Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Chuck Finley posted:

Also yeah, I don't really give a poo poo if my companion is Jesus. I don't get a wave of satisfaction every time I kill the 100th squad of X troopers by hitting the cover button and smashing suppressive fire over and over.
I admit my republic main is now a gunslinger for this exact reason.

Well, that, the free duster, and the hopes of seeing Jedi Master Guss. Those three reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The best way to get companion influence is figure out their favorite type of gift by buying the 200 credit rank 1 gifts on the fleet, and then buy three full stacks of their favorite rank one gifts. It's a LOT of clicking but it should get them to about influence rank 15. The diminishing returns on those are nowhere near as bad as they used to be. The first few influence ranks fly by, and they'll still get something like 50 points per gift at rank 15, if it's their favorite kind. You can keep going past there, you'll keep getting points, but I stopped at 3 stacks, because yeesh.

At that point I actually tested a blue rank 5 gift that said "large" influence gain, but wasn't their favorite type, and I got fewer points than I did for a green rank 1 gift that was their favorite. Type is apparently way more important than level on those things now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The best way to get companion influence is figure out their favorite type of gift by buying the 200 credit rank 1 gifts on the fleet, and then buy three full stacks of their favorite rank one gifts. It's a LOT of clicking but it should get them to about influence rank 15. The diminishing returns on those are nowhere near as bad as they used to be. The first few influence ranks fly by, and they'll still get something like 50 points per gift at rank 15, if it's their favorite kind. You can keep going past there, you'll keep getting points, but I stopped at 3 stacks, because yeesh.

At that point I actually tested a blue rank 5 gift that said "large" influence gain, but wasn't their favorite type, and I got fewer points than I did for a green rank 1 gift that was their favorite. Type is apparently way more important than level on those things now.

Now, I would never do it because it violates ToS TECHNICALLY, but if anyone really wanted to they could always use an AHK script to automate right clicking and just leave their mouse over companion gift of choice in their inventory, and say, Windows+Z turns it on and off.

code:
; <COMPILER: v1.0.48.5>

#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 3

#z::

#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 1

if keep_winz_running = y

{

keep_winz_running = n

return

}

keep_winz_running = y

Loop,

{

MouseClick, right

Sleep, 1500

if keep_winz_running = n

break

}

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Now, I would never do it because it violates ToS TECHNICALLY, but if anyone really wanted to they could always use an AHK script to automate right clicking and just leave their mouse over companion gift of choice in their inventory, and say, Windows+Z turns it on and off.
Reported.

On an unrelated note, I'd pay real money for more storage space. Whatever was gained from less crafting mats is all gone from all those legacy armor pieces from lockboxes...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Do you even need lots of influence? Aren't conversations unlocked by story progress?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Reported.

On an unrelated note, I'd pay real money for more storage space. Whatever was gained from less crafting mats is all gone from all those legacy armor pieces from lockboxes...

Yeah that's why I was thankful for the free extra character slot. One character's primary purpose is "legacy gear mule"

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Dulfy has all the charts you'd ever need for figuring companion influence down to the exact point.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I just had an idea: Stealth raid. Tanks are assassins. Healers are operatives. DPS are either assassins or operatives.

I wonder how fast you could get a clear like that.

The fastest raids back in the day were all Operative heals and all Sniper DPS. Was all about dropping 14 pre-nerf Orbital Strikes.

We use to clear both NiM DF/DP in less than an hour.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Dulfy has all the charts you'd ever need for figuring companion influence down to the exact point.

Oh nice, now I kind of regret using a ton of my blue Jawa junk to get Alien Data Cubes before 4.0 hit. :(

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

Reported.

I've just been vendoring all the legacy armor unless I think it looks amazing. I'm sure I won't regret this, ever

sassassin posted:

Do you even need lots of influence? Aren't conversations unlocked by story progress?

Not sure about conversations but for gameplay, I've found that even at zero influence companions are more than capable of fighting, better than they ever were before in fact. I guess you'd only need high influence if you're trying to do cheesy poo poo like solo heroic star forts (which I tried to do and got rekt in the final room).

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

More KOTFE companion as decoration weirdness:

Some followers can be placed. Nice but when you 1st place them, they appear naked - not in their spiffy 4.0 clothes. Then if you summon them and then dismiss them, they appear clothed but in their default pre-4.0 gear instead and as a hologram :psyduck:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Defiance Industries posted:

Question: can the Interface Editor window be moved?

Yeah, it's finnicky as hell though. In my layout, it seems to be picking up the underlying system messages window first, I can move that out of the way and then I'm able to move the Interface Editor window by dragging in the right location. Somewhere top left-ish, IIRC.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Class restrictions on adaptive gear are the worst thing

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Class restrictions on adaptive gear are the worst thing

There should be almost none of those around anymore.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Medullah posted:

There should be almost none of those around anymore.

Did they remove the restrictions from the Inheritance gear?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rouncer posted:

Did they remove the restrictions from the Inheritance gear?

Probably not but that was never adaptive anyway, and the orange BoL gear was class restricted from the start.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Oh nice, now I kind of regret using a ton of my blue Jawa junk to get Alien Data Cubes before 4.0 hit. :(

I love that the Akk Dog's favorite is Artwork.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

When did the stronghold NPC limit come back?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Iron Tusk posted:

A mission after chapter 9 gives you the option to get 3 pieces of meat or jerky, which is in the artwork gift category, for some weird reason.

Funny enough, Koth's favourite is artwork, so I fed him with some weird jerky that looks like a tongue :D

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I really need to focus on just wrapping up the pre-kofte story stuff because it has been far too distracting making money. Did pull in like a million credits yesterday just going around doing dailies and heroics though, but my inventory is really starting to fill up with all those alliance crates stuff.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Berke Negri posted:

I really need to focus on just wrapping up the pre-kofte story stuff because it has been far too distracting making money. Did pull in like a million credits yesterday just going around doing dailies and heroics though, but my inventory is really starting to fill up with all those alliance crates stuff.

Well, the alliance crates have money inside so you've got another payout waiting for you.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Medullah posted:

Probably not but that was never adaptive anyway, and the orange BoL gear was class restricted from the start.

Got a ton of those kits sitting around hoping that they will remove the class restrictions.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Iron Tusk posted:

a painting of akk dogs playing poker

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Defiance Industries posted:

Well, the alliance crates have money inside so you've got another payout waiting for you.

It's good to be level 65.

I'm running low on impulse buys by this point though. I'm up to like, 45 armor sets in my collections, so most things left to buy are things I either am not interested in or gold sets that are prohibitively expensive.

I guess it's about time to unlock the last expansion for my Dromund Kaas apartment so I can stand on my balcony in the rain smoking a cigarette as jizz wails in the background.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

It's good to be level 65.

I'm running low on impulse buys by this point though. I'm up to like, 45 armor sets in my collections, so most things left to buy are things I either am not interested in or gold sets that are prohibitively expensive.

I guess it's about time to unlock the last expansion for my Dromund Kaas apartment so I can stand on my balcony in the rain smoking a cigarette as jizz wails in the background.

I bought the balcony on Dromund Kaas just so I could put Quinn out there.

He is standing by the window, looking inside on all the cool people.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

as jizz wails in the background.

Uh

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

It's canon.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man new characters are getting so many emails now that I literally don't have room for the stuff.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Man new characters are getting so many emails now that I literally don't have room for the stuff.

Yeah, I have exactly one inventory slot free when I start a new toon. It's getting a bit wild!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Medullah posted:

Luckily, mail from Bioware never expires, so extra storage space right there!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Other than various forms of completionism, is there a reason to do the expansion stuff on more than one character? I know the base game has a separate class story for everyone (and two screens on the Legacy tab to prove it), I assume Makeb has Rep/Emp story since I finished it pubbie-side and never went to half the place, what about Oricon, Revan and Empire?

Also since I just started into the expansion stuff (bought Hutt Cartel three years ago and lost interest in the game before playing it), are the Macrobinocular/Seeker Droid missions anything interesting or just something for people to do at max level?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Apart from a burning desire to experience every dialogue option on every light/dark class combination, there's really no reason to play it on more than one character. Unless you're a weirdo and care about achievements. I played through it on two characters, got one of the alliance guys up to 10 influence, and then just went back and leveled a lowbie. The best thing about this expansion honestly is how much it expedites leveling new characters.

I can't at all understand why anyone would grind companions up in influence levels.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Slim Killington posted:

I can't at all understand why anyone would grind companions up in influence levels.

Crafting, but you really only need a few at max influence.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dunno-Lars posted:

Luckily, mail from Bioware never expires, so extra storage space right there!

That's what I do. Every character has a bunch of emails with fireworks and crap in them. You also can just take some of the attached items and leave the rest, which is what I do with all the pilot gear.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Without getting spoilerly, is there a finalized total count of all the new companions available through the alliance system?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

Without getting spoilerly, is there a finalized total count of all the new companions available through the alliance system?

By my count, 5 main ones and 17 others. I may have missed one or 2 though, but I think I accounted for all the ones I don't have.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

12 recruited other than "main characters" with a 13th not available until November.

There is sadly one set that is only available on one faction Pierce can only be recruited by Imperials and M1-4X can only be recruited by Republic :sad:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Slim Killington posted:

Apart from a burning desire to experience every dialogue option on every light/dark class combination, there's really no reason to play it on more than one character. Unless you're a weirdo and care about achievements. I played through it on two characters, got one of the alliance guys up to 10 influence, and then just went back and leveled a lowbie. The best thing about this expansion honestly is how much it expedites leveling new characters.

Perhaps you are the one who is weird. :geno:

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
It's been a pleasure playing with you goons but I've reached my game goal of kissing Lana Beniko and will be quitting the game. It's been a wild ride, and may the force be with you guys.

just kidding haha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

MikeyLikesIt posted:

It's been a pleasure playing with you goons but I've reached my game goal of kissing Lana Beniko and will be quitting the game. It's been a wild ride, and may the force be with you guys.

just kidding haha!

Just once? You need to up your game, man, you could have done that at least 5 times or so by now. :v:

• Locked thread