that gamers say because they like saying things online that they aren't allowed to say in real life because they're huge nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

So who's going to win DH Cluj?

I'd take Fnatic as the winners but I guess TSM and EnvyUs could take it home as well. I think TSM will choke though and Fnatic has been beastmode the las few months.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I'm going to go with TSM as it'd be nice if Fnatic didn't dominate again

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

LochNessMonster posted:

I think TSM will choke though and Fnatic has been beastmode the las few months.
What are you talking about? Fnatic has been in a slump for the past month. Unless they can rally around for Cluj, I don't see them winning.

Anyways, TSM is going to win.

I hope. :denmark:

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Tell me which ones are wrong so I can tell you that I don't care

Edit: Fnatic's play has been extremely plain/vanilla during this 'slump', they are probably saving their spicy hot playbook for Cluj

conversation piece fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 26, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

conversation piece posted:

I have the exact same picks as you, and I can tell you right now Clown9 is a mistake and I regret choosing them.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

symbolic posted:

I have the exact same picks as you, and I can tell you right now Clown9 is a mistake and I regret choosing them.

Their sticker looks cooler though

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Kazinsal posted:

WTF does this mean? Is this some Twitch thing that's spilled out into generic esports jargon? I've seen people using it in game a lot lately.

It's funny to me because it is typical sowf lundun slang. Language is weird. Just took like 10 years to go to America I guess.

They are all the majority favourite picks imo. Biggest question marks are over Cloud9 v Luminosity and G2 vs Mouz though, not easy games to call in a bo1. Even NiP vs Titan could throw up an upset.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

symbolic posted:

What are you talking about? Fnatic has been in a slump for the past month. Unless they can rally around for Cluj, I don't see them winning.

I'm hesitant to call TSM better than fnatic at the moment, I'll want to see what happens at Cluj before deciding. A fnatic win here would be insane since they will have won every single major this year. Also, let's not talk about NV or VP like they are out of the running.

Mine are the same as yours except I picked mouz instead, but I think those two teams are very close skillwise anyway so it's a coinflip.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Luminosity has been way better at LANs so I'd probably pick them over C9

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

qhat posted:

Mine are the same as yours except I picked mouz instead, but I think those two teams are very close skillwise anyway so it's a coinflip.

I'm not joking when I say I picked not-mouz because I saw that team's logo more when I was picking my 5-man lineup. (using the sort by columns for each group)

Edit:

Looks like Luminosity lost their flight???

conversation piece fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 26, 2015

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Edit: Fnatic's play has been extremely plain/vanilla during this 'slump', they are probably saving their spicy hot playbook for Cluj

I'd have picked mouz and luminosity I think

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

I'm not joking when I say I picked not-mouz because I saw that team's logo more when I was picking my 5-man lineup. (using the sort by columns for each group)

Edit:

ruh roh

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

WOOOSH. Right over my head that one.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

mouz will beat G2, Titan will beat NiP, LG will beat C9 assuming they actually make it there

I'm starting to think that fnatic are starting to have actual problems, as if the fnatic/NiP shuffle is real and they're just waiting until the end of the year to announce.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I doubt it only because I want Fnatic to continue being the villains.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I still think C9 are the better team on paper even though they are slumping so I just feel that they should take it. I guess who cares anyway, one or two points lost on day 1 isn't a huge deal. I'm more interested to see how Liquid does since they are looking very strong recently.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Edit:

Oh boy.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Fnatic will win DH. Their "slump" is overblown and they always show up for Majors. If not them it'll be one of the other top 4(vp, tsm, nv). Seeing either c9 or Liquid make it out of the group stage would be nice but it's unlikely.

Watching matches just before Majors is fun because it's just PUG city with everyone 'saving strats'.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

mcvey posted:

Watching matches just before Majors is fun because it's just PUG city with everyone 'saving strats'.

Something very similar, if not even more "segregated" (between double secret tourney builds and loving around) is extremely common w/ SC2 progamers in the team leagues prior to a big final.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

symbolic posted:

The last 2 months were indeed a bit of a slump but they seem to win every major this year and I expect them to peak at the right moment again.

I wish you are right about TSM but I think the baguettes have a better chance.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Feeling like TSM will win and we will see KennyS tears in the finals after he goes 12-20

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
im actually turk

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

Feeling like TSM will win and we will see KennyS tears in the finals after he goes 12-20
Well that's just mean.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

Up Circle posted:

im actually turk

same

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Up Circle posted:

im actually turk

We are all turk inside.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
VP wins the major and I laugh at all of you.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

exethan posted:

Luminosity has been way better at LANs so I'd probably pick them over C9

I disagree. While LG has made it to the playoffs in the last majors, C9 has had way harder decider matchups (Kinguin & TSM vs F3 & CLG), plus C9 has consistently been winning against LG in their online matches.

Edit: In fact, LG is probably the most overrated team in the scene. Most of their success at the majors can be attributed to lucky-rear end group draws. They've basically done nothing besides that, online or offline.

Smol fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 26, 2015

Rond
Mar 2, 2015

mcvey posted:

And most of the time, they do hard strats and it works worse than normal...

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Is there a youtube channel that streams pro matches?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

Well that's just mean.

Listen I love KennyS and the baguettes but I've also lost a shitload on Titan/Envy in the past.

Rond
Mar 2, 2015

fyallm posted:

I'm not sure, most of the big tournaments are partnered with Twitch, and some smaller with hitboxTV. You're best bet is Twitch if you want decent casters and the most popular tournaments.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Or you could stream it through your game client.

Like an animal.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

fyallm posted:

Maybe? Some of the other big esports events/tournaments use several streaming platforms at the same time to broadcast (Twitch/Youtube/Azubu/etc.). Twitch is far and away the most popular for this type of event though

e- and it's probably worth noting that the matches for a major tournament like this will be uploaded to YT roughly eight nanoseconds after they finish up live (maybe not so fast but definitely quick)

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Thanks guys, was just hoping I was an idiot and couldn't find the channel, unfortunately twitch is blocked from where I want to watch it at.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Do any of the csgo betting sites let you do fantasy CSGO? And do any of the fantasy CSGO sites let you bet? If not then im gonna make a csgo draftkings/fanduel site asap.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Alphadraft and Vulcun (and probably others as well) do fantasy CSGO. Both are fairly big, they even produce CSGO podcasts for advertisement.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I think one or some of fanduel/draftkings/whatever actually has esports betting on it. Not sure if it's for CSGO and not League or something though.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Smol posted:

Alphadraft and Vulcun (and probably others as well) do fantasy CSGO. Both are fairly big, they even produce CSGO podcasts for advertisement.

Looks like I'm too late.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/24/fanduel-acquires-alphadraft-to-get-into-esports/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rond
Mar 2, 2015

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Do any of the csgo betting sites let you do fantasy CSGO? And do any of the fantasy CSGO sites let you bet? If not then im gonna make a csgo draftkings/fanduel site asap.

There's even some free betting on Vulcun with a "fake" currency that you get everyday when logging in.

• Locked thread